Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

mdemone posted:

Alright I'm always ashamed to do this, but: idgi

it amused me because instead of conveying the message of "this is my significant other" it sounds like they are trying to scare you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Elysiume posted:

I mean they're big relative to other characters, not freakishly large relative to other characters like they'd need to be in order to merit the nightmarish mess that is the live action CGI version.

I think the movie just maintained the same stupid anime eyes proportion and it's highlighting how loving weird that is when juxtaposed with actual people

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

I just want to know if that tie was intended to be comical at the time, I could see it going either way

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Wifi Toilet posted:

Here's some recycled content because it made me laugh

IIRC that's 100% intentional

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Who What Now posted:

Counterpoint: Her "I really don't care" jacket she wore while seeing the immigrant children in cages. She also poo poo over the MeToo movement, saying women need hard evidence before they think of coming forward. Plus the general sociopathy of the ultra-rich.

She sucks rear end.

I can't believe you're cyberbullying her like this. I wish a high profile figure would take a stand and actually do something about this sort of thing.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

No matter how many years pass, no matter what mood I'm in, this clip will always have me giggling like a moron. Sometimes it takes 10-20 loops, though.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
From pages ago

The Bloop posted:

I'll teach your grandmother to suck eggs!

As a misguided child I actually asked my grandmother what the hell that means. Apparently people used to eat eggs or shell them by poking holes in the ends and sucking/blowing the contents out and it was such a normal thing to know how to do that teaching your grandma is ridiculous.

I still can't believe that didn't backfire somehow.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
I was just about to complain about a post of a ton of videos with sound in the "funny pictures" thread without a trace of irony but that one is actually even more annoying

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
I skipped 50 pages of this thread because I got sad at the idea of these forums imploding. You all are hilarious and keep it up.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

RabbitWizard posted:

poo poo is serious:

ok so I realize you just started a whole slew of people posting goofy names but this site seems like total bullshit to me

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
Honestly the fact that we all go into a secret room and largely just act on instinct figuring out how to handle poo poo coming out of us is hilarious. Like, this should be explained to people.

There's a show on Netflix that I can't remember the name of where they basically just do little micro social experiments on a group of 100 people and one of them was to ask them how they wipe. The number of people that just coat their hand with 4 or 5 rotations of TP like they are plastic wrapping a pallet is insane. Like, otherwise normal people do insane poo poo when wiping.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

I have an image bookmark folder that I examined today, 2 hours ago, after many months. The first image is this image. Get the gently caress out of my head.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Leon Sumbitches posted:

This image makes me nauseous

peas are actually quite delicious when served upside-down

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Hey. I made that.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
he sucks but as a long time uninterrupted forums member this is still weird as gently caress, maybe especially weird that it took this long for something like that

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
I actually think that dude is smart and just had a brain fart. I wish I could be that gracious about being a dumbass.

Also yes the front page articles from way back did not age well as as a whole. I have always gotten my enjoyment from the forums, and I’m sure there’s some unfortunate poo poo from back then too. That said it’s loving weird how much of my general sense of humor was shaped by this forum.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Lodin posted:

What did Apple mean by this?

Laptop processors scale performance with power consumption. This is saying you get equal performance at much lower power, and as you up the power, it ends up being more powerful than the old stuff can get at a lower power.

Now, what is "performance"? Who the gently caress knows.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

I always look at that smashed car and think just how unsafe that thing was. There's basically no reasonable frame on the top. Imagine if that car flipped, ever?

Kenning posted:

Honest to god I think that's the best-produced local news segment I've ever seen.

Only thing I wish it had was some folksy anecdotes from the old dudes watching from the dunes before it blew up

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
I wish there was a different word for these kinds of puns

Woebin posted:

Doughn't do this any more.
and these kinds of puns

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Such a wish would result in foot pain

but I guess I'll have to settle with "lovely puns" and "great puns", respectively.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
When a handful of people say "I really like X" what is it that makes people want to say "no, X is bad". That doesn't even refute the statement or add anything to the discussion. I'm probably just forgetting what actual trolling / flamebaiting is.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
A lot of actors are somewhat ashamed of the business side. As in, they just need gigs and not everything is a passion project.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

I'm actually just annoyed that someone has dogs that just hop around outside where gators exist, jesus.

anyway I'm South Park: Bigger, Longer, Uncut HAHAHA THIS IS SO FUNNY KEEP DOING IT

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
it's like a lovely kid's name word search! Pretty sure it's gonna be Sconaylry

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Beachcomber posted:

I don't know why she thought she looked like poo poo in the first place?

I am not her or a woman but I'm way more sensitive to how tired my eyes look or how messy my hair is on that particular day than other people would be. It's probably something like that. Or would be, if this wasn't a skit.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
unfortunately I can't focus on these other great images because this Demver poo poo just got blown WIDE OPEN

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Damnit I guess I'm watching this movie again.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

half of these seem like just a knee jerk reaction to someone unexpectedly asking what your favorite phrase is

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
the fact that the original Mr. Bungle album was written and performed by basically a bunch of straight-edge high school students from Eureka is what always gets me.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

dialhforhero posted:

Can this also be done with a penis?

Asking for a friend.

I know you're joking but I'm 100% sure that's being worked on and eventually the answer will be "yes", but I think we're a ways off from custom-ordered dicks. God help us when that happens.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
Just thought of this image for the first time in many years

... anyone have the original, shittier looking MS paint one?

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
Thanks guys, trying to decide if it's appropriate for a 35 year old to frame one on the wall.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Nice Y axis

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

BOOTY-ADE posted:

I sincerely hope Bill Clinton finds you & does inappropriate things to you with a cigar...

thanks for reminding me of that little tidbit that was somehow locked away in my childhood

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

It is unfathomable how, I'm assuming, the same people that flipped their poo poo at Kaepernick will fly a flag like this.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
yeah whenever I see signs that are vehemently anti-vaping I just think that compared to actual cigarettes, it's so, so much better to be around

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Android Apocalypse posted:

Quarterback Tom Brady swears by avocado ice cream.

His TB12 diet is insane (no strawberries or any other things that are inflammatory) but he's won 7 Super Bowls soooooo :shrug:.

honestly I enjoyed the Subway ads with Tom Brady where Steph Curry says "do you even eat bread?" and Tom says "It's a commercial"

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Hyperlynx posted:

I think Giger would have approved.

not even remotely phallic enough.

wait, I'm squinting... maybe

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

learnincurve posted:

This is my simple dog, who is also over dramatic dog if food is 0.3 seconds late.

maaaaaaaaaan I wish I could find another springer spaniel

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

interesting to know that the whole "kids write letters backwards!" bit has been around for a long time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

is this golden stream the color people look for in an egg nog?

BTW, boozy egg nog is fantastic but much like a white russian, you just have to have like 3oz of one and cool it.