Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Aleph Null posted:

Don't be silly. I bought the CD as soon as a I had a Discman and bought the Remaster when it came out. I was a huge fangirl. I even bought the Quake 2 disk just for the soundtrack; that's actually how I was introduced to gaming (much to my chagrin).
I even have some bootlegs of stuff like the demo cuts of a few of the pretty hate machine songs that are bit more electronic and pop-y (purest feeling, twist) and some surreptitiously recorded live albums. Also, nin's Supernaut cover.

Trent was so dreamy.

NIN never covered Supernaut, Trent did vocals on 1,000 Homo DJ's cover of Supernaut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xjho-zVgDXo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

RatHat posted:

Cows are extremely curious. Personality-wise they're kinda like dogs. Too bad we farm them to eat, not to be pets.

Cows even have best friends!

https://www.barnsanctuary.org/blog/science-cow-friendship-cows-best-friends/

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

The Ape of Naples posted:

I have not answered a phone in years.

E: I'm realizing I'd probably screw it up. I'd forget that it's common to say 'hello' and I'd just say "yeah?" or something. It would be a foreign experience to me like eating lobster or programming a VCR or sex.

E2 I kid of course. I can program a VCR.

Answering the phone with "Who are you and what do you want?" leads to some long pauses as their bran processes that you didn't say "Hello" but it gets results.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

All alcohol should be served at body temperature so you can't tell you're drinking it.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Data Graham posted:

This cow is fuckin metal

uber_stoat posted:

u wot mate

We have a badass pics thread for stuff like horny cows:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3632393

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

RaspberryCommie posted:

Apparently the levels of angel are different in each of the Abrahamic faiths, but there's always nine of them.

According to wiki (I know) the nine choirs in descending order are: Seraphim, Cherubim, Thrones, Dominions, Virtues, Powers, Principalities, Archangels and Angels. And above all of those sits Metatron.

Aren't there Nephilim too?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

jojoinnit posted:

I also got nothing. Magic Eyes never work for me either.

Magic Eyes don't actually work people just claim they do because other people claim they do and they don't want to look dumb.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

See? Look at all these people pretending they can see something just so they can be part of the in crowd.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

FreudianSlippers posted:

Maybe my eyes are broken but I just see a texture. I think I know what I'm supposed to be seeing but nothing no matter how I look at it.

Maybe that's :thejoke:

Nope you're just a normal person who doesn't bow to peer pressure and mass delusion.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

When I was a kid and went swimming in various freshwater shitholes I was always worried about getting bit by an alligator snapping turtle. Scared me way more than alligators themselves

The Alligator Snappers, while huge, are suuuuuper chill compared to Common Snappers. Either one will try and eat a chunk of you if you get in front of them, but only the Common is gonna snap out like that.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Tambaloneus posted:

They should try it with my cat then. He has 3 litter boxes and still shits on the loving floor half the time.

Do you clean the boxes daily? If no I'd try doing that first. A cat peeing/pooping outside the box is usually a sign that something is wrong. Could be dirty boxes, or it could need a vet visit to check for ???. My cat will pee on her litter mat if she is mad at me, is it possible your cat hates you? Do you have small children or stupid roommates who mistreat the cat? Clean the boxes take the cat to the vet and take any annoying kids/housemates to a no-kill shelter to be re-homed.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

uber_stoat posted:

my cat takes big nasty shits on the floorboards when i get lazy about cleaning her litterbox but if you have that many options for kitty maybe it's something else.

People with one cat and multiple boxes generally think that they found sort of magic lifehack and can be lazy and clean the boxes 1/3rd as often and then do it far less than that. If a cat has multiples to choose from it's going to have one it likes best and use it the most often and then get mad when it's dirty and the other two aren't but box cleaning day is still at least 2 days away.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Tambaloneus posted:

All 3 are clean enough to eat out of. I clean them more than daily because I cannot stand strong smells. The only two people here are 2 nerds who dote on him. In all fairness he's also pretty old (18) and I think he's a bit senile. He was never the smartest cat to start with, so I forgive the stinky rear end in a top hat. Most of the time. He's also somehow terrified of his own shits, and will bolt from the litter box when he does use it like it bit his arse so I think he's just getting halfway done - freaking out at the fact there's poo poo near him now and getting so far before going "oh no there's more" and doing more wherever he is. Poor old goat. Mind you, he might be doing it because like most cats he's a right oval office.

That's called the "poopy zoomies" and it most likely from defecation stimulating the Vagus Nerve. My cat does it too but luckily only gets poo outside the box once every few years.

This is Dor (Adora Belle). She turned 14 this year.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Y'all should scuttle on over to the crab thread aka. the best thread on the forums:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3840718

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Here is the link if you'd like to know more:
http://andy.dorkfort.com/art/VCD/AS1_SITE/hotdogabout.html

Edit: there is a PYF Graphs thread? Neat!

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I have so many new ideas about eating hot dogs and smoking weed and using condoms and doing crimes now and they're all jumbled together in my head.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Lobok posted:

This is what the left has been missing all these years. You want people to care about unions and corporate tax cuts and privatization, gotta throw some weiners in there.

Throwing weiners in solves pretty much any problem.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

caredresser? is that you?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Fister Roboto posted:

wtf has there always been a stray white pixel on :3:

That's either saliva from drooling or cum. It's a feature not a bug.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

By popular demand posted:

Am I going to regret asking 'What Warren Ellis baggage' ?

Yes.

https://www.somanyofus.com/

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Busket Posket posted:

I was going to go off on a tangent about sociolinguistics and biases and American English regional phonology/phonotactics but then my browser failed and I took that as a sign to shut the gently caress up.

Did you ever contact my friend? They finished their dissertation "A Culturally Therapeutic Model for Exiting Supremacism" and probably has time to talk now lol

Edit: this should have been a PM lol oops.

Edit 2: fixed the pronouns

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Sorry. :(

I have like half a shelf worth of his stuff and ugh.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Same, he was probably my overall favorite comic guy, Nextwave was incredible.

My favorite comedian growing up was Bill Cosby. Had all his sets on tape, family listened to them nonstop on long car rides.

I think maybe I should just stop liking things.

I have a hard time with "Death of the Author" type stuff and I know if I try to re-read his novels or Transmetropolitan i'm just going to be seeing a lot of stuff in a different light. Nextwave was incredible but I am scared to go back and re-read it.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Cyrano4747 posted:

gently caress, even a power hour (60 shots of beer in 60 min) is an accomplishment.

It's not even the raw alcohol content, although a Centurion will get you hosed up. It's the raw volume of liquid and the bubbles in your gut. Most people I've seen pop during one have been from their bodies slapping the emergency pressure release valve.

I could do a Power Hour but I could never feel proud about it. It would just put my alcoholism on full display for the world to see.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Hyperlynx posted:

That's what happened with me.

It's funny, at the time it didn't even occur to me how much alcohol it was for the timeframe, or even how much liquid. A shot seemed like such a small thing.

You can really min/max your Power Hour by using vodka instead of beer (pls don't ever do this my poor liver).

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Speed running the Power Hour via alcohol content :hmmyes:

The best jokes come from a place of truth and holy poo poo how am I still alive?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

Raise your hand if one of these is in your drawer.

I used to know a person (who is or was a Goon, hi Catilin!) and we went to Radio Shack for one of these and the guy called it a "Magic Adapter" and pulled one out of a drawer behind the counter. He was amazed they had it or that anyone needed it. Cat, if you're reading this, feel free to correct me as to what happened that day at Southlake Mall like 15 years ago lol.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I thought they stopped making eMachines

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

James Woods posted:

If you guys don't go to the bathroom on airplanes how do you sneak puffs on the disposable vape you bought at Duty Free?

P.S. A couple dryer sheets in an empty water bottle make a great exhaler.

No that just makes everything smell like dryer sheets. If you're that desperate to hide smells you're probably pretty noseblind to anything though.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

PYF Funny Pictures: No I think they only killed one clown

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

Meanwhile the usps ships drugs on time and untouched. God bless public service

My pharmacy sent me a Schedule 2 prescription via FedEx and it never arrived and I bitched so hard about it that now a whole pharmacy chain won't mail scripts via anything other than USPS with a signature on delivery. It was a lovely couple of weeks and they are spending sooooo much extra money.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I call my bathroom the "mudroom" because it's where I make mud.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Baron von Eevl posted:

Also one wall is just a big floor-to-ceiling window so anyone wandering around the back of the house will see you making GBS threads it showering.

This is a feature not a bug.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

bike tory posted:

The only good Metallica songs were written by Dave Mustaine.

I'm kinda (very) drunk and read this at first as "Dave Matthews"

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Are there hip hop covers? Like, will one rapper cover another rapper's song? I know there's like sad indie guitar covers of Hey Ya and that sort of thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6D5xpCgETk

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Hirayuki posted:

Another student and I already had enough (still rudimentary) coding experience in our mid-'90s computer class that we got to jump to the end of the textbook and basically test out of the entire course. I spent the rest of class time for the whole semester playing Nethack, which I found on a random disk in the computer lab. Good times.

I had this amazing computer class in college where once you hit chapter 5 of the book you learned all about how to cheat on the tests and always pass. Yeah just make the output a file you can edit without anyone knowing.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Trabant posted:

I don't know where else to post this, the greatest interview question and answer:

https://twitter.com/KiLBJJ/status/1653013916581076997

There are at least 3 Goons who can answer this. I am one of them. The answer is that it feels more like sucking dick than getting your dick sucked. Now y'all know.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Hyperlynx posted:

Sounds like you need to work on your technique then :shrug:

Probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

The Poorly Drawn Lines TV show was great.