Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer
I'm at a software conference in Chicago starting today. Is there a good bar near the Mile-High Marriott where I can watch the Sounders game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Hello Towel posted:

The Globe is better, but Fado is closer to you.

Yeah, the Globe is a half-hour bus ride, Fado of a twelve-minute walk, I think that's where I'll probably land. Thanks!

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
That was the best counterattacking I've seen from Seattle in three seasons.

In that there was counterattacking.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

joshtothemaxx posted:

Good. Because the first teams to be relegated (outside of maybe Seattle and Portland) would instantly fold and leave big ol empty stadiums in their wake.

Yeah, I think it would be awesome for soccer to get big enough in the U.S. that we could do relegation, but we're nowhere close right now.

Also, I suspect Brian Schmetzer is promising to take the team out for pizza and I've cream if they win during his halftime speeches.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

shirts and skins posted:

Those cash incentives are like a whole new team for SKC. It may not be much in the transfermarkt world, but that's a poo poo ton in MLS. They can pay down other DPs and bring in new guys from Europe/South American while the window is still open. That's what Seattle is looking to do with Ozzie Alonso and Derlis Gonzalez.

Kind of weird timing given that they're contending for a high seed, so one would think they have a target or targets in mind.

WHAT? The Sounders are looking to trade Ozzie? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

EDIT: Oh, wait, pay off his DP, yeah, okay, that's fine. Jesus. Heart attack. I need to learn to read better.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Poor Clint Dempsey; so close, yet so far away.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Dallan Invictus posted:

LA Times journo on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/kbaxter11/status/890589057159385088

It would be hilariously ironic if Sigi's midseason hiring saves the Galaxy the year after Sigi's midseason firing saved the Sounders.

(though honestly signing Lodeiro saved the Sounders)

edit: oh wow, literally a year and a day after he was fired and LA play Seattle on the weekend? Who is scripting this season? I owe them a beer.

Good for Sigi. I mean, I don't want him to win against the Sounders or anything, but he gave us a lot of great years.i hope he does well there (when they're not playing against the Sounders).

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
If Snyder buys DC United, are they going to change the name?

Maybe the DC Celestials?

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

whypick1 posted:

That doesn't look like an ethnic slur...
I didn't want to use something less archaic, but it is, in fact, an ethnic slur. Used mostly to refer to Chinese people in the late 1800s, I think.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

shirts and skins posted:

Just before the deadline the Sounders nabbed something called Calum Mallace, which is somehow not a semipro wrestler. Based on the amused reaction from Impact fans this news is, uh, not super positive. And, no Derlis Gonzales. Still a strong and deep lineup, but a bit of a disappointment after all that hype.
Maybe he'll end up being an anti-Nelson Valdez, where we expect nothing from him, but he does amazingly well.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Flags Of The World posted:

At least I was conveniently reminded by my email this afternoon that the Revs are doing the "Force you to renew your season tickets a month before the end of the season" game this year.

The funny thing is that if you only ever watched them at home, you'd think they were a good and fun and competitive team. I think I might take the risk that I won't "have access to my seat location for the 2017 MLS Cup Playoffs" this time.

The Sounders did that for August 31st. And they jacked up ticket prices by 15%.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

binge crotching posted:

Mine only went up a buck, still cheap as hell. Seahawks season tickets in the same spot would be roughly 6x the cost.

drat, they must've figured out that our seats were underpriced for the view they offered. *shakes fist*

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

whypick1 posted:

I'm surprised, only because I'm super cynical about these sorts of things, but Roman Torres' bullshit red actually got overturned.

I just came in here to post about this. loving floored, I didn't even know that could happen in the MLS. Like, I knew there were rules for it, I just didn't realize it actually, y'know, happened.

Tank44 posted:

My Sounders tickets in 134 (lower mid-field) went up 28%! Ugh. reply to why they jacked the prices up were "it's market value". Buddy who manages the tickets barely has been able to sell off many games we cant make.

Yeah, my thought is that I will do this once, and if they pull it again next season, I'll cancel.

We'll see if that holds, though, or if I'm every bit the loving sucker they think I am.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Azerban posted:

in actual relegation news, i'm loving how much of a comic book villain this guy is

Somebody has to have hacked his Twitter feed, right? Or this is some sort of performance art?

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
gently caress, they may be putting one of the conference semifinal matches on Halloween. Why the gently caress would you do that?

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
As a Seattle fan:

I would love to repeat, but really, Toronto deserves it. I'm okay with whatever happens, as long as we don't get knocked out by Portland.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Tigren posted:

I have an issue with Sacramento getting a spot. Why the hell would I ever want to travel to Sacramento for an away game?

Maybe you have some sort of terminal disease, and just need that extra push to end it all.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Having a third soccer team in Texas (between the other two, nonetheless) seems dumb.

Has Austin said anything about this?

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Since the Hawaii LAN thread hasn't seen any action in over two years... Anyone know where I could go to watch the Western Conference Final on Maui?

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Landon Donovan was great in the Houston/Seattle game.

:) : Beasley is hitting the grass here, looks like he might be really hurt.
:agesilaus: : I've known DeMarcus Beasley since we were 16, and he's about to stand u and walk away from this no problem.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

binge crotching posted:

And so once again we get two obnoxious fan bases in the final.

Wait, people think Toronto's fan base is obnoxious...?

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Is there anywhere in Austin that isn't suburbs?

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Well played, Toronto. You more than earned it this season. :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

It's probably an effort by the Seattle Times to make people look at their site with adblock off.

• Locked thread