Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

a.lo posted:

No it doesn't
There's three amiibos left, but four in development for release. Unless they decide to release female Corrin (which they have never done for any other amiibo) then it's a new character for the Deluxe version.

Also, Bayonetta and Corrin were released in February 2016. Cloud was released earlier still, in December 2015. Even weird third party issues doesn't apply, as Corrin would still be in the clear for release while they worked out poo poo with Platinum and Square. There's no real reason to delay these amiibos for over a year besides holding them back until Smash Deluxe releases. Especially if the game has some new amiibo gimmick to show off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Takoluka posted:

The Wii U version runs slightly better due to optimizations for that specific console, so
Except the Wii U still chugs in places, whereas handheld mode (also in 720p) runs flawlessly

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Has-Been Heroes ain't doing too well in the reviews.

Please be good, Snake Pass :ohdear:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

It ain't cheap giving those carts their unique flavor.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

lol if you're buying amiibos for paltry bonus content and not just to own a cool toy

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I'm glad the Switch is getting Minecraft so it will avoid console jail.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Kashuno posted:

Hot takes: payday2 is not gonna do poo poo on the Switch. The Pikmin, FE, and Kirby games look good. ARMS looks way better than I expected. Splatoon2 looks amazing. Mine craft on switch is going to be a ridiculously good system seller for the sole reason of being able to play mine craft on the go
I feel like kids being able to take their Switch to a friend's and the two of them can mess around in Minecraft on their own systems will make it super appealing.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

I love(d?) Bomberman 64 to death, but throwing it (and the later Bomberman Hero stuff) under the "Bomberman" label seems weird given the only thing it really has in common with the usual Bomberman stuff is "dude in a white and pink ski mask who uses bombs".

Of course the end result is seeing that the Switch Bomberman is 100% what I'd consider "multiplayer" Bomberman even in single player mode just makes me less inclined to buy it so whoops.
Bomberman single player has never been anything but average at best. I admit I played a lot of 64's single, but that was mostly to unlock poo poo.

When I played Bomberman R's single-player, the pittance of currency to unlock poo poo turned me off it super quick. Maybe Easy mode is just real poo poo for coins, but I didn't want to bang my head against that poo poo on hard.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Cardboard Box posted:

i love the lovely plastic wheels i've seen on amazon. so loving pointless and it looks like if anything it'd make a single joycon even more awkward to hold. it'll be even better if there isn't even tilt steering for single joycons.
I think the Nintendo ones have decent shoulder buttons so they'd probably be better than just a joycon if you're doing motion steering.

Which...you shouldn't.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Jimmy Hats posted:

I prefer the puyo side of the equation simply because I think it makes for better versus games. The tetris side is incredibly fast paced and differences in skill make themselves apparent pretty quickly, while the puyo side you can sort of stumble into success even if you're not super great and it makes it a little more exciting.
Those fluke five chain combos

"Ha-ha, I totally meant to do that."

Then you do nothing but two chains for another five games

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

No Waluigi; no sale.

Feenix posted:

How do happy meal toys work? Are they random all at once or phased out in stages? My kid would flip for these. Especially since he's gonna come home to MARIO KART.
It's random but you can request specific toys for your kids. Note that for this reason they tend to run out of popular ones, especially if the current toy is part of a franchise that attracts collectors.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

High level puyo puyo tetris might be interesting, let's see...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6sN-kB0HSE
:staredog:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Raserys posted:

how hard is the single player stuff in puyo tetris, like, I can with some difficulty beat the computer on medium in the demo, can't even process what's happening here though
I'm on what seems to be the final world and am probably as good as you are.

I'm worse at puyo puyo and just kind bumble my way through til the cpu dies

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Inzombiac posted:

Wonderboy:
Real good or no good?
It's a (good) remake of an old (good) game, but it's also literally that game with all the outdated design in tact. The new art is great, but you have to deal with stuff like no checkpoints and little guidance (seriously the pig they tell you to talk to is mostly worthless).

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Mario Maker Deluxe will require two Switches to play

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I can't help but imagine they'll introduce Miiverse for Switch when they unveil the paid online stuff at E3.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Spellman posted:

Reminded of a game that will never get a sequel, but I'd take over any other superfast racer anyday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FeExM-jOao&t=19s
:staredog: the gently caress

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Switching remains good

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

chaleski posted:

How about a non-lovely Paper Mario

Like make a Paper Mario game with the usual fantastic writing and characters and all, but don't tack on some dogshit gimmicky concept to it

I'm not asking for a lot
Nintendo thinks Mario & Luigi makes Paper Mario obsolete because THEY'RE BOTH RPGS!!! even if they both play way differently. Also certain seems to be clamping down on more story-heavy Mario games.

So expect a lot of dumb gimmicks until either the series or Miyamoto dies.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Patter Song posted:

I beat 10-10 on Puyo Puyo Tetris!

90.7% completion. I can live with that.
there are ten worlds? I thought 7 was the last one :staredog:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Scratch-O posted:

No seriously, is there a guide to getting better at Puyo Pop? I cannot wrap my head around making anything higher than a 3-combo when they give you, like, 20 spaces that pieces can take up.
SEGA hired a pro player to make a series of videos for competitive play. It'll teach you the basic patterns for combos, and from there it's a matter of practicing to learn how to mix and match them for those super 10-chains.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kubNL_Nug8U

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Beat the main story of Puyo Puyo Tetris, and fuuuuuck Fusion mode. I'm already bad at both games, don't make me try both at once.

This game is great, and I've actually put more hours into it than Mario Kart :ohdear:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Patter Song posted:

On a happier note: I finally passed 100% in Puyo Puyo Tetris. I cannot put that damned game down. I love it to death.
It's an amazing game, and it's loving perfect for Switch. Even better is that the two games are very good versions even standalone, with a lot of options for tweaking settings in case you want something closer to old-school Tetris/Puyo with no hold option or five colors or whatever.

I dislike Fusion mode, but Swap mode is legitimately fun.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Borsche69 posted:

anmyone calling it a dead, unlviing world, never played OOT or twilight princess.
Technically it was redead in OOT :eng101:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I look forward to playing it for five minutes then forgetting it's on my phone

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

empathe posted:

How large are the games?

I was able to cancel my GameStop bundle pre-order and snag a $299 on Amazon today with MK8.

Wondering if I should get Zelda physical or just get an SD and go digital.
Zelda is like 13GB and I think Mario Kart is roughly 7.

If you get an SD, I recommend a large one or go exclusively for smaller indie titles if you opt for a smaller one. Switch carts are tiny, so there's not much point in digital if you're swapping out a bunch of similarly sized SD cards.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

The twist is that Callie won the Octoling Squid Sister Splatfest.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

At E3 they'll announce that all the Rabbids are romancable

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Lakbay posted:

What game was rayman thrown out and it just became Rabbids

like how Minions became their own thing from Despicable Me
like the third one. Didn't take long

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I'm maining Hitmonchan

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I never expected ARMS to be the game to tear the Switch thread apart.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Gaspy Conana posted:

Got some possible Smash leaks or somethin' over yonder:

https://twitter.com/Dystify/status/869600978940637184

Looks a little fakey to me but who knows.
There are no damage indicators for the characters in the split screen images. So yeah, it's just high-res 3DS screenshots since the damage stuff was all on the bottom screen.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Mister Facetious posted:

If the multiplayer still works, I'd buy it for Secret of Mana (US) alone.
Honestly the multiplayer has not aged well. It's still fun, don't get me wrong, but once you're deep into the game it gets old having to essentially pause the game every five seconds for a player to cast a spell or use an item.

I'd love for an updated version where you can have each player on their own switch, and the menu ring doesn't pause the game for everyone, but that's probably way too much for an old game.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Both sides of the ARMS stupidity have issues and should consider not posting here anymore.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

TFRazorsaw posted:

Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon for the Switch would be, honestly, a very bad idea. The thing is brand new, it's priced like a higher end machine, and these are sequels to games whose fanbases are already invested in the 3DS or the primary market for the 3DS.

There is no practical reason to put it on the Switch that isn't pleasing fanboys with skewed priorities.
It's already a double-dip title so it makes perfect sense to release it on Switch?

I could understand if it was something more substantial like a gen 4 remake, but this is just a remix of the games with I assume a new story and different forms.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Pokken is good but that game's scene died within months. Maybe being on something besides noted dead system Wii U will help it.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Also the UI in Sun/Moon is complete rear end and feels like it was done to make it easier to port to a system without a second screen. Compare the UI in gen 7 to gen 6 and there's really no excuse for it if they're not planning SOME kind of Switch release.

There's also no reason we can't have Ultra Sun/Moon on both systems.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

jyrque posted:

I genuinely like this trend of releasing deluxe versions of Wii U best hits on Switch. There's a lot of games I haven't had the time to check out on this system.
It's a good idea that helps pad out the library while developers get on board to make new stuff. Also things like Mario Kart with fairly large new features (an Actually Good Battle Mode) are very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Prediction: Nintendo will announce Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island for the Switch

• Locked thread