Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I'm in California and walking distance from a Fry's. Just walked over at 6PM and they were having people seated at the little cafe inside the store where they would call you up and you would tell them what you wanted and they print you a voucher to come back at midnight and pick up your system. I got the black system, Zelda, and 123 Switch. I'm gonna drive back cause I don't want to get mugged walking home with it.

Goon speed everyone. Merry Switchmas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I got Zelda and 123 Switch. Will I need a sd card immediately or I can play both games fine after system updates?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Inzombiac posted:

Physical carts? Of course you'll be fine.
Ok. These folks in line scared me with some bullshit. Everyone are buying overpriced micro sd cards they have displayed at check out.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Fry's had 90 systems. Not many games. They only had 8 copies of 123 Switch. My voucher was #13 and the last person to show up to pick up my system and games. The manager just gave me Zelda for free cause they didn't have my reserved copy of 123.

Fry's is loving awesome. Go to one in the morning. This store had like 20 at least left before they closed. I'm too tired to turn the poo poo on though. Goodnight.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Zelda is amazing. What else is must have at launch??

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I'm looking for a travel case. Anyone have that Hori tough pouch? Wonder how that compares to the RDS one.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

well why not posted:

I have it and am pleased. I just got off a UK > Sydney trip and it held up well. I really like the flap and the doublezip lets you charge with it stored neatly. The tough pouch fits quite well in a back-of-seat pouch and etihad has power sockets in every seat. Switch isn't pocketable, but it definitely works well as a handheld.

Zelda on the plane was incredible, I can't believe that a game of this quality is handheld with so few compromises. No longer does handheld mean a cut-down streamlined version. The portable version is the console version and I couldn't be happier.
That said, I hope they keep making 2D-ish Zelda titles because they rule too.

Great news! This is just what I wanted to hear. I love that the system is a full portable too. Last night I felt the game changing epiphany playing Zelda handheld. Even getting a gimped version of multiplatform games would make me consider Switch over the PS4 (depending on the game) because of the portability factor.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Nintendo just needs to make their next generation system a Switch with longer battery life and they will forever be the console of choice. I'm most likely buying NBA2K on this thing so I can play on the go.

I kept thinking about Switch not having Street pass type of poo poo but I guess the upcoming Nintendo online service revolves around using your smart device in conjunction with the system. That's pretty cool if I can do all the extra Nintendo ecosystem poo poo on my phone like I do with my PS4. I hope Nintendo can use smart devices better than all those crappy companion apps we've seen for multiplat AAA titles.

Also, holy gently caress cases are sold out everywhere. I got two weeks before my trip to secure one.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I've seen the Wii U being played at airports a few times. 3DSes everywhere. Switch only made sense.

Nintendo just needs to release a first party licensed power pack and they will make bank.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Nintendo systems have the best couch multiplayer games. I hope the trend continues with Switch.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Would be cool if tides of numenara came out on Switch so I can play it on the go.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Hey guys stop going to Fry's and buying up all the HORI cases. Thanks!

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

This whole console is really loving cool. It's very obviously what Nintendo wanted to do with the Wii U but couldn't. Only complaint is that the - and + buttons are a little hard to press, and it's hard to not press buttons and gently caress things up while pulling the Joycons out of their rails.
Yeah the next Nintendo system is going to be a large battery gaming iPad with a myriad of comfortable wireless i/o devices.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Rosalind posted:

Is there anywhere where a decent case (i.e. not that PDP one that everyone seems to dislike) is in stock online?
I dunno. Been trying to find a HORI tough pouch before my trip next week. Everything sold out so I might have to wool sock it.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

snipperclips good with kids or am I doomed to pick up 1 2 Switch for family fun time?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

My nephews are in grade 1 and can play chess. They should be able to handle the puzzles?

Or should I just get both games for LOL family time?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I'm gonna pick up a pro controller next week to see what the fuss is all about. Does it work with macOS?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

The best Warioware ever better be released on the Switch.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Will we find out the Arms release day tomorrow?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

The PDP case was horrible garbage that I had to return. Thankfully the store just got a bunch of HORI cases which is exactly what I wanted it. It's a tiny bit more bulky but rugged enough to survive a drop. Plus it looks nice.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I'm awake so I might as well try ARMS again. I only got to play 3 matches and it didn't click. I'll play as much of the testpunch as I can but I think Tekken 7 should be enough fighting for this summer.

Can't wait for Splatoon 2 though!

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

No idea how to play arms and I am destroying all the Japanese players while looking like an idiot jumping around the living room at 5 in the morning.
Thank you, Nintendo.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Frankston posted:

Hey guys, what's the best hard travel case for the Nintendo Switch?
HORI one is great.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I think I'm going to pass on ARMS this month since I have a PS4 backlog. I'm really hyped for Splatoon 2 though.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Have they announced a release date for stardew valley?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Still nothing. They removed it from a listing of upcoming stuff so we were hoping for a stealth "now available"... and nothing.
That sucks. I've been holding off the pc and PS4 version cause it seems perfect for Switch in handheld mode.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I want Nidhogg 2 on the Switch.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Hmmmm hey Nintendo how about you release the loving Stardew valley?
:yeah:

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Scholtz posted:

Lmao if you haven't added fiber supplements to your diet and installed a bidet
:yeah:

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I have a feeling Stardew Valley on the Switch will be the definitive version since the dev said it'll be the first version with 4-player co-op. I think that's why it is taking so long too.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Agreed. It just needs to have a hard enough shell with padding to not get crushed in your bag.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Played a bunch of Splatoon today in anticipation of the sequel. I can't wait!

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

SeANMcBAY posted:

How's the population these days? I stoped with 1 so 2 will have maximum freshness.:cool:
Lots of people playing. No long waits in matchmaking. I hope some sort of miiverse interaction is going to be around in the 2nd one. I love reading peoples messages and seeing their art in the hub world.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

How do I install BonziBuddy on Switch?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I'm still slowly playing through Zelda and I had it since launch.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Besides Stardew Valley...I wouldn't mind a Castle Crashers port. :pray:

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Finally ordered a pro controller from Amazon. Waited until my credit card cash back gave me an amazon gift card cause holy gently caress with taxes it's CAD $101.65 :canada:

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I need Stardew Valley to come out so I can sleep.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Pro controller first charge is 6 hrs or is that if it's completely dead? It kinda feels like a dreamcast controller crossed with 360.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Dyz posted:

I want a dark and edgy Mario. Just to see what it's like.
They made a movie and it was crap.

• Locked thread