Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

ImpAtom posted:

You can pet the cat and also go to the movies with the cat.

Watch videos with the cat.

Exercise with the cat.

Be humiliated by the cat

This will be a good game. I am going to party with the cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

is this game gonna b good & cool for someone that nevr played any other persona game before? is there an easy way to play older persona games without buying a ps3???

Also worth noting, if you didn't already know, there are no real story connections between the games (excepting the first and second halves of 2), so you won't be missing important story details.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I just want the P3 costume DLC, was that ever released outside of the original Japanese collectors edition for download?

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

If you play the PSP version of P3, play the female route. It's better in basically every way apart from them adding in the ability to date Ken for some incomprehensible reason.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

...Or Mara.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Super No Vacancy posted:

send like 5 japanese college students on a year abroad to cambridge or some poo poo for persona 6. japan loves anime britain

If we were going directly for the Japanese heart, Paris is the right answer.

But I guess P5 already hits that indirectly.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Endorph posted:

i think you guys all just want shadow hearts but with social links

Is that such a crime?

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Sakurazuka posted:

Haha, yeah. :smith:

At least it's in stock unlike Amazon!

Yeah, I can't hate ShopTo. I managed to order a Take Your Heart edition at RRP yesterday. Amazon have been out of stock for weeks and the secondary market prices are already insane.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Endorph posted:

my copy hasn't shipped because i didn't preorder it

A bold move!

More seriously, I felt perfectly fine pre-ordering this, because so many people have already been saying that the JP version is great that it wasn't really a risk.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Rookoo posted:

A friend got the game a few days ago and tells me the cat frequently sends you to bed. Whether this is predicated on you being a bad boy, he didn't say.

My MC shall ignore the cat and party until the early hours.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

And Berseria. I've been told that one's really good too. My backlog from the past 3 months will probably take until next year to clear at this rate... At least there aren't any good looking JRPGs coming out in the back half of this year that I can think of.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Announcing in June for a WW release in September/October isn't a feat that many games manage to pull off. That said, I continue to live in hope that Thirteen Sentinels hasn't been killed by Vanillaware and will find some way to release this year.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Have they said a single thing about 13 Sentinels since it was announced because whenever I look into it, all that ever comes back is the announce trailer?

Not a thing. I suspect it's been quietly killed.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Ineffiable posted:

I think it might be safe to say that 2017 might be ps4's strongest year. Especially for exclusives.

I don't think that's even a question. None of the previous entire years have been as good as this three month period (in terms of the kind of games I enjoy, anyway).

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Saint Freak posted:

That's metric megabytes not real ones.

Don't worry. With Brexit, we'll soon return to the Queen's Imperial megabytes. :britain:

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

My steelbook just arrived. This is my first time getting in on one of these games from the start.

Yeah, my copy just arrived too! Except I accidentally ordered it to my parents house, so I shall have to wait till next week to Steal Hearts.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

everyone knows that when it's a female teacher it's cool and not when it's a dude one.

Kenji agrees.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Jimbot posted:

Also remember, King Moron didn't actually say he was going to check the girls to see if they were pure. That was Jeff Gerstmann doing an impression of him as a joke. It was uncanny, I know, but don't confuse a joke by a commentator with actual dialogue, now.

gently caress. I've played the game 4 times and I could have sworn he said that. The Endurance Run broke me.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Oxxidation posted:

I'm being really considerate with my S- Link progression because the minor antagonists introduced in the latter half of some Links are some of the most vile people in the whole game and it would drive me crazy to leave them without a comeuppance. Special mention to what goes down in Kawakami's, holy poo poo.

Kawakami's entire link is great, and with the set up it gets, I was absolutely not expecting it.

On the topic of maids, I just want to give a shout out to the dumb joke in the maid cafe where the maid fails to write "The impermanence of all worldly goods" on an omelette in ketchup. Top work there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

FractalSandwich posted:

also, get a load of proto-Mishima and his douchey fuckin' fedora

Mishima would absolutely be the kind of person to wear a fedora.