Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Arist posted:

Lol there's already review copies of this game out in the wild, they really overestimated the amount of time they'd need huh

Atlus has very recently had a policy of "give reviewers a fuckload of time to review this poo poo". They mentioned it on Reddit a while back that they were planning on giving out review copies for Apocalypse a month in advance and I'm not surprised it's happened here as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Arist posted:

There are no Persona games available on the PS3 except like, the PS1 version of 2. However, all of them are available on the Vita or PSTV.

If you like RPGs you'll probably like this one.

You can get fes and p4 vanilla on the ps3

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

That guy preordered on the 7th and he got his today.

I preordered on JUNE 7th and I still don't have mine

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Multipliers on enemy hp and damage mostly.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I wasn't going to buy this game if it was English audio only and literally every snippet shown of the English dub justifies that stance.

Lol

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The book of being right about everything ever aka my autobiography :thumbsup:

Seriously though, the dub has been garbage so far.

sick post/av combo right here from this totally expert opinion haver, +1, smash that like button, sayin what we're all thinkin amirite fellas

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

yeah, that's quite the meltdown i had there rofl

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Supremezero posted:

Is Dagda his normal voice?

Can Dagda please be his normal voice?

only in my wildest dreams

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

I honestly didn't care much for the bag but after seeing the material on the inside actually looking like the ingame styling that got me kinda into it. probably just gonna keep it as a decoration and never actually use it but still, that's a cool little attention to detail that they didn't have to do.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

nachos posted:

How am I ever going to find time for this poo poo with nier, zelda, and mass effect

skip mass effect because it sucks poo poo, solved your problem

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
P4 in a vacuum is better than P3. P5, both inside and out of the vacuum is better than both P4 and P3 combined. However with all the spinoff stuff we've gotten over the last 8 years its hard not to grow to resent the P4 cast. If you ignore the 8 years of spin offs we've gotten as well as 8 years of discussion about the game it's hard to not grow tired of a cast the way we have with the P4 cast. I think P5 will be a refreshing installment in the series and afterwards I'll probably go back through and play P3 and P4 again to appreciate both of them for what they've done to make P5 what it is

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Sao was OK for the most part, it got really creepy with the marriage and e-child thing, the ending to the first arc was kinda cool tho. And then it kept going and then that's when it gets really really awful

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Dryzen posted:

Baal is going to own me and cancel my preorder gently caress you Baal

He just doesn't want you to play the bad game that is p5

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Pretty lovely that tyh edition isn't coming with that controller skin

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Chas McGill posted:

Hmm, the PS3 version does look less crisp but I dunno if I'd notice that much while playing. Man I wish it'd come out on PC.

I'm not sure if that's a problem with the PS3 version as it is capturing from a PS3 because of the HDCP situation on the console

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

tithin posted:

Is purse owner 5 out yet

2 weeks and 1 day

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
It's me, I'm the problem, I'm the guy that's gonna buy all of these

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Captain Baal posted:

The music is attached to the outfits, you cannot be in your thief clothes and have mass destruction, I'm sorry to say.

what if I have people in different costumes? like Morgana in the Raidou set, Anne in the P4 set, etc. Will it randomize the music or will I only get the additional music if everyone is in the matching costume?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Baal emptyquote this into the op tia

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Captain Baal posted:

well? i'm waiting

sorry, one name request per op post

there's two op posts, put me in the one without erg in it

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress you amazon ship my poo poo!!!!

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

If mine gets here even an hour later than it should there will be riots

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
any of you loving shitlers who pre-ordered past June 7th who are getting the game early can get the hell out of this god drat thread

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
"streaming or showing gameplay past 7/7 may result in you getting a copyright strike"
Yeah, good luck with that

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

secret volcano lair posted:

I mean would you actually care if I posted some?

https://twitter.com/BlackDragonHunt/status/849170020202688512

There's plenty more like this going around. Where the sentences are not flat out wrong on a grammatical level, they tend to be really stiff and in serious need of a decent editor

Id say without context the only one that sounds reasonably bad is the second one. Like I can imagine contextual reasons as to why the other 3 lines exist even if they're not what should be probably be used as the wording there but calling it outright gibberish and saying its a poo poo script using singular out of context lines is just begging for people to jump on you and call you a retard.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

secret volcano lair posted:

You honestly think "It's true that what he did were deplorable crimes from... indulging his desire." is a coherent sentence?

well, okay then

yes, because it is. but this

Heath posted:

Just encountered this in my own game:

I'm sure someone posted this on twitter someplace so it's entirely invalid, because I certainly read every tweet about this game

is loving clown shoes

Oxxidation posted:

If anything most of cludgy parts are because the grammar is too good. The syntax is all proper and lines up well enough but not in a way that resembles natural speech.

I'd say this is my biggest issue so far. There's been a few lines that sound like they're coming from an alien or someone wording everything out with the 8 letter variation of a 4 letter word.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Captain Baal posted:

Anyways most of the dialogue seems fine, but there's some jank in there in places. It's not a big deal but they could've had some people do a once over, but I haven't cringed at anything in particular except that fan tl that got posted pages back.

drat baal, back at it again with the compliments to the bad game persona 5

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
i prefer comedy baal

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Heath posted:

TBH I haven't seen anybody in this thread express anything other than mild disappointment at the translation, but the people taking pains to call out all of the "hyperbole" and "rushing into the thread to poo poo it up" types that seem to be really angry at people on Twitter are giving me a much worse impression of the game than any of the screenshots have

I mean I feel like the only reason that dog piling is happening is because certain indviduals are parroting the same 4 or 5 lines and going "LOOK AT THIS DOGSHIT TRANSLATION YOU loving IDIOTS" and then playing the pissbaby when people make fun of them. If you were to go "what's happening in this line here" or maybe make a joke about it or something people would probably be more open to discussion about questionable translation choices (suckamoto) but you've got people in here just trying to poo poo on the game and ruin it for other people that yeah, people are just gonna tell em to gently caress off

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I got loving beaned on hard yesterday. I got to the part of the first dungeon where you learn about seeing enemy levels, and then immediately bumped into the enemy that's supposed to be your way of learning "this is what a stronger enemy will look like" and he one shot my entire party with 4 back to back crits

Serves me right for playing on hard

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

We
Are
Not
Worthy

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Also I just started mementos l and I'm in the rare group that loves everything about it. Even the music that loops forever. Cruisin' in the cat van crashin in to shadows is great

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Captain Baal posted:

I also enjoy ur av, LuiCypher.

Yours is an 11/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy