Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

As much as I wish this game had come out like last year, or even on Valentine's Day like it was supposed to have, I'm really glad it's finally coming to the US in under a month. I might be done with Zelda by then. I hope I'm not too old and jaded now to love it as much as I did Persona 3 and 4.

I'm also glad I haven't read/seen a thing about it. I didn't even read the OP. gently caress the OP. (I did catch a peek at that VERY RED map, though... I dunno about that... I've got a pretty big TV.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Hnnnngh my friend got this poo poo two weeks early and he finally spilled the beans where his hookup is... if I didn't have the steelbook preordered with 20% off and a quantum physics test next week to study for, I'd be playing this poo poo in like an hour.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Relin posted:

this loving onigairii is oshay sepai

There's a hibachi place here called "Oyishi," like all of their signage says Oyishi. The Japanese word for delicious is spelled oishii.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Speaking of that, what the hell does FES mean?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Hace posted:

please dont give square credit for any kind of localization and thank my good friends at 8-4

8-4 are very good at their jobs

Oh, did 8-4 translate the new Nier? Aight, I'll go buy that before it goes on deep sale. Those dudes and girl(s?) are cool.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

There's a mom and pop shop here that started selling this game like two weeks ago. The only thing that really stopped me was a quantum physics exam today. I would've completely bombed it instead of just probably doing lovely on it.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Jove posted:

holy gently caress tokyo ain't fuckin inaba jesus

I hope it's not too much for me having just played Yakuza 0. I really appreciated how much detail they put into the cityscape and probably overexposed myself. That sounds poorly worded talking about a game that has jack off booths.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Alder posted:

Does the font improve or you just get used to it over time?

Also is there any setting that isn't "bar" I'm getting Catherine flashbacks. I mean the screenshots on the last page even appear to have the Catherine dude in them

Moltrey posted:

my best buy order is still Processing so im shook fellas i think the game got canceled

Mine too, but I did in store pickup. Best Buy's usually good about games. I've bought games there exclusively for like the past 4 years and they never missed release date (for in store, anyway.)

enojy fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Apr 3, 2017

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Can't unsee it now, that character's hosed for me

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Endorph posted:

teenagers being nothing but angry and depressed is way better and more relatable writing than p3/p4, tbh

This sounds absolutely awful. I hope this isn't all the game is.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I have notifications off and I still get one when a trophy screen grab tries to happen. LAME!

Game is fun so far though. Do kind of wish it asked me to save between school > dungeon crawl at least at the super early point, 'cos I have to go do things and ended up losing 10 to 15 mins of cutscene progress.

If the Fast Forward thing works well though, it's not a big deal.

There's an option toggle buried somewhere in PS4 settings to disable screenshots for trophies (if that's not what you meant by notifications.)

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Man simply moving around and interacting with things in this game is more frustrating than maybe any third person game I've ever played

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Infinity Gaia posted:

gently caress you cat stop telling me how to live my life goddammit

I'm not quite to that point yet but as someone who gladly lets his cat boss him around the house 24/7 I can't wait

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I feel like all the name mispronunciation is going to become a plot element or something, I mean I can understand voice actors unfamiliar with Japanese pronunciation putting emphasis on particular syllables when there shouldn't be any, but how do you mispronounce "Ann" as "on"

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Pollyanna posted:

Because her name is あん. Also, the pronunciation of "Sakamoto" is technically correct: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_pitch_accent

Honestly, I'm kinda torn on whether this is acceptable, or not a good idea. On the one hand, it's confusing to non-Japanese speakers. On the other hand, technical correctness v:shobon:v

Oh alright, I didn't even know this was a thing. I took Japanese 101 as my required foreign language credit in college and that's it; they basically told us "no emphasis on syllables ever" and I just figured that went for all of Japan. That makes the weird name pronunciation more tolerable.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I'm playing on Hard -- do you get way less exp on Hard or is it normal to only be getting like 6 exp per fight on the first floors of the main dungeon? Also, do you get less exp (or are there otherwise any penalties) for Holding Up enemies and blackmailing them into retreating instead of killing them?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Ineffable posted:

I've very nearly decided to buy a PS3 to play this game, but apparently just about everywhere in the UK is out of stock - some online shops even seem to be removing the PS3 version entirely. Can any UK goons confirm that a downloadable version is available on the PS3? Apologies for my ignorance, but I don't want to go hog wild and buy a new console if I'm being completely stupid and won't actually be able to play Persona.

How much more is a used PS4? Seems kinda strange to buy a PS3 in 2017, unless you play very few games. On the other hand, I think online was free for PS3 games. P5 has some minor online mechanic that may or may not require PS+ on PS4.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Eh screw hard difficulty in this game. You do indeed get like maybe 1/3 the exp, combined with doing less damage and taking more, it just feels like too much. I can't even imagine that next higher difficulty being possible without an immense amount of grinding from the very start.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Ross Perowned posted:

I got this in the mail today, I'm in a FOMO lock between going to this or attending a seminar I had planned tonight: Success Morel Mushroom Hunting with Tersher Kepler.

What the gently caress is... mushroom... Tersher? Just play this pretty great game.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Zore posted:

Not quite true. You only get EXP for the one you negotiated with if you negotiate, but if you kill the rest and negotiate the last one you get the same EXP.

poo poo, so this is why I kept getting hosed up exp going through the first palace. Like I'd fight 4 enemies and extort one for yen and get 6 exp. I'm just going to kill everything I already have in my compendium from now on, gently caress it.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Endorph posted:

there's a newgame+ but the only content exclusive to it is a single boss and a few dialogue choices that you can't possibly have the stats for at the point they appear.

I've given in to the fact that I'll simply be playing through this game twice to do everything I want to do with it. I always get hung up in Persona games because it drives me nuts how little you can accomplish in any given day, especially with the frequency the game steals entire chunks of time from you for story purposes.

For anyone curious, you retain PC stats (knowledge, kindness, etc.) and money, but not confidant levels (skills stay) and not Persona masks (compendium stays.) So basically, I'm screwing myself out of most s-links on the first playthrough in favor of PC stat growth, so it's all maxed out for NG+.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Hnnnngh Becky... I was honestly getting kinda bored with this game until Becky, now I'm all in. It's not the maid thing but I'm definitely hot for teacher :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Alder posted:

How do you watch DVDs with the tv? I just sit down by the couch.

Like this:

(My cat sits like that :allears:)

(If you asking how it's done, you rent a DVD and interact with the TV in your room, bought from the old pawn shop guy outside of LeBlanc.)