Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Shadow of Mordor was 2014s latest romp through Tolkiens universe, taking a different approach and showing us the inner workings of Mordor and the ork forces/hierarchy. It basically was Arkhams Batman in LoTR, down to having the same combat system, but with a deeper emphasis on stealth, assassination and infiltration and with some new tricks to make it stand out. This 2017 sequel so far promises to be more of the same, only deeper and more polished.

The games main selling point for many will most likely be the Nemesis system. The Nemesis system is a dynamic RNG kinda thing that generates orks with unique appearances, skills and backstory based on your interaction with them in the world. Kill some random ork on the field and some time later he might reappear with a grudge as a miniboss type enemy. Kill him again and maybe he even cheats death again and comes back as GORBAG THE PUS-EATER and only communicates in labored breathing and maniacal laughter.

Shadow of War has refined the Nemesis system to now include dynamic allies with important skills, dynamic set piece boss battles and dynamic sieges of Mordors various castles. It has also expanded the nemesis system to include friendly uruks that remembers how you treat them and can both save and betray you accordingly.

:siren:The July 17th update :siren:
The July 17th update brings with it a whole host of changes. Most notably the shortening of the Shadow Wars, new Legendary gear (from the Shadow Wars), the removal of the in-game store and microtransactions and an increased chance for captains to cheat death in the endgame.
For a more comprehensive list of changes, either watch this video or click the link below it for the patch changelog. Don't do it if you haven't played the game tho, as there are spoilers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ly4iPsE0mgg
https://community.wbgames.com/t5/Official-Announcements/Middle-earth-Shadow-of-War-Patch-14-July-17-2018/td-p/1882311

The Blade of Galadriel story DLC is out in the US and out tomorrow in the EU when i'm writing this. It is a standalone story/map much like the DLC for the previous game, but we do get some improvements to the core game as well:

Nemesis System Enhancements – Orc Captains (whether friends or foes) can exhibit new traits and behaviors, adding further depth to combat encounters and player interactions, such as:
Tunnel Rat – Orcs can burrow into the ground and summon Ghûls.
Sniper Shot – Archers can fire from great distances with pinpoint accuracy.
Tremor – Ologs can pound the earth with tremendous force, staggering nearby threats and heavily damaging structures.
Gifts of Treasure – Followers can now bring players the gift of a Treasure Orc, providing even more ways to earn Gems and Mirian.
Photo Mode Upgrades – New filters, frames and styles, along with adjustable expressions and added stickers, giving players more options for customizing in-game action shots.
Player Skins – Choose to appear as Talion or Eltariel in the main story campaign.
Training Orders Update – Players can now upgrade their Orc Followers with Training Orders while in the Garrison, saving time and offering more flexibility in deployment.
Player Stats Page – New menu for players to track a variety of in-game statistics, including the number and type of enemy kills, dominations and betrayals; fortresses conquered and defended; gear pieces collected and upgraded; and many more.
Field of View Options – More ways for players to customize the user interface and scale their field of view.
Dark Talion will get actual new voice clips to replace the missing SUFFER ME NOW. (!)

Removed in the July 17th update! And there was much rejoicing.

Cirofren posted:

Game is good, and nice and tough on nemesis. I have one Orc, Maug, who I need to sort out some tactics for before I take on again, he has these things he throws that I can't even see and explode into a fine white mist taking a quarter of my health with them, and if he gets the final blow there's no last chance. Instead of the button prompt it even shows some text saying I don't get a chance and he pulls out a special hook knife to gut me with.

So I'm avoiding him and trying to find some Orcs lower than my level to recruit. I get a mystic then decide to go a Captain v. Captain quest.

These two captains are going at it, I jump in, summon the mystic, and immediately this huge Orog captain appears calling me a coward, he grabs my new mystic buddy in one hand and slams him to the ground, where he lays bleeding to death for the rest of the fight. RIP my first recruit.

I kill one captain, shame another, and as I'm about to start working on the Orog captain loving Maug the rear end in a top hat shows up. Turns out the first guy was his blood brother. He's Maug the avenger now, Warcheif.

MadDogMike posted:

Only had uruks coming back from the dead twice, but I swear the game had a perfect sense of who to pick for it. First resurrecting captain I got was the very first one I downed; he pops back up with the title "the Survivor" and proceeds to merely harass me through several defeats. Second one was my bodyguard who decided to betray me in the middle of my trying to down an enemy captain inside a fortress. As I had spent some time and effort leveling him this was rather unfortunate, though I managed to kill him then. But sure enough he pops up several more times, each time ranting about how I sucked as a boss. Nemesis system is simply AMAZING this time around. Though I wish it hadn't sent an olog with 5-6 levels on me and the trait for massive hit points and an immunity to fire and poison, I'm not sure how in hell to bring him down before he adapts to whatever I use.

Sindai posted:

My first recruit and long time bodyguard olog in Seregost suddenly betrayed and murdered me tonight, I guess because I'd swapped bodyguards. :smith:

So I did the only reasonable thing: I hunted him down and shamed him until he went deranged and lost iron will, then tracked him to that little cave in Seregost where deranged/shamed captains go to cry, and recruited him again. Then I threw him into the champion fighting pit against someone with 10 levels on him, whereupon he reminded me of why I liked him so much by enraging and crushing the poor guy almost instantly. First time I've won the a champion level arena fight.

I forgive you, buddy. :unsmith:

The cool thing about this game is that when I first started it up tonight I planned on polishing off some story missions, and instead I spent a good hour or so managing my personal relationships with orcs.

Untrustable posted:

Yesterday I found an orc that had a face on the side of his face. A little tiny second face. He was called Dush The Twin or something. He wrecked my poo poo and then humiliated me and left. I quit out for the night but his rear end, and by extension his tiny second face's rear end, is mine tomorrow.

Karanas posted:

Hear Ye Hear ye. Gather 'round to hear the tale of Ghura the Branded. So once upon a time I was wondering: what's up with those pale, almost naked orcs with a brand on the forehead? For the hell of it I let myself be killed by one and lo and behold, turns out they're slave. This particular slave's name was Ghura and he psyced as hell that no one would ever spit on him again. "Cool" I thought, I'm gonna turn him and make him my bodyguard. Unfortunatly he takes the first opportunity to betray me, that is when I call on him when I'm already fighting two captains. I slip up and he makes the killing blow, making him epic, the ungrateful bastard.

But then he challenges Cirith Ungol's Overlord and replaces him. You go buddy, now no one can ever look down on you:unsmith:. But now my nightmare begins.

I don't know how, but he suddenly gains 10 levels on me with no weaknesses and enrages to pretty drat much everything. I try again and again to kill him but he beats me down in two or three hits each time and levels up everytime he kills me. (Playing on nemesis with no counter marker btw). Until one blessed moment I remember to bring my bodyguard for added support. I finally kill him, get a nifty cloak and gain Cirith Ungol. Farewell Ghura, we hardly knew ye.

Of course once I reach Seregoth it turns out about 15 min later that he cheated death and is now legendary. He promptly kills my rear end and of course goes on to kill Seregoth's overlord because he's a total pussy compared to him. So now I have a lv55 legendary poisonous overlord to deal with when I'm only 40. He kills me in literally one hit and he has , without a doubt, the most kills on me than any other orcs in my playthrough and I don't know what to doooooooo:cry:.

All this because I got curious about orc slaves.

BurntCornMuffin posted:

I started a run on Nemesis difficulty yesterday, and Act I has been a bit crazy so far.

The second captain I killed was some unremarkable Tracker named Bolg that I cleaved, only for him to ambush me as "Bolg the Machine", having been mostly grafted with orcish robot bits, and deciding that orc cyborgs are the future and that flesh must be purged. Including mine. Since I was in another tough fight at he time, it ends poorly.

During the Nemesis mission, after like a 30 minute fight (complete with him getting up the first time I knock him out), he says some line about "You can kill flesh, but you can't kill the machine!!!" before I cleave him again.

He has since been on my rear end like a Terminator all through Minas Ithyll, having ambushed me at least five times, saying that every time I cut him it only purifies him of his inferior flesh. He has been stabbed, cleaved, dismembered, shot in the head and burned multiple times to date, only to come back stronger each time. He has super strength, a rapid-fire bow, liberally sprinkles traps everywhere, draws other orcs towards me, and being a tracker, he can track me down anywhere so fighting him has been very much a cat and mouse game. Since this is the beginning of the game, access to poison (his one weakness) has been a little lacking, so I couldn't really capitalize on it. I fully expect him to be waiting for me once I return from the first Shelob consultation.

I loving love this game.

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

I got this game in the sale, and I've already got a STORY.

In Gorgoroth, there was an Olog called Ar-Henok the Guardian, and he was the captain for a warchief I don't remember. Ar-Henok was very big, and had a kickass hat made out of bones. I wanted him for my army, but there was one problem: Iron Will

I beat him, and shamed him. This did not break his will, but it certainly affected him. He ambushed me so frequently that I could basically guarantee him showing up in the middle of any big fight. Every time he did that, I shamed him but it didn't break his will. Eventually, he was lvl1 and I went after his warchief. In the fight, the other captains went rogue and killed their boss, and cut off Ar-Henok's head while the Gravewalker watched from a nearby rooftop. Ar-Henok got set on fire then 1-shot and went down like a chump. For a moment I was sad at losing out on an olog with a cool hat, but then I moved on.

A couple of hours later, a familiar face ambushes me. I say familiar, but Ar-Henok's face is hosed up. Half of it is a ragged mess of burns, and it appears he's stitched his own head back on. He's lost his hat, but he hasn't lost his iron will. Despite his loss of a hat, he'd proven to me that he had what it took to be in the bright lord's army, so I shamed him to try and break him.

This was apparently one shame too many. Ar-Henok the Stitch is now hatless, lvl49, and communicates only via high-pitched screams. He loves to ambush, but now I cannot deal with him. He has no major weaknesses, he's enraged by everything (not "enraged by everything" the stat, like he's enraged by five different common individual things and he will rage every single fight) and he can down Talion in a single hit. I'll be Gravewalkin' along minding my own business, and Ar-Henok the Stitch will come screaming out of the bushes and utterly destroy me. He's killed three bodyguards and shows no sign of stopping. He still has his iron will and hopefully he's on his way to acquiring a new hat. He's a train made out of flesh, catgut and screams. He puts every other orc utterly to shame and I made him.

This game surprisingly has a bit of (optional) ranked and unranked online gameplay to it. It functions a lot like FOBs from Metal Gear 5:

You set up a online fortress complete with uruks of your choice and people siege it or you siege other players fortresses.
If you are the defender you lose nothing if your fortress fails to defend itself, you also cannot be there yourself to defend it. There is no PvP.
If you are the attacker you can still lose the uruks you bring to the fight just as if it was regular gameplay.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/178416861 for those that want to check out some goon fortresses, you will have to add people to your friendslist to be able to lay siege to their fortresses in UNRANKED online play.

We also have this:

Vendettas also make a return, beefier than ever! If someone on your friends list die to a captain, you may get a vendetta mission to go and take revenge on behalf of your friend. These are no longer quite as simple as in SoM, but can now be much more intricate. But i'll leave you to discover that yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLnBUI3ysDk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-O0Aw6WXko
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ7aLU6rHLk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIcKv1YCO3M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvmM5V_-M2s

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Aug 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Jenny Agutter posted:

It's cool that the orc says he's normally the forgiving type and from the first game I know that's a character trait he can actually have

Haha, that's true, i missed that.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I just got one random dude who managed to kill me once and had popped up a couple of times so I walked up and chopped his head off. The second half of the game was a bit too easy to make the nemesis thing memorable.

This was my main gripe with the original also. If you were at all experienced with Arkham combat it was very difficult to actually die and as such the game never seemed to generate any good nemesi for me, player dying was a integral part of that i guess.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Zaodai posted:

I hate when your reward for preordering is invalidating the first half of the game because your packed in DLC is that your humble peasant farmer has now inherited the ANCESTRAL SHOTGUN OF POWER.

Yes, this, vehemently agree. The power bonuses in this pre-order are a sword and some champions. The sword you can just neglect to equip probably and if the control system is like in the original you can maybe summon the champions and explode their heads with the power of ghost anime.

Nothing is known about the story DLC yet and probably not for a long time.

IMHO there is zero reason to pre-order this title. Non RNG champions without your own backstory will be boring, the sword will be replaced and story DLC is extremely far away. And given how the DLC for the original was they might be p bad and something that would be best to wait for a sale to pick up.

Edit: Unrelated, i gotta say i'm really excited to learn more about necromancy and how it will play out in the game. It's a aspect of Tolkiens universe that seems p important, but has rarely been touched upon in the movies/games. I hope the forts take on the appearance of the warlord you put in charge of it and you get these super gross ghost zombie forts to visit.

Edit2: ↓↓↓ yeah, cosmetic stuff would be cool tho

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Mar 9, 2017

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
https://twitter.com/shadowofwargame/status/839871663248334848

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Do you guys think that it should say in the thread title that its a sequel to Shadow of Mordor? The name of the game doesn't really lead you to believe that, but otoh i'm not sure it really matters. People probably hear about the game first and THEN go looking for the thread.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Also they revealed there will be difficulty modes in an interview (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EkwyTlXY_U).

Hell yes.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
If my understanding of timezones is correct (it should be the same time at the same time all over the world imho), the first Shadow of War livestream starts in about 30 minutes over at: https://www.twitch.tv/monolithlive

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Stream had a buttload of information, was pleasantly surprised at how long it went on, but there was nothing really super major.

If you missed it you can watch the VOD here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/127773772
They went through the trailers and talked about them followed by ca 1 hour or so of QA.

Things i cared about enough to remember:

Difficulty settings - easy, normal, hard
Seem to have taken to heart the criticism of small maps from the original and have made much larger and plentiful maps
Talion will grow out his beard again

Also there was something about getting special "tribes" of orks from the Gold Edition of the game? But no real info on what a tribe is and what the exclusive gold edition ones are like.

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Mar 11, 2017

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Omnicarus posted:

My theory is that Talion is who eventually becomes The Mouth of Sauron, and this is all plot by Sauron to unite the Orcs under him so that when he returns he doesn't have to go around lopping off chieftain heads himself.

Haha, yes! That would be really funny, the ending cinematic just being Aragorn unceremoniously lopping off your head.

Edit: Was more of a joke, but i wouldn't mind the character going in that direction really. Maybe get a third game where we truly go dark side and then die/horribly break canon at the end. The Mouth of Sauron as he was in the movies is a really cool character. I can't imagine the devs taking the game this direction tho :P

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Mar 12, 2017

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Do we know what "tribes" are yet to the game? The "Silver Edition" says that you get the Slaughter Tribe Nemesis Expansion
and the Outlaw Tribe Nemesis Expansion for buying it, but lol god drat, what is a tribe? A "nemesis tribe expansion"?

Edit: Apparently it has to do with personalities, appearance and combat styles of the orks. So it unlocks more options for the nemesis system. Welp, guess i'm getting the silver edition when the time comes.

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Mar 13, 2017

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Actually it says exactly what it is on the steam store page, idk if it always did and i'm blind, but here it is from the horses mouth:

quote:

Nemesis Expansions include a new Orc Tribe featuring new enemies, followers, missions, abilities, weapons, Fortress and wilderness updates, and a Mythic Gear Set.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Spikeguy posted:

I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it to go with silver or gold edition of the game, but I'm honestly having trouble figuring out the difference on the steam page. Anyone know more, or does more information have to come out first before we know more?

The difference is the two story DLC with the gold edition and whatever is in the "Gold War Chest". Just wait imo until we know more about the story DLC, the story DLC for the original wasn't very good.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
If it's cosmetics i might have a problem, i'm insane about dress up :piaa:

But if it's direct cash to power i'll never touch it, i want this game to be as hard as possible.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
The Facebook page posted a screenshot from the game or maybe its just artwork, and aside from looking very pretty i see that there is a ork strung up at the top of the middle spire.

Man, imagine if that was your favorite ork pal or whatever from more nemesis system fuckery. Probably just scenery, but it would be rad.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Annoying that 99% of the questions they pick are answered with "can't answer that", "hohoho well YOU WILL SEE" and "soon.". These streams are kinda dumb to have so early in development, cause they can't answer anything and don't have anything new to show :v:

But nice that they are engaging with the community tho.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
What do you guys that are replaying the original think about the nemesis system there in retrospect? I'm replaying too and i just can't get the nemesis system to actually do anything cool for me, nobody coming back to life, getting burned or maimed. Hope they beef it up like gently caress for SoW, it seems like they are tho.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
I think a big part of the nemesis system not working too well for me in the original is the fact that i have the attention span of a retarded babby. I just can't remember my interactions with the orks :v:

I think that might be better in this one tho, the ork names are less word salad and you seem to do a lot of varied things with them. Honestly i would be real happy if there was a little blurb like "this is your history with this ork: you poisoned his grog at his own feast and then threw him off a cliff".

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Are you forgetting the mighty Dush?

I like Uggü better, something very satisfying about hearing a gabble of orks going "Ugguuu, ugguuuuu, ugguuu~".

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Dapper_Swindler posted:

once you get to a ceirten level. dudes stop coming back. once and while one will but most stay dead.

Do you have a source for that? It sounds counter intuitive, the game should be getting harder the further you go in it, but it would also explain everything about why i have never gotten anyone to return.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Read in a very thorough reddit thread that "I've also noticed recently that the more Captains you face/kill, the trigger will stop working. Even if all other Captains you killed lost their heads. I did this with a Graug. Ate a lot, tried the trigger and the Captain did not come back."

So that may be why either successful or high level players didn't get much mileage out of the nemesis system in the original. Hope its not like that in this one D:

Here is the thread for anyone interested: https://www.reddit.com/r/shadowofmordor/comments/4rni0w/updated_captain_injury_and_causes_list_how_to/

edit: turns out the dude has a autismally thorough youtube channel dedicated to all things SoM and SoW and how the nemesis system works, some pretty cool vids in there including this one all about getting Ratbag back alive:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MSwkVJ-7Ks

might be a nice channel to follow in the months to come

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Mar 24, 2017

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
They are gonna do the SoM speed challenge on stream today, which may be fun cause i think they will fail spectacularly :D
But i would be very surprised if they actually had something new in regards to this game to talk about/show off.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
I don't think it's branding anymore, obv we don't know for sure at this stage. But seeing as uruks regain their personality, can speak to Talion and even have the ability to betray him if they don't agree with him. I think we're not talking mindcontrol anymore, but at worst some kinda ring influenced manipulation. So i would be surprised if you branded humans SoM style and had them walking around as zombies without any kind of thought of their own.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
I have a tiny minuscule faint glimmer of hope that we get to see Boromir now that we are moving closer to Gondor, it's so unlikely, but i would be so happy.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
We are at around the Hobbit timeline in this game? I missed that. Well, maybe we can drive Denethor mad then :mrgw:

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Has to be some time after The Hobbit in any case, since Gollum had already made it to Mordor looking for the ring in the first one.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Zore posted:

In the books the timeline for that is really weird and hosed up too. After Gollum encounters Bilbo it takes him 30 years to get to Mordor where he skulks around for another 30 before finally being caught and tortured by Sauron's forces.

Yeah, i've always been confused about that part of the lore. At least it gives this series of games a lot of leeway to do what they want.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Any word on whether or not there are any bonuses for having a save file for Mordor?

Nothing yet afaik.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Stream going on now and they said that they have heard that we are tried of hearing "can't talk about that" and now there "MAY BE questions asked in the past that WE CAN NOW ANSWER", lmao as if :v:
First question answered with "we can't answer that yet" :ironicat:

I do enjoy the streams tho, cause they are kinda chill, but they are still p dumb.

edit: actually no, this is terrible, except for when the guy that's always there almost said "heil hitler" when reading out the chat

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Mar 31, 2017

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Something i've never seen before happened in SoM just now, normal uruks so paranoid about brands that they attacked and killed each other. None of them were branded tho :tinfoil:

Can't wait for late August.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Sindai posted:

Was it part of an event or just something that happened in the open world? I never saw that either.

It just happened in the world. I was flailing around and i heard a uruk accusing another of being branded, then they attacked and killed each other while a crowd (+me) watched. It might be related to me being branding like insane in this game, none of these were branded tho.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Orv posted:

Hi I'm Orv, I get hyped so you don't have to.

Interesting things from last stream;

Online fortress sharing and attacking/defending. Probably not direct PvP mode, probably asymmetric.

Remember when I said they probably wouldn't do any save game carryover? Yeaaaaaaaah they are.

What are they carrying over did they say?

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
I think i'll opt out of stuff from SoM carrying over if i can, i failed to generate any meaningful captains and i don't want any power increases that might make the game easier. Now if there is some cosmetic stuff however :mrgw:

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Orv posted:

Surprise, the SoM save game goody is Ratbags rotting corpse as decoration in your fortresses!

Perfect.

edit: would also accepted a huge pile of all the heads i chopped off in SoM

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Lots of rad new things there and lots of rough edges still.

Talion isn't actually allowed any closer to Gondor than the Black Gate isn't he? On account of murdering that noble. Wonder if that's gonna be a minor plot point, like Talion trying to warn against early Mordor aggression, but the nobles telling him to suck a fat one.

edit: oh that was open world? (they said at the end) it looked like a very scripted mission at first.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Lol, i tried to wiki it, but it's horribly convoluted. As far as i can tell Minas Ithil fell multiple times, the last time being in 2002 of the Third Age. Frodo leaves the Shire with the ring in 3001 of the Third age. It might all be a flashback to one of Celebrimbors memories? As Minas Ithil apparently becomes Minas Morgul and we know that TOO is a large part of the game.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
I like that change too. It was fun for a while to go "HAHHAAAAA I KNOW YOUR SECRETS" as i had a karagor eat MURDUUK THE WHITE or whatever, but i would rather have a real fight.

Edit: I hope there are less "i win" tactics too this time around, like Wraith Stun spam and hit captain 5 times, ground stab, unlock finishers combo, use finisher, repeat.

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Apr 11, 2017

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

ninjahedgehog posted:

*in the ugly-rear end default costume, anyway, which I used for all of about three seconds before turning on the Dark Ranger duds

Did you get captains returning from the dead with this skin on? Earlier ITT and the original SoM thread for that matter i lamented about never seeing captains come back from the dead, and i ALWAYS played with that skin on. Then when i went back to the default skin on my like 100hours+ 100% save that has never seen someone come back from the dead (i think) they started coming back like mad for a while.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
I guess they are skipping about 1000 years then in favor of making a more fluid story re: Minas Ithils --> Minas Morgul and the folly of man. I'm okay with that, it sounds like a cool story to tell.

Man, i hope they nail this game. I just want deeper Nemesis system and a much bigger and vibrant world and i will be happy.

edit: i also want Talions sprinting animation to not look like he shat himself like it does in these pre-launch vids

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Apr 12, 2017

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
My guess is that they will walk through the two new trailers like they did with the last one, but drat, would be nice with some gameplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Orv posted:

Straight from a notepad;

Where did you get all that? Maybe i can link it in the OP.
Ooohh, there was a stream yesterday, i was horribly out of it all day and spaced out on that. I'll link this post in the OP since it has a lot of good condensed info in it.

Unrelated, i binged all the LoTR movies yesterday while fixing my sleepschedule and i'm really hoping to meet some iconic Mordor characters like Shelobs and maybe the Mouth of Sauron. Shelobs is sounding more and more plausible with this spider news and at the very least we are gonna meet the ringwraiths which is supercool in it self.

Orv posted:

Regions are different difficulty levels, you see higher level and more challenging orcs the deeper into Mordor you get

Awww, i didn't like that about the original, it made it pointless to revisit the first region.

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Apr 14, 2017

• Locked thread