Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

throw to first drat IT posted:

:nws:https://i.imgur.com/5C69HSr.jpg
Probably not all that NWS but maybe a little?

More like Finish Army, amirite?

:gizz:

Edit: poo poo, new page. Content:

Ommin has a new favorite as of 03:13 on Sep 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

:hmmyes: :golfclap: This guy gets it.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
How often are you people going through car batteries?! Jesus, I don't think I've replaced a car battery in 20 years (total, not the same car).

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Former DILF posted:

e: if youre cool anyway

Gotcha. That was my first mistake.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
When did connections switch from oz/quarters/eighths to grams? That poo poo hosed my head up. :420:

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Jerry Cotton posted:

Imagine finding your perfect spouse and moving in together and going grocery shopping together for the first time and then you see them head for the self check-out.

Nah, that's a 2nd or 3rd date question like "Which way do you hang the toilet paper?" and "Do you have any extreme fetishes that I need to know about before this goes any further?"

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

I read way too many of these before I just couldn't any more. I mean, who are these people? :negative:

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Kart Barfunkel posted:

The d’s give it a more rounded, and therefore preferably accurate look. Also, landing on the double t sounds less cool than landing on some double d’s.

So, wait, is TIT-TAYS still acceptable?

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Zereth posted:

I don't think we've ever gotten a clear answer as to exactly what the Koopalings are other than "Not Bowser's Kids".

Yeah, and I think Bowser Jr is suppose to be his only kid. Also, didn't they heavily imply that Peach is Bowser Jr's mother?

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Moon Slayer posted:

I can't stop watching this, partly because I've always loved that piece of music, but also because, my god, the Internet was really horny for Bowsette.

It's like they were primed; just waiting for the perfect moment to express how they always felt.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

theflyingorc posted:

TWD was rabidly popular through all of Appalachia

I.e. everywhere that people wish rampaging hordes that they were allowed to shoot would charge onto their property

I honestly thought this was true because of its proximity to the show's locations, like wish fulfillment. We have the same folks here in the Ozarks. Why are mountainous people crazy?

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Kheldarn posted:

I don't know. Why are you crazy?

How would I know? The pills are to keep my brain like this vvvvvv rather than the opposite. Is that crazy?

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
My setup is phone (front, left, screen in), keys (front, right), wallet (back, right). Why would anyone carry their wallet in a front pocket?

Clitch posted:

I can only comprehend this phone placement debate in the context of a DnD alignment chart. Someone please assist me.

Keys and phone (no case) in same, back pocket is definitely chaotic evil.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Inzombiac posted:

Dolly Parton is so incredibly blessed. I don't have a joke. I just needed to say that she's an incredible person and we're lucky to have her.

:yossame: I recently learned that she is covered in tattoos. She always keeps them hidden because they are just for her and personal. I didn’t think she could any cooler, but she is literally an angel.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Tiny Lowtax posted:

In reality:

I lost it at this. Thank you. I needed that.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

I don't know how to embed videos but this was the first thing I thought of: https://vimeo.com/138219734

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Reading the whole thing before scrolling down to reveal it was Jon was absolutely the way to go.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
"Hahahaha, nice one, Punchy."

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Feels Villeneuve posted:

was that infamous post about putting five dollars on the table and taking one off every time the server made a mistake from SA

It was a joke they did on an episode of Third Rock From The Sun, but I'm not certain if it may be older.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
They also have "transparisteel" that is used for ship windows.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Tree Bucket posted:

You're either a Bluey parent or a Paw Patrol parent. Those are the options
I'm a Bluey parent with a Paw Patrol child. :rolleyes:

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Amphigory posted:

Ooo, I do this now. Not sure when it started but it was definitely after the birth of kid one

Same and same. I am convinced that it becomes habit because it doesn't help to sit down since you're going to have to get right back up again for some gently caress-all reason that is never mentioned until the moment you sit down. Every time.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Large Testicles posted:

My favorite Michael Douglas movie is The Game, which is kinda like a sub genre of those movies.
Mine is Falling Down and he was very NOT horny in that flick.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Brawnfire posted:

Flustered, I try to write my name on the back of the shovel. A firm yet gentle hand takes hold of the charcoal in my uncertain grip, guiding it through the strokes of the letters. My spine tingles. I feel the powerful muscles rippling in Abe's arm where it wraps around me; the strong sinews speak of a farm boy's labor.
He could make this divided house stand. :heysexy:

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

TK-42-1 posted:

I just finished listening to him read lotr and have like 2 hours left on the silmarillion. Andy Serkis is the best
Does he do a bunch of different voices? I'm picturing the Simpson meme with the whole class looking at Bart and "say the line", then its Andy Serkis saying "Precious" with the Gollum voice.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Data Graham posted:

Real quick, what are the sides here, “don’t care about Panera or its quarterly” vs “have Panera in weekly rotation and don’t want to imagine it suddenly turning into a Verizon store”
From the moment they took ham off their breakfast sandwich menu, Panera can burn in hell.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I'm a pacifist, but I still believe that violence can be justified in certain circumstances just not by me. No wait, coward. I'm a coward. I conflate those a lot. Sorry.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
Being completely honest, I'm likely 50/50 both.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
Have y'all tried just NOT having lovely jobs? I bet if you smiled more people wouldn't be so rude to you.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I will always love these. What was the other similar series around that same time? The characters had rounded bodies and a simple 't' shape for a face, and there was a steady escalation in their weaponry.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Perestroika posted:

Madness Combat, perhaps? That one went places. Very weird, early internet sorts of places, but places nontheless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1aubPfepmg
That's the one! Thank you.

CainFortea posted:

It's funny cause this video shows a deeper level of understanding and knowledge on how to do fighty action sequences than a lot of big budget movies, or other genres that often have fighty action sequences in them.

I mean, dragon ball is known entirely for being all about the fighting and that video has better choreography than the entire franchise put together.
Absolutely! The choreography was always the highlight for me. I don't know anything about the creator but I always hoped they used it as a demo reel to get more work, because they definitely have an eye for it.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
We use to have a Long John's/ A&W near here until recently when A&W pulled out. I was very disappointed.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

TremorX posted:

I don't trust watch wearers, if you can't tell the time by the sun or your phone...
Are phones the modern equivalent of a pocket watch?

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Cable Guy posted:

Please tell me this exists in video form... and post it.
I don't remember which one, but I believe this was from a movie and fake.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

counterfeitsaint posted:

They also cut to other celebrities who were there.
Yeah, did anyone else catch Beyonce and Jay-Z hanging out with Jack Dorsey?

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Takes No Damage posted:

The Beatles only existed for 7 years, when they broke up the oldest had just turned 30.
I don't know about that. Didn't they just put out a new track last year?

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Phosphine posted:

I interpreted PurpleXVI as meaning the "buy reroll" part of inspiration being what BG3 added, rather than the concept itself.

In non-BG3-D&D, inspiration gives you advantage, which is certainly one more roll, but not nearly as powerful impactful as getting to reroll after the fact.

As a DM, I allow Inspiration to be used as a reroll after the fact. House rules are the best rules!

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Nebrilos posted:

I suspect that Bush realized he was about to say "shame on me", a sentence that could very easily be clipped and used against him in all sorts of ways, so he deliberately said something else.
And if he had just said it normal, it wouldn't have nearly been as timeless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Knormal posted:

I found it way more enjoyable than the 2021 one where for the first two-thirds of the movie nothing happens then the final third is just a full-on rehash of the original movie.
Same. GB'16 may not have been great as a whole, but there were a ton of funny moments. GB'21 was trying to cash in on Stranger Things and nostalgia. It's a GB Marvel movie. Not a full criticism, I enjoy Marvel movies because I like comic books. I like GB because I like good comedy. It wasn't the "action" or the paranormal stuff, that was just the setting. I love Paul Rudd, but he was the only thing remotely funny about GB'21. It took itself way too seriously and I hope they fix that with the new one. I won't fault them for the Egon ghost though because it was totally justified and perfect for the moment. I just would have preferred it if the story hadn't called for that moment.