Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Sir Lemming posted:

Basically all of them. Although I guess the ones from season 8 & 10 aren't really up to par.

"High Holidays" is season 11 and its still amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Okay but you keep bringing it up

this is not the place to talk about frasier the tv show or frasier the man

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

If you skip an episode, okay that's great, but why bring it up if you're avoiding it? You should only talk about it if you're going to watch it :o:

It's like if I noticeably kept mentioning how much I hate the Greek episode apropos of nothing. Nobody's making me watch it (thank God), more importantly, nobody's making me talk about it (but I do relish the chance to dish on it! That is a BAD episode and nothing more to say about it!!!)

And it's not like that's the only episode where Frasier's a TOTAL creep. What about S05E01 where he takes a sleeping selfie of the woman he's seeing without her knowledge or permission? Mention that one once in a while instead of mentioning four plus times the same episode you refuse to watch

if you dont like a post that's great by why bring it up????

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Man I hate this fuckin episode so much I can’t stop posting about it ALSO someone needs to explain it to me since having skipped it I have no idea what actually happens in it :shrug:

havin' a normal one in the frasier thread

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

https://twitter.com/sindivanzyl/status/1076051847104876546/photo/1

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AUi7VVvcFw

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

I would love to see a non-canonical episode where Frasier pressures Niles into doing a homoerotic murder and they have to hide it from Martin

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

In the interest of discussion, what made Frasier a “smart” show? The wine? The fancy objet de artes

I watched S1-8 in like 3 weeks and dropped off as soon as Niles & Daphne ruin everyone’s lives and weddings. I love the show but never really got the impression is was “smart” over the sense that it was a show “about smart people”.

The best gags in the show are DHP physical acting and comedic timing, Frazier’s delivery, Martin’s ancient dad wisdom, and Daphne’s white trash upbringing stories. I guess if “well-written” is interchangeable with “smart” I’ll concede the point but I wanna know what you think makes Frasier a “smart” show and not just the 90’s Big Bang Theory (a show about Smart People).

Take an episode like the ski lodge, it's not just well written with zingers and gags it's a step-by-step recreation of a 19th century French farce. A lot of Frasier episodes take inspiration from various theatrical comedy styles and are written in a formulaic way so that all the absurdities and escalations both come naturally and end up neatly tied together by the end of ~22 minutes of screentime. It's not just that the show is 'funny' its that it is meticulously organized and put together

420 Gank Mid fucked around with this message at 02:01 on May 13, 2019

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

The Saucer Hovers posted:

screamed frasier

If you think frasier is the meticulous one I dont know what you'd call Niles

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

lol but posted:

reboot is frasier lives in a computer world and must defend mainframe from intrusive & destructive video games
"Hello Mainframe, I'm listening"

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

So was Kelsey showing up on set after a couple of pints with lunch sort of drunk, or was he showing up after having rum for breakfast kind of drunk?

and waffles powdered with cocaine

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Cosmik Slop posted:

Niles being inexplicably proud and snooty about his friendship with Mr. Mime

Niles would only have the fanciest pokemon

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

https://twitter.com/alex_abads/status/1144433517465673729

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

JK Fresco posted:

The episode where Eddie appears in a Seattle commercial, only it's oatseattle

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WampaLord posted:

:same:

Hell, I was getting bar mitzvah'd right before Freddy was. The show is perfect for all ages, even little kids would find the physical comedy hilarious.

that famous silent scene where niles prepares for dinner is basically a live-action loony tunes

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

Season 1 episode 19 the girl from clueless has a bit part.

Episode 20 Roz uses the term gaslighting. I honestly think it might have been one of the first mainstream uses of that term on a show.

Uhhh, not exactly a 'show' but

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslight_(1944_film)

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

You're forgetting that just days ago I was assimilated by a borg collective now dead.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

https://twitter.com/MikeBeauvais/status/1158475174565560328

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Car ports are just air ports for cars

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Darthemed posted:

yeah okay but which non-Cheers-universe sitcoms would you most want to see do crossover episode(s) with Fraiser

Venture Bros

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

https://twitter.com/pyjamas_black/status/1772206716345549130

Cam Winston up to his old tricks