Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Aww yeah, I can't wait for Tournament Arc the Season. Love me a good ol' tournament arc so seeing the sports festival animated is gonna be great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

The Day was a better OP than what we got here on like all fronts, really. It's a shame too, because this season is drawing from even better material.

Actual episode was definitely a little slow and I think it really could've gotten away with using way less flashbacks to S1 than it did really. That's probably what hampered it the most.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Goddamn did Todoroki's effortless victory over Sero seem way, way more vicious and brutal in animation.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Terper posted:

I can't wait for Bakugou to beat all these lovely nerds into the ground where they belong.

I just noticed that All Might is wielding the Buster Sword and it's perfect

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Sports Festival is good.

Tournament Arcs in general are good.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Horikoshi has like a half-dozen Venom figures because he loves that kinda poo poo. He is absolutely into Spawn a whole bunch.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Moltrey posted:

"Look properly at what you want to be!" which sounds like Todoroki is saying that is what he himself is and Iida shoulda look to Todoroki which also works but ehhhh.

Not... really...? It seems pretty obvious that he's saying to not get blinded by a desire for vengeance over, y'know, being a hero.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Chris Sabat is cool and good and probably does a decent All Might, but I will forever be disappointed that he's not voiced by Kyle Hebert. That is pretty much entirely because he was Mr. Legend in Tiger and Bunny, yes.

Zaphod42 posted:

Dragon Ball Z is the only show where I prefer the English dub to the Japanese original, I just can't do old lady Goku.

Gonna have to recommend you watch Baccano! sometime.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Kanos posted:

Endeavor's toxic "GOTTA BEAT ALL MIGHT" motivation.

And this, right here, is why Stain considers him a fake. Endeavor, much like Bakugo, wants to be number 1. That's it. That's his raison d'etre. His entire motivation is "to be better than All Might." Focusing on surpassing All Might is not heroic.

It doesn't matter if he's how good he is at getting results, because he's doing it for the wrong reasons. You can be a hero that is All Might-levels of good at saving people, fighting crime and beating incredibly powerful villains but if you were solely interested in the financial gain coming from it, you would still be a fake in Stain's eyes.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Like, sure, Aoyama can't stop twinkling, but let's be honest here. He doesn't want to, and no one else should want him to either.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Rhonne posted:

I actually really liked proto-Mt. Lady's design a lot. Little bummed it was never used.

Also proto-Deku's hero outfit was a lot more sinister looking which I thought was hilarious and wish they'd kept it. I love the idea of Deku trying to be all kind and inspirational while wearing an outfit that terrified children.

FIEND KID

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Susano-maku da! posted:

I keep thinking "it's almost Saturday!" And then I get depressed

why would you do this :negative:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

I found Subaru pretty fine as of the final loop of the first arc.

...Then he went dumb as poo poo and jumped off the fuckin' deep end at the start of the third arc until he grew up.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Fabricated posted:

As it is, we're stuck with the character as is until Horikoshi decides to have him do literally anything of interest. Like, do the Japanese readers even like him?

Horikoshi does at least.

...No really, he considers Mineta to be relatable.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Mineta is relatable to Horikoshi because he said Mineta is most like him. Y'know, what relatable means.

Also his favourite character, because obviously.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Shigaraki getting 1 vote is bizarre as all hell, but the one I find weirder is that Stain only got 14.

E; Actually, no, I take it back. Weirdest thing is Deku's Shoe not getting any.

Lotus Aura fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Mar 7, 2018

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

gnome7 posted:

Stain getting so few votes is also very weird, for similar reasons.

Looking at the list again, it might just be because very few people realised who he was? Only Gran Torino and Desotoro have their hero names listed (because we don't know their real names (yet?)), whereas everyone else has their real name even if it hasn't come up in the anime. Then again, Midnight barely missed out on the top-20 so who knows for sure.

Although that might just be a CR thing for consistency. I dunno how people were voting; at first I figured it was just selecting by name but then I noticed Koichi from the Vigilante spin-off had One Vote so that probably can't be it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Though, what Shigaraki's done in the anime doesn't matter. There's folks in there who won't appear until season 4, even. The villain of what'll be most likely covered in S4 is on there, with more votes than Shigaraki, which is insane.

• Locked thread