Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

The game's good as it is, and it will be the best if it'll just have better net code and frame rates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

The SKS is not a great long-range sniper rifle, it has only slightly more damage than the AKM with a much higher recoil and less ammo capacity. That being said, it's decent at close range, and its iron sights aren't bad.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

PantsBandit posted:

Not sure if anyone else gets this but every once in a while (once every 1-2 games) my fps absolutely tanks, down to 1-2 fps, for about 5 seconds then goes back to normal. It hasn't really boned me yet but I know there'll come a day when that happens in the final 2 or something. Anyone know why that's happening or how to fix?

You probably have a background process hogging up your CPU cycles, antiviruses tend to do this a lot.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

We should be able to put scopes on the revolver.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Games like PUBG are heavily CPU & memory speed dependent, and it sucks that this part of hardware only increases in performance about 5% per generation while GPUs are about 45% faster.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Olewithmilk posted:

Anyone tell me what I was doing wrong here?! Can't seem to put my finger on it:

https://streamable.com/lbvra

Are you talking about the dead body you kept shooting?

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

The crossbow fits that niche just fine, though.

Having a silent ranged weapon in the melee slot would probably be unbalanced, though I guess it does give you the choice of that or the almighty pan.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Do they stop when they hit a player as well?

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Vintersorg posted:

How about rocket launchers.

I don't think they would taste very good.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Bandages are good, and fit their purpose well when you're hurt but not <25% health bad.

Drink a couple sodas and spam 9, doesn't take long.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

BobHoward posted:

The thing which makes me think neither is cheating with a second monitor or whatever is how often they get surprised and popped anyways. They're good, but it seems like human good, not machine assisted good.

Yep, the haters in here seem to conveniently forget that Grimmmz plays aggressively and dies a lot.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

So are non-KO kills in duos and squads going to stay in the game or is that a bug?

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Stan Taylor posted:

I just picked this up yesterday and played two solo games. Came in 4th on my second one and got three kills :parrot:

I had a 2x scope on my gun but couldn't figure out how to use it at all. I attached it and when I used right click it just did the normal ads thing.

Hold down right-click, and you'll be aiming down the sight but looking in third person over your guy's shoulder. If you want first person aiming, you'll need to single-click the right mouse button.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Neon Belly posted:

Is there a reason to do the hold-down method?

Switching to first-person takes longer, the FOV in that perspective is locked to a hilariously low level so you could accidentally lose track of your target, and locking your view in that mode puts you at a disadvantage.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Deviant posted:

"Ok i'm gonna kill him and take his stuff since he crashed."

"Do you have a silenced weapon?"

"I have this sickle." :getin:

I hope the takedowns they add in the game work on friendlies.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

I believe he plays on a 1440p 120hz monitor but only streams at 720p 30fps

720p/60fps. I think the only answer he's been giving when asked why he doesn't stream at 1080p is that 720p is just fine.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Comcast is throttling him

You'd think that having over 3k subscribers would be reason enough to switch to a dedicated line. Like $1k/mo would be 1 day of his earnings for the month.

Nfcknblvbl fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jun 1, 2017

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Cinara posted:

Grimmmz is making decent money but nowhere near 30k a month, but even just going to a business line would often provide better service. I believe he is looking at moving to somewhere with Google Fiber though.

Texas I think, when you're making your money as a streamer it's probably best to live where property value is the lowest since you live at home.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

It's about 3.5mbps at 720 or 6 mbps at 1080 so he's probably limited to 5 or so.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

cyanidewolf posted:

There's actually two ways to get credited with a kill when you DBNO someone.

In order of priority they should be:

1) Kill their drat squad
2) Kill them

If, for some reason, you can't do 1, then do 2. Your squad has the same options, and if they do 2 and you get mad, then re-evaluate your life choices. Also, if you care who loots a body.

https://clips.twitch.tv/AthleticCarelessFriseeGivePLZ

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Party Plane Jones posted:

Shotguns not utterly shredding people inside of 10m is the biggest and dumbest change. That guy ate an entire shell to the face.

That clip's over 2 weeks old, he lived despite getting shot by a pre-nerf shotgun.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

frank.club posted:

Say what you will about shotguns but there are few greater joys than jumping off a ledge and splattering someone as you come down.

Or jumping to get a shot through a window.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

If they force the pickup animation again I think they should do it by allowing the players to freely move around in the mean time as long as they remain in pickup range while going through it.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Placing the micro uzi in the handgun slot would make it the only weapon of choice there, just like the pan is the only good choice for the melee slot.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

https://clips.twitch.tv/ObliviousSplendidPepperFUNgineer

And the end of the game:
https://clips.twitch.tv/NeighborlyRefinedSashimiTheRinger

Nfcknblvbl fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jun 20, 2017

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Cicadalek posted:

You can't really compare a single-map game like Dota to this. In games like Dota the variety comes from having a million different possible combinations of heroes on both teams, plus what items they buy, plus what tactics they use etc. Whereas in PUBG it's always a bunch of people shooting each other with a small choice of guns, and the variety comes from being forced into different parts of a big map by the circle. It's definitely true that you start to 'learn' parts of the map after a while, but I don't think that means that adding more maps will be bad for the game.

I used to think Rocket League would flourish with a large variety of maps but the pro scene fought back, and they never compete on non-standard ones.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

https://clips.twitch.tv/FaintLachrymoseCobraTwitchRPG

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

It happens too often where a developer will have a clear plan on adding content to their game but a small and very loud community of players will fight back, and the devs tend to give in. Adding maps to PUBG that differ wildly from the first map we get might anger only a few players but they'll be spamming every forum they can to get their old game back.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

https://clips.twitch.tv/TrustworthyOriginalFalconShazBotstix

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

When you're hunting a crate down, try to mark the map where you think it's landing in case you have to make a detour.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

https://clips.twitch.tv/PricklyLaconicYogurtCoolStoryBro

The VSS's crosshair is a bit busy to me, and I mistaken the poo poo on the left portion as the center.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Well placed grenades can knock down crates, cook it a bit and let it go!

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

https://clips.twitch.tv/ScaryZealousTruffleRickroll

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I played on the Asian servers last weekend as well, and I've noticed a lot of players there tend to go prone when they're getting shot and refuse to move, it's weird.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Neon Belly posted:

Don't the streamers all stand still and hold breath for medium-range?

Not really, the meta is currently built around making the other guy miss his shots, then return them so side-stepping in the middle of a firefight keeps you alive long enough to get the killing shot in.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

The SCAR-L certainly seems to be pretty common at the moment, I will miss it!

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

"If you reload into game while in a parachute, you will still be in the parachute."

What does this mean? I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be able to rejoin games we leave, right?

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

CascadeBeta posted:

What benefit would there even be to randomizing the door state?

Chaos would reign!

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

the bitcoin of weed posted:

also can you not punch someone if they're prone? I got into a weird standoff with someone who managed to grab a pistol before I could punch them out and went prone at my feet but couldn't aim upwards enough to actually shoot me so I was just jumping on their butt for like a full minute, crouching didn't seem to let me punch at all, then their teammate came upstairs and killed me

No, sadly. Takedowns are coming to this game, however, and you'll be able to get kills with a cool animation when your opponent's prone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I don't see why that new pistol needs to be rare, the time to kill with it isn't so quick.

• Locked thread