Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
This game is really loving good and I'm kind of sad that it came out at the same time as breath of the wild, which in my estimation might actually be the best game ever made.

Also, Id, I think your video link is broken. It's redirecting to https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?o=U which I think is because you're not linking directly to the video, but to something involving video editing (I don't make youtube videos, so I have no idea.) Might just be me, but I'm alerting you just in case.

Jen X fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Mar 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Basically, don't look anywhere but this thread.

Though if the trend holds, Id will have to lock this thing like 20 times due to either stupid fights, weird idolization of the guy, untagged spoilers, or general annoyance at how loving stupid goons are

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Kavak posted:

I almost thought I'd have to play this game myself :)

this game is absolutely worth playing yourself.

It's like nier if the gameplay was really great instead of serviceable

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

And the award for quickest spoiler despite the request against goes to....

The idiot above me

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Serifina posted:

Having just gone through the first updates... I really, really want this loving game now.

Then buy it

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

why are you even discussing potential spoilers already

what is wrong with you people

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Ah, humanity created another sapient humanoid species. Yay.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Of course the commander has a riding crop.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Under the vegetable posted:

Does obsessive and pedantic annotation of all of the OPs typos happen in every thread in this forum?

Id's threads attract a special type of idiot, though I think he's actually fine with grammar corrections.

For example, I recall multiple people essentially writing fanfiction combining various games Id has played in the Drakengard 3 thread.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Oxxidation posted:

You remember wrong. There were just a few pages where people recycled all the old memes he creates in his RE LP's and so on.

It's weird but kind of understandable since he's like the OG screenshot LP'er and there's a lot of nostalgia built up about his stuff (because his RE4 LP was over 10 years ago and we're OOOOOLLLLLLLD)

I'm pretty sure there was was a whole lot of stuff about how Caim would react to X or Y, but whatever, I might be mixing things up with a different LPer with a minor cult.

E: oh wait I think it was SGF

Jen X fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Apr 9, 2017

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

MythosDragon posted:

I really dont understand spoilers, I've never once heard any detail about a story and gone "gently caress now its ruined" I go "That sounds amazing, I have to see this for myself." or "Oh, thats a shame, I wouldnt enjoy that.". Seeing people rage and quit stuff over incomplete knowledge that doesnt have any meaning unless they experience it themselves in some way is really the most baffling behavior there is to me. But people are different, so I've been doing my best to be considerate of them. It's apparently not working though, since I have no clue what I said since I havnt mentioned anything about the story though.

Here's an easy way to not spoil things, whether or not you understand the idea of people enjoying being surprised: Don't Post.

Has Id talked about it (whether "it" is a plot point, a character, a mission, an item, a mechanic, a piece of backstory, etc.) yet? If so, feel free to chat about it. If not, just...don't post about it.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I think I kinda under-appreciated the desert after experiencing breath of the wild's, which, much like basically everything in that game, was the best executed desert I've ever seen in a video game.

The robots speaking was unsettling as hell though, so automata had that going for it.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Bad Seafood posted:

I need to access the terminal to reach the bunker, 2B. Cover me.
Oh man, I mean, you know, I-I don't wanna shoot nobody.
They're just robots 2B! It's okay to shoot them! They're robots!
Aaaaah!
He's bleeding to death! Someone call his wife and children!
They're not robots 9S!
It's a figure of speech 2B! They're bureaucrats. I don't respect them. Just keep shooting 2B! You have no idea what prison is like here!

Mor2B is good, but I can't find a good way to combine Rick and 9S

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Yeah my thought at that point was just "oh they're shades again, but the humans are stuck in robo-bodies this time instead of magic...things"

then sephiroth dripped out of a mech-womb and I realized that I should probably stop guessing

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I murdered absolutely everything in the park and I regret nothing

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Dzhay posted:

So, how do you go about suing someone for using your normal-rear end surname? Because I know a bunch of Smiths and Simmonses who could be making mad bank.

congrats and welcome to the hell that is copyright law

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

:h: * Pet

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

SirPhoebos posted:

Someone said that the spoiler rule came from Drakengard, so I'm going back and reading the thread itself.

I wonder if people ignored it as much back then as they do now

also cool, aliens

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I loving love this game.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

There are humans, but they're in cryopreservation on the moon while an artificial intelligence plays god with functionally immortal beings down on Earth.

Jen X fucked around with this message at 20:09 on May 12, 2017

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I mean "detain deserters holding military tech" is a fine justification for a sidequest alone, no need to mention resistance things.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Zoe posted:

It took me a moment to realize the 'where are your pants' exchange was in italics.

I was sad that I apparently didn't get that dialogue before I also realized.

To be fair, Jackass is basically written in the same voice as Id's LP narration.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

The head just splitting open into Emil made me laugh way too hard.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I refused to use anything but the hulk hands as soon as I got them, and I feel I made the correct decision.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I expected that this was going to be a "The Court Jester" style of thing

I did not expect android murder time

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Breath of the Wild did photographs much better.

Oh, also the sand garden of emil heads. That sure is a thing.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Rest in peace, hoverboy.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

please don't do this

the thread was so good about not spoiling things, too

Anyway, I think I just kinda stared for a bit when I finally realized that it was Kaine's house when I played. Taro Yoko is ridiculous, and I hope he writes distressingly weird and surprisingly emotional video games for a while yet.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I wondered where the portal gun was when I got here.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Power Bottom posted:

I found a picture of the next weapon 2B is gonna pick up.

Logan Cunningham's voice accompanying 2B and 9S on their adventures would be awesome, yes.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I kinda thought Adam was going to go full Andrew Martin there, but no, Adam just had to go full bloodsport fanatic

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

really queer Christmas posted:

9S is good, strong, and my friend

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

What the gently caress are those pants.

Scale mail for dummies

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Dr. Snark posted:

Quoting this for truth.

I don't know about Id, but this is probably my favorite track out of the entire DrakenNier franchise, and that is not a statement I make lightly.

Still gotta be Kaine ~ Escape for me, but it's most definitely up there.

Anyway, ending A is nice. But...

Have you forgotten something?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Elkyrie posted:

In the fight. 2B loses it when she gets knocked back from that one cutscene blast, Id mentioned it. Presumably 9S had the same happen.

Warning for kind of off-topic :spergin: but I've seen it a couple of times in this thread too: I groan internally whenever someone calls 2B "gothic Lolita".
Honestly, nothing about her outfit is in any shape or form Lolita. The silhouette could get close to a Lolita silhouette if you squinted hard but that's about it. It's a fashion all about girls' modesty, and having a waist-high skirt slit deffo doesn't fit in that ruleset.

There's plenty more to discuss about that but I'll spare the thread.

Instead I'll be sad since I just remembered a friend laughing all the way through the end credits because "the lyrics are so dumb how can you even take this serious".

Your friend isn't exactly wrong, the lyrics echo a billion bad translations where "sounding normal to english speakers" takes a backseat to translating as literally as possible

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I goddamn wish we were playing as a stubby.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Crasical posted:

The stubby not understanding that his 'Brother' is dead and trying to revive him with that leaking machine-lifeform fluid was the first time this game made me go "Oh come on, that is unnecessary. Why did you have to do that to me, Yoko Taro? :("

I imagine it's going to get a lot worse before long, if the rumors I've heard about Yoko Taro games are true.

Play or read Id's lp of NieR right goddamn now

You sound like you haven't and you really, really should

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Maybe we can wait to discuss Nines' reception and playstyle until after Id does something with him beyond showing off an ending

• Locked thread