Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tom Perez B/K/M?
This poll is closed.
B 77 25.50%
K 160 52.98%
M 65 21.52%
Total: 229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

WampaLord posted:

Well how about don't call women bitches for starters. Let's work from there.

That's my bad, I didn't know the poster I was responding to was a woman! Thanks for correcting me.

And please, quote all the times I've used "cuck". It'll certainly reinforce your notion of me as an alt-right shitheel, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
(Hint: the reason these folks are SO MAD about me, and are bringing up such incredibly weak burns, is because they're the reformed Hillarymen I'm warning you about)

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah exactly, that's the kind of non-burn I'm talking about. One might notice that you didn't point out what thread that was posted in, heh

Seek help, man. I don't trust you, I never will, and neither will the smart folks that supported Bernie from the beginning.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
If Tulsi is pro-genocide, Hillary is a slaveowner, full stop

Glazier posted:

Exactly, there are plenty of real leftist candidates at all levels that don't advocate genocide.

Like who? Gillibrand? Warren? There's no "real leftist" (read: other-than-neoliberal) candidate ready to assume the office of the presidency.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

paranoid randroid posted:

when did warren become a neoliberal

When she held out endorsing Bernie for a seat in the Abuela Court, for starters

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

oh my loving god who gives a poo poo

Ask dumb questions, get dumb answers

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

are you so demented that you still seriously care about who endorsed who in 2016

ellison didnt back that one sanders guy in that florida race, is he neolib shill trash now too

My purity test is basically: if you've ever been against single payer, go gently caress yourself. That clears the field pretty accurately. Warren didn't support it until a few years ago, so she sucks, it just happens to be a less so than most Dems.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Majorian posted:

That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. While I wish Warren hadn't endorsed Clinton, and had actually run herself, her policy positions are pretty clearly non-neoliberal.

She's not a neoliberal in the same way that Clinton doesn't think black people are superpredators:

The Boston Globe posted:

In her 2012 race for Senate, Warren’s ill-fated primary challenger, Marisa DeFranco, consistently chided Warren for not explicitly endorsing single-payer insurance, which Warren refused to do. DeFranco made a point to mention the issue in her media appearances, and branded herself as the “only candidate in this race who supports single-payer.” Warren did not challenge the assertion.

When asked by a local television news host if she supported single-payer in June 2012, Warren said “no,” citing the political toxcity.

I don't believe in "evolving" into positions where gay people are suddenly not worthy of being lynched, and I don't believe in "evolving" into believing that healthcare in this country isn't a loving disaster.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Majorian posted:

Okay, well, that's a really dumb opinion you're expressing there, and I hope you're trolling. You can be disappointed with how long it took Warren to champion single payer, but she's been spearheading efforts on reforming the financial sector, and without her, we probably wouldn't have had the CFPB. That's not really the hallmark of a neoliberal.

Her work with the CFPB hasn't really done anything important, the efforts to reform the financial sector were laughable and are likely to be completely rolled back, and she was actively working to snuff out single payer as recently as during Obama's second term. Who gives a poo poo about Liz Warren.

Literally the most visible thing the CFPB has done is to show you how much money you'll save by paying off your credit card earlier, if that's not neolib I don't know what the gently caress is

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Isn't it weird how Warren was, like, TOTALLY trying to reign in Wall Street, but couldn't - while at the same time working to ensure single payer would never come to pass?

I mean, you could be excused for thinking that both of those things are completely consistent with a neoliberal identity... but no, just like Obama, she should totally get credit for things she said she wanted to do, but didn't.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

how dare this one woman not break up the banks single handed

No, no. It's "how dare this one woman oppose single payer". Get it right.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

stone cold posted:

so out of curiosity does neoliberal to you mean "doesn't implement single payer immediately"

like do you think dodd frank was a neoliberal piece of legislation

Like I said, it means "you've ever publicly opposed single payer".

And yes, I absolutely think that fraud-perpetuating piece of poo poo do-nothing bill was neoliberal.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

and fwiw it looks like Warren has been at least tacitly in favor of single payer since around 2008 so whats the statue of limitations here

The quote I posted was from 2012, she's been against single payer since at least that time

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
But black voters care more about jobs and the economy than they do police violence, at least according to some surveys of the black community. And yet, only the voices that result in "no new taxes" get amplified by liberals.

It's super sad to me that Hillarymen see black people getting killed by police and have a problem with that (as they well loving should), but then turn around and tell the black people getting killed by our healthcare system (due to lack of health insurance for ultimately racist reasons) or working for drastically lower pay than their white peers that they should bootstrap themselves.

call to action fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jul 5, 2017

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Notice how nobody is actually denying that illegal immigrants place downward pressure on wages, it's just that you need to get the gently caress over it you poor redneck

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Jaxyon posted:

Actually what people are saying is that cheapskate business owners put downward pressure on wages but hey if you want to get mad at brown people, rock on. MAGA.

Actually I want full amnesty, and to prosecute the gently caress out of those businesses so they can't hire illegals ever again. I get that as a liberal you're really into the de facto legal slave underclass though, maga

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Trust me guys, the people that support the slaveowner definitely actually care about Gabbard's position on Modi

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I don't give a gently caress what some rear end in a top hat said about some other Indian rear end in a top hat if she promises to give my family healthcare and better jobs, tbqh

ChairMaster posted:

I don't really understand the point of this particular discussion with regard to a theoretical future version of the Democrats that could be considered anything better than a complete loving waste.

Why should the American left be so very concerned about the fate of a doomed country in the middle east, exactly? I can't see much reason for the average person to give a poo poo what happens to Syria when they've got no healthcare and are making $4/hour or whatever the minimum wage in most of America is. I think enough people are getting wise to the fact that this is just going to be the way of things for a long long time in the parts of the world that are getting hosed over by climate change the worst. Whatever pitiful influence the American left can momentarily pull together before being torn apart by infighting should probably be directed toward worrying about what's going on inside the country rather than on the other side of the world.

loving exactly, these comfortable corporate/college "leftists" will learn this soon enough. Nobody gives a gently caress about Syria and no one in America will ever change their votes because of it when they're loving dying due to cops, opiates, and lack of money. Maslow's hierarchy is a bitch.

call to action fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jul 6, 2017

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

WampaLord posted:

Hey, remember when you wanted me to quote you saying something regressive?

"gently caress them if I'm gonna get mine" isn't a good look.

Red text me with it then, rear end in a top hat. We need economic populism now if we want to avoid full on fascism. The next crash will bring fascism to the US if we don't try to stop it now.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Majorian posted:

So your solution is to nominate someone who is both mostly unknown, and also has some really execrable opinions that would turn off a sizable portion of the Democratic base. Brilliant.

I'm not sure you have the best track record at predicting what's going to happen re: voter response

If wanting my American brothers, sisters, and non-conforming individuals of all races and ethnicities to succeed even if we can't save everyone else in other countries is FYGM, then I guess I'm FYGM.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Jaxyon posted:

Yeah I bet you're real supportive of your races and ethnicities in regards to known Islamaphobe Tulsi Gabbard

At least I didn't vote for a slaveowner

Ytlaya posted:

Honest question - aside from supporting Bernie, what has Gabbard said that makes you think she's particularly leftist? I haven't seen any rhetoric from her that differs significantly from a number of other Democrats (on the topic of economic leftism, that is), and she doesn't really have much of a history of advocating for leftist causes so I don't see any reason to place much trust in her.

She supports single payer and all the idiots who are always wrong about poo poo hate her, which is pretty much good enough for me.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Majorian posted:

Then you're an idiot who really shouldn't vote.

Aww, but I do. And I live in a swing state, too!

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I don't know if you've noticed, but Trump is the President right now. Saying I'm "acting like a Trump supporter" or whatever isn't exactly a detractor imo. If that kind of tactic works to get your guy in power, so be it.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

MooselanderII posted:

I just think you're a fuckin dumb rear end for thinking I was defending Nancy Pelosi when I objectively stated her personal opinion on single payer and then proceeded to attack her for her political malfeasance for not pushing it as a House leader.

Let it go man. This is your third (fourth?) post about this. I don't really give a gently caress about it, sorry

Feldegast42 posted:

Change the Shes to Hes and you sound just like someone who would like to Make America Great Again.

Congratulations for getting the point I guess. If it takes Trumpian tactics to get a Gabbard or better in power, so be it.

call to action fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jul 6, 2017

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Can someone please explain to me why someone's position on a PM is disqualifying and not being pro single player isn't? Besides the obvious FYGM angle I mean

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Kokoro Wish posted:

I keep hearing here that she's an Assad apologist. When I read around though it seems that Tulsi's position is more that "Yes, Assad is bad, but the Syrian people seem to want a return to that more than continued war and US supported terrorists like Al Shabaab or ISIS affiliated factions or "name of fundamentalist faction" taking power if he falls". I don't see that as an unreasonable position in the slightest.

No poo poo, of course it's a reasonable position that's going to hurt the careers of the poor neoliberal slobs that oppose her. It's far more convenient to twist the above into "literally wants to exterminate all brown people"

Notice how they have to go to Jacobin for a takedown because everything she says is fully within the acceptable discourse re: foreign policy

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Jaxyon posted:

It's a completely made up position that Assad uses to give himself legitimacy and used to fool low-info foreigners and complaint journalists as it's doing with you, but tell me more about your deep understanding of a conflict that has at least 4 different sides and rapidly changing loyalties.

People are upset she's a racist but since you're going to minimize that it's probably because everyone here isn't' as leftist as you, bro. You figured it out!

If she is a racist, then Hillary was a slaveowner. If you admit to the second I'll admit to the first.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Jaxyon posted:

Hillary did have slaves, they were working for her as first lady of Arkansas.

Now you go.

Say the magic "s" word first.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

accepted standards for foreign policy are real fuckin bad and the alleged leading light of progressivism should probably not be doing poo poo like spouting off about how terrorists just hate freedom

You mean like this forum's Sainted Queen has done over and over again?

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
So part of the problem with Bernie is that nobody knew who he was despite being in Congress for decades, and yet I'm supposed to believe we can magic a progressive bench out of thin air within 2-3 years, is that correct?

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Majorian posted:

A: she supports single payer (but woop-de-poo poo, so do a lot of likely candidates)

Nope. There aren't actually that many potential candidates that have supported single payer for more than 3-4 years. Trusting Warren about her commitment to single payer when she was vocally against it during Obama's final term is foolish. But of course, Gabbard's the triangulator, not Warren.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Jaxyon posted:

Hey remember that time(yesterday) when you refused to admit Gabbard was a racist and thought I wouldn't say that Clinton had slaves, and you keep disappearing when I point this out?

Say she's a slaveowner and I'll say Gabbard's a racist (in exactly the same way Clinton is)

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Condiv posted:

so you're fine supporting a racist? :/

Did you vote for a slaveowner?

Jaxyon posted:

I did.

Now you.

You never actually used that word. Now do it, if you want.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
When you think about it, having a suboptimal opinion on Syria is kinda like using unpaid "African Americans" with high "emotional intelligence" to file down the bunions on your feet

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Sure, she tried to torpedo the Iran deal, but did you hear about how the other woman likes someone the first one does too??

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Majorian posted:

I missed this the first time around. When was she vocally against it? Please post a quote.

https://www.boston.com/news/politics/2017/03/31/heres-where-elizabeth-warren-stands-on-a-single-payer-health-care-system

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Jaxyon posted:

When you think about it, calling a the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people, including specifically targetted hospitals and schools, "suboptimal" totally isn't hilariously hosed up.

Oh wait

You sound exactly like the folks that got us into both Iraq wars. Let me guess, we need to "do something"

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.masslive.com/politics/index.ssf/2012/06/factcheck_does_elizabeth_warre.html

She has been against single payer recently. Who gives a poo poo what someone's pivoted to in the wake of Piss Baby.

I mean, I get why you all don't think that's a big deal - because 3/4 of you were complete shitheads for Hillary until you were all proven wrong. The rest of us see y'all as weathervanes and poo poo allies.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Condiv posted:

no, i think you're being unreasonable and i never voted for hillary

Personally I think looking around in 2012 and thinking "healthcare is awesome and we shouldn't attempt to make it cheaper or more accessible" is pretty unreasonable but hey, you're not voting for me right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Condiv posted:

there's a lot worse in the field, and elizabeth warren has been a good ally on a lot of other issues. shouldn't you give her a bit of the benefit of the doubt when she says she's realized the importance of singlepayer?

Once you folks do the same for Gabbard, sure.

• Locked thread