Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Is there going to be changes made to hiding in closets/beds that will make them less of an obvious death-trap? I never saw anyone use them successfully.

Also I'd love to see more variety in items/weapons. Follow the REremake route and give players alternative "bailout" items like a taser or can of bear mace.

Then give Tommy Jarvis the grenade from Chris's campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
It's unlocking now you dolts!

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
So far my best run as Tommy Jarvis involved bookin' it to the pile of teenage corpses with car parts, swapping out the shotgun for gas and keys, and using his mad stats to pit-crew the car into working condition as another counselor did all the Jason-shooting/distracting. Screaming at the other player to get in the loving car as Jason drunkenly rises from the floor, followed by frantic swerving to avoid teleporting shenanigans, made for a really cool, movie-esque moment.

There was also another guy yelling at us to stop and pick him up but when a masked killer is literally hacking away at your passenger-side door you suddenly have difficulty hearing the pleading screams of your teammates.

EDIT: As for blink-grabs, I've been having a lot of success with using your "rear-view" key to see when Jason is prepping his move (HINT: It's when he stops chasing you, dummy), then using all that stamina bar I've been saving to juke-and-jive his stupid ghost.

ChickenHeart fucked around with this message at 18:05 on May 26, 2017

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Tommy needs some goodies for his inventory slots when you spawn with him; by the time he makes his way to the graveyard most of the cabins will have been ransacked. I'd love to see something unique, like (very-slow-to-load) extra shells for the hunting shotgun or a Tommy-only defense item, but I'd be happy with just a pocketknife and a first-aid spray.

Also I really enjoy Jason's hunting mechanics of "scaring -> wounding -> killing," not so much the "teleport -> grab -> squeeze neck" that gets used a bit too often. A good tweak I saw from someone else suggested that instead of disabling his grab after blinking, instead just make Jason's grabs very weak for a few seconds after blinking; this prevents bullshit deaths, but allows the Jason player an opportunity to pump a good amount of panic into his target, making followup moves easier.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Holy crap using the lock-on dodge to negate a swing-happy Jason makes the player FURIOUS.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Things I learned today:

Lowtax-Jason can be easily juked and driven-away from like the scrub he is

Lauren-Jason is some kind of malice-filled unstoppable revenant that just chops everyone to death in the span of five minutes.

Also decapitation-punch best punch

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

Thank you, Chad-Squad (tm) for allowing Chad-prime to escape the nightmare. Best thing was that I didn't realize there were other Chads until the clowncar-cabin encounter.

EDIT: Oh yeah, almost forgot; HOT PRO TIP: If you are carrying important items and are not in a position to use them, you can use the "z" key to drop whatever you have equipped, preferably near where the item will be used or somewhere a counselor can find them You tap "z" to drop small items, hold it to drop large stuff.

ChickenHeart fucked around with this message at 08:35 on May 28, 2017

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Things Based Off Movies I Like Are Beyond Criticism Or Improvment. God Bless My Perfect Sacred Cow.

Alien: Colonial Marines was really a masterpiece, wasn't it guys

Agreed

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
I've had occasions where the fuse is in the same cabin with the phone, and times where the fuse spawns on the other side of the map in a lovely one-room cabin in a corner. I'm convinced the items spawn randomly.

Has anyone here had good runs with "Chubs" Eric? Aside from somehow avoiding Jason on an island, most of my games with him end with him dying early and messily, or being carried by more capable players to an escape, often with them dying for their trouble. His low speed and stamina poo poo all over his repair potential; it's usually faster to just pass off that battery to Chad to make the trip across the map and jam it in himself.

My hypothetical strategy of "use stealth to hermit it up in the lodge and pop out to repair the car/phone" to get around his lovely agility is a crapshoot; it's heavily dependant on teammates doing the footwork for you, and there is very little feedback on whether you are successfully hiding from Jason or not. Also there's the fact that while you're holed up in a closet you're not really contributing to the group.

He makes for a great joke/challenge character at least.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
The window kill for anything single-story should involve Jason raking his victim across the pane' s broken glass before closing it on their skull.

Context-kills really ought to be activatable in a radius around the object, rather than a tiny, easily-missed circle that only shows up when you're five feet from it. Also there should be more of them. Where's my fence-post impalement, or car-door slam, or power-generator-assisted electrocution?

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

Tomahawk posted:

Manhattan Map Preview: "Press 'e' to flood the sewers Tommy you dumbass!!!"

Boat-Tommy should arrive on the scene wearing an adult version of his goofy rainjacket and pack a harpoon gun.

City-Tommy's intro sees him climb out of a taxi and spend an agonizing amount of time negotiating the fare with the driver.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

"Remember me, Jason? When I killed your mother? I talked, JUST, LIKE, THIS!!!"

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

This is the result of finding a gay-baby teamkiller player as Jason, informing other counselors, and forming a temporary truce to chase him up the packanack lodge stairs and into the bathroom.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
With the bonus CP this weekend I finally got it

The epic-level Aquanaut

Look out Jason here comes ChickenHeart the man-fish (also did anyone manage to get anything useful from their CP bonus?)

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Okay, I've come to expect one-or-two players to drop from the game when they find out they're not Jason, but five? Is it even a game at that point?

Also informing Jason of glitching players and forming an impromptu truce to dislodge them never gets old.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Even more baffling are the instances where you get some lucky breaks on a Jason only for them to immediately-disconnect.

Dude, You stepped in a beartrap and got stunned twice by Tubbs and the police got called in the first five minutes; it's not the end of the world.

In other news, I'm starting to really warm up on Chappa now that I've slotted the "lose fear while hiding" perk; it seems to have reduced his chances of making sounds while hiding by a great deal, and when combined with sense-evading perks I can waste a good deal of Jason's time if you plan ahead.

How to (maybe) not die as Tubbs Mckenzie:

1. Be in a medium-or-larger-sized cabin. Hiding in those single-room setups is suicide unless Jason is focused on another counselor, you want to stay in the general area, and you're certain he didn't notice where you ran off to.

2. Keep all doors closed and open multiple windows; barricading is optional. You want Jason to believe that you have crawled out a window or snuck into a bathroom. PRO CHICKENHEART STRAT: In cabins with multiple exits, open the door opposite of the one Jason is chopping down, and sneak back under a bed; every Jason I've done this to has fallen for this ruse.

3. Do NOT allow Jason to see where you are in the cabin, and do NOT allow him to hear you shuffling around! That means putting out your light when you hear the music come up, staying away from windows, and hiding BEFORE Jason starts smashing windows/doors. Closets make very distinct noises when used, and while the "shuffling under a bed" noise is less distinct, any Jason worth his salt will know what you're planning if he keeps an ear out. CHICKENSTRAT: Use the in-game chat to mask the noises your fat rear end makes! My favorite is yelling "Welp I'm outta here, get _____ done while he's chasing me through the woods" while I slyly squeeze into a closet as Jason hacks at a door!

4. Hide in the densest concentration of beds/closets/rooms possible. Upstairs Packanack, the windowless bedroom area in barracks lodges, and (VERY occasionally) the shower stalls near Evergreen are choice spots for a Chappa.

5. Have an exit plan. Whether he starts stabbing all the beds, hears you whimper, or just plain saw your outline from having a tanked composure, you'll need a means of extending your pitiful life by a few more precious seconds. Slipping out while Jason's stuck in a bed-poking animation is usually your best-case scenario, while popping out of a closet as he's approaching and popping a flare/firecrackers in his face will do in a pinch.

6. The best hiding perk is having another player in the cabin to throw off your scent. Blatantly ducking into a closet while Jason is lurking just in the next room over can actually work if there's someone else making a racket. Bonus points if your buddy dies directly in front of your hiding place and Jason morphs away in front of your eyes.

With these tips, and a metric rear end-ton of luck and bad plays made by the Jason-player, you too can infuriate and boggle the minds of bad Jasons everywhere!

ChickenHeart fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jun 27, 2017

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

codenameFANGIO posted:

For example, we could cryogenically freeze him. He wouldn't escape for hundreds of years!

I mean, if the facility wasn't manned by like five dudes and a scientist and left to be forgotten it would have worked pretty drat well!

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
So how do you rp Kenny

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
C'mon, Knife-Jason...

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
It's me, Weed-wacker Jason

*ominous tiny 2-stroke engine noises echo in the woods*

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
If they don't do something with that mounted deer-head/fish so help me God

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
As Lachappa I've learned through harsh lessons that other nearby counsulers are pure deadweight who will gladly rat out your hiding spot to Jason for a few more seconds of precious life and that you can only truly rely on yourself.

Basically you need to play Tubns like an overweight Rambo (part 1 not 2).

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Opening the door opposite of the one Jason's breaking down, then hiding in a bed to make him think you've fled outside is still one of my favorite strategies.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Just remember ABPL: Always Be Playing Lachappa. No Jason worth their hockey mask can resist chasing after his luscious curves. Little do they realize that when they go after The Chappa, they get The Smacka.*

*Actual results may vary. Consult with your mortician before using Lachappa to clown on Jason.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
One step closer towards giving Chappa a sick german suplex move yesss

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

TheBizzness posted:

Only Shelly can stun Roy by using a chocolate bar (or 2) he can find at a campsite.

Please let this be an actual thing. Instead of the sweater, a male counselor has to find the abandoned ambulance to procure a tasty chocolate bar to torment Roy with.

Also when he dies he inexplicably falls backwards onto a farming harrow, impaling himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Essentially my semi-realistic hope is that the devs take a UT2003-UT2004 approach and reuse the game's assets to create a Friday The 13th: The Game: Part II with a bunch of fixes, revisions, and new content added. Heck, they could even do what Epic did and issue rebates/discounts for folks who owned the first game.

• Locked thread