Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I hope NES Jason is equipped with a giant toothbrush.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I will feel sorry for you if you don't get epic versions of the perks you are using, after getting that much CP.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I just got the yellow version, so I think everyone can survive a double trap now.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

404notfound posted:

Could smashing all the generators at the beginning be potentially less effective than waiting? The initial smash will get a spike of fear out of anyone nearby, I'm assuming (based on the voice cues), but once the lights are out you can avoid the fear buildup by keeping your flashlight on. Plus, you don't even have sense yet at the beginning, which gives the counselors time to lose their fear. Seems like it might be better to save a generator smash until you know you're near a group of counselors, and then you can quickly pop on sense and chase people down.
It does get you a good bit of points and it lures people to stand in place. Much better than breaking windows on buildings with no people in them.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

chitoryu12 posted:

Finally had an awful run, going 2/8 as Part 2 Jason. I've never played him before and I still can't believe how slow his Shift is. I just couldn't keep up with anyone, and with the police called within 3 minutes I stood no chance.
That is what I said. It is going to get worse when counselors get better perks. An uncontrollable shift is better than having a few extra traps.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The last one out of ten doctors used in surveys.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Does anyone have an old PC that we can ship to Burk, I cannot even watch those videos.

He's a very nice guy who just wants to play with goons at a double digit framerate.

Please help, god bless.
I have a 660Ti card, but I don't think his computer can handle it.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

WoodrowSkillson posted:

lol if they gently caress up the release of this
Tuesday already.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Best to wait for the weekend.

I Greyhound posted:

Annnd it crashes during the intro video now, 100% of the time.
Online session interface missing, please make sure Steam is running!

Verifying files shows one is corrupt, but the redownloaded one has the same issue.
Day 1 issue.

For the other one: I heard messing with the EAC launcher property and setting everything in compatibility to default might fix it.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Are there really a perk where you get a few extra XP each round?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Burkion posted:

I guess it makes sense that I would be hosting Science Camp.

One day we're going to go jousting. How many flare guns and shotguns can we get in one map?
Achievement Hunters did it with melee weapons, like real men.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I Shifted into a room full of armed people and it turned into a messy Mexican standoff with everyone hitting each other. The guy with the gun managed to miss everyone while I slashed away.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

chitoryu12 posted:

He's blocking the emotions.

I really appreciate counselors who try to fight Jason. They're mostly crap, but yesterday we had a game where we just kept wailing on Jason and knocking him down or stunning him until the timer ran out after almost 2 minutes.

I got to knock him out with a pot today but forgot to come up with a pun to yell.
Pan you handle it?

Enough time has passed that we have perks worth a drat and fighting Jason is more rewarding than running out the clock. Him fighting you means six people are still doing stuff.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I rarely had a reason to bother with blocking, but I should give it some use.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Barent posted:

It's stupid to engage Jason in melee unless you have a pocket knife, right?
Shivs just let you survive a grab. It is preferable to have a weapon at the least. Fighting Jason is something everyone will have to do at some point and you can't depend on knives. I search for Jason when I get some weapons to work with because I have a chance at being a Tommy when I lose.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Seeing Jason do a reverse Dracula is always a joy to behold.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Leprechad has abandoned the children to Jason once again.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I spawn as Jason, pick up a knife, and crash. Why didn't I refund when it took 18 hours to drop all the cards?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Had a very brief round where the cops were called two minutes in and baghead set traps on the border of the map. I merrily fired a slug in his bag and exited the map ten feet from the closest trap.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Had three rounds where Jason crashed in two hours. I of course, was one of them. Every round today someone crashed at the intro.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I thought I was the only one with that. I have been trying to underclock and now the drat fan is blowing. No idea on how useful it is.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Overheating is not a problem for me anyway since I crashed when looking for servers. I'll brute force this crashing someday.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

DrNutt posted:

I was all set to rent a bunch of the F13 movies on Amazon to take the thread advice and watch more, but lo and behold, Starz has a bunch of them and I was able to get a 7 day free trial through Amazon! Going to watch at least 1-3 this weekend. If I'm not particularly fond of slasher flicks, are any of the others must watch? I'm guessing I should at least watch all the ones with Tommy Jarvis, eh?
Go watch 2,4,6 if you are watching the good ones. 2 takes a long time to get started, but Jason is really a newbie at murder and learns quickly in later movies.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Now getting kicked by the EAC every round. Rebooted the computer and still getting it. I am amazed at this game.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I saw a Jason murder someone so hard after holding him up that their corpse slowly floated down a hill, like some headless angel.

codenameFANGIO posted:

I have never seen one of these people actually survive the match, personally. But yeah, it is poo poo and makes me wonder why they would even play. Besides Jason kill unlocks and perk stuff points are not super important and if you are spending your game time in walls perks are not doing you much good anyway.

Ok so on an unrelated note are Pamela tapes even real?? I thought I saw something that said they only could be found on Fridays but I played pretty much all day yesterday and found gently caress all. I should have found at least one you game developer bastards :argh:
Host a private lobby solely to hunt down tapes.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I am looking for the survive Jason's death grip perk. Got a garbage one and I want to see how far it can get. Even a 10% reduction should guarantee me to survive a second grab without a knife.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Coolguye posted:

I have one for 15% reduction and it changes precisely gently caress all.
You must be slow.

McSpanky posted:

Wait, this is a thing?
There are lots of fun perks that defeat Jason.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Jason doesn't mash keys to kill faster. He has to find a flat enough terrain to even do anything, avoid obstructions, stop moving, wait for the numbers to light up based on their fear.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Coolguye posted:

are you being willfully dense
Mashing numbers doesn't make Jason kill you any faster. You are silly.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Coolguye posted:

i asserted that if he is mashing numbers to kill you as soon as possible he is going to kill you regardless of your perk setup

like i've had this perk and have tested it under entirely ideal circumstances, it does not make any difference at all. whether it's because the perk is broken like grease monkey or just low enough magnitude that even 15% makes no practical difference, i dunno, but it makes no difference whatsoever.
This I disagree. I noticed a difference from a garbage one and the choice of counselor greatly helps in this.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I only bitch out people who stack several traps in one place. Wouldn't stop me from triggering all of them and dying, since I get to be Tommy. I guess the EAC launcher is garbage now and actively a bad thing. Good thing the game isn't VAC protected.

TheAnomaly posted:

A low composure probably means death anyway, but I can often escape with high composure characters if they even think about going for a special kill. With the perk I know I could get out on the 10 composure characters at least once.
I know that all too well.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jun 26, 2017

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Tirux posted:

Anyone knows how to prevent or what causes the UE4-SummerCamp Game .exe crash a lot? This is getting bothersome, had like 12 crashes this weekend.

Nope. Release day bug.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I guess I am Chaotic Good on that chart.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

ChickenHeart posted:

Okay, I've come to expect one-or-two players to drop from the game when they find out they're not Jason, but five? Is it even a game at that point?

Also informing Jason of glitching players and forming an impromptu truce to dislodge them never gets old.
They are working on the crashes. People still get an intro crash.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Danaru posted:

I finally got around to watching the first F13 movie last night, and holy poo poo Pamela :stonk: That scene where Alice is in the closet, and Pam slams a hole in the door and just smiles at her

Also lol strip monopoly though
Pamela is also a quite powerful woman. Able to hold up people and stab them into objects.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

King Vidiot posted:

I know this game is choc-a-bloc with bugs, but has anybody else had trouble setting a trap right in front of a door? Is that just a thing that's always been fucky and I didn't know because I never set traps as a counselor? Whenever I try to set a trap inside a cabin in front of the door I always drop it at chest height and then can't set it.
I once set a trap that spawned a couple feet behind me and snagged a counselor. They don't seem worth it at all unless you group them for a last stand.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

King Vidiot posted:

It's probably MORE fun with randos than it would be with friends, because of the constant change of people and the chemistry (or lack thereof) of the various groups you're tossed into. None of my friends are brave or foolhardy enough to dive into a $40 game, I guess due to lack of interest or the price or thinking "it's a 'knock-off' of Dead by Daylight" or whatever.

It's like they don't believe me when I tell them how awesome it is. Like I thought it just looked "okay" from watching streams but it wasn't until I played it that it really clicked. And watching streams is even better because now I get it.

e: But as a fair warning, you will occasionally be a Jason against an Organized Team of Friends who all pick counselor preference and you WILL get your rear end handed to you. Sometimes you'll run into cocky YouTube Superstars who are surly and uncooperative and fishing for Highlight Reel Moments, who will not help you when you need it and will just be out for themselves and will rage quit if Jason grabs them. But I'd say 99% of the people you play with will be cool and chill.
That and the game still has some teething issues since launch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Phyresis posted:

Quick Match is such trash, at least one fuckboy leaves immediately during the cinematic when he sees that he's not Jason, leading to immediate cascade failure. Do these retards even have any self-awareness whatsoever or do they sit there and bitch when half of the players leave when they finally get to play as Jay?

game theory fucken sucks because people are trash
That is likely the day 1 bug where people crash on the intro.

• Locked thread