Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Well, sir, there's nothing on Ravnica
Like a genuine, bona fide
Manafied, five-color Elder Spell
What'd I say?
Elder Spell
What's it called?
Elder Spell
That's right! Elder Spell
Elder Spell
Elder Spell
Elder Spell

I hear those things are awfully loud
It casts as softly as a cloud!

Is there a chance the gates could bend?
Not on your life, my Simic friend!

What about us Rakdos slobs?
You'll be given beatdown jobs!

Were you sent here by the Bolas?
No, good sir, he won't control us!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

it’s not engineered explosives land, it’s ratchet bomb land. You apes. You mongrels

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Entropic posted:

There's a bunch of iconic three word spells --- "End the Turn", "Destroy all Creatures", "Counter target spell" -- but are there any two word ones?

don't forget Discard Your Hand

With modern templating, Dark Ritual is "Add BBB"

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

oath of nicol bolas
UBR
Legendary Enchantment
When oath of Nicol Bolas enters the battlefield, target creature gets -2/-2 until end of turn, draw a card, and target player discards a card.
”What? I’ve been on you guys’ side the whole time.”

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Retromancer posted:

Kaya is Bernie Sanders as a black woman wizard.

so I guess that makes the obzedat Hillary: decrepit, evasive, a relic of a bygone era, and now thankfully gone forever

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

wotc’s treatment of judges is another one of those cute moments when capitalism’s mask falls off a little and you can see maggots crawling out of its eye

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

can't wait to see what's next for these Beloved Characters. maybe chandra will come up against a problem she can't solve with fire and will learn the virtues of self-control and cooperation. maybe liliana will act selfishly and deny she owes anybody anything, then at the last moment change her mind and come to grudgingly admit that maybe she cares about people after all. who knows? the sky's the limit!!!

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

one huge problem with necropotence is that you could dark ritual it out turn 1, so bargain was meant to address that problem. fortunately they learned their lesson about fast mana and didn’t print dark ritual again in the same block as bargain so it wasn’t a problem

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

also it’s insane that yawgmoth’s bargain isn’t the most broken card in its block. it’s not even the most broken card in its block with “yawgmoth’s” in the name.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Lid posted:

I'll admit conversely I haven't quite wrapped my head around Yagmoth's Will :/

2B draw your graveyard

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

artifact had a passable ruleset wedded to the most nightmarish monetization scheme you’ve ever seen. it was like pure digital capitalism injected directly into your eyeballs the second you booted it up

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Keyforge is super, super good, because it solves one of the traditional problems of CCGs (the mana system) in an incredibly creative way. Most games either require land-type cards which creates the problems of screw and flood, or automatically generate mana and are then constrained in card design by the fact that both players get a perfect curveout. Keyforge constrains you not by turn number or how many lands you’ve drawn but by what bullshit you happened to end up with in your deck and which house it works with. It’s seriously genius.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

one of the best things about legacy is that the package of spirit guides, chrome mox, sol lands and chalice means you can play a lot of random stompy decks that win with incredibly stupid cards like sea drake and demonic taskmaster

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

neon genesis evangelion. the mangawalkers are just the first wave of Magic’s new art direction. next set is Heroes of Geofront

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

I never joke mother fucker. 1100% serious posting 24/7/365.25. time to register ten million bot twitter accounts to vote in this poll

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

hiring a lawyer when this kind of thing happens is just generally a good idea. if you decide to sue someone and then hire an attorney you hosed up and did it in the wrong order

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

i'm assuming it's that bolas's citadel card since vintage is chock a block with cheap mana generating artifacts and draw

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Cracker Baron posted:

Arena Pre-Release codes from some kits I opened..
If you use please quote and cross out so people know.

oaR-zHJZ-koQ

zkK-SG6B-GFJ

GvB-ovPp-d2R

Jt6-g2Za-QE4

HJ8-UKrD-iTo

JJK-ZiWf-J4g

7jK-DMp1-EcK

fsU-nLdM-siM

Wrk-Fqoy-RFb

X4e-GgSz-bqU

b17-BQJA-Dmc

29t-wQZm-TJc

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

rear end Macker Girl

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

I’m gonna let you in on a secret: pros cheat a shitload. not all of them, and the ones that do don’t do it all the time, but it’s endemic

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

what’s the Burger King story, did they get arrested for not bringing the f*cking impossible burger to the east coast despite it being a guaranteed top seller

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Hellsau posted:

every number is declining other than "people playing modern" and "amount of money wotc received" and "number of hasbro executives strangling wotc to make their divisions profitable."

also filterlands shouldn't have been worth anything to begin with and their price wouldn't have crashed so hard if the set they were reprinted had more cards people wanted in it

maro standing in front of a huge stock ticker screen while a big red arrow labeled CHASE RARES goes down and a big blue one labeled DRAFT CHAFF goes up

and then the words NEW WORLD ORDER flash on the screen and a giant klaxon blares

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

it is offensive to me that people would pay $69, one of the coolest amounts of cash possible, for a chalice. not only is it a piece of cardboard but it is a piece of cardboard designed to make games miserable and grindy.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

he was also playing a red deck that couldn’t run bituminous blast, blightning, broodmate dragon or terminate. just absolute clownshow of a deck

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Judith practices RACKdos

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

i really hate drafting Orzhov and my recent 7-win runs have been rakdos or gruul with maybe a blue splash. I think aggro is way underdrafted in RNA, there are no good common creatures that dodge the common removal except for like rendhorn

played a game where I got my gruul spellbreaker slimebinded and just pumped it with gruul beastmasters lol

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

kalvanoo posted:

just give your money to the chinese counterfeit guys so they can improve their product to the point where its indistinguishable and the entire secondary market collapses

inshallah

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

now we need to get pat chapin out of the HoF

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Star Man posted:

What for?

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

specifically he served a short sentence for dealing but he would have served a long sentence... except a key witness turned up dead before he was able to testify

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

hmmmm... why would WOTC comment publicly on a ban for cheating at Magic that occurred during a high-profile event... and not on allegations of sexual harassment that may be currently implicated in a legal action... it must be Race

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

the fundamental point that “WOTC is probably talking about the magic cheater a lot more than the possible sexual predator for non-race-related reasons” is correct

ben s is way, way past that, though, and I have no desire to join him on the limb he’s dancing on.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

cultural marxism is when girls play magic and the more girls play magic the more cultural marxist it is

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

time for them to fill out the river of tears and nimbus maze cycles

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

it’s about ethics in professional wizard poker competition

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

flusterstorm is the worst BAB imaginable since they’re introducing a really powerful new card into the format with an incredibly tiny and limited supply and there’s even already demand for it from other formats

in a word: lol

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

we’re gonna print wasteland into modern but the only new printing is a masterpiece series randomly inserted into M20 packs. good luck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

my pants just got like two sizes tighter for no reason