Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Bryter posted:

Not even a unionist and I've still found the indifference and ignorance of English people towards NI to be staggering. God only knows what it's like to be a flag waving prod and spend some time there only to realise that the people you imagined you had some sort of cultural unity with barely register your existence.

Ever been to the Isle of Man? It's the most laughably English -- specifically English -- nationalist place in the world. Last time I was there, the taxi driver who'd been sent to meet me off the plane lasted about sixty seconds before telling me that he hated Muslims and "wanted them all killed," despite there not being a Muslim within 100 miles in any direction. You probably shouldn't judge a place by its taxi drivers, but then, in the hotel, I got chatting to a dude who worked for RBS and had been sent because the Douglas branch was losing money and he had to decide whether it was viable to keep it open. He'd decided it wasn't because the locals all refused to use it -- because it had the word 'Scotland' in the name. :v: They seem to be terrified of being forgotten by the English, for some reason, and so overcompensate massively by being hosed up headbangers to an even greater extent than people on the mainland. It's ridiculous. I wonder if the Falklands are the same.

And they're all deviants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Every Day Is Halloween Brexit

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

namesake posted:

Yes but so badly that his wife wrote a newspaper column about his lack of skill.

the best gove story was her coming home to find him trying to clear a blocked toilet by sucking turds out of it with a hoover.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

What is the constitutional position if the Prime Minister gets Sectioned?

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

redleader posted:

i bet the chemical brothers are hella leavers

Brexit Planet Dust

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

ikanreed posted:

I'm surprised that Tories are zero given that Irish setters are dogs

Didn't Heseltine casually admit to strangling a dog to death a few years back, then get affronted when people found that disturbing?

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Is this real? Why did they use a pic where her arm's shadow makes it look like she has a giant sweat patch and two days growth of stubble?

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

My skills wallet? It's the one that says 'Bad Motherfucker'. :coal:

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Jose posted:

It's funny because polling has shown that the more voters see of swinson the less they like her but the lib Dems have decided to make their campaign entirely around her for some reason.

The reason is that she's an egomaniac.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Labour are 50/1 here, so I have to do a tactical vote. I feel so dirty. On the plus side, I arranged a vote swap with some milquetoast centrist in Chingford, so he gets to vote IDS onto the street on my behalf.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Taintrunner posted:

Vote Labour you dipshit

The Lib Dems are loyal to Boris how loving obvious do we have to make it

I know they are, I hate it, but surely better for Labour to potentially take down 2 Tory seats rather than 0? I'm super conflicted.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

lorn Wayne posted:

vote

labour

okay, fine, if that's the consensus. but if they lose by 1 seat, and it's here, I'll go completely pants-on-head insane.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Jose posted:

While I agree it's a bit lovely to agree a vote swap with someone and not do what they want

Don't worry, I'm cancelling it. He hasn't voted yet.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Gum posted:

Hope is way too stressful. I almost miss despair

I feel like I'm about to sit an exam and I seem to have started smoking again.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

kecske posted:

I'm most looking forward to corbyn's cat El Gato moving into Number 10 and staging an uprising against Larry and Palmerston the Downing Street cats

I'm looking fwd to McDonnell refusing to occupy #11 and letting a homeless family move in there instead, as he proposed a few weeks back (not that I suppose Special Branch would allow it in a million years.)

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

https://twitter.com/ljayes/status/1205205524352045056

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

marktheando posted:

I normally think adoption jokes are too cruel, but Gove deserves it, also look at the loving state of him, no wonder his real parents didn't love him.

My favourite Gove story will always be the time his horrible wife came home to find him trying to unclog the toilet with the vacuum cleaner.