Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

seeing a few peeps in UKMT saying they don't know what Corbyn's policies are and that they don't like his personality

I see a lot of what I consider malicious ignorance instead of outright stupidity in that thread, what is it with you people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

twoday posted:

I get freaked out every time I hear a PM speak in parliament and I hear the MP's croaking "yeeeeeaaaaaaa" in the background like toadpeople

I love it so loving much

Congress is a bore

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Fallen Hamprince posted:

merkel called their bluff. switch back to the drachma and half the country is eating grass clippings within the week

How? Introduce a new currency and inflate your way out of debt. The wealthy would never be able to vacation abroad, but that's the only major downside I see.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Fallen Hamprince posted:

Western leftists, or at least anglosphere leftists, like to delude themselves about how mainstream their politics is to the point where UK trots can't imagine a political position to the right of Blair-era labour when no, actually, Blairite neoliberalism is still (slightly) left of the UK's center and there's a reason even Corbyn isn't pledging to nationalize all banks on day 1.

You described the Canadian Liberals as center-left. They're not, and the gulf between them and the NDP is larger than you admit

Hell I just looked up 'loog's beloved BC state liberals in Wikipedia and they're listed as fiscal conservatives operating on the center-right

i say swears online has issued a correction as of 08:22 on May 11, 2017

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Baloogan posted:

What's different

Lust for native death

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

sounds like y'all need a declaration of dependence (on government!!)

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

would be ironic if the uk died from a sudden influx of tariffs

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Fallen Hamprince posted:

labour 2017: only jezza can stop the snp

labour 2018: we had to give northumberland to Queen Nicola I the First so she'd let us nationalize the railways

amazing how Labour keeps getting better

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

None of the Tories have even a thimblefull of the charisma that Trump has, so of course it's not working. Trump would have just blown through that Johnson quote, he wouldn't have gotten flustered and spent a couple seconds trying to formulate a response.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

goddamn! dat NI party really cleaning up

best result given the IRA poo poo: c:orb: cleans up with like 323 seats and goes into formal coalition with sinn fein

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

:chloe:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

bleh

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Would this be a class issue? Minorities in the states are by-and-large economically disadvantaged and by extension do not vote GOP. The Indians and Nigerians I know from the UK are bougie af

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Baloogan posted:

yea but QEII rules like, a good chunk of the entire planet and il-sung ruled over a tiny nation

liz lost half the world in her lifetime, sounds weak and wobbly to me

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

Triggering another war of secession.

*extremely turtledove voice* the North plus the UK would have loving crushed the south in 1833. as underdeveloped as the south was in 1861 it had undergone rapid modernization, especially in virginia, including railroads. the south without railroads (and texas) would have had to instantly regress into guerrilla defensive warfare

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

In 1833 the North would have joined the South in rebellion because their financial interests were completely intertwined.

don't get too complicated there

in that instance new england would have revolted

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

this is p weak for pwint

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

babypolis posted:

theres a big election coming up in mexico this week and british ge, should be a fun week

i kinda want to make a mexican election thread but im a lazy bastard

My friend's dad is running to be mayor of Monclova, he's polling at 3%

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Nonsense posted:

The PRD have been forever mocked as the looney left, it will be interesting to see if Obrador can rise to the occasion.

edit: or the National Regeneration Movement as wiki puts his party currently being, not the PRD.

Did he break off from the PRD after the scandal?

Yeah he broke off, took most of the voters with him, and is now leading in the polls. This will be the first election where the PRI isn't in the top two.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Ayyy guey this is now the chingado mexico thread

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Aliquid posted:

Ayyy guey this is now the chingado mexico thread

lol from facebook just now

most everyone i know is in PAN country tho

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

they gon' need to change the voting process to PLP-only if they want to have any hope of ousting him

if he gets one more seat than miliband he's a loving hero

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Corbyn ran a way better campaign than even people who liked him thought he would, and the Tories have done absolutely everything wrong. This is just as hilarious as 2016.

And not even in a nihilist way

This election is insane and also good and cool. When is the last time any of us could say that?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Jeb! Repetition posted:

2008 Dem primaries probably.
that was all :awesome: and obamarama spreadsheets tho

hakimashou posted:

Whoever wins it will be a hilarious poo poo show and even funnier if no one wins, which is apparently a possible outcome.

i love that 10% of y'all's seats are tied up with other parties in NI and scotland, bring on the coalitions

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

hakimashou posted:

And then get reelected.

America is the greatest country in the world.

i was in nigeria for that

went to sleep not knowing the outcome, walked out into the street and people started screaming OBAMA at me and it continued for miles

okay that kinda owned

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/871484034643263489

Anybody who doesn't vote for Labour is evil. You're not a good person if you don't at least vote Labour.

wait so wikileaks is pro-trump and pro-corbyn

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Jose posted:

you're putting a lot of effort into responding to hakimashou about politics. you'd do better talking to him about taiwan

Which is #1 btw

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Hebrides holding strong, go libdems!!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Wrong poster

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

rudatron posted:

I remember the halcyon days of this thread, when we talked about what really mattered: space communism

Yeah seriously this place was red af in gordy brown's time, what happened

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

so it really is like the US house
Rhode Island has 526k people and gets one congressman
Montana has more than a million and gets one congressman

what in all hell is this

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Nebraska however has two senators (population 600kish)
California also has two senators (population 39.4 million)

my dude where are you getting your numbers

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/872255733160693769

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

a truly baffling collection of words by boss ross douthat on corbyn in today's NYT

https://twitter.com/douthatnyt/status/872456295378538496

his replies wtf

is he senile

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Taintrunner posted:

liberals will gleefully lick fascist boots before ever pragmatically compromising with leftists

good replies tho

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

from graun liveblog

She got put through and was told that I was ineligible to vote as a Polish citizen. Well, wasn’t I glad to whip out my British passport and wave it in her face. And then whoever was at the end of the line started crumbling. Oh, it’s a clerical error they say. She is indeed a UK citizen. So what do I do? asked the nice lady. ‘Give her a ballot and mark a clerical error in your register’ they said.

So that was that. They said at the station that there had been four other people who were refused the ballot there despite being apparently naturalised and registered, but they didn’t persevere like I did, and walked away.

I voted, smiled, and left. With a very high blood pressure rate, for sure. Well, that’s how elections are won and lost, and citizens categorised as A or B (yes, those of us who may be a G).

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

lynch this money having woman for having the slightly wrong opinion!!!!

this but unironically

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

LF hates women lol

*creeps on kate beaton*

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

WREX'D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online