Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

How Subprime Car Loans Are Ruining Lives And Repeating The Mistakes Of The Housing Crisis

http://jalopnik.com/how-subprime-car-loans-are-ruining-lives-and-repeating-1796893288

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Hoodwinker posted:

I've brought this up before and I'll bring it up again: the next great crisis won't be real estate or auto loans, it'll be phone/electronics loans. It's gonna be tech-noir as hell.

I don't doubt you on this, but will that have as much impact? I mean, those things are much lower cost so I'd think the number of units would have to be astronomical to have the same mass effect. Is there any research/articles on this? Sounds like prime BWM thread reading.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

OctaviusBeaver posted:

And it's super easy to get on disability on appeal. You go in front of a judge and you hire a lawyer who argues in favor of you getting disability. But the state doesn't have an advocate who argues you shouldn't be, so the judge only hears one side. The only missing piece is getting a doctor to say you have some sort of disability, and I bet that's about as hard to find as a doctor who says you need medical marijuana.

I have a friend who is a disability lawyer. He said over 65% of people being represented used to get on disability. In the last year or so it's more like 35%.

I don't know if that's nationwide or the reasons behind it, but it's most definitely a thing that's changing their practice.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

32m currently 2 months behind on mortgage, ~$10k cc debt.... in need of some advice
https://www.reddit.com/r/personalfinance/comments/6p1yal/32m_currently_2_months_behind_on_mortgage_10k_cc/

quote:

Hi folks my title was too vague so my post go kicked... I am in need of some advice. We have hit some financial trouble and my wife said that this would be where to ask for help. So here it goes:
I make slightly above 50k a year and my wife works part time (about 20 hours a week). We bought a house 2 years ago and in November, I had purchased her a car for her birthday. It was replacing our unreliable, smaller vehicle to better accommodate our 2 kids/gas mileage. The car payments were above what I wanted to pay but we were managing well enough (maybe one tight week a month).
I like to get my taxes done early and had planned on paying off (or at least almost off) my credit card, which was a starter capital one card from over 10 years ago with, of course, a bad rate. This is where problems started:

Taxes were filed and we were waiting on our money and I get a letter in the mail stating that our escrow had been miscalculated and that our mortgage payments were going to go from $700 to $1300 a month... I called the bank and they were no help so ended up spending my tax money (that I was originally going to use to pay down my debt) to pay off the escrow shortage and even then my mortgage was still $900 a month.
Now I have a high credit card payment Ive been expecting to eliminate, a new car payment that would have been manageable sans card payment, and my mortgage is higher.
We were struggling for a few months (late payments and partial payments and all that jazz). We started to tighten belts by changing to a different cable company with a lower rate, meal planning, changing insurance, selling any extra things, etc. We ended up letting our bigger monthly bills (specifically car and mortgage) go late in order to focus on paying off the smaller bills to no avail.
Things were still tight but there was a small glimpse of light with a possible promotion on the horizon.
I got the promotion but now I’m driving twice as far (paying twice as much in gas) also I went from being hourly to salary; completely negating my overtime pay which was helping us stay afloat. The positive is that my quarterly bonuses are bigger, however my weekly take home is $100 less. All-in-all I’m out about $500-$600 a month... I can’t ask to step down because: 1. It’s doubtful that I would get the same pay as before. 2. It would be career suicide to step down as I fought tooth and nail to get this promotion and would probably not be considered for advancement again. 3. I actually like my position and even my location.
So this week both myself and my wife received letters stating our breach of contract with the car and the mortgage. I have not called the bank for the car but I have called the mortgage bank and will be filing for hardship.

I was thinking of asking for a second mortgage to pay off the other debts (car, credit card, etc.) in hopes that it would get me a smaller payment vs. the total of all the other payments and give me a single debtor.
I have started using mint and it has helped a bit.

Ok so household take home is $650 a week and a quarterly bonus of about $3k (not sure exact amount as im new to the position) but estimated net of $2500 i guess.

Current bills and schedule:
Week 1 - credit card 1 min $150 - credit card 2 min $90 - Cell $200 - car insurance $190
Week 2 - store card min $50 - Store card min $30
Week 3 - electric $160 - Car $550 (currently behind 1 month)
Week 4 - cable $110 - Mortgage $900 (currently behind 2 months) - Utilities (once every 3 months) was $50 but just got voted to be increased to $175
Also $60 a week in fuel
tl;dr- over extended budget with anticipation of paying down debts, got a promotion with less pay, and my expenditures and debts got higher. Help!
Do you have any advice on my options? Thoughts about the second mortgage?

~$30k car on $50k a year and many other questionable decisions.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Enfys posted:

How does this happen?

By not understanding the letter.

I got one of those a few months ago. My property tax went up and I was informed that if I didn't send $x by y date to cover the shortfall in escrow my mortgage payment would increase by $x/12 per month.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

C.H.O.M.E posted:

700 to 1300 seems like a huge jump, that'd be like an increase of 7200 in escrow over the next year. Assuming a 2% property tax rate that's mean their home value went up by 360,000.

If they are yearly fluctuations of that magnitude they'd be in a multimillion dollar home and not asking the Internet for help because they'd have a financial advisor and a tax lawyer already, but their mortgage is currently $700. None of it adds up.

That's a good point. Those are huge relative numbers.

I think I'm going to have to vote for: this person has no idea what they are talking about and the "facts" presented are wrong.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

GamingHyena posted:

it's possible the mortgage servicer hosed up and wasn't including his homeowner's insurance or taxes at all in the previous year and this represents the shortfall from that.

That sounds pretty likely.

BEHOLD: MY CAPE posted:

There is probably another explanation but in some places there are periodic property value surveys that can dramatically alter assessments and therefore tax bills. Ours occurs every eight years, most recently in 2016 and before that 2008. Needless to say many property values jumped dramatically on the tax rolls, some in my neighborhood reported more than 40%

And this.

Or a combination of those, throw in maybe some insurance rating change (they lied on the app and the property insurance adjuster has come by to double check, causing a re-rating or they made claims which caused the same).

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Vox Nihili posted:

The rest I more or less understand but how on earth did this guy end up buying a camper at 20% interest when he doesn't even own a car?

Not nice, but talked about a lot in the last few year: thinking like a poor person.

I've been there and I get it. I can no longer rationalize how I rationalized decisions like that anymore, but it all boils down to YOLO! (until the walls come tumbling down)

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Doc Hawkins posted:

Maybe his wife owned one.

She did not. Sigh.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

LLCoolJD posted:

Also, why does a 23-year-old want a camper? They seem like Griswold family and retiree things.

I bought one after I had my first kid. It was freaking awesome. Little kids want to go home at the end of the day. This counted as "home". Super cheap and easy vacations is "camping" (it's not camping when you have a microwave, AC, shower and satellite TV) is your thing. State parks are like $8 a night to stay at.

It's not for everyone, but I totally get it.

Ninja edit: Mine was totally used, totally 80s (meaning mid 90s as far as build date) and I paid less for it than the interest on his loan. It was fine. I still have it. The mirrors on the cabinet doors and mauve upholstery still make me laugh.

Motronic fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jul 23, 2017

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Blinkman987 posted:

some person in some mediocre sedan rolled up next to me specifically just to tell me to get a job. It was a Saturday. I told her I had a job and it was better than her job. She looked at me dumbfounded and repeated "get a job."

This is totally how you win dude. Do you have a zine I can subscribe to?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

ego symphonic posted:

$400 for an oil change is somehow "not ridiculous." Exotic all cars are BWM.

There is a special kind of lunatic that purchases a used Ferrari. This breed of lunatic scrutinizes maintenance records and carfax for anything out of order or any indication a single thing was ever done to the car outside of a dealership. There are enough of these people that they set the market prices. And as you can guess, they want money off for all "infractions" of the perfect-maintenance-schedule-at-a-dealer regime.

So in the context of this car and what this guy was doing (buying it for a one-year project and then selling at the least loss possible) this was actually a rational move.

It's all insanely BWM, and cars like that are hobbies/toys, not investments and obviously not even close to being justified as a more expensive version of something someone could actually nee/use (a regular car).

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Doc Hawkins posted:

I'm not an expert horse-ologist, but I am skeptical that they would enjoy the sensation of walking on marble.

That's a viewing gallery for owners. The horses don't walk there.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

the gun was pointeed in a safe direction (except my leg was obviously in the way).

This is my favorite post of the day.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

monster on a stick posted:

I don't know how to stop, I don'tknowhowtostop

Stop buying candles.

No.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

ate all the Oreos posted:

I was all excited after a bunch of people told me that at 25 "your insurance rates go down!" like it's the last official 'becoming an adult' thing you can do

That hasn't been a thing in a long time. Like since actuarial calculations made their way into Lotus 1-2-3 long time.

Anecdotal evidence may indicate that it happens, but that's just because the real numbers say that most people who are either very young or old drivers suck at driving. Since the real numbers are nearly instantly calculable they use those rather than "you are 25! Let's give you a rate change!"

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Elephanthead posted:

I thought this thread was about $500 blenders.

Ahem, $500 proprietary juice presses that require a monthly subscription. Not blenders....those would be much too useful and too difficult to DRM lock.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Colin Mockery posted:

I don't see why you feel the need to be a huge douchebag with the "he/she/it" garbage, though.

Probably because this is exactly the kind of thing that triggers TB (and it's coming from someone who can stomp her again), and she has the tendency to get on people's nerves in between the few actual good posts she makes.

I generally like TB.....and then there it a TB tirade that makes me completely forget anything useful she's posted. I get it.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Moneyball posted:

I don't know anything about that poster's identity

Poster is a dinosaur. A small one of indeterminate breed. Hope that helps.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

NancyPants posted:

Uhhh...

So do the exchanges intentionally structure their transactions in an attempt to circumvent US anti-money laundering laws, or do they claim it's just a coincidence? This is textbook. Put this in the context of anything besides BTC and do this and your AML people would call the feds.

In my heart I'm an irrational conspiracy theorist, I just think BTC is hopelessly inept.

More likely they need time to refresh their "actual money" coffers with the money of larger fools in between cash outs.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Is this about the money limit to avoid paying taxes, or something else?

No. Taxes are due even if he only made $1 on it. This is about federal reporting requirements. Transactions of $10k or more currency require a CTR to be filled out, and it's illegal to "structure" transactions to avoid this. It's largely about money laundering if I recall.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yup, and I used "cash" incorrectly so added to the confusion.

Which is why I said "CTR" and "currency." In any case, we're on the same page here. It's not like they're a bank that knows how much they have on deposit and can (or are regulated to) have a specific cash reserve when anyone can literally just throw the "asset" they are supposed to be covering into their exchange from another exchange or any drat wallet at all in minutes.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Solice Kirsk posted:

Huh, I always thought horses slept standing up for some reason. I learned something today.

Most of their sleeping is done standing up, being prey animals and all. They lay down like that if they feel safe enough for REM sleep which they do require regularly. They will go even more nuts than usual from REM sleep deprivation if they are in a situation where they don't feel safe enough to do it an extended period of time.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Ralith posted:

Investing in a company is not giving money to the company. Your money is given to other investors in exchange for their fractional ownership; no more and no less.

That's a very simplistic and one sided view of things. Yes, if you are buying public company share on a stock exchange this is PROBABLY but not always what is happening. Companies both public and privately held often issue stock to raise capital (i.e. "equity funding").

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

therobit posted:

He probably did not get a very good education. I know people who are borderline illiterate who managed to get a high school diploma and find a decent blue collar job. In some cases that had learning disabilities that were not diagnosed and in some cases they just never took to school. Having poor grammar and spelling and using weird not-words do not always mean somebody is dumb. Sometimes it means they had challenges and didn't have the support they needed to succeed in the classroom.

Truth. One of my very good friends is a carpenter. The kind of carpenter that builds or works on several million dollar homes. His father was afraid he wouldn't even graduate high school because of what he described as "learning disabilities". This guy does so much math in his head "by feel" when it comes to building that I feel like an idiot when he's helping me with something. Calculating angles when birdmouthing joists, etc.....it's 100% natural to him, yet he thinks he "sucks at math."

Not everyone learns the same way, and not everybody even needs to understand they are doing math when they actually are.

He totally sucks at spelling and will write words like what is being discussed. Phonetically in a philadelphia regional accent. He had all the educational opportunity you could hope for in a public school. It just didn't "take" the way it does for most.......he definitely needed other help that the school district/his dad couldn't figure out no matter how much they tried. Despite that he got out of it what he needed. Dude is a master at his craft and is in demand. He's an all around good guy and you just need to realize it's easy to categorize people as dumb/useless from poo poo like that but it's definitely not always the full story.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Krispy Kareem posted:

the importance of the C in CPA

This is actually a really big deal. Because while you will still owe the money if a shady CPA is taking liberties you are at least seen as putting forth best effort if something is wrong (as far as I understand). This does not absolve you from providing false or misleading information to your CPA.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

I found a new one in the comments:

My benifits are expensive. Health insurance is ~$130/pay (not including dental, vision, life, disability, etc.). Plus 2 401K loans @ ~$50/pay and my week of purchased vacation (~$26/pay). I only put 5% into the 401K (what my employer matches). The rest is taxes (local, state, and federal).

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

canyoneer posted:

The only one I've seen that makes sense is for pharmaceuticals and counterfeit drugs. There's some big resources getting spent around it.

Why? They are produced by a known source if they are legitimate. Why do you need BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY to store lot numbers, and how does this prevent counterfeiters from simply using the same lot numbers?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

canyoneer posted:

I'm not a pharma industry expert or a supply chain expert or a blockchain expert, but I work with some of those experts.
The idea is that it provides an auditable chain of custody from start to finish. There are some pretty gnarly penalties coming up for pharma companies in the US if their supply chain gets screwed up.

http://pharmaceuticalcommerce.com/information-technology/blockchain-technology-make-dscsa-work-2023/

Maybe I'm too stupid to figure it out, but I'm failing to see how a blockchain is necessary when all of this comes down to inventory/supply chain management. Secure, auditable ledgers are already a thing that don't require idiotic amounts of wasted processing power doing "proof of work" calculations that serve no purpose other than to inefficiently commit transactions to the ledger.

If the companies themselves can't be trusted to maintain the integrity of the ledger the FDA should give clear guidelines on just how arms-length a service provider would need to be and/or create the system themselves and compel everyone in the supply chain to participate.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

FrozenVent posted:

Not really seeing how a block chain does something a database doesn't. Bar codes and RFIDs have been a thing for a while now.

The only thing I can see is transactional integrity (in theory) - can't roll them back. But of course you can if you control most of the processing power on the blockchain.

This type of integrity has been a solved problem for a very long time now. Once ink on paper ledgers weren't fas of flexible enough people were literally leaving a line printer in a secure room putting ink on paper as each transaction posted. There are more software solutions to that now, but honestly it's still not a bad idea.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Lease Option Loan?
https://www.reddit.com/r/personalfinance/comments/70a426/lease_option_loan/

quote:

Is it possible to get a loan for a lease option agreement down payment? What are some alternatives?
I've been in the works of buying a house/bar in Puerto Rico. It's both a house and bar on the same property (I'm not even sure what kind regular loan would be for this) . The owners have been willing to work out a 3 year lease option agreement with me. I don't have much saved and my credit is fair-good. In total I only need $35k down and I'm curious what some options are for making it happen. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

How long before contacting radio ad to clear credit card debt?
https://www.reddit.com/r/personalfinance/comments/70a8ro/how_long_before_contacting_radio_ad_to_clear/

quote:

I heard an ad on a radio that said that you don't have to pay your credit card debt. I already had a lot of debt, so this sounded good. I maxed out the cards I had left with some stuff that I needed to get the most out of it.

I called the people from the ad and they told me that they couldn't help me yet. That I needed to stop paying my credit cards first and then to call them back and they would help me.
They said it could depend on the card company how long that takes. Each company is different. Does anyone know how long this will take? I've got a Mastercard and 3 Visas.
And how will it impact my credit score? I was thinking about getting a new truck soon, so should I do that first or after?
Thanks

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Buying a New Phone
https://www.reddit.com/r/personalfinance/comments/70jshs/buying_a_new_phone/

quote:

I was looking into buying a new phone, more specifically the note 8. As of now Samsung has a pay as you go plan ($34 a month for 2 years 0% APR) It's a $999 a phone. I currently work at a local pizza joint where I make 10$ an hour 5 days a week (220 hours estimate). Is this a good decision to make or should I not go for it?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

This is a caricature of the nightmare entitled, lazy, delusional SO and has to be a troll. It hits every last hot button. Some of the comments are just great.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

BEHOLD: MY CAPE posted:

I think it sounds like a troll but r/realestate isn't exactly a super hot high traffic sub so who knows

It started out in /r/pf and was blasted out of the sub.

https://www.reddit.com/r/personalfinance/comments/70fa8g/my_bf_and_i_are_buying_our_first_house_together/

Some more great comments from the OP in there. In regards to: and what sacrifices are you making?

quote:

We go out to eat a lot, I agreed that we'd only go out twice a month and on special occasions. And he'd be working a lot, and a house is a lot of work, I already know that, so I'd be taking care of a lot of stuff around the house when he's not there. And managing all the bills. And be around when repairmen or whoever need someone there to fix things. And being without him around and by myself bored while he's working even more hours than usual because he said he'd have to start trying to work more overtime if we were going to do this. Just to name a few.
We're in this together and we would both be doing our parts and what we can and making sacrifices together.

This is coming from someone who lives at home and apparently too morbidly obese to get a job.

The entire thing reads like a combo r/pf r/relationships bingo game.

Motronic fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Sep 17, 2017

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

I present the thread with more weapons grade BWM to get it back on track:

Wife Cheated / Is Leaving I'm Screwed
https://www.reddit.com/r/personalfinance/comments/70s4yy/wife_cheated_is_leaving_im_screwed/

quote:

I recently took a job that took my pay from 25 an hour to 17 an hour with amazing benefits. My wife's daughter is a type 1 diabetic and it made sense.
The problem is she cheated and is leaving me. With the following:
$20,000 in credit card debt ($600 a month on debt management plan already) $405 one car payment (mine, 1.5 years left, $-3000 neg equity) $465 car payment (5.5 years left, $-4000 neg equity) ~$600 a month in all other bills.
My bring home is $1500 a month now. I am hosed and have no clue what to do. Not paying either car payment isn't an option. My mom consigned the first car, grandpa the second. I will not gently caress up their credit. I have no clue what to do. In addition to being the biggest loving mess ever emotionally, I am financially ruined. I live for free at home with parents. 26m, work full time, school full time.
Edit: she has two kids prior to marriage. Debt is in my name because she can't get credit or a loan has horrible credit.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Just in case I got you another one:

What Is My Best Option To Get Out of This Financial Mess?

https://www.reddit.com/r/personalfinance/comments/70s7ts/what_is_my_best_option_to_get_out_of_this/

quote:

Hello, Me
I'm in my late twenties and am in serious financial trouble. I'd like some help devising a plan out of my situation, please.
My Income and Monthly Expenses
I make slightly over $60K a year, and take home approximately $3420/month. I've been told I can work an extra hour and make nearly $68K and take home about $3845/month. This is not too bad on paper, but I have substantial and significant debt that I racked up in school. As of some time ago, I am not purchasing anything through credit cards of loans, but am having a hard time paying off my debt.
I pay $700 in rent, $125 in utilities, $80 for my phone, $250 for gas, $60 in subscription services and a variable amount in food.
MY Debt * I owe a whopping $84,453.77 in student loans, broken down here:
Type | Balance | Interest Rate Subsidized | 4559.95 | 5.350 Subsidized | 5571.40 | 4.250 Subsidized | 5569.06 | 3.150 Subsidized | 1887.41 | 3.150 Subsidized |1013.05 | 4.250 Subsidized | 4559.95 | 5.350 Unsubsidized |3016.80 | 6.550 Unsubsidized | 2870.66 | 6.550 Unsubsidized | 2739.95 | 6.550 Unsubsidized | 878.73 | 6.550 Unsubsidized | 8172.64 |5.160 Unsubsidized | 21346.65 | 5.960 Unsubsidized | 22267.52 | 5.590 Total Balance - 84,453.77 * I also owe $8261.43 on a car, with payments of $408.05/month, and 22 payments remaining. Note: I always see everyone suggest that people get rid of their car. I need this car, and can't sell it.
I also owe $5,972.69 in credit cards at $135/month, with (promotional rate) 0% interest.
Finally, I have a personal loan with my credit union for $9706.20 with 53 payments of approximately $230/month
Given all of this, how can I get out of this situation as quickly as possible? My idea was to attack the car loan, although it is the one with the lowest interest rate, it frees up $400 a month to pay towards all other loans. I was thinking I should focus on my student loans last, but I am not sure if that is the best way to handle this situation.
What do you guys recommend? What will save me the most money in the long run?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Help! We're buying a food truck and we're in brand new territory! Advice/suggestions/help not losing our footing financially?

https://www.reddit.com/r/personalfinance/comments/70wzc4/help_were_buying_a_food_truck_and_were_in_brand/

quote:

Hello!
My two good friends and I are looking into buying a food truck. We would be buying an existing truck and trailer, equipped and more or less ready to go, for $25,000. It's a pretzel truck. The truck itself is in good shape (we're having a mechanic look at it this week), a 2006 Chevy with only about 60k on it. The trailer is a 17-foot. It comes with an oven and a backup oven, a generator, a soda fridge, a mixer, an ice maker, a pretzel warmer, and a lot of other smaller-scale gear, and includes the three-bay-sink we need for health inspections. The owners are offering to come out with us for the first couple of events and show us the ropes - and though we can have their name and their recipe and everything, and they're happy to help us with what they can (they're retired), they haven't operated the truck in four years, so we're not buying a business as much as we're buying equipment.

We would need to take out a business loan of about 35k - as far as I understand, insurance and registrations fees for events can be hefty. Then we wouldn't be able to get into full swing until the Spring, since it's about to get too cold for food trucks in central new york (right, or are there winter options for food trucks in places where it gets seriously cold?).

I'm scared because I feel like making a business plan is hard when I know so little about this market (we are researching, of course, but there is only so much you can learn before you actually do). It's hard for us to see what our earning potential is here. If you have any advice - any red flags to look out for - if you have any idea how much one can earn from this kind of endeavor - if the amount we're buying it for sounds insanely high or suspicious in any other way - I would so appreciate any and all input.
Thank you!!

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Subjunctive posted:

Yeah, I take 5 pitches a week and that got a double take out of me.

I knew this was weapons grade BWM, but feel even better if it got that reaction out of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Zo posted:

lmao yeah this is gonna be literally everybody you know, including all the peasant you deem worthy of tossing a couple nickels at, and they'll all resent you for not giving them more. this is what happens every single time. it's extremely well documented.

This seems quite appropriate to put here: https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/24vo34/whats_the_happiest_5word_sentence_you_could_hear/chb38xf/