Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I don't think this is even come close to Catwoman with Halle Berry.

So this movie is gonna be like Kong Skull Island if Kong left the island to be Captain America?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I love blackadder. Glad to know to skip this now.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I will look forward to red boxing this movie. DC bad guys are kinda all lame, and the spoilers of who the bad guy is in this sounds dumb.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So we have to wait for the movie after Justice League to see if the DC movies are bad?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

I said come in! posted:

Joss Whedon was hated after Age of Ultron, so I am surprised at the praise he is getting for stepping in as the editor for Justice League.

Its a new name lets get behind it!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Why did people hate MoS?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
They have statistics for negative tweets? How is this a reference for anything?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Social media traffic calculation engineer, sounds pretty impressive.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

BrianWilly posted:

Sure, finally giving the first female superhero her own solo film is some kind of big deal or something or whatever.

Please don't ignore Halle Berry.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Movie was unable to reach the success that Halle Berry had with Catwoman.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Isn't rotten tomatoes owned by WB?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

And of course people are using this to claim Snyder is the problem, despite you know, working on the script and being a producer.

Did you read the reddit thread too?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
New ghostbusters got a 91.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Snowman_McK posted:

I mean, currently, there's a computer game, which boils down a hellish conflict into "Throw grenades at zeppelins while you're on a horse"

That's the most fun part of the game!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Was an ok movie. I'm glad Matrix bullet time is making a resurgence because it was super tight in the Matrix movies, thanks DC Comics. I didn't quite get what was happening in the ending because there was just alot of yelling and then Wonder Woman remembered she could shoot blue lightning from her hands at the bad guy to explode him.

My favorite part was the general that used the blue herring cocaine gas to make it seem like he was the main bad guy.

Who was the general that was using the cocaine gas that made him super fast and let him fight people? Was it the gas or is he some DC villain also? That gas seemed like a better weapon than the super mustard gas.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jun 2, 2017

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

dublish posted:

General Erich Ludendorff was the lesser half of the Hindenburg/Ludendorff clique that was running Germany at the end of WW1. After the war, he became an early supporter and patron of the Nazis, and marched with Hitler in the 1923 Beer Hall Putsch (Ludendorff was acquitted due to his celebrity).

But since Wonder Woman killed him, maybe the Nazis never got the support they needed to seize power?

Did he also use blue gas he inhaled like cocaine to give him super fighting powers?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Blackchamber posted:

Liked the movie a lot, a few 'meh' moments but I really liked the combat, which is also my largest complaint about the end of the movie.

The beginning shows us her training, then we get to see a lot of refreshing combat especially with those shield slides, and the final battle is a couple punches and then just lots of throwing things at each other and then some sort of lightning blast finisher. Wanted to see a brawl with the God of War. Not satisfying.

It was very good use of bullet time, I hope they continue the trend into Justice League.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

RedSpider posted:

Wonder Woman is an average superhero movie, and it is hilarious how it has a 94% RT score.

It is quite funny, maybe it was all the bullet time effects that helped it out.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Everyone knows Kratos is the god of war.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Taintrunner posted:

You have to admit, that would have been a pretty phenomenal tie-in/reveal.

DIANA! *circle button prompt magically appears over Wonder Woman's head*

To this music. They used the same techno from BvS in this. :cry:.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQSQbgJvTcU

Wonder Women even copied the Rage of Sparta.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jun 3, 2017

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
From the story of the movie it almost seemed like she helped out the germans with WW2.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

DC Murderverse posted:

can we slow our rolls with this? Like, movie was real good, definitely better than any of the Marvel origin stories save Iron Man, Cap, and Guardians, but it's not the best one.

Please, the movie used bullet time so sparingly and perfect it makes the matrix movies look like garbage.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Sucks she forgot she could fly and shoot lightning out of her hands in BvS.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Hang on, she was immune to bullets lol. Basically the entire middle act is nullified because of this fact. Haha man this movie is so bad.

The queen's sister dies for nothing hahahahaha.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Also what is her shield made out of that can take machine gun fire? Knights in armor couldn't even stop crossbows and her shield stops machineguns cause?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Steve Yun posted:

My memory is fuzzy... what happened with Dr Poison in the final battle? I remember Wonder Woman holding a tank over her but forgot how she got there or what happened after

She just walks away.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Well that was right after she murdered a non special guy trying to serve the German army with a sword.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Jun 4, 2017

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Apraxin posted:

Has there been any word on why they went with actual historical-figure General Ludendorff as an antagonist instead of just inventing a General von Evilstein character to fill the role? I know it's not a huge issue, but I thought it was kind of weird; like if the bad guys in Captain America had been the Red Skull, and Dr Zola, oh and also Heinrich Himmler.

Please do not make fun of my favorite blue cocaine gas using character of the movie. Just think if he had enough to restore all his power!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I don't get why people call MoS dark. The darkest thing in the movie is the kryptonians raising their entire population with imposed genetic limits to breed slaves but no one ever talks about that and its a small point in the movie.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So at the start of the movie when the German ships attacked the island, did the amazons swim out of the boats to stop them from leaving? Sure they killed all the Germans who landed on the beach but what about the boat captains and all the other personal? Did they just leave? Or are we to assume they jumped into rafts and helped the German grunts storm the beach?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Brainiac Five posted:

We see the boat commanders get out, I'm pretty sure.

So like the German radio operators and ship engineers joined in the beach assault as well?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Filthy Casual posted:

All I remember seeing hit the beaches were smaller rowboat sized vessels, which may not have required either of those crew specializations.

They had large naval ships chasing him.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Superheroes were the only genre to survive the Franchise Wars. So, now all movies are superhero movies.

If they all are super, would be be campy to not have a superhero with powers movie?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Democratic Pirate posted:

Facial hair game could have been better in this movie.

Interesting fact for WW1 promoted shaving to be able to wear gas masks.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

MacheteZombie posted:

I simultaneously liked and disliked the ending part with her jumping off a rooftop while voice over wrapped things up for us.

She wouldn't be a super hero if she didn't have a monologue on a roof.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Panfilo posted:

Whatever happened to the German Destroyer that blundered into Themacyra along with all the German troops that got massacred?

Thread believes that all the crew on board joined with the beach assault and died.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
How did the German destroyer let a boat with a sail escape the island? There's so many plot holes.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Wonder Woman did the unthinkable, crossing no man land while being completely immune to bullets.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Toady posted:

Some bullets are shown ricocheting off her boots. Obviously, we're meant to assume she's adequately protected by the shield and armor. Given the ending, you may also assume supernatural shenanigans.

She is immune to bullets, Ares says this. Only a god can kill a god. Bullets arn't gods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

teagone posted:

She's a demigod. The half god part is why she has the power to slay a god. But she's also part Amazon and clearly can be wounded. If she were immune to bullets like Superman, she wouldn't bother with the shield or gauntlets.

There's no part where they call her a demigod of say she is part Amazon in the movie.

• Locked thread