Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46526

Wisniewski is amazing at writing tons of words while saying nothing of substance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It really was the only way to fix it and hell, it happens to be cool and good as well

Agreed, this was really cool and they need to do more of this and less 5 paragraph expositions on the nature of interpersonal relationships in destiny. Hope the big trials uptick does some good.

Still can’t be bothered to even patch tbh but that’s more about my issues with the game that are unlikely to ever be solved.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

JorgeHWB posted:

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/Update/46612

Bungiemian Roadmapshoddy

Is this real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide (of human excrement from the dev team)
No escape from reality.

Open your eyes, look up to Luke Smith and see...
I'm just an asshat, I need no sympathy,
Because I’m eas-ily shady, eas-ily a dope,
Little vague, little slow,
Any way the [faction rally] win goes, doesn’t really matter to me, to me.

Bobby, I killed a game.
Throttled XP like a cuck,
Reddit caught me now we're hosed.
Bobby, the franchise had just caught on.
But now we’ve gone and thrown it all awayyyyyyyyyyyy.

Bobby, oooh,
Didn’t mean to make you sigh
If the games not popular again this time next year,
Carry on, carry on and say ‘We’re Listening’ .

Too late, our time has come,
Sends fractures through our teams,
Devs quittin’ left and right,
Goodbye userbase, we’ve got to go,
Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth (we have no idea what D2 was supposed to be).
Bobby, oooh, (any way the reddit spergs post)
I don’t wanna die (by admitting I was wrong),
I sometimes wish I’d never suggested that static rolls were better than rng.

I see a little silhouette of a fan,
Eververse, Eververse, will you purchase some engrams?
Ornaments and Shaders,
Very, very unsatisfying me.
(Rahool) Rahool.
(Rahool) Rahool,
Rahool & Gunsmith
Duplicate-items-o-o-o

I’m just a D1 fan, Bungie doesn’t like me.
He’s just a normal fan from a normal userbase,
Spare him his life from this monstrosity.

Easy fun, easy play, will you deliver that?
Season-pass! No, we will not fix it! (Fix it please!)
Season-pass! We will not fix it! (Fix it please!)
Season-pass! We will not fix it! (Fix it please!)
We will not fix it! (Fix it please!)
Never fix it (Never, never, never, never fix it)
Oh oh oh oh
No, no, no, no, no, no, no!
Oh Bobby Kotick, Bobby Kotick (Bobby Kotick please sate the mob)
Eververse has a engram put aside for me, for me, for me.

So you think you can bash this game and berate their devs?
So you think you can love it and let it die?
Oh, userbase, can’t do this to it, userbase.
Just gotta get out, just gotta go right out and deleeeeeeeeeeeeeeete.

(Ooooh, ooh yeah, ooh yeah)

This franchise had potential,
Anyone can see,
Bungie really screwed the pooch,
Bungie really hosed the franchiseeeeeeee.

Anyway the windowwwww for fixing this drat game is quarter threeeee
Twenty nine teeeeeen

Hell yeah these are always so funny!

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Lmao really

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Artist’s portrayal of the current state of our D2 clan.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

I agree with most of ABGD’s points in this thread but I also haven’t touched this lovely game since October.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

The Bungie Defender has logged on bitches. En guard.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

ElNarez posted:

The loadout system is fine as is and most of the grousing comes from redditors mad that they can't ruin the Crucible for everyone with snipers and shotguns. And while I'm at it, gently caress random rolls, grinding for one specific permutation of perks was miserable. In terms of experience, there's no real difference between trashing bad rolls and trashing duplicates, except in the case of duplicates you already know what you're getting so you don't have to think about it.

This entire post triggered me

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

😂

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Glad to see that nothing’s changed with destiny 2, the only happy takes are from the absolute worst posters.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

playing this piece of poo poo again :getin:

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

So, first gambit match of the week.
Decided to try and grind for the gambit AR.

Load in, everybody is random, no clans on either team.

First round is great, we win by quite a margin.
team worked well, and worked nicely together (about time)

2nd round in, they came back with a vengance, bringing out their prime evil just before us.
They got the exalted prime evil or whatever it's called.
(For the sake of this story, we'll call it meatball.)

So, being a nice guy, I tell my team they've got the meatball, and being how RNG bullshit it is to find the thing, we should let them get it.
They all agree, I send a message letting the enemy team know.

The guy I messaged thanked me, a lot.

So we threw the round so they could get the Exotic quest.

Now here's where I get pissed, and you can probably tell what's coming.

Round 3. We summon our Prime evils at the same time.
Lo and behold; We got the meatball.

I immediately message the enemy team to let them know.

Nothing.

The enemy invades, emotes laughter, promptly Sleeper's us before we can fire a round back.

My team panic.

They got so panicked they fire ALL THEIR SLEEPER AMMO AT IT WHILE IT'S SHIELDED.

The enemy killed their prime evil, while ours was at 25% health.

New message

"HAHA gently caress YOU NOOBS!"

I guess I was Naive, or shooting ourselves in the foot.

But that's the story about how you should never trust guardians.

I am convinced we are the true bad guys, the traveller is evil.

Light is just white hot rage.

I hate you.

Hope you enjoyed my story of... frustration

Source your quotes

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

I got a Cerberus+1 while doing the forsaken campaign and haven’t seen another exotic since.

The only gun I seem to need is bygones in any situation so it’s not really that big of a deal so far.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

actionjackson posted:

Why is bygones so much better? Archetype?

and pure vertical recoil from what I can see. It’s just a headshot machine. Making me bored of the loot hunt already since all I get is grenade launchers otherwise and no other gun really comes close to bygones on effectiveness from what I can see (haven’t really started the Luna’s grind cuz I don’t want to solo that garbage)

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

el B posted:

Maaan I put so much cannaoil in my coffee on Saturday I was hosed up for like 6 hours. Maaan you should have seen the poo poo I took on Sunday.

It was straight liquid poo. Gross!

Pretty funny tho. To know what was the cause of such an unusual poo.

Why tho

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

el B posted:

Great question! Thank you.

Coconut oil is my go-to fat-based infusion. Even though I’m not totally convinced that the high saturated fat content makes it more potent than all of the rest, it is incredibly potent and is the most versatile oil out of the bunch. It’s amazing for creating salves, baked goods and cannacaps.

On its own, coconut oil has a myriad of health benefits like improved memory, energy, digestion, and skin issues and has been known to help in the treatment of Alzheimer’s, Cancer, Arthritis and UTIs (to name just a few).

You can put it anywhere in your body (including on your naughty bits and up in your unspeakable parts) and it’s the basis of most of the fat-based recipes in many homemade sensual oil cookbooks. I love the flavor of cannabis infused coconut oil and when the smell fills my kitchen, a feeling of nostalgia and warm joy fill my whole body. Yeah, I’m pretty into it.

Butter is one of the most popular cannabis infusions out there, but I’m not going to jump on the bandwagon and call it the BEST fat based infusion.

Yes. It’s high in fat and arguably great at holding onto cannabinoids and terpenes. Sure. It’s widely available. Totally. It’s a good option if you’re allergic to coconuts. And okay. The words “buttery flavor” are a selling point.

But there are some downsides to using butter.

First, you can’t put it all over your body… I mean, you probably can, but I don’t think butter weed lube is a thing that you could talk a sexy stranger into.

Second, dairy can agitate the digestive system and can cause a bunch of other issues. You could be intolerant or allergic to dairy without even knowing it.

Reports estimate that nearly 75% of the world’s population has a hard time digesting dairy and that fluctuates depending on your heritage.

Consuming conventional pasteurized dairy from factory farmed cows that are given hormones and antibiotics can also contribute to excessive mucous, inflammation and unchecked growth of candida. And despite the totally debunked myth that dairy is good for our bones (you could be more likely to break a hip if you drink milk every day), for some reason it continues to be promoted by the dairy industry as a “health” food.

As a full time pvp slayer, I steer away from regular dairy consumption, especially if they have arthritis, MS, fibromyalgia, IBS, migraines or cancer or any other inflammatory, autoimmune or tumorous condition.

Third, one of the analytical chemists I talked to while I was getting my nuts hummed on mentioned that it’s hard to dose because the milk fats separate in the fridge causing the suspension of the cannabinoids to have higher concentrations in one of the layers.

To me, the health benefits of cannabutter seem to be lacking and there are better options for your infusing adventures. 

That makes sense, thanks “bud”

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

I want the dudes who get every weapon the first week to keep talking about how the infusion system is fine.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Rubellavator posted:

I dont think you get to post those when you do the gg ez thing first

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

I wish bungie did just a little more hand holding for the objective-based games to force people to learn what the gently caress is going on.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

They could even put tips in during the 4 minute loading screens!

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

the bsd boys posted:

gently caress all the way off with the ironic antisemitism and homophobia. it's 2018 and there's actual nazis around, do you really want to get lumped in with them

Blind Rasputin posted:

Ok cool timely hot take, rear end in a top hat.

:allears:

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Yo is it just me or did this game fall off a cliff again already. Even before cod/rdr2, obv

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

No need to walk backwards if you just do a 360 and sprint out the way you came

Doesn’t CF play with a sidearm? Those and fusion rifles are probably the two I could see reverse speed being helpful for

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Everyone needs to stop using Queenbreaker until I get one thanks

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Wait it’s not too late to get Luna’s Howl is it? I’m at like 1900 or so and was hoping to knock it out this week.

Too drat bad my friends are too busy dabbing in fortnite with 13 year olds even though they’re in their 30s and should know better.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

That was a subtweet at Betty’s bitch rear end btw if it wasn’t clear

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

el B posted:

poooM thanks the bus driver

ur part of the problem buddy

Edit: the rest of the problem is that stopping adderall made me lovely at pvp again

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Emron posted:

You can't get the reset glory next Tuesday since the season is ending, I think, but nothing is stopping you from banging out that last 200 to put you over this week!

Eej posted:

Uh season ends on 27 so you have two weeks to hit 2100

thanks dudes!

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Blind Rasputin posted:

Man, I see 150 new posts in this thread in a day and think something cool happened. But nope. As opposed to literally every other thread about a video game on SA, those being usually full of good times and people having fun exploring something together, this one is just so full of vitriol and trash posts and gently caress you got mine gifs.

You guys have completely forgotten how to enjoy a video game.

Aww buddy chin up, this thread has always been like this. hearken back to the days of the bone krew schism, or dahbadu, or monkeu. This thread is a treasure.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

There are 4 goons on my friends list currently using range MW sidearms right now.

Cheese meta is go

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

BlindSite posted:

I played a comp match last night when I was finishing my lunas where a guy got four in a row because the bluebs on my team couldn't help themselves. Dude was terrible with actual guns.

Supers need some tweaks; for starters the hunters blade panic gets it's damage resistance from the beginning of its animation so it survives a striker slam and shoulder charge and survives a direct hit hammer. This is really dumb since it means it's an instant win even if someone is really dumb about popping it.

Imo scale that back a fraction so the person using it needs some situational awareness.

Nova warp is impossible to out run in a straight line, and has more range in its pop than a striker slam which lol. It also goes through walls and bridges etc that nothing else seems to. It can also survive a point blank shotgun and follow up punch.

Burning maul is 100% useless in PvP. Give it a movement buff or something. Make the spin close distance maybe?

Golden gun still has some hit detection fuckery but it's mostly fine.

Most other stuff seems fine-ish I don't see a lot of spectral blades but it seems ok but I still don't get how their balance has stuff like:
Dawn blade you can throw 10 blades, move super fast everywhere but hammers doesn't get a movement buff. You can throw I think 6 if you spam them (iirc) the projectiles are slower moving and track less but In exchange you get your enemies to explode but it's inconsistent in proccing and doesn't deal as much damage as graviton spooge.

The vanilla supers need a buff to bring them up to the current level. Especially nova bomb.

Weapon balance is pretty good at the moment outside of telesto, you could argue certain dusk rock blues should have their wings clipped too. The range at which it can click your lights out is stupid.

Heavy spawns in comp in general need to gently caress off quite a bit though. It should take twice as long as it does now to spawn up. I played a game last night where a dude got 18 grenade launcher kills because he didn't stop camping the heavy crouched with a grenade launcher and a one eyed mask. Dude could shoot the poo poo out of his grenades but it spawns waaaay too often in comp especially in survival, control and clash.

I dunno. I played a lot of comp in the last 4 days and that mode is far from polished.

Not hard to make the argument some adjustments are needed when you load into games and there's 4 hunters running blade barrage and 3 nova warps.

[extremely Titan voice]

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

cvnvcnv posted:

??? Yeah, and utility of the Titan bubble is now mobile and can kill poo poo. Blade Dancer evolved to now invis and attack at the same time. Supers being different isn't a point. Yeah, D1 shutdown is different than D2.

Supers have been killing other supers since always, man. What are you even talking about? I used to kill all sorts of supers with Golden Gun, like going two-shot on Titan bubbles and using the third to kill the nerd. Was that bullshit or was it Destiny? Would it be better for you for Hunters to go back in time so they can throw their arm up and hold their cute glowing gun in the air and die like a poon as anime warlocks and Captain America Titans murder them with ease? Would that be less """"""bullshit""""""" enough?

[extremely hunter voice]

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Quick somebody say voidlocks are weak

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Insane Totoro posted:

One of the Moanas received hate mail.

She sent back the only reasonable response

Props for the PS4 real name

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Speaking of which I fought this hero last night

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

After playing 42 gambit matches in the past two days, let me say: queen breaker is really obnoxious.

What gets me is that I probably played 30+ of those in a squad of at least 2, and usually more, and the majority of the times that I ran up against 4 stacks was solo.

If the charts posted earlier are right and gambit is the second most popular activity in the game, there’s really no excuse for that.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Emron posted:

I had a 27 guardian kill gambit match last night. I think I had 3-4 AoO medals in it. We lost.

Lol that owns

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

They’re level gating rather than just time hating because it gives people a reason to play. They’re just desperate to avoid the content droughts that turned destiny 1 into either people playing 24/7 or complying 24/7 (while still playing).

It’s stupid but what can you do, the destiny fan base seems to think they have to play this game literally every day or it’s poo poo.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Kiavahr posted:

^^^^^^

Burned through all my easy milestones this week and only made it to 604 but tried the forge anyway. First round went fine but then the second round adds got red icons and it all went to poo poo. Progressive level increases within a single activity was dumb in EP and is even dumber here. I achieved victory by deleting d2 off my hard drive so I wouldn't be tempted to waste any more time on this bullshit

I wouldn’t exactly go this far but I agree with the sentiment. It’s funny how I started playing again like a month after Forsaken and spent the entirety of season 4 “catching up” and now I’m doing the exact same thing again and I’m not sure why.

Probably just gonna hang it up again until the TLW quest, no biggie!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Gambit is boring but I’m very excited to see where they go with it because the mode has a lot of potential. Competitive PvE is something people ITT have asked for for years.