Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Michael Carrick has signed a one year extension. I guess that's a good thing because he can still be useful in a very limited role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Shrapnig posted:

United have fuckall for cover in center midfield since they sold Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger so that's not the worst thing in the world.

Yep, that's the limited role I hope he'll play. If he's the first choice in any kind of strategy at this point, someone's hosed up.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

PirateBob posted:

Griezmann has reportedly put in a transfer request and has maybe agreed personal terms with Man Utd

Not sure he's worth £85m or how we're gonna use him but yay I guess :toot:

I think he'll be great, but I really hope United have a solid plan beyond buying him, because god drat United need more than Griezmann to be good.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

PirateBob posted:

Griezmann has tweeted "now more than ever, Atletico"

Never really wanted him anyway :colbert:

He could've been great or he could never have fit into United's weird-rear end system. I guess we'll never know, but I really hope United have a backup plan because the team kinda does need a winger in addition to a bunch of other players.

E: more than anything I'm glad this nonsense got wrapped up in early June instead of dragging on until the end of August or something.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The Premier League have now confirmed Zlatan has been released.

I hope the club still support his recovery.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Apparently papers in the UK reporting that Wayne "I've had loads of offers and just have to decide between them" Rooney has in fact zero (0) takers and is going nowhere. He's starting his pre-season training in June in a desperate effort to reach some semblance of fitness in hopes of getting a place in Mourinho's squad next season.

Frankly I'll be livid if he does end up robbing game time from someone with an actual future, like Pereira or Gomes. Just gently caress off already, Rooney.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Gigi Galli posted:

Does Rooney still start for England? I'd imagine he'd be doing everything possible to get a consistent starting position rather than just making GBS threads it up on the bench.

Where, though? There's talk that Everton wanted him but balked at his wage demands, so short of China I don't think there's many big paydays available for Rooney. And if he goes to China, I don't think he's starting for England anyway.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Jason Sextro posted:

wanna see Rooney leave United so I can see the United people go on about how he was never that good anyway

He was good, but never quite as good as he had the potential to be. Then towards the end of the Fergie era his years of lovely living started catching up to him and he went downhill fast. These past few seasons he's been downright poo poo.

Fergie had absolutely the right idea when he pretty much told the club to sell Rooney as he was retiring, but I kinda understand why Moyes as a fresh and uncertain manager didn't want to lose the club's biggest star to Chelsea. Still, the ridiculous contract he got from Moyes is why Rooney is now next to impossible to shift despite the fact that he hasn't been United quality (or even Premier League quality) for a while now.

webmeister posted:

Rooney looked totally at home playing against a bunch of retirees during Carrick's testimonial match, the pace and pressure of the match really seemed to suit him.

The REALLY SAD thing about this is that actual literal retirees looked fitter and better on the pitch than Wayne Rooney who was a couple of weeks out of his most recent competitive match.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jun 11, 2017

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I don't think Rooney is leaving this summer tbh, and it's probably the best call for him personally. The only exception I could see would be if he got a regular playing spot on a decent/good team in a good/great league, like the Premier League or one of the top European leagues. And that doesn't seem very likely.

Going to China doesn't make much sense for Rooney. Thanks to Moyes' financial wizardry he's already one of the top paid footballers in the world. He wouldn't get much of a pay raise (if any) in China, and in exchange for that he'd have to essentially give up on ever playing for England again, uproot his family for a couple of years, live in a strange culture (I don't think Rooney is the type of person to consider this a plus) away from his extended family and play in an awful league.

If he's not going to be getting England call ups anyway, he might as well just ride the bench at United, get paid for very little work and hang around with his family / mates.

I don't think United are getting rid of him without buying out his contract or something. I honestly think he was hedging his bets on getting a good contract from Everton or some other close by club where he could get regular starts and get back into the England picture.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

sticksy posted:

Hard to tell which one would be the Turtle of that group.

It's turtles all the way down.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Sky are apparently reporting that Rooney has now "decided" he wants to stay at United after all.

It makes sense for him but not the club, god damnit.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Jose posted:

newcastle should sign some players imo

Same but for United. One Lindelöf isn't nearly enough for what the team needs. Yes there's still time but the feeling of deja vu from the summer of Fellaini is ominous.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Shrapnig posted:

United have been linked to every single player in the world and the window just officially opened today. Calm your balls.

United are linked to every single player in the world every summer. This year there were obviously some targets like Griezmann which fell through and frankly I don't have much faith in Woodward & co to begin with, much less to recover.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

britishbornandbread posted:

Fat Man Custis at the Sun saying Rooney to Everton done by end of the week.

Please god.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

PirateBob posted:

Wait, there's a report saying that Everton just want Rooney on loan with Utd paying half of his wages. Cheeky bastards. In that case we'd only be saving £6.25m compared to having him on the bench all season. He's next to useless, but surely that's a bad deal for Utd.

Really goes to show you where Rooney's priorities lie. Dude's already rich as gently caress, has the chance to finish his career at his boyhood club while possibly making a bid at World Cup 2018 if he gets regular play time and can regain his form (lol he can't) but he's loving it all up by demanding so much money that United would have to pay half of it for it to happen.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Rooney shouldn't be starting for any Premier League team.

Agreed but you'd expect that and fighting for a place at the 2018 World Cup to be the goal for Mr Captain of the English Brave Lions National Team instead of demanding such ridiculous wages that he'll be sitting in the stands at United.

Vegetable posted:

Where does he play? Is he an out-and-out striker or a forward who can play across the line?

It's Arsenal so "the physio table".

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

curried lamb of God posted:

Are United basically giving up on Tony Marshall?

Yeah, it's a real head scratcher. Martial's numbers weren't great last year, but that's no wonder considering he's been shunted out onto the wings and had limited game time. I don't think he's flourishing under Mourinho's bizarre "I'll call you a soft oval office in the papers until you harden the gently caress up" man management strategy, and I'm not surprised.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The highest of authorities, United's club photographer, is tweeting that United have Lukaku. Andy Mitten too.

https://twitter.com/CraigNorwood/status/882893203137015808

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Hoops posted:

I used to be a big fan of Big Rom, but I feel like I've gone off him a lot, in the last few hours, kinda hate him now, I can't quite explain it it's funny.

Sounds like a case of sudden onset racism imo

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Hoops posted:

The antagonism that United fans feel towards one of their all time greatest players and record goalscorer has always been so bizarre. They're delighted that he's declined.

I think it's because he's working class.

Nobody is delighted he's declined. He's declined to a point where he's an active detriment on the field and still keeps getting picked for games and keeps hanging around because an incompetent muppet man gave him a ridiculous contract. We're delighted because he's finally being shipped off, some years after falling below a level required from a Manchester United player.

It's not really his fault (beyond not taking enough care of himself over the years) and he was definitely great in his prime, but his prime is years and years behind him.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

PirateBob posted:

What will the chels do now? Try to hang on to Costa? They were willing to match the 75+15m bid for Lukaku so they must be pretty desperate.

:ohdear:

After Conte sacked him through a text you'd think there's no chance of that but who knows!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Sky Sports and The Sun reporting that Inter and United are either close to a deal or have agreed a £40 million deal for Perisic. The Sun are going as far as claiming Perisic is flying to the US for his medical and to meet his teammates but maybe take that with a grain of salt?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

There's talk that Madrid want De Gea again, but I don't think they're getting him. He still has two years left on his contract and after the Morata debacle United probably aren't in a selling mood.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Delighted to see my boy Hernandez back in the PL even if it is for the West Hams.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Hmm how about the world's premiere aerial threat and best header of the ball Marouaine Fellaini?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

trem_two posted:

Galatasaray's sporting director said that they are in negotiations with Fellaini over personal terms, and that he's definitely leaving Man United this summer.

Please Allah.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

blue footed boobie posted:

He's not too attractive right now,

I'm pretty sure he's looked like that all his life tbh

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The Express claiming Chelsea are going for Bale, and Madrid are willing to sell to make room for Mbappe. Probably bollocks but there you go.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/837365/Gareth-Bale-Transfer-News-Real-Madrid-Chelsea-Kylian-Mbappe-Premier-League-Antonio-Conte

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Jose posted:

it definitely doesn't gently caress transfers up for clubs in those leagues that can't afford those prices

Gosh, they should just get bought up by slave driving Saudi oil billionaires or dodgy Chinese guys. I mean get with the program, guys!

E: or fat Americans who look like lawn ornaments.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

CyberPingu posted:

PSG gonna get shut down for financial fuckery.

They aren't going to get even a slap on the wrist because FIFA and UEFA are firmly in the same pocket that's financing their dodgy dealings.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Paperhouse posted:

If he's poo poo he doesn't have to play

Wanna bet if Mourinho sees it that way?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Hey guys football is saved because UEFA have vowed to put the FFP violators back in line!

quote:

MONACO -- UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin gave the strongest indication yet that his organisation was ready to "severely" punish clubs who violate Financial Fair Play (FFP) regulations.

"I am very serious, you will see," he said on Friday, speaking to a group of journalists the day after the UEFA Champions League draw. "We will try to help [the clubs respect the rules]. We will try to advise them [on legal points related to FFP]. But [if they don't comply] we will punish. And we will punish severely."

"I am not talking about PSG. I am talking about every club in Europe. We are monitoring the situation, the transfer window is not closed yet. Trust me, we're working on it," Ceferin said, adding that, in any case, club spending this summer would be subject to the FFP assessment process, which looks at spending over a three year period.

Yeah don't want to single out PSG and upset their slave driving oil sheikh owners, might jeopardize your own payday. Better come down like a ton of bricks on some Championship side instead.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

T Bowl posted:

You really think Liverpool will pay that for either of those players?

And furthermore, do you really think Southampton will sell for that amount considering they've got Liverpool dead to rights for tapping up and don't need to sell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Bape Culture posted:

Ox is not good. I genuinely don't understand the bizarre hype that appeared for like 2 weeks. During which he sucked rear end.

He's a Liverpool player now so he must secretly be an amazing talent.

• Locked thread