Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
i'm seth rich

ama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Raylen posted:

why did you let that robber rob you? where was your gun???????

I did not let the bandit steal from me, but once I had been stolen from, I pardoned the crime. I had no guns, only a dagger.

Sloober posted:

Whats ir like being murdered by $hillary. I mean Killary

I was not murdered, unless you call being made to suffer a betrayal so great that one runs a dagger through oneself murder.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Charliegrs posted:

Thank you for coming out and putting this dumb Russian-Trump conspiracy to rest.

Also who really killed OJs wife?

I do not know anyone named OJ. As for my wife, after I pardoned the bandit and allowed them to have off with my wife, I did not concern myself for whether they lived or died.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
acadians in quebec would probably want nothing to do with mostly-anglophonic christian fundamentalist acadians in louisiana

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

quote:

"We will have to convince the American people to convince Mark," a spokesperson for the PAC said in an email, noting that 2020 is still awhile away."

duterte did the same thing basically

why is the guy who is totally not running for president doing presidential campaign things

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
https://twitter.com/jackallisonLOL/status/868180458076606464/video/1

i look forward to a health care policy crafted around my genetic faults

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
guys just give the billionaire tech baron who has donated to various republican campaigns that favored deregulation, is head of a company with diversity issues and is poo poo at enforcing other countries' anti-hate-speech laws, and has no public service record to speak of a chance

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
Deak, Don't Speak

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
goon project: let's get some black panthers elected to congress

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
let's get some poc liberation marxists some spots in statehouses and some assault rifles for them to defend it with. also we rig the statehouse so that any time a flabby rich white oldman tries to say something about sincerely held beliefs or traditional cultural values to counter them, a bucket of green doubledare slime pours its contents from the ceiling onto them

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
anyone who argues that giving minorities guns will lead to a dangerous reactionary backlash, i already took care of that with the doubledare slime. anyone who would have spoken up will be cowed into silence knowing they will be next to get green slime on them

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
my presidential platform is:

-one free bag of drug of choice to every american every year
-dog vouchers
-shawarma saturdays
-keynesian infrastructure project: 20 new planned cities which will host all the refugees
-make some new states, ones that are majority-minority
-mean people outlawed!
-armed forces are too armed. start concentrating on leg day
-no more mandatory gender
-fix everything
-nothing wrong with me

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
e: post

Rodatose fucked around with this message at 18:37 on May 30, 2017

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

what will trump's base say when a hurricane obliterates southern coastal states and there's no leader in FEMA or NOAA.

will he try to blame it on the dems? something like "they keep blocking my picks!" will he make no statement and then send spicer out to not answer questions about it?

this madness ends somewhere. it might end on glowing-fish's front lawn as floodwaters draw deep into montana and threaten his mountain-top log cabin.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.85b6549ac25c

probably mostly silent, though by the comments here some will bring up gender neutral bathrooms in response.

Rodatose fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jun 2, 2017

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Majorian posted:

Putin's a monster, but NATO should never have expanded after the Cold War. That made this madness inevitable.:smith:

alternatively, it should have included russia as part of a bridging of relationships, presented alongside a new marshall plan for post soviet states instead of the selling off of state assets to private contractors and oligarchs in a fire sale.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

BarbarianElephant posted:

I hope you are right. Me, I think people get more right wing as they get older.

maybe people get more right wing the more property they have. old people who grew up with post WWII prosperity will be more likely to have accrued some property that they want to shelter from taxation.

maybe it's the particular media environment for each generation

there are plenty of other factors that go alongside age

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
this avatar paid for by the silent majority

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
remember the death of the patriot seth rogen, asssassinated by the democrates for leaking the email

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Despera posted:

Marx would have gone full capitalism now if the people in West Virginia were representative of the working class comrade.

do you know what the word lumpenprole means

there's a short section in the chapter about compulsory education in capital about how capitalism made a generation with a sub-population of physically and mentally "degenerated" brits.

e:
the point being marx lived in the time where the forces of progress were a lot more patriarchal and disdainful of cultural groups outside of their own. they wouldn't be uniquely appalled by west virginians. would probably call them wretches or unfortunates in their writing

Rodatose fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jul 15, 2017

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Despera posted:

I like this "poor people are utterly helpless to help themselves, unless big brother is there to save them" trope. Just because you wont move, doesn't entitle you to a job. You can't make jobs out of thin air.

you can it's called a government jobs program

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Despera posted:

How do people with no money not starve to death in the streets?

food stamps, which can be used for food but not moving expenses

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Despera posted:

It's just giving them money. Moving dirt in WVA doesn't actually do anything

yeah jobs give people money

plus a national jobs program doesn't have to stay in a single state. people can be hired from all over to work in other places. you know that the US military or the jobs corp doesn't do all of its work locally

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
also jobs corps can build infrastructure and capital in economically depressed areas that makes it so there is something in a place where there once wasn't. government has the ability to put down initial capital outlays to develop places where extractive private capital firms haven't helped create an economy that helps its citizens

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennessee%96Tombigbee_Waterway#Economic_impact

quote:

When completed the Tenn-Tom waterway’s total cost was $1.992 billion, including non-federal costs, which led some political and economic commentators to deride the Tenn-Tom waterway as "pork-barrel politics at its worst.”[5] For the first few years after its creation these criticisms appeared somewhat valid...

The 1988 drought, however, closed the Mississippi River and shifted traffic to the Tenn-Tom canal.[8] This coincided with an economic turnaround on the Tennessee-Tombigbee corridor, wherein trade tonnage and commercial investment have increased steadily over several years.

The two primary commodities shipped via the Tenn-Tom are coal and timber products, together comprising about 70 percent of total commercial shipping on the waterway.[11] The Tenn-Tom also provides access to over 34 million acres (140,000 km2) of commercial forests and approximately two-thirds of all recoverable coal reserves in the nation.

According to a 2009 Troy University study, since 1996 the United States has realized a direct, indirect, and induced economic impact of nearly $43 billion due to the existence and usage of the Tenn-Tom Waterway, and it has directly created more than 29,000 jobs.[11]

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Shifty Pony posted:

So what you are saying is that all foods are homeopathic medicines?

the main way that the fda is authorized to act is through truth in advertising and labeling, because its creation (or rather, 1938 reorganization from the 1906 act whose enforcement could easily be evaded by a huge loophole in the wording) and the legislation lining out its funding and powers came in response to old timey proprietary medicines killing people, especially the untested Elixir out of bristol tennessee which killed 107 people. Based on the 1906 act the feds at the time could only move on it because it was incorrectly labeled, not because it was poisonous.

the fda is and always has been seriously underfunded so the most effective way they work is through truth in labeling lawsuits. one of the main reasons they have expanded powers today is because of homeopathic medicines.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

muon posted:

Nazis are extremely bad. They are also human, and as such, deserve 1st Amendment protection. This is not a defense of their speech or anything they endorse. It is a reminder that free speech is incredibly important to the health of any democratic endeavor and it is imperative that human rights remain inviolable.

nah, actually germany has outlawed swastikas and they haven't become a drooling unthinking hivemind as a result

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
the important thing to remember on this day when a protester at a rally for people who are into white supremacy and who regularly express the need to genocide minorities in order to preserve civilization drove their car into a bunch of people is that free speech is an ideal more valuable than people's lives.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Then get a constitutional amendment passed saying "the above text does not apply to Nazis".

it already doesn't apply to people who, say, passed out pamphlets saying not to fight in WWI.

of course nazis are more often in the service of the american state than against it so I could see where the line could be drawn

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
people have a lot of lovely opinions

the world isn't made a better place if people are empowered to voice 100% of them all of the time; in fact every rear end in a top hat piping up whenever they want causes conflict

where is this line drawn? that's a good question. but unrestricted free speech is not an obtainable ideal (it's inevitably given exceptions and double standards favoring entrenched power) nor should it be sought because it does not have good results

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
imagine that the words "Kill <name of you, the reader>" are painted tastefully onto a canvas and mounted in your local library, is that protected free speech? There will be a tiny disclaimer at the bottom saying "this is not actionable speech. do not kill <name>." and another note saying "we at the library do not endorse any views of artists on display." just to make it certain that this is only about pure expression and exchange of ideas.

Would you feel safe about this happening in your town, to you? Is there any benefit to public welfare in allowing it to happen? Okay now imagine it says kill blacks and the library is mainstream news sites or college campuses allowing that message to spread.

Rodatose fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Aug 13, 2017

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Krispy Kareem posted:

Which goes back to the problem of a centrally planned economy. There were shocks and disruptions in the West too, but they handled them better.

Domestically, yes

But not w/r/t foreign involvement, bc western nations shunt off the shocks of development to either foreign nations whose land and labor are exploited more, or to groups of second class citizens at home (esp. with prison labor)

I dont think the masses who have died in a destabilized middle east due to oil wars would say the west handled it well

Rodatose fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Aug 20, 2017

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Gort posted:

Take it to the bad thread, assholes.

all threads are bad, comrade

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
A deadchild

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Trabisnikof posted:

Its called somethibf awful, not somethong swnsitivr.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

KickerOfMice posted:

MJ... You alright? :v:

This might come as a shock to you. I just heard the new's myself. But... Michael Jackson Is Dead.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
I am ronaldo sportshaver. today I come out in makeup that looks like i was shot multiple times and lay down for the anthem so that it's very explicit what the protest is about since america is bad at subtlety

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
our team puts on a short one act play during the anthem where the villains are medieval highwaymen stop-and-frisking us even though most of us are teenagers or kids. I have the part of a working mother who is killed for not giving in to the demands of a highwayman who is wearing a white hood. a grand jury is the chorus is watching this and they decide to not indict

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
instead of the national anthem our team stands for "liberation" by outkast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

evilweasel posted:

im sorry why the gently caress does the debt need to be dealt with now

could be shock doctrine

pence was head of the council of "let's kick around ideas to privitize things" in response to katrina

if there's a crisis, you can use it to pack as many of your cronies into the privitized rebuilding process and spin it as a fiscal necessity

• Locked thread