Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

theflyingorc posted:

is this completely accurate? he just got hannity's attention to promote his album?

hannity is insanely gullible - i can't remember who it was but someone tweeted hannity with the following convo:

somebody: "hey DM me i have a hot scoop on clinton's emails or whatever"

hannity over DM: "really? what is it?"

somebody over DM: "you're an rear end in a top hat lol"

hannity over DM: "gently caress you"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Your Taint posted:

Now I kind of want to see if he'll bite if I offer him "documents" about something juicy but are really just photocopies of my balls.

there is a super high chance he will but iirc this is also illegal

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
^^^ gently caress :argh:

GreyjoyBastard posted:

My personal favorite is the Chemical Safety Board for 12m a year. If it saves three lives a year, it's a good bargain. Pretty sure it saves more.

they can gently caress off with that the CSB owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdDuHxwD5R4

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Chilichimp posted:

I think CBS, i dunno.

I'd wager decent change that Colbert gets more viewers than whatever is on Fox at the same time.

but that's comparing a broadcast network to cable news, which is apples and oranges. like fox creams itself for being the highest rated cable news channel but outside of that category it gets spanked by basically anything with mild popularity

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
so the trump women didn't cover their hair for the king of saudi arabia but they did for the pope

or is melania just projecting real hard here by preemptively sporting her mourning wear

https://twitter.com/Louiseontwitr/status/867287155202281473

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Fitzy Fitz posted:

As much as we complain about echo chambers and the increasing partisan divide in the country, what the gently caress are we supposed to do about it? That woman in Walmart is the norm. Every time I make the mistake of glancing at the comment section of a news article that involves race, I see a bunch of people like her. These people are loving gross, and it's seriously depressing to interact with them.

mock them. there's no arguing with them, just tell them why they are wrong in a calm voice like you are correcting a child and then maybe throw in a clever, polite insult if you want. no name calling, just demonstrate your literacy

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Azathoth posted:

DeVos wants all education to be private and gently caress you if you don't make enough to send your kids to a "good" school (or even any school). It's totally worth it to put the screws to those fat-cat unionized teachers.

to be fair, the end goal of this is not to break up teachers unions

the end goal of this is to reintroduce religious education and indoctrination into american schools

devos is a christian dominionist

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Captain Invictus posted:

I've never played a far cry game but that's the first one that sounds remotely interesting, dunno if there's even been a game with that premise. Feel like I'd have hears fox news or something going absolutely ballistic about it.

it will easily be the second best far cry after blood dragon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dofacvjRkc

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Meme Emulator posted:

Too bad they havent done anything about what a piece of repetitive garbage every single game they make is.

are you talking about ubisoft here, or {insert successful AAA game dev studio} instead?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

glowing-fish posted:

I know they don't directly touch the Atlantic, but they are very close to the East Coast, and there are no mountains or natural barriers.

Its a short drive with no intervening mountains between Grand Rapids and New York City, so its pretty much the East Coast.

the appalachian mountains are a thing bro

glowing-fish posted:

They are both states with no wilderness areas, no mountains, similar population densities, most of their population lives in a few megapolises. Also, states where people are parochial and backwards. If I am talking to someone from either state, I have to remember not to bite my tongue when they talk about mountains, and not to smirk condescendingly when they talk in conspirational whispers about buying marijuana.

new york has the appalachians and the adirondacks. the highest point in new york state is a little over a mile above sea level

evilweasel posted:

i wonder if glowing fish isn't really clear on how oceans work and thinks that can stop the mighty ocean is a Real Mountain so every so often the entire atlantic floods all the way to, uh, colorado

he keeps posting his lovely medium article about rural america which is based on FDA definitions of ruralness and not the us census bureau so no, he's not very well educated

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Family Values posted:

I'm going to agree with the general point that the eastern third of the country is extremely different both in terms of population density and attitudes to the western half of the country. Whether you call the eastern third of the country the "east coast" or not is pretty irrelevant. You've all seen the population density map so I don't see why this is such a radical concept except that you want to argue pedantry about 'coast' and 'mountain'.

it's pretty funny to poke at the goon who struggles with american geography and who claims the appalachian mountains aren't mountains. goons doubling down on their own stupidity is what makes this forum keep lurching forwards

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

How are u posted:

Slamming a loving nerdy-rear end Liberal news reporter is not going to cause any Republicans to hesitate to vote for that shithead.

For real, guys.

i know it's weirdly cathartic and nihilistic to pretend half the country are raving lunatics but it turns out assaulting people for no good reason is not popular among most americans. go outside once in a while

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Elotana posted:

I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything.

yeah and that hurt him pretty bad before they were able to swing things back around to butter emails

pumpinglemma posted:

I remember when I thought that a sizeable minority of Republicans were sane enough to be turned away by criminal, morally repellent behaviour captured on tape. It was back before they elected an admitted serial sexual assaulter to the White House.

remember trump lost the popular vote by nearly 3m votes

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

should have said MANSION instead of APARTMENT, 9.5/10

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Bishounen Bonanza posted:

You might be the one who needs to go outside and interact with other people. A fair amount of the people I interact with on a daily basis would say that liberal reporter deserved it, and the rest don't give a poo poo one way or the other. There is nothing nihilistic about confronting the truth. Most Americans either don't care or approve of the creeping fascism.

i'm sorry you work at a prison but that's not an accurate slice of america

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

It's semi correct. Two Americas and all.

yes and even in bad america there's less people that approve of attacking others for doing their job than disapprove

i know this thread is super prone to chicken little bullshit but sometimes it's just chokingly sadbrains

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

gohmak posted:

So does the assault on the journalist help Gianforte or hurt him in Montana?

some small portion of die hards will be all macho about kicking the reporters rear end but generally people who aren't crazy favor civil discourse and assaulting a journalist for asking an innocent question is an extremely bad look

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Classtoise posted:

I'll be totally honest, I have no idea what literally anything you are harping about has to do with either American Politics OR Donald Trump.

he's drunk and or a :fishmech: level sperg who can't let an argument go despite universal opposition to his idiocy

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

AShamefulDisplay posted:

Mountain chat: my cousin's partner came out west to visit the family a couple years ago and we took her to Mount Ranier. She's been to the Ozarks, been to the Appalachians, etc but once we got up to Lake Tipsoo, even she was saying that anything east of the Rockies were just hills.

i'm very impressed that your cousin's partner was able to recognize the relative difference in height across different types of mountains. thank you for sharing, this was very brave

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Huzanko posted:

How do you know the age of every goon? Can I have access to the system that tells you that?

most goons who still post are reregs, there are less legit new accounts than there are goons who haven't stopped posting here yet. i first signed up back in 2002 when i was a teen, i'm in my thirties now. teens generally don't even know how to find something awful unlike back in the early days when most teens didn't use the internet and the only ones who wanted to post on comedy forums were generally gamer nerds (still why the games forum is the biggest subforum on sa)

like no, there's no survey of goon ages, but given the forum's userbase stagnation it's likely that most goons still posting here are old timers and not relatively young recent newregs (tho there are a substantial contingent of those)

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

BarbarianElephant posted:

The requirement to have a credit card to sign up and actually pay money means that the userbase is going to be largely 18+. $10 isn't much but why bother when Reddit is free?

this was true back in 2002 as well. young protogoons find their way here via the dissemation of goonish culture like weird twitter, chapo trap house, even 4chan sort of, but not many of them make the long trek into hell

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

NikkolasKing posted:

Wait, what do you mean here? Why would a White Supremacist get mad about what happened to the Branch Davidians? They were a kooky Christian cult but I don't think race had anything to do with it. I've seen a black survivor of the group on an interview show.

white supremacists generally hate the government and altho the branch dividians were kooky jesus freaks, the FBI response was overly militaristic and heavy handed - this is why they don't raid nutters anymore like at malheur and prefer to wait them out

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

TGLT posted:

Because the ATF(edit: brain fart with Ruby Ridge) were the ones doing the sieging. It has nothing to do with who the Branch Davidians actually were. poo poo it's not even about the actual siege so much as the myth of the siege.

edit: Anyways, I'd go out on a limb and say most militia types or really most of anyone don't know much about the Branch Davidians. I know the general tone I got from my uncle on this poo poo amounts to thinking they're just sort of weird isolationist Christians who liked guns, and not a doomsday cult way into sexual abuse. poo poo just sort of gets glossed over.

the initial raid was ATF. after that the siege was conducted by a group of organizations - ATF, Texas Rangers, Texas National Guard iirc? - with ultimate authority resting with the FBI, who launched the assault which ended up destroying the compound and killing the besieged branch davidians

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Alkydere posted:

Insisting any part of Texas as anything but Texas.

Seriously, what is this "Greater Appalacia" bullshit extending all the loving way to pick up Austin, let alone West loving Texas and nibbling into New Mexico?

it's stupid bullshit for idiots

behold a more likely map of postunion breakaway states

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

VitalSigns posted:

Quebec and New Orleans are the same culture because uh there's some French in there I guess :effort:

new orleans and atlanta are more similar than new orleans and montreal. the only thing montreal and nola have in common nowadays is that they're both somewhat depressed, bohemian port cities with deep and credible cultural pride

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

paranoid randroid posted:

Me, Lying in a Bath Tub Full of Ice with Sutures Over Where My Kidney Should Be: *slowly raises one hand to give you a thumbs up* Doin' alright, man.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Burning_Monk posted:

Ya, Stone Cold's logic was pretty dumb. "guns are a loving bad thing" because people are irresponsible with it is as bad and argument as "[anything] is a loving bad thing" could be used. It's an argument a kid makes.

Guns can be used for [bad thing]. But are guns mostly used for [bad thing]? Again what's the number of deaths that make it appropriate to talk about it? Can we discuss cigarettes? Power tools? Are you for removing all hand saws because they could be used irresponsibly or maybe setup some kind of regulations on use? Stone cold made no distinction so he gets a jello joke.

Stone Cold's post made no distinction. "guns are a loving bad thing" was his argument.

the best thing about guns in america is that they are more frequently used to commit suicide than homicide. for this reason alone i oppose gun control

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
if a gun owner shoots himself in the face does that count as a self defensive action and a proper use of second amendment rights to end a deadly threat from a crazed gunman?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Party Plane Jones posted:

So Wiegel responded to somebody about this Kathy Griffin thing that they refused to link:

https://twitter.com/TheAnonJournal/status/869618813289082880

Twitter is already abuzz with SO MUCH FOR THE TOLERANT LEFT

the comic with the spaceman trying to pick which button to push and the buttons are labeled "SO MUCH FOR THE TOLERANT LEFT" and "TRIGGERED CUCKS NEED SAFE SPACES"

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Willo567 posted:

While I agree that Trump is a piece of poo poo, I'm worried that stuff like this will cause the Democrats to lose in 2020

how is this in any way associated with the democrats? if crazy people out there are going to vote trump to stick it to imaginary liberals in their minds then you have zero control over whatever irrational poo poo is going on in their heads. dont buy into this stupid guilt trip mentality where you have to be nice to people to court their vote instead of just treating them like an adult because eventually they'll be all "well you didn't bend over and suck my dick so i voted for trump, i didn't move right the left just abandonded me"

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Unzip and Attack posted:

While it's true that the Kathy Griffin thing isn't going to drive away otherwise reasonable people who will now vote R, this is just the sort of thing that gives the Right even the tiniest opening to convince apolitical people to stay home and not vote at all, which does hurt the Dems.

this is the party of fake news, blood cults, and pizza gate - they don't need anything grounded in reality to create openings to make people stay home. a huge portion of the united states electorate is disconnected from rational thought so we don't need to worry about the details of artistic statements driving crazy or ignorant people away

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Unzip and Attack posted:

Progressive/left leaning moderate voters aren't bloodthirsty shitlords, hth.

pretty weird that you can understand this but you don't understand the difference between statements like a lovely effigy hanging from a tree in someone's yard vs. a celebrity posing for a headshot with a prop as part of some other artistic statement. like maybe they're not both calls for violence?????

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mozi posted:

The time has passed for worrying about how people who are in the wrong will be offended. (For one, they will always be offended and you'll have given up your authenticity.) Freedom of speech needs to be fought for, ferociously.

also we don't need to consider the equivalencies between someone ranting about obama being a communist kenyan n****r out to destroy america, and someone commenting on trump's infantile mindset and his likely personality disorders which lay at the heart of his dysfunctional administration. both of these are negative statements towards the presidency but it turns out one of these statements has much more merit than the other!!!

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

BarbarianElephant posted:

Silly celebrities should think for 5 seconds about the contents of their "performance art." If you wouldn't like it if someone did it to Obama, don't do it.

people did do it to obama, all the time, constantly. this is an idiotic argument

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Unzip and Attack posted:

Giving the GOP even the smallest amount of ammo to build a false comparison narrative is what hurts the Dems. Clinton being a super-wealthy person with ties to Wall St and a history of questionable ethical decision-making allowed the narrative of "both are bad" to flower, abetted by the horserace-hungry media.

There is a huge double standard in what's acceptable political speech for conservatives and progressives in this country. Sorry if that's a shock to anyone but Kathy Griffin holding a severed head of the President gives the Right exactly what they need to perpetuate it.

the GOP can conjure ammo out of thin air, because it turns out a substantial portion of their base are extremely angry, ignorant, and gullible. there's no reason to walk around on eggshells trying not to offend the crazies when they believe in defunding planned parenthood to shut down the black market trade in infant livers

there are vast, untapped mines of hillary clinton murders waiting for the GOP to dig up more ammo for false narratives about how liberals are the real racists. decorum doesn't really matter in an environment where many of the participants can't understand simple statements or sort fact from fiction

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Unzip and Attack posted:

Like I said before, this one incident doesn't spell doom for 2018. What will is an increasing tolerance for violent expression by progressives. I hope this isn't indicative of that.

how is a provocative photoshoot a violent statement? and before you say "well these people will interpret it that way" keep in mind that most of them are mentally nonfunctional and you should not appeal to their ability to discern reality correctly

also lol at "increasing tolerance for violent expression by progressives" here's the chronological fallacy again, everything is getting worse from this point forwards and the past shouldn't be looked at at all, why back in my day progressives were kind and polite and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5fts7bj-so

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

TyroneGoldstein posted:

This is correct. This has always been correct and I'm disappointed this even needs to be stated here when people on this very board who actually follow politics have said...repeatedly...that with the Democratic Party and it's constituents the single most important thing going into a Presidential election is to build the coalition and get everyone on board with the love fest. We cannot rely on garbage agitprop. It does not work in this era with left wing ideas.

it turns out you can do... both? is that possible, doing two things at once? no, surely, this cannot be... i cannot look at the kathy griffin images while also encouraging people to vote... i must choose, a cruel choice...

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Unzip and Attack posted:

I agree except that "we" in this instance is the SA forums, not America at large. 99% of people who see this photo aren't going to give 2 shits about the context or about what Griffin is trying to say. It's great fodder for discussion in this thread, but this thread is not the US.

oh wow, people who read newsmax or drudge are going to decide the liberal left are crazy, and that they shouldn't vote democrat. this is truly a crushing blow. what will we do now that angry old trump voters who distrust mainstream media saw a thing they didn't like on the internet and blamed all democrats everywhere for it

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
may i have your attention please, hello. all liberals, progressives, leftists, and democratic voters in america? please stop it. please stop saying anything, doing anything, going anywhere, or making any noise, activity, or speech which might startle republicans, or make them upset. only then can we retake the white house in 2020. thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Trabisnikof posted:

The number of people calling for Kathy Griffin to be beheaded on twitter shows how easy it is to troll the right.

i thought this should be evident with their preoccupation with safe spaces, snowflakes, fee-fees, cucking, triggering, etc.

• Locked thread