Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

BardoTheConsumer posted:

Edit: 5400 pages. Good Lord.

Hi friend. Thank you for joining us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

highme
May 25, 2001

Your Taint posted:

Forrest Gump should have ran for the seat. He seemed like a good guy.

Sometimes saying nothing is the best course of action. If you did that, this thread would be much better and easier to read because there's not some mad YT mashing the "POAST" button incessantly.

highme
May 25, 2001

Your Taint posted:

Or if you don't want to see my posts you can ignore me. Just a thought.

That works great when the line to dunk on you isn't longer than a line to vote in a majority Black precinct in a southern state and everybody quote's your dumb rear end.

highme
May 25, 2001

JoelJoel posted:

Can I say YT?

It's the new paradox of the thread. Now when somebody mentions YT, are they referring to a homogeneous group of Caucasians, or YT?

highme
May 25, 2001

This old Sportscenter commercial is full of good source material
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlHrbixS7Ws

highme
May 25, 2001

PT6A posted:

That's a major impediment to moving to a no-tipping system. It's really hard to do it one at a time because your prices will look ridiculously bad, even if you'll end up paying the same amount.

I have no idea how many pages back this is at this point. Oregon has no tipped employee exemption, so servers make min wage regardless. Dining prices are comparable to other areas with a similar cost of living and restaurants don't seem to fail any more than normal rates. However, I did move here from Colorado to open an awful chain restaurant. I recall many grumblings in manager meetings about labor costs for floor staff.

Our min wage went up to $11.25 earlier this year and a few places raised prices a little bit, but until I started typing this out, I'd forgotten about it.

highme
May 25, 2001

pokie posted:

Surprised not to see this in the last few pages...

Because it happened hours ago.

highme
May 25, 2001

No worries, I was just explaining why nobody was talking about it.

I don't really care if the same story gets posted to this thread and random parts of the day. This thread moves to fast to expect everybody to read every page so somebody may have missed it earlier and just got the news.

highme
May 25, 2001

He just loving posterized Cruz.

highme
May 25, 2001

Taerkar posted:

I wonder if you can actually find this family.

We're close. My salary is a bit higher, but we get $10-20k a year in farm income, and my wife's eBay hustle is $10-15k a year.

I never thought I'd be the star of a John Cornyn tweet, but here we are.

highme
May 25, 2001

Main Paineframe posted:

My post was a joke :ssh:

I was poking fun at the idiots who got suckered by a "non-partisan" calculator sponsored by Fox News and started fantasizing about how much money they'd save from corporate taxes being slashed into oblivion.

Are you serious? I was under the impression that not only that calculator was extremely accurate, but that the tax code was now so simple that just plugging numbers into that form files your taxes for you as well.

highme
May 25, 2001

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/943160025714954241
https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/943283054369562624

highme
May 25, 2001

Mustached Demon posted:

Happy holidays, comrade.

Unless you mean black Santa.

Black Santa is the best, especially when he's seeking revenge.

https://vimeo.com/davidfwalker/blacksantasrevenge

Feliz Navidad pendejos.

highme
May 25, 2001

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Look y'all. It's 2018 in about 60 hours, at least by the EST. You know what you need? You need confetti launchers. Airless confetti launchers. You haven't lived until you've flung confetti out of a wand and nailed a dude in the eye from thirty paces. Confetti got launched when Northam won, confetti got launched when right to work got denied entry into the state constitution, and let's be real. You're gonna need some loving confetti in about eleven months. Blow up some vacuum cleaners. It's gonna be awesome.

If you're a discerning D&D poster, and I know you are, you're gonna want something you can bring into any party/rally/revolution, and you're gonna need something custom made. All red for your revolution. Blue for your politics. Just red/white/blue combos because America. You need it, and you should get it now. poo poo's made in America. You like American made products. There's a dude in Florida just waiting for your phone call about your future needs.

Let's talk about the ways you're gonna celebrate the coming fight-back. I'm gonna fight back with confetti launched with nothing but my arm and the excitability of a highly-stressed goon, friends. It's gonna be good.

This is from hundreds of posts back (forgive me, I'm on vacation and not really looking at the internet much) but I love this.

I missed the chance to shout "Hey Fancy rear end Ho" at a DCU tailgate and have the whiskey fairy show up. Regardless I appreciate sober Fancy, and everything he does & posts, immensely.

highme
May 25, 2001

vaginadeathgrip posted:

My thumb is so tired from scrolling

Not an empty quote.

highme
May 25, 2001

boner confessor posted:

"i'd rather give up my fridge than my smartphone because i can always just eat at chipotle" jfc

In a thread full of shining examples, you're truly the worst.

Archonex posted:

Jesus christ some of you all are loving dumb.

highme
May 25, 2001

My favorite* thing in the FBI subpoena stuff was his Gmail address leaking, gclarke.cowboy.

* - I mean besides the fact that he's being investigated at all.

highme
May 25, 2001

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Twenty or more years ago, they were random losers who you never heard about because they just quietly did whatever they do, alone.

Years ago I heard an interview on some radio show with a guy was talking about women in high heels squishing bugs as a type of kink some guys are into. I hadn't thought about it in a while, but this reminded me of it. My favorite quote was "people have always had "weird" kinks, now the internet just makes it easier for them to find other people into the same poo poo."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

highme
May 25, 2001

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

What twitter or podcast told everyone to say HENERY a bunch all of a sudden anyway?

That gif has been floating around for a year at least. Don't be so dense that you think this is the first time it's been over used.

• Locked thread