Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snuffman
May 21, 2004

SpeakSlow posted:

On to other news, watch the video of Trump berating the assembled NATO group like they were in a school assembly. They literally can't believe what they're hearing.

This is truly a magical time to follow politics.

You can't tease that and not post a link, sir/madam! :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

So could Kush panic at the prospect of going to prison like Daddy, scream for immunity and throw Trump and the rest of his inner circle under the bus?

Cause man...that'd be just great. :allears:

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

I just want to go back to this for a sec, I'm actually amazed he blocked someone.

All this time, I assumed Trump just tweeted out and never read the responses, because since the Russians turned off the bots the responses are almost universally negative.

She must've really gotten under his skin, perhaps she hit a bit too close? Hmm.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Apparently Trump reads his mentions all the time

Ouch, I'd almost feel bad for him if he wasn't one of the worst people alive.

Almost all the responses to his tweets just seethe with visceral hatred. It's oddly soothing to read them.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Classtoise posted:

There's two theories for it.

1. The first sane theory that they just don't want to delete it and it looks political and they throw a tantrum and poo poo all over the rest of the site.
2. The second sane one is that at least one of the admins is a Trump supporter/donator and doesn't actually want it gone.

Then there's Comedy/Insane Option 3 which is that Reddit is semi-important to anyone but redditors and the FBI wants it open to gather information on the bots that post there.

Option 4, they genuinely believe that by not deleting it, they're keeping it contained from spreading to the internet at large.

Since Voat is choking to death, I'd say option 4 isn't really a worry.

Totally unrelated, I'm starting to think that France has the healthiest democracy because the French Revolution is so ingrained in their cultural blood that the wealthy know they're a guillotine and angry mob away from losing it all that balance needs to be maintained.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Office Pig posted:

Donald Trump will send humanitarian assistance and twitter well-givings to Russia after the first hurricane it has seen in over a century.

North Dakota will see zero in relief funds.

Marlargo will get hit by a hurricane but all the relief aid will go into fixing and upgrading his golf course.

Snuffman fucked around with this message at 23:24 on May 31, 2017

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Willo567 posted:

Off topic, but are there any other good sites for political discussion?

Sometimes I have a bit of free time at work, so I go onto the political threads at Neogaf, but I feel as though they're a lot more hostile. Is it just me?

Metafilter is okay.

The userbase is well informed and the discussion is thorough. The only downside is in the last few years they've fallen deep into the "identity politics-Tumblr-left", so inbetween informative posts, you have to put up with people talking about how they're having "Dissociative episodes", "Literally shaking" and how there "ain't no politics like identity politics".

But its mostly good.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Lightning Lord posted:

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/870745699503267842

I'm sorry if you're living in an area prone to hurricanes :stare:

He couldn't find someone to head FEMA that also doesn't believe Federal-level emergencies happen and/or Hurricanes exist, I take it?

EDIT: Wasn't it Katrina that tanked Dubya? And FEMA was just incompetently led then, not completely leaderless.

:getin:

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Night10194 posted:

I kinda got to say, much as I lust for Donald going down in flames, I'm not really hype for watching entire communities get devastated like Katrina did to New Orleans.

Yeah, sorry, not disaster-hyped.

Let's all hope his dumbass golf course gets washed away instead.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

So my boss (who is somewhat uninformed, in my opinion) seems to think "someone" is testifying tomorrow. Is someone testifying tomorrow? (Note: I am/might be ironically uninformed because I know of no one testifying tomorrow) I know Comey is up Thursday.

Please note, I'm Canadian, so here any "Trump" supporters are basically disregarded as HUGE racists*.

*LOL all the TUMP-alikes bombed in the runup for Conservative leadership so we ended up with a "normal" HATE-THE-GAYS Conservative party leader. Yay, Canada hasn't lost it's mind...yet

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

In lighter news, the Trump brand must be suffering because

Trump Organization to Go Budget Friendly With ‘American Idea’ Hotel Chain

The NYT says: posted:

On Monday, the Trump Organization announced plans for a new three-star hotel chain with a patriotic flair, echoing President Trump’s campaign slogan about putting America first and reflecting the organization’s promise to enter into new deals only in the United States. The intention is to differentiate the chain, called American Idea, by featuring artifacts of American culture in the hotels, such as an old Coca-Cola machine in the lobby or American-made sundries in the rooms.

Quick! We need tacky Motels that our stupid base can afford cause they're too poor to buy our expensive tacky stuff!

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Rigel posted:

It would produce about the same amount of power as 32 coal power plants.

https://twitter.com/Timothy_Cama/status/872207906115993600

Sounds like The Wall is TAKING ARE COAL JERBS! :argh: :911:

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Crain posted:

nevermind, that seems to be it.

He is so visually and audibly repulsive. Glad that was short.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

That seems like the last thing you'd want to do.

Also, ignoring the "PISS TAPES REAL" (which they are, why would he try to start an investigation into proving they're false), there was a ton of incriminating stuff in the Steele Dossier that wasn't about piss.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

The pisstape thing was the Steel (Steele?) Dossier, right? Wasn't there a ton of really damning stuff in there as well? Impeachable stuff?

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

I'm eagerly anticipating Trump's tweet reaction that reaffirms everything in the testimony and further implicates him.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Is John Mccain bonkers?

Two cases can take can take different amounts of time to investigate.

He's acting like they were both under investigation for the same thing. :psyduck:

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

When's Trumpy speaking this afternoon? I eagerly await him going completely off topic and incriminating himself.

EDIT: NM, I missed it and it was short and unremarkable.

Snuffman fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jun 8, 2017

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

evilweasel posted:

I doubt it. There was nothing actually devastating in the DNC emails. Nothing career-ending or the like - just enough to stoke the paranoia of berniebros who believed they'd been robbed and to keep the word "email" in the news against hillary EMAILS EMAILS EMAILS clinton. I'm sure they'd rather they not come out as they'd be annoying, but I'd doubt there's something blackmailable in there enough to control people.

I don't know, I imagine there's some pretty disparaging remarks against Trump and his antics that would be enough to drive a wedge through the Trump supporters and King Cheeto. He's pretty thin skinned.

Also, I'm sure they knew all about his ties to Russia and wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't in the GOP emails as well.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

You mean he hadn't studied this stuff before? Like during the transition? :stare:

"I'm new to this and don't know these darn laws and you're silly constitution, so I guess I'll learn them" is a thing the President of the United States actually said.

:stare:

Where can I see this full conference in all its stupidity?

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Ice Phisherman posted:

You're not surprised. You're not shocked. He'd done none of these things and you know it.

I know, its just some days I still wake up and I'm like: "Wait....Trump is President?"

None of this is surprising at all, I agree. When he wasn't doing his victory rally's he was probably golfing.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Aww, that duck ramp is adorable. :3:

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Your Taint posted:

It was the most watched Congressional testimony ever PERIOD.

I watched on Twitch, did they factor those numbers too? :v:

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Ventana posted:

Twitch streams congressional hearings now?

Apparently?? :shrug:

The app let me lower the video quality nice and low so I didn't burn through all my data plan and watch history be made.

EDIT:

WAIT, did they just get rid of the Annulment Clause??? :psyduck:

What the hell was the logic behind that?

Snuffman fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jun 10, 2017

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Yesssss....

What' I'm actually looking forward to, in addition to watching racist-kebler-elf squirm, is that I'm sure Trump is aware of the ratings of these hearings and will probably testify in public just so he can brag about how many more people watched his testimony than Sessions and Comey.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

angel opportunity posted:

While we're at it, can we please stop bodyshaming Trump for being overweight? It's wildly inappropriate, and there are so many things we can legitimately criticize him on without resorting to bodyshaming, which is never okay

Nah, I'm pretty sure its fine in this case.

The man makes active choices to eat absolute garbage and not exercise at all.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

There Bias Two posted:

That in itself is some pretty interesting precedent. All his tweets are official statements and therefore subject to all the rules governing their use.

This is amazing and I'm sure it'll come back to bite him in the rear end.

Trump's desire to be the centre of attention and constantly praised will be his downfall.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Jesus. Are those notes in 42pt?

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Don't give him any ideas.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

A bit off topic, but its obvious that Trump's primary motivator at the moment is to de-assemble Obama's legacy no matter the cost. I also know that Trump is a deeply vengeful man, obsessed with revenge.

Why does Trump hate Obama so much?

I saw the press dinner thing where Seth Meyer just tore into Trump (god its a satisfying watch) and everyone, including Obama, was laughing at Trump. The birtherism stuff was before that, though. So what inspired the birtherism stuff?

Is it just that Trump is such a deep-down racist that he couldn't stand seeing a black man as President? Or did Obama slight Trump directly somehow?

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Didn't MorningJoe used to be a Trump favourite?

He should fire back. :getin:

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Nevvy Z posted:

Vice had one too with some of the Disney stuff.

Aww, was the Trumpbot script story not real? Booo. :(

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Arglebargle III posted:

Here's an interesting question: who pushes the buttons on Trump's Twitter botnet?

Seeing as botnet rentals are a dime a dozen these days, it could be Russia but could also just be some 400 pound T_D supporter.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

I can't wait for the Russian media to leak the full details of the conversation. :allears:

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

CannonFodder posted:

In Goonswarm's heyday he was like 5.

So....head of Goonswarm?

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Oh, this really is Stupid Watergate, isn't it?

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

AsInHowe posted:

Big story coming out tonight, according to some sources.

I can only take so much winning. You might say, I have winning fever.

...and the only cure is more winning.

But seriously, unless its the FBI and the National guard storming the White House and making arrests for High Treason, I think the press should hold off on blowing their load.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

I should say, if there is a final bombshell in the Trump-Jr-Email-o-Thon, they should drop it just before he shows on Hannity and then watch him squirm.

:getin:

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

aware of dog posted:

Barron strikes again.

The last person in the meeting was Barron, half hidden in shadow, a single hand visible playing with a figit spinner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Dogwood Fleet posted:

I'm getting cranky without my news fix. Please happen today. It's almost time.

Oh I hope we're going to be drip fed another wave of revelations about the Don Jr. meeting this week. It was magical watching Trump and his supporters cook up excuses just to be proven wrong a day later and scramble again.

Drip feeding to discredit is the best strategy and I'm jonesing for another hit.

• Locked thread