Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The booming voice offers me infinite power AND a dragon. Why would anyone ever tell them no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Are the new mechanics/controls console-friendly? Seems like a place they could make some quick bucks.

e: Obviously some of the investigation missions would need reworking or just plain dropping, but other than that.....

Pretty much? It probably wouldn't hit a console though since they never even officially made it Win8+ compatible

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Funcom bad. Water wet. News at 11

I posted on the SWL Reddit. Start that countdown for my ban.

Len fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jul 12, 2017

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Wait, you haven't been banned there yet? Thanks for loving up my bet!

I hadn't ever stepped foot in. That and Discord are places I'm still okay at.

quote:

]EmployedAmerican 1 point 5 minutes ago
Oh I dare them to come at me. If they want to keep their servers online. They're too tiny of a studio and need their paychecks. its in their best interest learn who's in charge and who's not.
As a leader in my industry, I'm out there in the trenches with my team and the customers. I know exactly what it looks like at ground level. Funcum better back up, before they're shoved to the ground.
First, last and final warning from a paying customer. Test me.

I'm loving it already

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

GEMorris posted:

That dude is like the textbook definition of an internet tough guy.

Any guesses on his "industry"?

quote:

Got a tough guy here! You tell em bra

quote:

Why would anyone allow some third world gaming company to push you around? I stand up for myself.
You can get slapped around but this tiny little studio forgot their place.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Til: Swedenistan is the Islamic Rape Capital of the world and Norway is following suit and the US is #1 in the world

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Tallgeese posted:

What the hell "is" the official discord?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it.

You should post it because it's effort for me to find the link

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Didn't they say there were going to get rid of the auction house limits?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

StashAugustine posted:

Hey I'm on a bit of a horror kick recently, it it worth playing this game?

The game features three different regions each with a different horror/occult themed tone.

The first area is probably the most fleshed out and it's some straight up Stephen King poo poo. Set in Maine it features: zombies, a boarding school with not-Carrie, the League of Monster Slayers (think The Losers), not-Stephen King and some other cool poo poo I don't want to spoil.

The second is Egypt and it's more of a pulpy Raiders if the Lost Ark setting with you going in and out of tombs, fighting mummies, retrieving artifacts all that fun stuff.

The third and as of right now final zone is Transylvania where the vampires are currently on a crusade to murder everyone. It's got the classic things that go bump in the night: vampires, werewolves, communists, vampire communists.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

angerbeet posted:

My god Shambala is the most pointless PVP I've ever seen. Fusang was better.

If you're playing it you're doing it wrong. What you do is after you finish all the daily challenges queue into it, die, and play something else in the background. You get all the rewards with none of the work.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Is it a single item that just drops or does each player need to complete a puzzle to make it happen?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Amante posted:

If you mean me, I wasn't even using AR, just pure shotgun DPS the whole time. Elite 1 is actually not that hard, and more goons should be queuing for it!

Soon brah. Level 44 as of this morning

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Amante posted:

You can glyph straight Defense and be fine in terms of viability, but I've read that a fairly even mix of Defense and Evade is good if you want to use stuff like Kneecapper without potentially capping on stats.

This isn't counting Hit of course, which both DPS and tanks need. One maxed out Intricate (3-pip) Hit glyph will cover your needs long term. Best way to get there seems to be a Simple (2-pip) Hit glyph on one piece of gear and an Intricate on another, taking them both to Mythic, and then fusing the Simple into the Intricate to take it to Legendary.

I've been assured that evade is trash and not worth using though. I couldn't get any reason why it's trash just that it's trash.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Let's crash a pubbie rp birthday party:

Kira Agumi's 19th Birthday Party (First-Ever Simulcast Event in TSW and SWL!) LIVE on GSP, Twitch, Mixer, Twitter and more July 19th 2017 from 7pm-9pmET this coming Wednesday! SPECIAL UPDATED REMINDER!!!!

Edit: well I can't because I'll be at work. But im sure someone can be there in my stead.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Shockeh posted:

I'm now confused - The store page on Steam says Secret World Legends, but my Library still says Secret World. I don't know what I'm now downloading.

Legends isn't on Steam yet

Len fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jul 15, 2017

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Shockeh posted:

So is 'regular' TSW still alive too?

Yep hence the pubbie refrain of "you didn't lose anything you can still go play your old character :smug:"

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I finally joined this. You can't say anything for 10 minutes? What the gently caress

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Kokoro Wish posted:

Near the end of Solomon island. I just did that mission myself in fact. Was that once upon a time level 50 content?

QL10*

It was the last of the issues that came out during the sub fee era. It probably should have been included into the main Maine story though since it wraps it up with a nice little bow.

Everyone dies.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

DancingShade posted:

All I ever got from cache rewards were the new gamble box consolation prize currency (I can't be bothered checking what it buys) and upgrade consumables.

That being said I'm quite happy to get the upgrade consumables.

Actually I got one blue weapon, which I melted into the upgrade pot to see if it was worth doing. It wasn't.

(obviously this is all from the month of patron I bought since I never lifetimed in Ye Olde TSW)

Looked through the post history to see why you'd be accused of being a shill, and I don't see that but I did see this. The currency it gives you from those can be used to by consolation welfare purples so at least opening them enough times can get you gear. In theory that means us lifetimers can skip a lot of poo poo weapon grind since we can start at a purple when needing to upgrade a wepon/Tali to mythic

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Amante posted:

Marianne Chen might be alright. Everyone else, though? Yeah...

Possibly. I haven't read the turn in text in awhile. she may be hosed if she ever breathed the air or drank local water. I don't remember it giving a time frame from infection/when she rolled up. I feel like that was a breadcrumb for Ragnar's living world idea where npcs would die for good.

Morglon posted:

Joke's on you though those are mark 2 so they're pretty much worthless except as fusion fodder later on. I spent all of mine on a sprint skin.

Well a mk2 purple is better than the mk1 blue I have right now at once it gets to level whatever the gently caress it's able to be combined with a mk3 you've lovingly leveled from Green. But buying the welfare purp saves you the time of making 4 greens max level and then those two blues max level just so you can feed them to a new thing.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Capntastic posted:

Wait, really?

I ran through that sort of quick and while there is the dream zone with all the NPCs hanging out trying to murder you I took that to be, well, dream representations of them from other people who got snared in the dream?

Or is there something else I missed?

Everyone is infected

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

DancingShade posted:

Huh. Completely missed that - should probably replay all her missions.

Also Cassandra King survives (there was a dossier on her in a morninglight investigation mission later in game) but there used to be acres of speculation threads about what she actually was on the old official forums.

She was at least intended to be a player because KG said they were going to try and recruit her

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I will never get tired of the pub defense for /stuck being broken "you're constantly falling so the game thinks you can move. /stuck only helps if you're stationary just anima leap"

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Fata Padurii change is unacceptable.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Capntastic posted:

You would think a bank activity log or any of a dozen permission schemes would be implemented but alas

I think about how Agartha is set up with the banks and nightclub and restaurant and how only one ever has people clustered around it

Well there is a "can withdraw items" option in the ranks.

new dev team seems pretty laid back.

Tron Quixote - Today at 12:06 PM
We lost him
To our biggest competitor
Tron Quixote - Today at 12:07 PM
Clicker Heroes
EvilBillMurray - Today at 12:07 PM
clicker heroes wants less of my money though so i can see why they get a leg up

and I didn't get banned or anything.

Len fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jul 17, 2017

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Turn your dialogue volume wayyyy up around filth infected humans

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I remember the creeping filth event having some good audio but I don't think I have the mp3 I recorded of it anymore. Just wait to hear it when the event goes live though because according to the road map that pubbies are pretending is gospel and will be followed in a timely manner it's going to happen in the next couple months with new story content by the end of the year.

I just reply to every post like that with Tokyo is early 2013 and they never say anything back.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Those cats shouldn't be there. The temps didn't win a contest yet. loving FUNCOM

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Someone assemble a lore map addon tia

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Tallgeese posted:

Someone basically did at the end of TSW.

For TSW.

Link it? It probably works for 90% of lores

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I noticed one or two pieces of lore in the tutorial subway (were those always there?) and that got me thinking, does this game have missable lore?

Supposedly those lores are in the museum if you missed them

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I blocked that jumping segment in "I walk into empty" from my memory. Holy poo poo was that an awful thing.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

PST posted:

Someone in game said their higher-level friend had had the same problem, but if it's not that then i'm just bugged and cant' get them to drop as i've tried 6+ times now, dropping and picking up the quest again with nothing happening when I kill them.

Level 50 and just logged in to confirm that is not how that works. I picked up flares just fine

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Drinkfist posted:

Add Drinkfist to your friends list. I am about 155 Tank and DPS. We are gonna need a healer.

Working on it. I've got the skills just need the gear

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I would read the poo poo out of a tsw wiki with all the lore, mission turn in text, and the extra stuff nobody asks npcs because I can read faster then they talk, also because you have to do it multiple times to exhaust everything they have to say.

CHESTON get on it brah

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

7/22/2017 12:31 AM
/STUCK GOT ME UNSTUCK

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Tallgeese posted:

Remember that the first rule of tanking is always: blame the healer if something goes wrong.

To be fair in the old game there were times that worked. You'd get healers who loved to overheal during phases where nobody could hit the boss and he would go right for their fleshy meat parts

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I've collected four zones worth of lore in the last two days and it's sad how many are just on rocky outcrops above the player. It's like they went "I dunno where to put this in a way that makes sense so let's just stick it on this cliff so they have to attempt wall jumping or circle around and take the long way"

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Amante posted:

Unless you'd like to have enough anima shards to empower things... then play PvP a LOT.

My go-to is queueing in and playing a different game while it runs, lately it's been FF8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Tallgeese posted:

Brave. Knows the Funcom devs hate his guts and read this thread, while posting this.

Look man I run out, mash some buttons and die. They can't get me for not trying.