Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

just as I was about to quit this game...netmarbu!!!!! :bahgawd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Omg. YES i will have goldblum on my phone game

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Kegslayer posted:

I guess Thomas and Hugh Jackman's uniforms must have sold really well if this is the new norm.

But also this - 7. For 'Wolverine - Age of Apocalypse' uniform, all attacks / all defenses of will be increased.

so maybe not amazingly well?

I think netmarbu is just trying to find ways to have us waste crystals.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Game is up.
I hate that we were right...Loki hulk and Thor all 1050 on sale. Fuckin stupid.
Hulk and Thor add iframes so they're prob worth it. Loki changes quite a bit. Seems more fun.
Helas added iframes too.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

I wonder about the value of getting thor or loki's uniforms, and then getting them to mythical, for those special cards. Both cards look amazing, cards being so valuable...

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

fart simpson posted:

I have yet to encounter a Wolverine that my Quicksilver couldn't solo

Wtf how. Almost every wolvie I face has an invul obelisk, and regens before my quicksilver can kill them.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

NmareBfly posted:

From what I've seen Anti-Man is both better and harder to get, so I'd say him the way things stand now. I'm hoping they adjust things to make him more farmable so I'm giving it a month or so before I make any big choices on that though.

What's the max rolls on CTP's? For the procs, mainly. I re-rolled my Energy one like 10 times and never saw better than +15% chain and +140% damage but regular gears can go up to 200%.

it can go up to 200%, someone posted one on reddit a while back.

Also this powercreep is dumb. My marvel man without ISOs and some poo poo obelisk, at level 55 with gears all level 9, solo'd one of the low universal stages in SL without any damage taken. A non-native T2 universal.

And not me but see this too - https://vimeo.com/245848360

Xenochrist fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Dec 5, 2017

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

where is loving juggernaught bitch, what the gently caress

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

You shouldn’t spend any of your crystals on inventory. 600 isn’t a ton, but it’s entirely possible to hover between 500-600. Just always upgrade cards, and gears, and get rid of any ISO’s below 3* , And eventually 4*.

Unless you just want to spend poo poo loads of $$ then do whatever you want and upgrade slots.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Patch notes out. black panther uniform has to be purchased as a “extreme” bundle, with no discount. Major bummer, wtf, why.
Also killmonger bio sub only. With a premium priced uniform.

Net marble just can’t help themselves. No saving this games downward spiral, sadly. :sigh:

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

THE extreme mode is extremely hard. Fuckin a. Tried 5x and couldn’t finish it in time, bp just does too little damage to blast. And his new uniform doesn’t seem like a huge upgrade.

To get all the rewards you have to do it in 120 seconds, too, which seems impossible.

Also from what I’m reading you need al 3 new uniforms at mythic for the advertised rewards for extreme mode. Not stoked I spent the crystals on it right now.

Yeah the suv is a gently caress, hate that thing. Cmon bp tear that poo poo apart.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Im so glad Jim from the office is joining the game, didn’t realize Chris Evans had been replaced

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

NmareBfly posted:

Any words on the pile of uniforms? I grabbed Winter Soldier since he seems like 'most improved' but I'm waiting on the others. Thanos looks good but I have his hobo outfit at mythical so it might not be a great investment. Probably not going to get the extreme legendary battle bundle, seems like a bad deal unless I'm also going to mythic everything else and nah.

Agreed on the legendary battle, this one seems bad or not as good as the past 2.

And I’m in same boat as you, only uniform I grabbed was Bucky and it’s amazing.
I’ve been reading some on reddit for more impressions but am also still waiting on any others.

The consensus I’ve seen is both Thor and iron spider adds more damage but arent game changers, iron man seems like a glass cannon - he gets a ton more damage but loses some iframes (lol), both Corvus and proxima are boosts but don’t seem necessary if your strapped. Black widow is a small updgrade. Groot i have no idea. Haven’t really seen much on captain, I’m on fence about him, if I go to t3 w him I’ll prob buy his new one. And thanos new uniform has better damage but if you’ve invested in SW uniform it prob isn’t worth it like you said.
So nothing really meta changing from what I’ve read so far...but on the plus side none of them seem like downgrades.

Xenochrist fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Apr 28, 2018

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

HebrewMagic posted:

How does Anti Man size up? I've got him at 5* and would dig having him built up to back up blue marvel on a team.

He’s amazing. One of the best universal chars. His bios are just a pain to get.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Applied to hebrons as Stinkybritches

cooooool

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

http://welcometodie.com/

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

OMG DOOM. Dont care about any of the other Fancy For folks, just DOOOOM.

Comin back to this. Hebrons haev any space? or other goon alliances? TY

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Hmm. Might have to temper my expectations, cynicalex posted a vid that after rushing Doom he regrets it. He is good but not worth the cost to rush building him, apparently.

Also I sent an app to Doctor Goons, couldnt send an app to Marble Hebrons bc it was full. IGN is StinkyBritches

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

The Question IRL posted:

The problem is you only have a very limited number of Rifts you can run. (Unless you get lucky and a bunch of people have theirs open when you are online.)
I get Victorious to five stars today when the quest resets (then I can six star her with my rank up ticket.) But I'm not looming forward to grinding Dimension Rifts.
The quest for this in the Deadpool quest chain sucked and supposedly this FF chain has a worse drop rate.

It does seem real bad. Got 1 in the past 3 days, running both sets of em.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

plainswalker75 posted:

Who's the better T3 option if I don't give a gently caress about ABX, Wolverine or Thor?

Thor has fallen behind a bit, he might get an update when endgame comes out though.
Wolvie is more expensive than thor, and probably more all around useful right now bc of his pvp utility, if thats somethin you care about.
might be worth hoarding mats until endgame, unless you're a THOR SUPERFAN, then by all means, get him to t3

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Early impressions on some of them:
Hulk is an improvement over his ragnarok uniform. he gets meta status stuff on his skills (fracture, etc) and his rotation is better.
Cap gets a defense down on his 4th skill but its a bit awkward to use that and then his t3 skill bc of the charge up.
iron man gets a rework of his t3 but besides that is basically a sidegrade/small improvement over his IW uniform
racoon's 4th skill is fuckin cool, no idea how much of improvement it is
nebula's makes her playable and good. probably not top tier but good
ant man's improves his 5th skill tremendously but hes still not top tier

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

It's definitely a buff, the new one is better. The new one has the passive bonus the old one doesn't. It also has changed her 3rd skill to be great - it has a iframe and fracture and does way more damage than it used to.

Also it costs less to upgrade for some reason, if you're like me and never bought the last captain marvel uniform...

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

TARDISman posted:

I came back to this game because of fatThor. Does Doctor Goons have a slot open for me?

im guessin the fat thor avatar tardisman85 was you. accepted you to doc goons

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

How are the black order(or Odin to speak of it) as characters to focus on? I’ve played enough to unlock them so I could either channel some anti-matter into ranking one or two up or focusing on epic quests.

All the black order, Dormamu, Odin, and apocalypse have fallen out of the meta. The BO in particular need their movie u informs to be good. Definitely focus on the epic quests, they’re all great. Dr strange, Wolvie, dp and mr fan are all great. And as for the epic unlockable chars, We’ll see tomorrow w the new patch if Jean is top of the meta again.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Dawgstar posted:

Thanks! I appreciate it.

On a whim I bought Captain Marvel's Endgame costume and man, it's pretty rad. I didn't know some of them went that far to change the character's animations.

I hope you didn’t buy it today or yesterday, while the uniform was at full price...never buy uniforms when they aren’t on sale, we get at least one but usually 2 uniform sales a month where they are discounted.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

The T3s I have go Marvel > Deadpool > Sharon Rogers > Cap > Thor > Magneto > Iron Man > Spidey I think. Magneto, Deadpool, Marvel, and Rogers probably bump the least and Cap, Spidey, Thor, and Iron Man bump the most. So a lot of it is like what you're looking for. A big bruiser beast or to turn Cap into a beast or a good combat or what. But you can't go wrong with Marvel, Deadpool, Sharon, Cap, and Thor IMO.

And I imagine Jean might beat them all. I don't know about Black Panther, Luna, Thanos, or Ant Man. I think that's it.

I’d put Jean after Deadpool and luna equal or right after Sharon Rodgers, Shes great. And even despite his cost thanos is prob after cap, before Thor. But he’s so expensive.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

While this game is pretty cool, why in god's name does it cost crystals to unequip gear and iso-8s? And a lot of crystals at that! I threw a bunch of random poo poo on my dudes, assuming (apparently wrongly) that I was meant to just swap them out as I got better stuff.

Also, as a new player, how much does this T2/T3 stuff matter? Is it a bad idea to play characters that don't have T2 or T3 versions? There are a poo poo-ton of characters in this game, but are most of them not really viable for end-game play or something?

I'm using the extremely logical and coherent party of Miles Morales, Korean girl with the spirit bear, and Gambit.

YEs there’s a shitton of characters. There are lots of great ones that don’t have their t3 yet, t3 is an endgame player thing that really only matter for pushing higher world boss ultimate stages and for pvp. On the other hand every character has a t2 and they are important to getting through content.
Come to the discord and ask questions about which chars you’re thinking of leveling or investing and we can tell you go ahead it’s cool or no stay away while your eating building up.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Ol Fishbowl Heads costume has some bitchin bonusez, hope hes good

Also his 5 skill animation now is AMAZING i pray its not poo poo

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

This is a very expensive update, if you want to get the new characters and uniforms. and mystique being stronger than wolverine, after all these uniforms, is sad

:negative:

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Squad battle rewards are crap right now. The RNG boxes are a joke. 20 clear tickets? 50,000 gold? And they created mandalay gems just to monitize awakening even more. There was no reason to change it other than they realised they f'd up by making it "too easy" by giving us awakening gems in WBU.

So many of these new modes and rewards are geared towards new players. I think NM has entered the phase of trying to get as much cash before their next game launches, player base be damned.

the price to fully unlock mystique is absurd hahahahahaahaha

edit - and i know we've been sayin this for a while. but aspects of this update seem to point more dramatically in that direction. more items to clog up our inventory without giving us more space. still no basic qol improvements we've been asking for for months/years. new game modes w weak rewards. giving multiple uniforms to wolvie, a beloved character that is f2p-obtainable, and still not making him better, and releasing a new char, mystique, you can only get with $$$ who is objectively better.

Xenochrist fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Mar 19, 2020

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Steve Vader posted:

Yes. It's a mobile phone game. You have to know going in that any money and time you spend on it is, by definition, going to be wasted.

Debating using rankup tickets on Sinister.

Yeah, agreed; when it comes down to it, it is poopin game. Any frustration I have is from the lost potential in the game. Ah well.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Sent my request to Doctor Goons as Logicon.

I saw Goonlactus had some open space as well, but can only apply to one at a time

Approved you. at least a handful of us still active. feel free to daily request mats in the alliance tab.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

punchymcpunch posted:

star turd is this months t3. rest in piece. another month of farming ccfs i guess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6ZVVAkbwE4

lol another blast t3 why not

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Steve Vader posted:

I've got Strange, Storm, Wolverine, Namor, Xavier, Magneto ready to T3 now. I'll probably pull the trigger on Strange if the uniform kicks it up a notch... although I'm excited about Moon Knight getting worked up with the new update.

What are the situations where an ISO8 Set Bonus that is NOT Angry Hulk, Overdrive or Hawks Eye is useful?

I have Blessing of Asgard on Loki and it feels like that should work best for him, because.

pretty much never. maybe destroyer with an HP or def one, to make him more tanky for AQ?

yeah the ISO-8 sets are basically all just there to make you waste your time and gold until you can roll one of the 3 attack sets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

bagrada posted:

They've both been forgotten. Black Bolt got T3 and Medusa got awakened skill so they went back to ignoring the inhumans. I'm curious if we'll get Eternals soon or if they found out about the movie delay in time to put it off unlike the Black Widow tie in.

I've got enough for a new midrange T3. I have ready:

Odin, Silver Surfer
Dr Strange, Wolverine, Quicksilver
Hulk, Ghost Rider, Magneto

Winter Soldier is 70 but needs gear. Black Bolt, Dormammu and Ant Man are still 60. Venom is stuck at 60 until the patch. I think that's everyone.

The only chars I actively use out of that bunch are the three mid rangers and of the 3 only Wolverine has any trouble with his fights. I just noticed I haven't touched his iso set since year one though so updating that should help. I'm tempted to just bump Ghost Rider or Hulk then start saving again to see how Venom is and who is announced next.

You have those ready to t3??

Silver surfer is arguably the best char in the game, he is so broken for pvp and can do pretty high WB even with a pvp build.
ghost rider is fun as heck, does a shitload of dmg, but his survivability isnt amazing. but he's half the cost of silver surfer or odin.
odin's damage is great but i think he needs a rage to really shine.
same with dr. strange, needs his latest uni and rage to be op good. also his playstyle can be annoyng (you literally push buttons as fast as possible, its dumb)
magneto does cover blast villain which is needed for diff game modes, and he's good with his newest uniform, but he's not in same league as silver surfer.