Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

Winner of the 'How Badly Will A Phone Game Milk Us Idiot Cash Cows?' Contest!

Answer: About $70USD for a bad character that unlocks the grind for another.

extra letters: star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-l
I'll sneak in with a guess of 4400.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

extra letters: star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-l

NmareBfly posted:

Got my 6.6K for magnetman. It's a little weird -- you spend the money and get him 6*'ed right out of the box, then you get like 10 magneto bios each run of his mission and a bunch from the epic quest itself. He'll be 420 and T2 in like a week or two, then I'm going to be building a massive pile of magneto bios until the end of time I guess?

Yep. And you can feed the excess bios to Jean, I believe.

In my own progress news, I just got past the first big farming hurdle (M'krann Shards) and should have a 5* Beast tomorrow, which means I'm clear until the next two big hurdles: M'krann Crystals and Phoenix Feathers.

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

Clawtopsy posted:

Heyoooo

Who won the crystal guessing thing i totally forgot

I think it was me unless anyone guessed higher than 4,400?

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

punchymcpunch posted:

i cant remember if i went for 420 or 6900

According to page 1, you went "4200+69"

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

Clawtopsy posted:

Congrats to blue.eyed.ash on winning the dumb contest! Enjoy your new avatar.

AMAZING. Thank you.

I will wear it proudly for a while (also I'm pretty sure I don't have the file for my old avatar anyway).

blue.eyed.ash fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jun 18, 2017

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

Got my first full Shadowland clear! Was really surprised by how easy the post-15 levels went, although I saved my paywall T2s for those levels, so I shouldn't be too surprised.

Trickiest bit was hitting She Hulk and having a bunch of physical damage dealers, but Strange made short work of that issue.

Home Stretch:
18 (Female Relay): T2 Carol
19 (Fire Relay): T2 Kamala
20 (Carnage) T2 Yellowjacket + Ant Man + Giant Man
21 (Venom) Proxima
22 (MODOK) Enchantress
23 (She Hulk + JJ) Dr. Strange
24 (Luke Cage) T2 Carnage
25 (Daredevil) T2 Agent Vernon

Agent Vernon sleepwalked through that last battle, and I don't even have a fifth gear equipped on him yet. Now that I realize how easy Shadowlands can be, I'll start planning to clear it all on the reg.

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

Holyshoot posted:

whwat setups are you using for 12-5 through 12-8 to 3 star? Here is my dudes I try to use and I can only get 2 star on 12-6 which means 12-7 will probably wreck me. And 1-2 star on 12-5, 12-6. Any ez win dudes I should look into?

I used Mustache Rulk as my leader for the Surtur levels, but any fire resistance leader will help.

From there I used Strange with Enchantress as backup, and my rotation was the usual Strange rotation: 5, 3, cancel into 2, 3, repeat until 5 has three seconds of cooldown, then 4, cancel into 5.

Enchantress was there in the event that I messed up Strange timing and he needed to heal.

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

NmareBfly posted:

Boom Boom, Marrow, Omega Red, Doug Ramsey and Strife (not Cable.)

Would totally t2 Doug, Omega Red and Boom Boom, especially if she was the Paris Hilton-esque version from Nextwave. :colbert:

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

Cinara posted:

Yea, if you don't ticket the A-Force they are nigh impossible to get, but even if you do, their gear is a huge wall. I was able to get mine to 420 eventually by putting EVERY type selector I got into them for a long time, but I ticketed them to 6* to start with. 300-400 bios for 420 is a lot when you're getting 8 every few days, and god forbid you get unlucky and need closer to 600.

The only good part is that Sister Grimm and Singularity are both not really that good these days, so you can ignore them. She-Hulk is still incredible for her leadership though, and likely always will be one of the best leaderships in the whole game.

There's also packs of 200 typed selectors (plus more) for 1,800 crystals each, which can help expedite the process.

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

Okay, finally cleared out the new Shadowlands levels and finished the Spidey Quest Pack, so I'm trying to figure out how best to use these Mythic Costume tickets.

I've got Thor - Ragnarok at Legendary, but am fine grinding out bios to naturally Mythic that one.

I've got Loki - Ragnarok and Kid Kaiju, so those both totally make sense to get upgrades, but it's also tempting to wait for the next costume sale and pick up Hela's for an easy CTP for Cable.

Thoughts? I know for sure I want those two ridiculous Loki cards, just trying to figure out whether it's better to Mythic the paywall character or get a guaranteed CTP.

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

plainswalker75 posted:

Is the Inferno costume worth getting if I just have him at T1? I don't have him fully geared yet, but it seems like the boost to his survivability might make him usable without T2.

Inferno is pretty drat good even without T2. Just took him for a spin in Shadowlands first time this week and he solo-wrecked an Agent Venom/Carnage floor with like no Iso-8 set and gear in the mid-teens. I got his costume and it basically makes him a monster.

Speaking of costumes, bumping my question since it seemed to get lost in Loot Box Chat: if I can use rank up tickets on two costumes, what's my best bet between Ragnarok Loki, Kid Kaiju and Ragnarok Hela (which I don't yet own)?

EDIT: Man, my contest avatar is even better in retrospect :wiggle:

blue.eyed.ash fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Dec 1, 2017

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

The Dave posted:

Hela does? I only went through it quickly but I thought all the bonuses were for the more expensive costumes.

She gets you a CTP of Energy.

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

NmareBfly posted:

Loki for the card IMO. Kid Kaiju is the least farmable by far since you'd need a bio sub for it, but I'm of the mind that mythical-ing a costume is pretty stupid to begin with unless they're an S-tier meta character and it'll make a difference in PVP / WBU. With KK you get very little value from the extra stats, because what's he ever really going to do for you besides clear a floor in SL which he can do relatively easily anyway? So basically if you're going to mythic anyone it should be because of some additional benefit, and Loki's a perfect target because his bios are also really annoying to farm (and you need more for his than a normal uniform's anyway.) Hela might be okay but you only get a single celestial gear for her's which will in turn only benefit one character, but the card from Loki benefits everyone.

Mythic-ing husbandos and waifus is also valid, but for those I say they won't respect you if you ticket them and you should put in the grind time.

Yeah, Loki's getting my Mega Upgrade ticket for sure, I guess if the choice is between KK and Hela for the 1-6 Shadowlands tickets, maybe I'll give them to Hela. Or hang onto them for another future costume locking away a sweet card.

My beloved all-time waifu Carol is getting her mythic swimsuit the old fashioned way, for sure. Almost there, and it's even easier now that I can grind her bios in the story.

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

bagrada posted:

I somehow stumbled into enough mats to T2 Kate Bishop the long way, is she worth it? I heard she's decent as a striker. For the record I'm at SL15 and can't do ultimate world boss yet. I'm getting to ABX most days but haven't quite hit 100k. If I don't T2 her, the mats will go towards Quicksilver's gear (he's doing fine at 4x15) or Proxima's gear. Ancient One is my next closest at 20/17/15/15, not counting the x-peeps who use their own mats.

Kate is fine, but I don't think she's essential at T2 - there's quite a few Speed heroes you'd want to prioritize over her at this point. If your roster isn't particularly big, I think you're better off using your BAM to level up someone like Corvus or Supergiant, as they'll help you get further than taking Quicksilver or Proxima's gears from 4x15 to 4x20. As an added plus, this way you already have 150 bios to feed one of them.

blue.eyed.ash fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Dec 14, 2017

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

Ghost of Starman posted:

I have no idea what to spend my 3* and 6* free newbie chests on either. I've got Sharon Rogers going through the Hero Journey, and a Cpt. Marvel that's already up to 4*, plus the ones the story piles biometrics on you for (Cap/IronMan/Widow, seems like) and a 6* Thor that the movie tie-in just gave me...
Is it safe to start picking up whatever seems cool? Are their any notable trap-picks? How is Hulkbuster?

Hulkbuster is outdated and not very good.

Here's a slightly outdated tier list via Reddit. I mostly agree with this ranking. Obviously the paywalls are some of your best characters, but there's also some great early F2P picks like the X-Men, Loki, Yellowjacket and Sandman that will go a long way.

Note that this list doesn't have The Ultimates, nor do we know if there's gonna be any way to acquire them post-lootboxes. Blue Marvel and Anti-Man are ridiculously good characters if you can get them (you get a 6* Blue Marvel from completing the last story stage, but that isn't gonna happen without a deeper bench).

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

Steve Vader posted:

So who's the best candidate for the CTP of Energy? Blue Marvel?

Cable. Blue Marvel or anyone else with a channel ability isn’t bad either, but Cable is the best.

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

Finished the Epic Quest today and even with the Psylocke pack, I didn’t get enough Colossus bios to take him from 18/18/19/19 to 4/20. Brutal.

Loving Psylocke. Threw a 39% Mind Damage/200% Damage proc gear on her and she popped 10 health bars of level 1 Ebony Maw in one shot.

Trying to decide whether or not to splurge on a month of X-Gene selectors - I could Clea my Colossus up to 4/20 and just grind out Domino and Fantomex for free, or I could soak up the 20-60 Colossus bios and accelerate the other two. Super glad I was burned out on this game before the Epic Quest, because I’ve blown about 4,000 energy and 7,000 crystals (from
Stark stash and timeline/logins) without batting an eye.

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

Ugh, I used my 6* selector on Hulkling when I should’ve used the T2 selector on him to expedite the New Avengers quest pack. Sigh.

And STAC, I know you’ve speculated on this like several posts above, but Hulk can already realize his potential. He got level 70 with Infinity War. I presume we’re gonna get Sword Thanos with T3 for him with the Endgame update.

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

Steve Vader posted:

I've got Panther and Cap as my first T3s, and I've almost got Thor to 70 and ready to T3, and I'm trying to get back up to 10 Combat Books so I can do Mr. Fantastic. If I don't, I suppose I'll continue work on Deadpool.

When I get the T2 Mega ticket, I'm pondering which paywall character to use it for. I'd have to shell out for X-Genes to get Juggernaut first (and I do like those big hulk-o-chunks), but I've got Sabretooth and Magik at 6 stars - although if I buy the X-Gene thing, I could probably get enough for Magik to put her over naturally.

Arachknight is technically not paywall, but I could save crystals (same with White Fox). Weapon Hex is also an option, as she's at 1*.

There's the impossible Blue Marvel/Anti-Man/Nova conundrum - all at 6* but unlikely to go any further without it.

Quasar is at 6*, Enchantress, Ghost Panther and Bear Girl are at 5*.

Then there's Nadia Van Dyne at 3*, Nick Fury at 2* and Ironheart, Hex, Carnage, Kid Kaiju at 1*. Fury would get me some Cap Marvel Legendary Battle bonuses, but I guess I'd have to get the costume, too.

Or I could save myself a lot of hassle with Gwenpool and Inferno, but I've got them both to 5* already, which feels too close to burn a ticket like that on.

I have a T2 Quasar and she’s pretty mediocre. Enchantress had her day in the sun, but the game has moved on (see also Carnage, Kid Kaiju and Ironheart).

Fury is probably your best choice, followed by Ghost Panther and Weapon Hex.

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

The Dave posted:

Time for my "Who should I use this T2 mega on?" post:

- Enchantress
- Luna Snow (her gear is 19/17/17/17)
- Anti Man
- Ghost Panther
- Nova
- Sentinel
- Crescent
- Ghost
- Blue Marvel

My instinct says Luna Snow then T3 her. My gut really says just continue hoarding the ticket for months if not a year.

Out of that list, absolutely Luna Snow unless you’re planning to drop money on a bio sub soon.

The only other person on that specific list that’s worth considering is Ghost Panther and only for support. Luna Snow is useful for endgame ABX/WBU/Shadowlands. Everyone else is outclassed at this point if you’re looking for best-in-class characters, and given that a Mega T2 is like ~$80, you probably should.

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

The Dave posted:

That is so dirty releasing another Capt Marvel costume.

It is, but the upside is that it has synergy with her movie costume, meaning that they have the exact same skills and effects and the only reason you’d want both is for a small bonus. If you have the movie costume already, the Endgame one will be like 630 crystals when it’s on sale.

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

I feel like an idiot because I'm pretty sure Ghost was the same deal and i just forgot and grabbed her with the bio sub.

There's always too many things I want to grab with crystals.

I'm never getting Psylocke.

Psylocke is so much better than anything else you can spend crystals on save Invisible Woman.

Edit: Just remembered you need Psylocke to get Stryfe. I’d say that’s a better purchase than IW even (disclaimer, I have Stryfe at 70 with a CTP and haven’t finished leveling Doom yet, but from what I understand, they’re pretty interchangeable from a PvP standpoint and Psylocke > Invisible Woman from a PvE standpoint).

blue.eyed.ash fucked around with this message at 22:58 on May 14, 2019

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

bagrada posted:

We've talked about them a lot but Luna Snow (overpowered all rounder with T3 option) > Nick Fury (to boost his team, not to play actively) > Sabretooth (Wolverine's evil twin) > Korath (he's not exciting but can do ABX and most SL he's eligible for) = Arachknight (has the web wrap to cheese fights) = Nova (very overpowered for a 60) > Magik (very high damage 5) > Anti-Man (high damage but squishy, has stun laser) > Quasar (can stay invincible but has low damage) > Blue Marvel (has stun laser but low damage) > Heimdall (survivable for SL but no damage). Only the first two are worthy of a mega T2 imho. Last year Nova and Anti-Man were worth one but as we've mentioned they've been outclassed by power creep and level 70s.

The little boxes are decent if you're rich. When actively spending I float at around 20-30 mil so I go ahead and buy them out since I can still use BAM and chaos norns, and occasionally get T3 mats.

You can get Korath and Heimdall bios from generic bio selectors (as well as Speed and Universal selectors, respectively) - don’t waste a Mega T2 on them!

Picked up Carol’s new costume and didn’t even read the effects, so I guess I’m using that one even though I hate the short hair. Thanks for the heads up!

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

planedriver posted:

Got so excited when my Jean suddenly jumped 70% potential and blew all 3000 of my mkraan crystals and phoenix feathers to get all her gears to 25/25/25/23...
God what a tease

Any word on if her uniform performs better in timeline?

Ridiculously so. Even stuck at 60 with a crappy CTP of Transcendence and no urus equipped, my Jean has been stomping face in vibranium this week.

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

Steve Vader posted:

Saw a dude online say you could get it for $30. But that is still $30 real money.

I think you can get it for $20 if you can bank on the 10 free tokens - there’s a “Offer for Agents” for $9.99 (US, iOS) that gives 10 tokens with a limit of two purchases.

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

Steve Vader posted:

Who is a better T3 - Captain Marvel or Quicksilver?

Depends on your roster and your needs. Both are super good for PvP, Captain Marvel is the best Universal and Quicksilver is the second best next to Holiday Lady Deadpool.

Either can wreck PvE.

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

My options for people that are already 6* and bios cannot be collection from stores or selectors
Namor, Carnage, White Fox, Anti-Man, Blue Marvel, Nova.

Same but need a 6* mega ticket before using the t2 mega rank ticket
Crescent, Wave, Sinister, Sunbirb, kid kaiju, blue dragon

You need to be 6* with any character before using a T2 Mega.

I’d prioritize using a T2 Mega on characters that either cost :10bux: (ultimates, bio or X-gene subs) or those that cost a ton of crystals.

Of the Ultimates, they’re all fine at this point, but are definitely outclassed by newer characters.

Namor with costume is very useful in PvE (WBU, Squad Battle, ABX) and Sentinel with costume is killer in PvP, but you’ve got to commit to leveling it up - those are the characters who got my last two Mega T2s, because they cost actual money.

Carnage, Crescent, Sinister, Sunbirb and Kaiju are also subscription characters, but you get max usefulness from Crescent at 6* (her leadership), Carnage and Kaiju are old, and Sunbirb is only useful if you’re gonna like level him up to 70 and use the other Warriors of the Sky. Haven’t messed with Sinister, but I don’t see very many people talk about him, either.

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

Datasmurf posted:

I went a bit overboard and now I've got 2 mega T2s. No idea who to use them on. Too many premium choices, since I stopped playing for a year or two, due to spending way too much money (didn't help, came back and started spending again, so I could get shame level 20 (was halfway when I quit)).

So my T1s are: Weapon Hex, Nightcrawler, Gorilla Man (20x4), Jessica Jones (20x4), Molten Man (20x4), Red Guardian (20x4), Sword Master, Ulik (20x4), Volstagg (20x4), White Tiger (20x4), Blue Dragon, Hydro-Man (20x4), Whiplash (20x4), Fandral (20x4), Ghost, Hellcat (20x4), Karnak (20x4), Korath (20x4), Sun Bird, Viper (20x4), Yelena, Slapstick, Mister Sinister, Crescent.

It's a waste using a mega on those with 20x4 gears, but I have no idea if any of the others are worth it.

Weapon Hex is the winner there. She's good in WBU and a great striker.

EDIT: Blue Dragon is the best of the Warriors of the Sky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

It says 2 objects and the red chains are apparently Cosmic Ghost Rider. Who is apparently an alternate universe version of Punisher so maybe a costume. He's apparently on a Guardians of the Galaxy team with Beta Ray Bill, Star-Lord, Groot, Phyla-Vell, and Moondragon. Silver Surfer and Odin are mixed up with him too so maybe a costume/T3 for one of them. Would fit with Odin winning that poll and Bill.

Prediction
New Characters: Bill, Phyla, and Moondragon
Costumes: Star-Lord, Groot, Punisher, and Odin.
T3: Odin

I weirdly love doing this detective work/guessing game when a new update shows up.

The Odin rework is 6 months out, per Netmarble.