Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

XtraSmiley posted:

Agree 100% on all points except the MD, but only because i haven't played it.

I find that some of the claims work better if you wait about 5 min. after getting the achievement. I wish it was just automatic somehow though, I have going through ten different squares to claim 5 points...

What's really weird is sometimes on the daily achievement on the MS points app it works when I haven't earned an achievement for that day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Ineffiable posted:

I really love gamepass for these games. I've waffled on buying SC6 multiple times and if I ever saw it for $5 I'd probably just do it. Now I can buy it, put a few hours into it, and remember why I don't stick with fighting games for a long time and move on.

I also played crackdown 3 via gamepass and man I was bored in less than two hours. Now I never have to think about that game again. Gamepass is worth it if you can find deals on it regularly making it half off, so $90 a year is a good deal considering that $50-60 dollars is for playing online already (feels like xbl gold deals have gotten worse because now it's about GPU). If you play at least two full priced games on it a year and save yourself buying those games, it's well worth it.
If you use Microsoft Rewards you can get it for basically free. I'm paid up through March 2023

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

i played minecraft and I got way too high and freaked out when those things started coming at me at night and I didn't play it again or investigate the possibility of turning them off somehow, thats my interesting contribution to this apparently ongoing conversation about a game for children I found "too scary"

I lost at Minecraft. I was getting killed by this giant spider so I dug a hole and hid from it but then I couldn't get out. I wasn't even high so I have no excuse.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

MarcusSA posted:

Yes.

Edit: lol I just switched over to the Game Pass Ultimate and I'm not gonna get charged for it till March of next year.

I'm paid up till March 2023. I love Microsoft rewards.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

gamepass is a $1 demo service for games you'll later buy on Steam instead so the Xbox app/Windows store doesn't nuke your drive

With Microsoft rewards points it's free forever. You are literally the biggest sucker if you don't have game pass.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Honestly I'd just use MFS to 9/11 various planes into various Trump properties.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
For some reason Tell Me Why is making me feel really nostalgic for my childhood in a way few things do.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

LODGE NORTH posted:

Did the GamePass thing. Currently sitting in three years worth. Amazing.

Other question: is there any way to make Live avatars look less...gender-fluid? I see what Microsoft was going for but I can’t seem to make myself look like myself. The range seems to be super feminine to Daria feminine even when choosing a masculine body type, facial hair, and all the other stereotypical masculine stuff.

I got the Godzilla costume when they were giving that away then I bought the pole dancing emote because are you gonna have Godzilla and not have him pole dance? Of course not.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
How does All access work with existing Game pass Ultimate subscriptions? I'm paid up till April 2023

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Stux posted:

debt is an inherently bad thing sorry you live in a poisoned land where you buy like bread on a credit card or whatever

also going into debt to purchase something whose value will trend downward from the second you buy it is stupid unless its your only option due to income, especially when its a luxury good already. if its your only option thats fine. if you can afford to buy it buy it.
I'm halfway seriously asking if you're like a fundamentalist Muslim that thinks they can't get into heaven if they owe money

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I had to redownload the app to get it to work. Anyone else have that problem?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Skyrim is coming to Gamepass permanently? drat, looks like I'm getting gay lizard people married again

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

ethanol posted:

how do you not already have skyrim

I bought it for the 360 but I haven't played the Xbone edition

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Ok Comboomer posted:

The solution there is to not get Assassin’s Creed

But I want to be a viking that dual wields shields and fucks everything.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Is there any reason Microsoft hasn't bought any Japanese developers yet? Is their some legal barriers that stop foreign businesses from buying native Japanese companies?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciMRpi7rFiM&feature=emb_logo
Cosmic horror FPS Quantum Error is coming out for the Switch. Also it's in the 22nd century but they are still using pump action shotguns. I can't convey how angry that makes me.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Zerot posted:

EA Play joins Xbox Game Pass Ultimate at launch.

https://twitter.com/XboxWire/status/1310927394186772481

Well looks like Patrick Stewart is gonna be an MMA fighter soon.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Barudak posted:

EA Play bringing you that Anthem content you crave.

EA's non sports game lineup is dire, innit?

I'm actually excited about playing Anthem. I know it got terrible reviews and it's not even in a genre I like but I REALLY like Iron Man so............

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

MarcusSA posted:

Can’t you like buy the game for like $1 these days?

I get Game Pass for free with Microsoft points.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
So for some reason my Game Pass app can't find my Xbox One S. I can't remotely download games from it. This wouldn't be a problem but the download 5 games quest is worth 100 points this month so it's annoying me. I've done all the trouble shooting suggested in the FAQ to the best of my ability but nothing has worked. This is driving my OCD crazy.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Zerot posted:

I had this happen and some combination of reinstalling the Game Pass app and rebooting the Xbox One fixed it. I'm sure you already tried that, though.

I figured out what's wrong. On the app I can still download to my lap top and when I tried to start a remote download on the Xbox website it said I didn't have a registered device. So for some reason my Xbox account dose not recognize my Xbox One. What's even stranger is this has not affected the function of my Xbox at all. I can buy stuff on it and download from game pass no problem. I left a message on the Xbox support forums but I haven't heard anything yet.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Shirkelton posted:

Sony will be fine. Those games aren't going to be selling the same numbers anymore.
Yeah. Skyrim sold way less than Oblivion.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Did it actually?! That's mad considering Skyrim came out on double the platforms
No. Skyrim is the 19th highest selling video game of all time. I was making fun of they guy that said they aren't going to sell well anymore.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

bushisms.txt posted:

Also stadia, which is what I'll be trying it on first.

First time this sentence has been typed.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

uncle blog posted:

To be fair, most convicted pedophiles were in posession of one or more PCs.

Possibly also Playstations.
I read somewhere once where a lot of pedophiles were Trekies.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

American McGay posted:

Don't worry once Microsoft buys SEGA it will be.

God I want that to happen so badly. Think of all the IPs Sega is sitting on that it never uses. We could get a new, really good, Golden Axe game. Do you realize what that means? Sexy barbarian mommy to step on my crotch.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Real hurthling! posted:

The mp is very fun but half the maps suck or have bad spawns i played it for a couple weeks and fell off.
The sp is cool but very limited in terms of scenarios for missions vs the older sw flight games but if you didnt play those to death you probably wont notice.
I think you need vr to really make it a long term hobby. The impressiveness wears off in meat space after you tire of the content.
A very good value for a budget game tho

How exactly do space fighting game maps work? Isn't space mostly empty?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

I said come in! posted:

Bill Gates took my xbox series x order and used the money to buy crack, so now im not getting my xbox.

At least he didn't forcibly vaccinate you.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Akuma posted:

Oh poo poo I completely forgot that was in there.

What other primarily FPS games had space or air dog fighting? CoD Infinite Warfare is the only other one I can think of right now but there must be more.

Surprising they never did that with Destiny considering everybody has spaceships.

Star Citizen. :gary:

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I had this solid gray cat called Frankie that LOVED to lie on me when I played video games. Once he even got on my chair and meowed because he wanted to lay on me. drat, now I'm almost crying.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

tensai posted:

Today, I noticed my xbox logo looks gross inside. I assume that's not normal.

https://ibb.co/Wsjq2TH

You got the special "Flood" edition.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

YeehawMcKickass posted:

I know you’re probated right now, but check your PM’s if you can.

The problem seems to be that rewards is sending out promotional codes for new GPU customers instead of codes to add months. I got it resolved but it took some phone calls and it’s a relatively new problem.
Who did you call? I had that problem today and I sent in a tech support request but haven't heard anything back from them.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I picked up a Monster energy drink today and it had a Halo Infinite double xp code on it. Should I save it?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

The Diddler posted:

I thought those codes expired at the end of the year, which would make them extra funny if true.

Just checked it. It does. Funniest God damned thing ever.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Holy loving poo poo Morkredd. I love that this poo poo is rated E.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce2GFR2fcjQ

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Detective No. 27 posted:

Microsoft Flight Simulator on Xbox is really cool. Can't wait to send my friends screenshots of me crashing planes on their houses.

Hello Trump Tower.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
One of the reasons I was originally reluctant to get Game Pass was because I was afraid I would be overwhelmed by the choices and end up not finishing any game. That's kind of what happened. I'm still glad I got it because it introduced me to stuff like Slay the Spire but I'm playing something then getting tired of it and quieting and I HATE that. So I've decided to knuckle down and play the Yakuza series.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Three things:
1. Viva pinata freaks me out. You breed these things to bust them apart. And it doesn't even kill them. Their life is a constant hell of being busted open. And let's not even get into the forced incest.
2. The bathroom battle in Yakuza 0 is kicking my rear end. I'm still adjusting to the combat system.
3. Also Yakuza 0 related, the cut scenes are so long that my Xbox one S goes into idle mode where the screen dims. Anyway to fix that?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Anyone else get their Game Pass Ultimate Codes problem fixed? I sent in a report like 5 days ago and haven't heard anything. I just tried again and says chat support isn't available for this problem so they sent me an automated thing. It had me try to redeem the code and it says it was expired. So I tried it again on the redemption website and it said it was still for new customers only. I don't know how I'm supposed to fix this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

YeehawMcKickass posted:

You have to make them call you.

How do I do that? I went to the support website and it said that telephone support wasn't available for that problem.