Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
gently caress KEVIN DURANT

When does Summer League start?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So someone help me out here. The Dubs are eventually going to eat poo poo financially for this roster, right? When does that happen, and what implications could it have?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Glumslinger posted:

I think I heard that it would cost about 2 billion dollars to keep the team together over the next 5 years, assuming Curry gets a max contract

Could they theoretically do that if they just went ungodly far into the tax? The cap makes my brain hurt.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

He's right though. Still the best basketball player in the world.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

humpthewind posted:

Could i get a rundown of the Lakers draft moves outside of Lonzo? I love the Josh Hart pick but know nothing about a Kyle Kuzma or a Thomas Bryant.

I can tell you Bryant more than likely suuuuuuuuuuucks.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Punkin Spunkin posted:

the Spurs drafted a guy named Blossomgame so he pretty much has to be a future finals MVP

He's going to quite possibly be a monster under Pop. I say this as a guy who watched him in college as a fan of another team in his conference.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

TheKevman posted:

6'9 225 athletic as gently caress people are comparing him to Draymond idk about that though, he's a different player.

His tournament run was SUPER good. There was no way you COULDN'T pay attention to him or know his name (especially if you were a fan of the losing team).

He averaged like 13 rebs per game, of which like 4-5 were offensive. He was so dominant on the boards and on defense. Against Kansas he went for 11/13/8 blocks. Was amazing.

Kev, I loving hate the Dubs with the burning passion of 10,000 suns but as far as I'm concerned you are the Coolest Dubs Fan and I appreciate your basketball knowledge.

Also yeah I wouldn't compare Brooks to Dray at all tbh.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Holy gently caress.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
WAIT WHAT THE gently caress

I HAVE TO ROOT FOR JAMES HARDEN NOW?!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

NickRoweFillea posted:

Sorry it took so long to get that scheduled reply in. I haven't logged in all day and I get here and see five hundred new posts. Off-season is nutty!

Nick bro I'm simultaneously hype and shook about now rooting for the Rockets. I dunno how to handle this.

Am I nuts for thinking Iggy leaving is kinda a big deal?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Guys I was so miserable thinking CP3 would be stuck in purgatory with the Clippers and Doc's stupid rear end and now EVERYTHING IS LIT AS gently caress. The West is MADNESS.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

Being able to have CP3/Ariza/Iggy on the floor when clinging to a lead in crunchtime would be dope

YESSSS.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The Clippers are loving ANNIHILATED, holy poo poo. Shoulda fired Doc.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Has anyone talked about how John Collins is going to own hard yet?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What if I don't think KD is a bitch for some comedy bit because that's obviously what it was and rather because I never stopped thinking he was bitch made in the first place?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jota posted:

Very sage.

- Kevin Durant after hanging out with a girl who ate Mediterranean

Holy shiiiiit.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This loving offseason what the gently caress

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Am I nuts or did Cleveland absolutely fleece them?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Shear Modulus posted:

Yeah the drama of the Irving trade request, Gilbert firing the GM without consulting LeBron like he's trying to get LeBron to leave, and two stars being traded for peanuts all are hilarious but really none of them change the almost inevitable Warriors-Cavs re-re-rematch

Rockets bitch

(That felt so weird to type)

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DeimosRising posted:

Not if IT is the one taking them. As the Spurs (and most of basketball history) have demonstrated, a midrange jumper is not an inefficient shot if...it's not one. The point of Moreyball is MOST players are really bad in that territory and even if you build an offense around creating good looks there, it has to be insanely good to outpace an offense that takes 3s instead. Not that like, secretly Michael Jordan was bad at 15 foot jumpers.

CP3 also has a mean-rear end mid-range game. That's another reason I think he and Harden will annihilate defenses.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I feel like there might be a real chance John Collins is the best player on the Hawks. Yes I know he's a rookie.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MourningView posted:

This gif is amazing

Max Kellerman's face is goddamn incredible.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Imagine being such a pathetic human being that you've been banned from Twitter like 3 or 4 times :allears:

Wait WHAT?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Metapod posted:

Can't believe Russell Westbrook signed with the Los Angeles Thunder of Oklahoma City I'm still shaking

Ilu Metapod. Just wanted to let you know.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So because I've stupidly looked other sports places and been irradiated with stupidity, help me out here: Houston is probably #2, MAYBE#3 in the West right? Kawhi is a bit of a question mark and until I see Melo working in OKC I'm going to assume clusterfuck. Am I nuts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tae posted:

OKC is the 2nd best team on paper, but they might fall behind a bit because they had such a roster turnover in the starters.

Plus like I said, Melo is Melo.

• Locked thread