Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Steph smoking a cigar with two hands was funnier than Durant spitting out the beer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

As long as the warriors are in tact, I don't see any way LeBron leaves the Eastern Conference.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

ChickenMedium posted:

Jesus hated getting posted up.

hahahahahah goddamn

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

David Griffin is a loving idiot if he turned down those other teams on a hope that Gilbert would do the right thing.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

LeBron called the shot and made Gilbert eat the bullet on it because he owed him one for the letter.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hand Knit posted:

Is D'angelo Russell secretly bad? Why are the Lakers doing this?

I mean, he's not that good. But that's a fair price for taking on an expiring after next year for mozgov's poo poo deal in order to get George and LeBron

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Magic will buy out Lopez and he'll go to golden state because god hates us

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Spacebump posted:

I like this part of that article.

"Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical said on a podcast last week James could again leave Cleveland next year, this time potentially landing in Los Angeles with the Lakers or Clippers. Meanwhile, Cowley added Irving has been contacting fellow Team USA players to inform them "he might be willing to push for a trade" due to the ongoing drama."

edit: if you look at the roster of last Team USA, you can assume he didn't contact the Warriors, Knicks, or Pacer from the team. That means he is allegedly considering forcing a way to the Raptors, Pelicans, Bulls, Clippers, or Mavs.

I'm here for Kyrie/Brow/Boogie

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If LeBron leaves, the Cleveland wrath will be on Gilbert this time, not LeBron.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The picks they've given away over the next few years have protections in case the Cavs get bad again. Another reason Griffin is a cool dude.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Carlosologist posted:

how could the Clippers even add Butler

I guess they could S&T either Paul or Griffin if they wanted to go to Chicago.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The cavs should do what they need to do to get Danny Green

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Charlz Guybon posted:

Someone posted this link a ways back, showing the players with the best winshares at every draft position.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/19657372/the-best-picks-every-nba-draft-slot

I knew that Kobe was drafted 13th, but I had no idea that Karl Malone was drafted 13th. And Stockton was 16th the year before. Whoever made those picks deserves to be in the hall of fame. How could 12/15 other teams miss these guys?

I'm old enough to remember those Finals against the Bulls. How did these two guys never win a ring. Boggles the mind.

the best thing about this is the gaping hole where Anthony Bennett goes

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

what in the gently caress

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

E: wrong thread

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Tae posted:

Worse trade, Jimmy Butler or DeMarcous Cousins?

Keep in mind, Buddy Hield was healthy

Well One involved Buddy Hield so

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

hahaha he's holding a car flag

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lavar Ball seems to be a good father who means well but has incredibly poor execution.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I think he's a meh coach but that would be a good role for him. It adds credibility with guys. It's pretty much the hire they would want to make if they didn't want stars to think they're a huge joke like they do right now.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If the spurs have interest my brain says keep him

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Iggy will leave and Chris Boucher will magically turn into a mini Giannis or something because Golden State.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

3/55 is really not bad for Teague and gives them some good room to do more.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahha after all of this loving Oladipo and Sabonis nets Paul George I am loving dying

Nah it's okay we don't want Kevin Love. We've actually got an offer for Domantas Sabonis but thanks anyway

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Seriously did Danny Ainge refuse to go higher than Olynyk for George or something?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

LeBron could sit out until the ECF at this rate

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Tae posted:

Who the gently caress is in the all-star game for the East? Butler, George are gone.

Dion Waiters :getin:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Has anyone looked into the possibility of a bastard Ainge child running for office in Indiana?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

How much cap space does OKC have?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Paul Zuvella posted:

Kyrie
Derozen
Lebron
Melo
Horford

IT
Wall
Beal
Kemba?
Love
Dwight?
Uhhhhhhh....

Giannis

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

forget the 8 seed, who can we eliminate as a contender for the 3 seed??

E: never mind

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

RCarr posted:

I've never really watched Waiters play. Do I want the Knicks to sign him?

well, do you hate the Knicks?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

$10m per for a guy who does one thing really well isn't so bad when you consider how many guys get near $20m to do nothing well.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Tae posted:

The problem with the Celtics isn't rebounding, it's Tristan Thompson

he's a problem because they can't rebound.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Kyrie for Lillard

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

DC Murderverse posted:

One of them is gonna have to flame out, Marinovich style, and it's not gonna be the middle one because he knows he's bad.

It's LaMelo. Big time. Lonzo seems like he tolerates his dad. LaMelo very clearly believes every word of the bullshit.

Also, I've seen a good bit of LaMelo video and I assume the middle kid has no arms or something if he's universally believed to be worse than LaMelo.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Paul Zuvella posted:

This is my stupid trade idea. It also features Franky Nicotine going to the Cavs (which cannot happen until August 4th)

e: am I crazy for thinking this makes every team happy?

if there's anything Cleveland needs, it's definitely another shooting guard who gets hurt a lot

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Intruder posted:

No jail can hold me

Is Love/Shumpert an upgrade over Anderson/Gordon? :thunk:

With that coach I would call it a wash. Love is an upgrade there but Shump is a big downgrade.

Also, I don't see a sensible Cleveland trade situation with Kyrie that doesn't involve Phoenix. Bledsoe/Jackson would be ideal but if that didn't happen I could see something like Kyrie/Frye for Bledsoe/Bender/Alan Williams.

Obviously that's not ideal but they're gonna find themselves between a rock and a hard place inevitably.

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jul 27, 2017

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

DeimosRising posted:

Gordon is mediocre and he's getting a lot fewer minutes going forward with Paul on the team

I agree but I can't see any value in Iman Shumpert on a Mike D'Antoni team.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

WhyteRyce posted:

Would anyone actually be interested in TT? I know he can do some things pretty well but the market for a highly paid rich version of a hustle big man has to be pretty quiet.

Kyrie/Tristan for DeAndre/Beverley/Wes Johnson would work I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

San Francisco is cool to visit and has good food but I'd rather die than live around those people

• Locked thread