Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I am excited for the 2018 finals of Golden State Warriors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers.

In fact I am so excited that you might call me shook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

TBeats posted:

Who will win MVP in two weeks?

It will be the greatest player of all time, and King of not being shook, NBA Champion Kevin Durant.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Metapod posted:

Giannis and kawhi were both 15
Jokic was in the second round
Jimmy Butler was late 20s
Gobert was late 20s
The talent is always there teams just have to identify who is it and develop it (which is hard)

Yet sometimes even with the #1 overall pick there is nobody worth drafting (Anthony Bennett). Finding elite talent in the NBA is stupidly hard, like finding an NFL QB.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Oh yeah if Steph's so great why isn't he 7 foot tall?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
The fans are the real MVPs.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

What's the point if you can't get the whole set fam? Not a big baller.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
https://twitter.com/KDTrey5/status/2056108193

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
God I can't wait to see what one-and-doners UofL will bring in over the next couple of years.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

ex post facho posted:

i used to be, back before i realized that maybe ~10% of the franchises in the league has an actual shot to win each year

kinda discouraging if you're not a fan of those teams

on a macro level it's still far better than the NFL or the MLB and fun to laugh at the insane decisions by front offices to try and become competitive again, but the fact that it is by far the least competitive pro sport (and more and more people are seeing that) really dampens my personal enthusiasm for it

Do you like any sports? Every league I can think of has a handful of good teams and the other 90% are middle of the pack or bottom feeders.

Like do you really think the Padres have a shot at the World Series this year?

Basketball is different because aside from an NFL QB, there really isn't a situation where you can get one superstar that dramatically changes a whole team. LeBron goes back to Cleveland and they immediately turn from garbage to Finals competitors.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

ex post facho posted:

i don't think it's really shortsighted to think that wahtever team lebron and curry are on are favorites to make it to the finals for the next 5 years, or i guess until lebron finally starts breaking down, which will admittedly probably happen in the next 3 years

the nba could eliminate:

- Nuggets
- Jazz
- Suns
- Grizzlies
- Bucks
- Timberwolves
- Pistons
- Magic
- Pels
- Hornets
- Raptors
- Nets
- Pacers
- Thunder
- Kings

disperse their talent to the other 15 teams and you instantly have a better league, full of stacked teams that would produce the best most competitive basketball youve ever seen

They should eliminate all teams West of the Mississippuh like God intended when he created the NBA on the 7th day (no rest for him because God is a big baller), furthermore

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

ex post facho posted:

drat i'd watch the poo poo out of that series

It would be like watching an American Olympic team except their opponent also belongs on the floor.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Very hosed up that nobody named Jesus is in the NBA hall of fame, but I guess we do have one Moses.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

chunkles posted:

i've said it before and i'll say it again, rodman is going to cause the apocalypse

Fam he will save the world.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
On this Father's Day let us remember the great NBA fathers like Shawn Kemp and the man who just wanted to feed his family, Latrell Sprewell.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Oh Thibs let me show you my triangle....

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Oooooh LeBron's cryptic tweets got me shook

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Cool Buff Man posted:

Why would the Cavs fire their very good GM and try to run Lebron off of the team

Dan Gilbert is just trying to put the pieces in place to be able to draft LeBron James Jr in a few years.

Lightning strikes twice!

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Swaggy P ring chasing!

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Shear Modulus posted:

between javale and swaggy golden state is shrewdly signing all the most likable players to attempt to get people to stop hating them

it won't work on me. not unless they also sign vince carter and also also sign t-mac out of retirement.

The Warriors need to just take it to the next level and sign some old ballers in their 50s and 60s who never got rings to play a few minutes and take injury settlements.

Imagine Karl Malone getting minutes in the NBA this year.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

leftist heap posted:

"needlessly cruel" my man it's a guy who throws a ball around for millions of dollars

He's just trying to feed his family.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

FlamingLiberal posted:

I really thought LeBron was smarter than to go back and work under Dan Gilbert. I hope he leaves again. Gilbert's never going to stop pulling the same crap.

LeBron made the right decision for a number of reasons (#1 being erasing all the bad PR from when he rightly left the first time, and that's coming from a Cavs fan). But, if the ownership keep loving with the team when everyone with a brain knows LeBron recruits and probably pays guys extra off the books I don't blame him for leaving again (though I would once again be very sad).

Dan Gilbert just needs to be an absentee owner who opens the check book to bring in all stars from 2011 that LeBron parties with and hope that GSW get some injuries before the Finals next year.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
LeBron paying guys extra is a common conspiracy theory in Cleveland, probably not true but nothing about under the table money in pro sports would surprise me.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Finally the Cavs get off their asses and match GSW with their second MVP. Make the deal, it can't possibly go wrong.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Away all Goats posted:

Rose on the Cavs sounds good. Also means every MVP from 2008-2016 will be on either the Warriors or Cavs :eyepop:

Maybe if the Cavs get a few more MVP players they might have a chance.

2018 is the year of Korver. 450 3 pointers at 99% accuracy (even heros fall sometimes).

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
I trust Dan Gilbert to find a piece to equally replace Kyrie and prepare for LeBron's exit after the year to continue the Cavaliers' playoff successes.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

say no to bats posted:

I'd be mad about the Cavs imploding but they won a title which broke a 52 year drought in Cleveland so gently caress it.

Pretty much, I won't complain about anything for a few more years but I'm itching for the return to misery that only the Browns can truly provide.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Why do NBA players have to be so drat cool.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
He was the main guy in four dreadful Cleveland years I'm not sure what he thinks would happen without LeBron but I already know.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

leftist heap posted:

i'm of the opinion that most basketball players can't actually fight and most pro fighters would win against most of them except maybe, maybe in cases of the most extreme size differences. the difference between being trained to fight and mostly untrained are wild. that's my hot take.

Someone never saw Manute Bol whip Refrigerator Perry's rear end.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
He will earn his second MVP!!!!

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Fam this is cold

https://twitter.com/klng_matt/status/889850250235703296

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

I want Carmelo on the Thunder so I can purchase historical novelty Melo Thunder apparel. I think this should be the prime motivation for fans in any trade or FA scenario.

I am still searching for a cavs Shaq jersey.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Jordan would never do that

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Maybe them can combine them into one man, Jarrett Allen Crabbe????

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Who is the better prospect long term, LeBron Jr or LaMelo?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
The cavs are.....goood.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
https://twitter.com/isaiah_thomas/status/13951935228

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Drunk Canuck posted:

James vs Irving. Who posterizes who first? Discuss.

Lebron will kill Kyrie dead with a nuts in the face two handed hanging dunk.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Doltos posted:

The Celtics traded Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, Zizic, and a first for five more inches

I'd trade everything I own for five more inches bro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Juaguocio posted:

Imagine if Derrick Rose was Back too.

I don't have to imagine. MVP

• Locked thread