Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

zapplez posted:

2 - The GSW have compiled a ridiculous super team that is unprecedented in pro sports and hopefully will never happen again. Having a top 5 league player join the team with a historical win-loss and efficiency is ridiculous. Not saying the league should have stepped in, because they shouldn't. But man, gently caress KEVIN DURANT.
I'm not really sure there's anything that can be done though. We just have to live through Golden State winning the next 4+ Finals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

fishing with the fam posted:

I didn't watch much of the Bulls last year because they made me sad and angry. Today has not helped those feelings.

Same. I think I'm done with this team.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

i'm starting to wish the suns won the '93 finals

My wife wishes this too (she was born in and grew up in Phoenix, and is a big Suns fan).

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

At least I'll always have my Jimmy Buckets all-star jersey.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

EvanTH posted:

WHY would you ever sell a pick for cash? WTF is that? Are the Chicago Bulls worried about the imminent merger with the NBA or some poo poo?

Welcome to the Robert Sarver Experience!

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Niwrad posted:

They said last year that Kris Dunn was #1 on their draft board and Denzel Valentine was #2.

People should really let that sink in for how bad GarPax is...

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Away all Goats posted:

Lebron about to start coasting during the first 3 rounds too

A few pages back but LeBron is going to be so rested for the Finals it's going to be great. Especially when Melo and Wade get buyouts and join the Cavs for peanuts.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

EvanTH posted:

huge overpay for Steph

They're going to be in Cap Hell in like two years.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Eltoasto posted:

Team value doesn't mean anything unless you sell the team. National TV and merch outside the arena is all split, so it comes down to tickets and local TV deals to finance deep luxury tax spending. I can't find any recent stuff about their TV deal. Also we now have the sponsor logos which they are saying is worth 15-20 mil a year, well that's what they are asking for.

It will be interesting to see the Warriors deal with a cap hell worse than what Miami dealt with.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

i wonder why the fans of the techbro team have more sympathy with capital than labor :thunk:

It's because the Bay Area is filled with idiots.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

I'm about to go into cancer surgery, here's to hoping the knicks would improve today too. Humor me in what non dolan ways the knicks could get better this offseason

Good luck and kick its rear end!

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Femur posted:

I think their plan was to blow up the team years ago, but all nba players just kept popping up, foiling their plans. I mean how else can you explain a team so desperate to get rid of a top 10 player under a great contract? The dude doesn't even seem like a malcontent.

They lost faith in rose, then Noah has a career year, and protected Rose, so they had to build a case to get rid of both, so they placed blame on coach and Butler. Butler turned out better than both, but they already picked their path, and that battle twisted and force them into thinking they weren't wrong, and Butler wasn't good enough, and now you are here.

This sounds about right. I'm going to root for the T'wolves now since they're sorta Bulls Lite and Jimmy Buckets was my favorite Bulls player in a long time.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Declan MacManus posted:

I don't want to undersell this because however bad you think Garpax is about the bottom line the Suns in the mid 2000s were way worse and it almost certainly hurt the Suns in the long run.

Players that were traded or sold by the Suns for money reasons*, 2004-2009:
-Luol Deng
-Marcin Gortat
-Sergio Rodriguez
-Rudy Fernandez
-Rajon Rondo
-Kurt Thomas
-James Jones
-Emir Preldzc
-Shaquille O'Neal

*meaning deal involved cash considerations

Not to mention letting young Joe Johnson walk
All good reasons for why Robert Sarver should not be allowed to be an owner.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Ramadu posted:

The cubs winning gave us trump because the universe couldn't handle that much impossibility so it couldn't course correct in time

Yeah, while I"m still happy/ecstatic that they won it last year, every day a part of me thinks that if I could trade that for a non-Trump presidency, I would.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

predicto posted:

My wife is a Celtics fan and she keeps asking me for reassurance that this trade isn't as bad as it looks and I don't know what to say and my marriage is in peril help me guys

I'm guessing the peril part is a joke, because if trade reassurance could seriously impact it, then that makes me really sad. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

predicto posted:

Internet hyperbole my friend

We have a great 25 year marriage and we NBA together even though she doesnt love my Warriors like any normal person should

Oh good! Sorry, my infant son has been sick the last few days = negligible sleep for me, so my brain isn't working well!

• Locked thread