Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Argas posted:

I managed to get Melt, Passionlip, and Kiara with only a couple of ten-rolls and a lot of free tickets. My luck in English FGO will never be as good.

I have a NP5 Archer Arthuria. I'm going to miss her :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

TheFlyingLlama posted:

okay, took too many rerolls (even after saying that I wasn't gonna do it lol) but I got Elizabeth Bathory and Hercules. Quick question, are Heaven's feel and Formal Craft good CEs?

Heaven's Feel is decent, Formal Craft is amazing. Maybe the best gacha CE to have for really hard content.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

Yeah, thanks everyone.

So I did the first two 10x gachas and results are....mostly mediocore or weak Servants (my first 4* was Elizabeth) aaand..... I got Jeanne in my second gacha who is apparently 5* and a Ruler? I kinda wanted to reroll before, becouse I was really unimpressed by the Servants I got, but I dont mind Jeanne and there is snowball chance in hell I'll ever get her again if I rerolll so....
Is she good? Especially when starting out and being totally clueless about the game?

She's a defensive support, but she's very good. Basically every 5-star is, if only for their giant stack of stats.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Waver/Marie/a lot of godawful poo poo:

EebkRv12Ce
goons

Arthuria/Deon/Siegfried/Martha

h7WykUTgWG
goons

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Attila/Emiya

ct9EYg5jJN
goons

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Tae posted:

I'm going to spend everything on that purple lancer

or the Melty blood character....?

Ban this sick filth

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

Ok, so in the name of chasing my waifu (don't judge me), I am willing to trade my current Jeanne/Stheno roll for one with Altera (ie. Alien, female, flying Atilla the Hun). Any takers?

I posted one two days ago, nobody said anything, so maybe it's still there?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

NRVNQSR posted:

A lot of the common nicknames are pretty unhelpful to new players. Especially in this case, since the game is making at least a slight attempt to actively conceal his identity from casual players until he ascends.

I've still never bothered to figure out which of the dozen or so possible candidates "Sumanai" refers to.

Siegfried. No idea why or how

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Sophism posted:

Looking at you Jack.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Gil basically does everything Attila or Arthuria do at their very best. Only he doesn't need to use any of his skills to do so. And his actual skills and passive and attack patterns allow him to be more than a wet noodle in between NP bursts, which also come much more frequent thanks to far more crits and base NP generation.
It doesn't help that there are dozens of Arthurias and Attilas out there. Like 90% of the knight class 5*s have that BBAAQ setup with buster NP and a short damage boost and all of them are mediocre, unless they do amazing poo poo outside of that burst, like Gil (or later Drake)

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Day 22: I finally pulled my first loving rider of the game. Thank you Georgios

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Virtue posted:

I really need some high level friends that aren't Jeanne.

I really need some high level friends.

Especially after I told myself that I wouldn't roll any quartz/tickets until I have every non-gold at max Level. Then I wasted everything and now I have a new account.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Wuxi posted:

I really need some high level friends.

Especially after I told myself that I wouldn't roll any quartz/tickets until I have every non-gold at max Level. Then I wasted everything and now I have a new account.

Also if someone wants a lvl~45 account with Gil/Jeanne/Attila/Herc/Camilla and all the 25% Buster/Arts/Quick CEs

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

New Leaf posted:

I totally understand completionism in games like this, and seeing their side stories and such, but those stats aren't really encouraging me to put time and effort into 2-star characters..

And then you see Asterios casually destroying some of the hardest boss fights in the game.

What I mean with that is that his skills are great and his NP is absolutely game-changing.

Wuxi fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Jul 27, 2017

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Used 2 tickets and 24 quartz, got 3 4*: Fionn, Nitocris and Fran. Both as non-summer servants, I feel trolled.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Status report: Still no summer servant, but my Mordred is now NP3 :shepface:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I had hoped we wouldn't get Kintoki for a while... Must stay strong and save all the quartz for Okita.

He's really good btw. Nobody brings the pain better than him (and nobody falls over to a stiff breeze like him) and he works really well with a bunch of free event CEs we'll be getting later on.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I caved and wasted all my stuff before the Okita gacha, but at least I got Kintoki...

And by all my stuff I mean 4 tickets :getin:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

3 Apples deep, 2/4 berserker monuments. And 25 of the other monuments, wtf

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

3/4, 2,5h left. Don't do this to me, game!

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Desperation zone engaged, starting to use quartz for refills

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

4/4. Final tally: 17 Rider, 18 Caster, 10 Assassin monuments

I hate this game

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I still don't have a gold assassin and for some reason my choice will be between NP2 Nitocris or one of the Alters. None of whom I will ever use.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I'm saving my JP quartz for the good stuff

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Also looking for cool friends for my cool account, since all my friends seem to have left the game :ohdear:

I can offer you a max level Fluffy and a whole bunch of midlevel bronze servants, which interestingly enough is also exactly what I'm looking for in my friends. Don't want none of that gold servant nonsense. I don't discriminate against silvers, give them to me too. Also Artoria Lily, who's an honorary silver anyway.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

What about a Silver-turned-Gold? Like my man Cu ?

I can already tell you are a goon of refined taste

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Caster Liz is superior simply because she can oneshot hands in ember dailies with her Buster Up + NP5. Lancer Liz can't, especially not at NP1.
Lancer Liz' support works well with Raikou and Jeanne Alter, since they are the two big female Buster damage dealer, with male servants she isn't nearly as good and with arts damage dealers I'd probably prefer Caster Liz, since those crits allow you to NP much more often.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Btw, does anyone remember when we got the three outfits (switcheroo suit, mage uniform and whatever)?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Endorph posted:

I got bored so I did a guide on the upcoming Servants, featuring GudaGuda, Halloween, and the random Scathach banner. Please look forward to these things happening over the next couple of months.

Sounds about right, although I think Okita is slightly stronger than Scathach.

Nyaa posted:

Orion is the only 5* Archer single target NP for a very, very, long time.

And she's still a good card overall, but she gets outclassed hard by Archer Artoria. Euryale can do her gimmick well enough that you can skip her without problems.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Robviously posted:

I have no quartz, and I must reroll...

FTFY after I spend all my quartz on Drake with nothing to show for

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Anyone remember if you needed to complete Fuyuki for the halloween event?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Oh my god, I just remembered I had an old day 1 Jeanne account left over, so instead of starting with nothing I at least get a Jeanne and a lot of quartz out of my stupidity

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

NRVNQSR posted:

You needed to complete Orleans.

gently caress

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

NRVNQSR posted:

A starting account should be able to beat the first two singularities with just level-up AP, right? I'm sure I remember people doing that on day one.

Yeah, super easy stamina-wise. I even have 5 Apples and you get so much stamina with the 50% AP event, its just that the first few singularities aren't exactly high art

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm gonna try to train myself to not spend Quartz every time I can by setting myself a goal of accumulating 300 Quartz and 50 Tickets before spending again. Wish me luck!

Don't spend Quartz until you have max ascended/leveled literally every servant in your box, then pull until you get something new, repeat.

Then spend it all on Okita anyway, because FGO life without her is no life at all.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Nyaa posted:

Stop when i get one copy

Disgraceful

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Endorph posted:

After halloween, before Christmas. Probably.

For the love of god, please release Gudaguda before Saber Wars, I can't hold onto my quartz if Mysterious Assassin X is on the menu.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

The Halloween Summon Simulator told me I was going to get two Tamamo no Maes on my first 10 roll, so I know for a fact that I am going to get her tomorrow.

Hooray! Can't wait.

How about getting your first one after 1800 stones? :)

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Randomzx posted:

Artoria Alter have worse skills, Instinct is lower, Charisma is at the lowest rank, Magic Resistance is lower, and have no passive Riding skill.
Excalibur Morgan have higher damage multiplier, but have worse secondary effect.

But in terms of corresponding rank at the time, Artoria was near the top at the time (seems to be around November 2015)

Thats JP though, I'm pretty sure max level servants were far more rare, which helps Artoria and Jeanne, since they get a giant sack of stats early. Waver didn't have his buffs and AoE NPs were the way to go since there were no actually hard boss fights.

Also I'm pretty sure these 5* rankings were always poo poo anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

How wrong would I be to skip the Crystalized Lore and just convert my pumpkins into alot of other materials/xp cards? That one Lore is 2500 cakes, thats a lot of other poo poo I could buy instead.