Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Motto posted:

And only the paid portion of quartz purchases count towards that, the "bonus" quartz are counted as free. So you have to pay at least $30 to use it.

Also if buy quartz, you spend the paid quartz first, which is pretty drat annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

NRVNQSR posted:

Huh? Free quartz is always automatically spent before paid quartz - except on the guaranteed 5* gatcha, obviously.

I bought quartz last christmas for the paid gacha, had 60 with my leftover quartz and did a multi on the gorgon gacha, afterwards I didn't have enough paid quartz for the paid gacha anymore.

42+23 package was what I bought

Wuxi fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Oct 19, 2017

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

genericnick posted:

What's happening here is that not all quarz you buy count as paid.

quote:

42+23 package was what I bought

Wow, its almost as if that isn't what happened at all?

I guess they changed it, or it was bugged, since they had a bunch of problems with their quartz buying around new years.
Since I don't speak japanese I never bothered to find out what happened, I just never bought quartz again.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Anyone who says he got Halloween Princess to drop is lying :colbert:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Nice try, photoshopping all these screens :smuggo:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Crasical posted:

Disappointing! Oh well.

I just recently started playing the game so I can't easily farm Vlad or Tamamo Cat so I'll give up on getting the CE's and just make sure I have the extra copies of Halloween Liz and all the ascension candy for her.

I'm sure there's someone in this thread with a Kaleidoscope Lancelot/Gilgamesh/Attila/etc that would be willing to help you out. A good high level 5* can easily deal with the 30/40 AP

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Crasical posted:

Wow, y'all are so friendly.

I only mentioned I was having trouble and about five people walked up to rub their Servants all over my face.

I started playing a little while before the event dropped. I had to rush through Orleans to qualify for it, in fact. I'm only level 32 with mid-twenties levels on my useful servants. I was feeling skeptical that even a max-level support would carry my team that hard, but if you think it will, then sure, I'll give it a shot.

Most events can be completed with a fresh account and good friends. I did Halloween, KnK, Fate/Zero and the Summer Event on completely fresh accounts (since I rerolled for the gacha servants at the time) and I never had a problem doing every mission and cleaning out most if not all of the shop.
Even though normally you wouldn't do that you could also go for the Xp essences before going for ascension mats in the shop, so you can boost up your NP5 Liz you got from the event.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Got my Halloween Princess :toot:

Now gently caress this event lol as if i could stop before buying everything in the shop

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

RanKizama posted:

Everything about Nero is good and makes her best Saber-face.

Look at this dumb person forgetting Okita exists.

And Mordred.

And OG Saber.

Actually, Nero is the worst Saber-face

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

He could be drawing stick figures for all I care, he doesn't deserve that poo poo for sure

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

The 50 AP was pretty easy with lvl40 Jeanne, lvl30 Mash, lvl80 Attila and my lvl30 Saber Lily after Mash died in the first wave.

The new suprise quest is hard as gently caress though. I can barely punch through without using command seals, so I think I'll stick with the 20 AP, since I cleared out the pumpkin items anyway and I need golem crystals

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Captain Baal posted:

+Kara no kyokai is the god

Finally, you have redeemed yourself.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I better get Okita with 240 quartz, otherwise its back to rerolling for me :ohdear:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Gyra_Solune posted:

there is a neat thing you can do with Saber Gilles if you have a Martha in that her second skill can completely clear the defense down and make his NP a no-downside buff. if you have him at NP5 it's a straight doubling of his damage for two turns, and if he had his third skill which is a buster steroid on top of him bafflingly having one of the highest ranks of Madness Enhancement, he has the capability in him to wreck face way above his usual weight class if you're good at timing crit generation (since his NP does throw a small pile of them at you too), and can get a buster chain soon after.

That potential is difficult to get to but it's there which is why I'd definitely rate him higher than, say, Caster Gilles or Meph, who really can't make any kind of meaningful impact no matter how hard you push them. I genuinely don't get those two, their debuffs are weak and their NPs are just okayish waveclears with mediocre aftereffects, like how are you supposed to get anything out of that

Problem with this is that is relies on a lot of setup, a lot of luck (better pull your buster cards after you NP or lol) and then Gilles still can't buster brave chain and still has laughable 6600 attack. I did the math once and I'm pretty sure even if he gets a BAB after he NPs the turn before he still does less damage then a NPBB from Fergus, which only takes one turn to set up instead of two and is far easier to get since you only have to hit 2/3 buster cards instead of getting a natural brave chain and then he still has that dumb 50% defense debuff that turns him into a Berserker for 3 turns. He's absolutely terrible and the worst servant in the game.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

And I'm rerolling :downs:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

SunshineDanceParty posted:

I'm so sorry. But yeah do what you need to do.

I have no regrets. This is the only path

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

Well then, let's do this. 40 Tickets and 810 Quartz. Worst case scenario I'll be able to serve as a case study for why spending money on this trashheap of a gacha is a terrible idea.

Here we goooooooo

I want evidence of your despair

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

What happened to the AI updates in JP btw? I haven't really played since then, but I heard newer bosses took note of defensive buffs, like delaying their NP if you immuned your whole team for a turn.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

Well it's not like you have to max out skills

How does it feel to be a heartless monster?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I'm at 300k points, but I can't really be bothered to farm before the lancer daily is here

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Wuxi posted:

I'm at 300k points, but I can't really be bothered to farm before the lancer daily is here

700k :downs:

The lancer daily is my poo poo

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I'm going to be real sad when all the Nobus are gone and I have to go back to beating up dumb poo poo like servants again.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

The tier lists are probably poo poo anyway and shouldn't be taken too seriously

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

Best case scenario: Paid gacha now, paid gacha 2 in New Years, with only Mordred and Jack as the SSRs.

So 50% chance of getting 5 rare prisms?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

That's no way to refer to the Heir of Camelot. :colbert:

Just because Jacks british doesn't mean she's the heir to anything

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I did maybe 10 door missions in two years, I think I'm good without hording 5000 prisms.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

If you want to know what Rider Alter does, its literally the same as Saber and Saber Alter. They have the same BBAAQ setup, the same NP gain and the same AoE NP. Only difference is switching out Charisma for a decent single target heal.
Sure, Saber Alter has better stats, but that doesn't really change the way they play and feel.

Though I wouldn't really put her below Lily Alter. Yeah, she has worse NP gain and skills, but Excalibur Morgan is a seriously powerful NP

Wuxi fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Nov 20, 2017

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

I just don't think it saves enough time all told. Even if you have Lancelot x2 both with Kaleidoscope and presumably a Waver to bring them up to 100%, you still need to waste a round smacking dudes around. It'd only be a one stop shop if hand farming was only 1 or 2 rounds. As-is the only scenario I can envision where you truly are saving so much time that it's worth mentioning is having three MLBed Kaleidoscopes across three Berserker AOE NP users, which such an insane edge case.

Anyway what I meant more generally is that "good for hand farming" as a servant's only main bit of praise isn't comparatively all that impressive.

There are a lot of ways to get a team that one shots all three waves of hands, but yeah, Waver is the easiest.
I don't even have him on JP, I just take a team of Lancelot + 2 out of Nobu/Alter Lily/Arturia depending on the enemies. Alter gets a LB Imaginary Number Magecraft, the other two a normal Kaleidoscope.
With a Waver friend you use the Def/Atk boosts first turn, NP with your first servant, plug-suit him out for the 3rd servant, NP with the second, critbuff the 3rd with Waver and NP the last wave with him. I rarely play JP anymore, but when I do I finish a stamina bar worth of runs in the time I do a single run playing whack-a-mole on NA with my lovely setup.
I also have probably the most broken arts team possible on JP, easily crushing any content, but I use it so rarely, because the main thing you do is grind your waifus to max ascension for more pretty pictures, then grind a bit more to get them to skill level 6-10. Then grind a bit more to get the newest hotness on the free NP5 4* market. Who also needs their skills leveled.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Got Vlad. Not Okita or Jeanne, but far from the worst I guess.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I'm actually quite suprised how active this thread still is

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

We get lonely.

At least you now all have another 5* waifu for company :shobon:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

UchihaHirou posted:

NP2 is not bad for Drake or Okita, it's the greatest step increase in power. Way better than NP2 for a support character like Jeanne, Tamamo, or Waver.

Yeah, there are a bunch of 5* that really really want NP2+ and Okita is one of them.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

SpaceDrake posted:

Generally speaking, anyone with a single-target NP will see a ton of power from NP2, because NP2 gives your NP 25% more damage scaling and that gets crazy for people like Okita or Jack, who's up next (Quick ST NPs go from 1200 to 1600% scaling). I've been wanting NP2 for my Jack basically all year.

True, but Okita (and also Jack) want it even more than normal ST-NP servants, since they charge their NP so loving fast it basically becomes another Q-card with a fuckton of added damage.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Is Scathach actually dead btw, or did she just stroll down from the shadowlands to say hello?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Also with all the different kinds of Saber we have in this game I wish one of them used Avalon as her NP. I'm not sure how, since its supposed to be hilariously broken, but I still want to see it in action

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Ascend all the things, all the time

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

I need London to come out for my best team to happen - Vlad's interlude boost thing.

Was the December release a rumour or is it confirmed?

Tama/Waver/Vlad is very much super fun. My support slot is mostly for FPs now.

It released in December 2015 too, after Christmas though. But right now we're ahead of schedule (Gudaguda went on into December in JP), so there's mumblings of London releasing before the Christmas event.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

It's amazing how emiya has been buffed consistently to be a very good Archer over time while Seiba has been left in a gutter.

To be fair, there are enough Saber versions out there who are great. Emiya has his Alter version, who I guess exists?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Captain Baal posted:

Emiya Alter is as good as regular Emiya

He has a single target NP, and thats about it? Everything else about him looks straight up worse. He can probably burst reasonably well, but his attack up not affecting his extra attack makes even that questionable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

Decided to finally try out using my two 2030's so I went with Okita/Scathach with a Wave/2030 support on my Berserker training ground runs.

:stare: Yeah, I think this will work. 30-40 stars every turn with two characters with star gather skills is pretty OK.

They're great, but I really wouldn't use them on my dps servants. You lose a lot of stats for 8 stars/turn