Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I don't expect Kansas to go bowling, but I do expect them to beat this Baylor team. Fire Beatty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

You just extended him before this year!

(No seriously why in the world did Kansas extend him?)

I guess the school is valuing stability more than anything, and there's certainly merit to that especially compared to the last couple coaches, but... I mean, this team can't even beat a historically abysmal Baylor team, and it's his third year. The team, as a culture, is not progressing. The quarterback play is as dire as it's ever been. It just feels amateurish. This is a team that used to get three or four wins a year, and round robin changes that, I get it, but... are there really not two more historically winnable games for this team? I just don't think this team is acceptable even in KU's tradition. That's the feeling I get, anyway.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

General Dog posted:

Even before today, this isn't even in the bottom five worst Baylor teams I've ever seen

Either way, Kansas is demonstrably worse than Liberty this year.

I mean, I realize Baylor has been slowly getting some semblance of composure together as the weeks have progressed, but... why hasn't Kansas done the same? They look worse than they did their first week.

I'm not sure what the solution is. But I don't think Beaty is going to justify that extension at its end.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

LiquidFriend posted:

If all else fails, offer a ton of money and unlimited co-eds to attract Lane Kiffin.

I would legit just root for another school if Kiffin became coach. I loving hate Lane.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I wish Kansas could beat VT again, but that's probably a once in a lifetime thing.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

buddhanc posted:

Someone take a lightly used tom herman off our hands so we can swoop in and take Chip Kelly please?

Okay.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

It's not even the Penn State stuff, it's the Josh Freeman stuff too. gently caress Schiano. No one should hire him.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Why wouldn't I?

The guy who, besides the Paterno thing, leaked Josh Freeman's mental health records? Great hill to die on.

As for Beaty, he beat Texas, he gets a year 4. It's stupid and Kansas can do better, but not by much, so whatever.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Is Turner Gill the new Vols coach yet?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Texas rear end and M

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Not that there's any substance to how Leach got fired at Tech, but it's pretty funny how Tennessee got scared of hiring a guy because he witnessed and didn't report abuse of kids, so they're hiring a coach who allegedly abused his players.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

sean10mm posted:

I'm as much V:lol:s as anybody here, but uh those accusations aren't remotely comparable. An adult being stuck in a shed a while is not, you know, child rape.

Missing the point, which is that after Schiano, you'd think Tennessee would make "no blemishes whatsoever" a priority. Then again, Penn State hired Franklin so maybe that's not a real thing.

E: Never mind, Vols are hosed.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

We've hit the peak, boys.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Manoueverable posted:

While everything else around the situation has been quite frankly hilarious, at least Tennessee ended up dodging the Schiano bullet even with the fiasco that's followed. I remember being upset when my school looked at a coach that got fired from Notre Dame for basically not giving a gently caress and said "hmm yeah this is definitely the guy we want running our football team."

Same, except I thought Charlie Weis was a good hire at the time.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Sumlin did fine in the Big XII, so what I'm saying is... Sumlin to Kansas, please.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

MourningView posted:

He’s never been a big xii head coach

Did they make move before he became coach? I can't keep track. Whatever, still better than Beaty.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

Still can't believe you guys kept him, no matter how impossible the job is and how much you're still paying Weis (are you still paying Weis? I just kinda guessed you were).

I was going to say I wouldn't be surprised if they were still paying Gill, but I guess they bought him out outright, which led me to this cute tidbit researching out -

quote:

Gill's $2,101,200 salary was the fifth-highest in the Big 12 (lol). KU fans can thank ex-AD Lew Perkins for that. KU will pay the remaining three years of Gill's contract...

ESPN.com name-drops ex-Texas Tech coach Mike Leach, former South Florida coach Jim Leavitt, Southern Miss coach Larry Fedora and Houston coach Kevin Sumlin.

All of those people are better than Weis or Beaty too, great poo poo.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

MourningView posted:

I think his first year was their first season in the SEC. Agreed on Beaty though, I don’t understand how he kept that job

"We beat Texas. A year ago."

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

LOL at all of this, but especially that someone made this. http://saveksfb.com/#top

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah, well, Kim Anderson.

I like how Weis was hired entirely based off his years with the Chiefs and the AD conveniently ignored those Florida years.

Guys, I'm not sure Kansas is better than Rutgers. I'm fairly certain they aren't.

Probably Magic fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Dec 12, 2017

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Quarterbacking was one of the shittier parts of KU's performance last year too. What the gently caress is Kent State thinking?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

hifi posted:

oh my god they hired the architect of kansas' 0-12 offense for real

Get ready for "lovely run, lovely run, horrifyingly lovely pass, punt" over and over again.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Who's the funnier hire, Herm or Charlie Weis for Kansas.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Pakled posted:

Hmm, who would be a good coach for our religious school's football team? I know, noted rape accomplice Art Briles!

Worked for awhile for the previous religious school that hired him.

It's a good ol' boy network than anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Crotch Bat posted:

You guys are such a broken record at this point. Everything you bitch about concerning your team is a legit point worthy of discussion and highly valued, the exact same situations elsewhere "what are you talking about shutup you have it so good". Like just about every last one of you does this and I'm not even sure you grasp that you do.

as a jayhawks fan am i allowed to bitch about my team

• Locked thread