Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Forer posted:

So what does "Storm Blood" even mean anyway?

Serious answer: Rhalgar the Destroyer is the Patron Diety of Ala Mhigo. He is associated with Lightning and the color purple. So the "Stormblooded" are basically Ala Mhigans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

patch notes posted:

An issue wherein the level 56 samurai ability, Hissatsu: Yaten is misnamed Hissatsu: Gyoten, which is also the name of the level 54 samurai ability. Both abilities function properly, but the only way to tell them apart is by their icon and help text.

Furthermore, using "Hissatsu: Gyoten" in a macro will properly trigger the level 54 samurai ability. However, the level 56 ability "Hissatsu: Yaten" cannot be used in a macro until this issue is resolved. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Whooopsie!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Awww yeah, Red time.

Too bad the Duty fight is broken due to too many people! Is the SAM one the same way?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Brainamp posted:

this new gpose poo poo is cool.

Agreed.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Me too, I bet it'd be a blast on RDM.

RDM is so good. I'm not making GBS threads massive numbers in one attack like BLM, but between the increased mobility, barrages of magic and swords and stuff I feel awesome and powerful in a way BLM never did.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jun 18, 2017

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Yeah I'm having a bitch of a time with this section just after you jump past the tapestry.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Pierson posted:

Also can any RDMs show your hotbars? Having a little trouble finding a layout for mine that flows well between black/white/melee actions.

Here is my setup (I also marked where a few things I don't have yet will go), I use a G13, so I'm not sure how much use it'd be for someone using a keyboard. Basically I've set it up so pushing my modifier button, activates the"Improved" version of each attack skill. I keep thinking I should swap Aero/Thunder and Stone/Fire around so I stop accidentally hitting the 5 second casts so frequently, but retraining myself would be annoying (I definitely should do it though).

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

The Hailstorm Rapier is pretty sweet, isn't it?

Early MSQ minor spoiler: I was amused when shortly after I grabbed one, Urianger goes and gives a modified one to Alisaie

Your glamour is... passable. No hat gaudy though :colbert:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Jinh posted:

Never played that game but I guess I'll turn into one of those "XI is better ra ra ra" types if this is true lol

It took a lot of work and gathering a small arsenal of gear, but back when I played FFXI 12 or so years ago, RDM (usually with /NIN subjob) was one of the few classes that could solo things.

You know how enterprising statics will sometimes sell savage drops and carries for people? Back in FFXI I used to make the majority of my cash soloing Avatars (primals basically) for fledgling Summoners so they could get their summons. These weren't outdated fights either.

That's right, FFXI was such a lovely grind fest that SMN was required to do fights requiring a full party (Or mercenary RDM/NIN) just to get job essentials, one such battle for each and every summon.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

The European servers are having maintenance at the same time?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

super sweet best pal posted:

Squenix will never make a sequel to that. :negative:

She's definitely a reference too.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

nuru posted:

I'm curious if some dialog I saw in the MSQ was because I cleared Bahamut in 2.x, or if everyone sees that.

ruta posted:

I never cleared Coil, but if it's the line I'm thinking of, it still sounded like it was implied I took down Bahamut.

Edit: I was a bit confused by the line, and thought maybe it was supposed to be implying the stuff that happened at the end of 1.0? I'd need to re-check it.

I haven't finished the MSQ (on Lakshmi) but I don't think he was referring to the WoL... Pretty sure he is referring to Omega, the thing the Allagans used to shove Bahamut into that artificial moon in the first place.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I finally hit RDM68 and have VerFlare. Surprisingly, I haven't really had balance troubles with it so far. Figured only having one of the two finishers would cause issues.

Also, new gpose is so good. It also works with limit breaks. I need to figure out a way to get the LB3 cast and Gpose it. What criteria lets you use an LB3? Any full 8man party? Even if its open world?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Ciaphas posted:

Gotta be in an eight man against a final boss, unfortunately.

drat, I guess I'm just gonna have to hope I get a kill shot with it at some point (and remember to bust out gpose after).

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Augus posted:

Red Mage wasn't self-explanatory to me, I had to look it up to realize you're supposed to use Jolt to trigger dual cast and use that to cast thunder/aero quickly :saddowns:

Do you skip quest text? X'Rhun even tells you to use s short cast to instantly cast a longer spell in the intro quest.

X'Rhun also can do dungeon mechanics, unlike pubbies. Rhun is best trainer.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Jun 21, 2017

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

MotU posted:

lol if you have hats turned off instead of glamoring to glasses

Glasses should be their own cosmetic gear slot. Please Yoship, please.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

SonicRulez posted:

It's still a waste of time to buy gear, right? Cause the 66 stuff looks nice, but I know the MSQ gives out HQ stuff from time to time. And it's been ages since I got a dungeon.

The MSQ started giving my HQ 66 gear at around MSQ 67-68 level requirement.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Hit 70 on RDM :toot: I am amused that I do the same silly spin when casting VerHoly that WHMs do when casting Holy. I guess its a mandatory part of Holy!

The RDM storyline was pretty awesome. X'Rhun and Arya are pretty cool, and it was really neat doing segments of both Great Gubal Library (Normal) and Weeping City during the quests and even fighting a version of Gubal NM's final boss Do any of the other job quests visit actual past dungeons like that?

Also, X'Rhun can do mechanics, he is better than your average pubbie.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Jun 22, 2017

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

They've made reference to a Garlean Phantom Train however . It is what uses those massive train tracks you see at the very north of Northern Thanalan. Apparently the line runs all the way to Garlemald.

[Edit] that's what I get for not refreshing while at work

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Oh btw to whoever asked about Kan-E-Senna's bodyguard, the EE doesn't mention him at all. Closest you get is Kan's profile mentioning she didn't discriminate in her efforts to save lives at Cartenau in the wake of the Calamity.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Gotta admit I've been using Mana Shift to support my healers a lot more than I thought I would on RDM. Until you get VerFlare and VerHoly it's pretty Mana neutral and even with those finishers the drain is slow and liberal usage of Lucid Dreaming (which you'll often need anyways to dump emnity) keeps up with it.

However if you start having to throw VerCures or even a VerRaise you'll start running dry quick. Especially VerRaise, given it costs 25% of our MP to cast. Yeah I can pick up a third of a full party of the ground in a few seconds, but I'm gonna be gassed afterward.

But anyways always happy to throw my healer buddies a bone, those Holies and Gravities are pricy. gently caress Honest Healers though, if all you're gonna do is heal you should have plenty of MP to do that.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

It feels like I have received more commends on RDM in a week than I would get on BLM in three months.

I can't tell if that is because of the head drawing flashiness, being relatively good vs lovely RDMs, the manashifts and clutch heal/raises, or what.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

cheetah7071 posted:

I and I assume every other dragoon in the game will commend any ranged DPS who stays in dragon sight range during dungeons, so that's a free way to pick up a few more

I am ignorant of most other DPS jobs, what is this and what does it do? :v:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Ah, neat. I guess I might have to not avoid Dragoons now.

Their bad attracts the AoEs you see...

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

She is still a bit of a goofball.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I just watched the after the credits after the everything cutscenes.

Super mega chocolate spoilers seriously do not mouse over this:

Gosetsu AND the evil Doma lady are both alive!? I know this game has a tendency to avoid killing off important characters but holy poo poo.

If it helps Gosetsu is clearly annoyed at this too.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Oxyclean posted:

I like seeing how many people do or don't get the second bosses' gimmick.

It took me a bit to realize that counterattack move's gimmick because I missed the shields going up among all the magical SFX of the BLM and my RDM spells. I caught on to "Fore and Aft" and "Port and Star" immediately though.

Also is it just me or does Caster Gear not exist in the 70 dungeons, I swear I've seen basically nothing for my RDM drop. Not too big a deal since I'm working on the i310 stuff (almost full on left side!) but still weird. I am probably just getting unlucky though.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

*punches palm*

*nods*

I still can't believe this is not an Emote we can do.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

It's also a rad as gently caress dungeon, with a ton of nice details if you look around while grinding your ex roulettes.

There are a ton of GC NPCs running around fighting, with speech bubbles. One guy tells you to attack the scorpion robot while his tail his up (final fantasy 7). Raubahn and Pippin are fighting together just inside the castle. Hien and some ninjas are fighting another group just outside the throne room. Probably a bunch more but I haven't looked too hard yet.

Merlwyb and Kan-E-Senna can both be seen during the street fighting. Senna is not an Honest Healer, I'm pretty sure I saw her shoot and aero or some rocks. Merlwyb is, ofc, just shooting dudes in the face.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

homeless snail posted:

I think he just felt a responsibility to deal with Nidhogg's eyes himself, which yeah good call Estinien cause we just loving left them sitting there after killing Shinryu.

We probably didn't notice them among the red flowers/they were under Zenos' corpse.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

TyrantWD posted:

I am level 23 and the only quest I have available is Sastasha, so am I basically stuck until I can get this done? I had a queue pop once, but the healer dropped out before we began and everyone abandoned the party.

Are you on Excalibur? If so ask some goons to run with you or something.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

RDM is a good questline. Its the adventures of the Three Magical Musketeers vs Cults and Voidsent. Also X'Rhun is a cool guy and can do dungeon mechanics better than many players. He knows to stack on stack markers, can catch particle beam meteors, and other things.

The duty instance fights were all pretty cool too, I wish I could replay them.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

The rhythm of RDM is pretty easy.

You just cast aero and black, and then aero and black, and then aero and black, and then corps-corps forward.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Harrow posted:

Also I think my favorite caster LB3 might still be Meteor, because I love how the Black Mage just throws their arms wide as it descends, like "LOOK AT THIS poo poo, THIS IS AMAZING"

RDM takes a small bow as the hellfire erupts.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Can I just sum up that parse with this?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

ImpAtom posted:

I imagine they noticed but since the mechanic is trivially bypassed by marking the rock the didn't overly worry about it.

Just imagine if they found a way to put the same mark on all the rocks, or scramble random marks onto all the rocks. :allears:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Yeah but she is already running <<SCN7>>

jalapeno_dude posted:

So the Stormblood MSQ has a few mentions of a Hyur and a Lalafell pair following you, e.g. here and here, and I don't think it ever got resolved who they were or why they were following us. I suppose it could be Raubahn and Pipin from the description but that doesn't make sense to me. Anyone able to shed some light on this?

It might be Laurentis(?) and Yuyuhase (that deep-voiced little shite)

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I haven't played SMN since before HW but this seems like a decent breakdown without going into super detail. Some might find the guy annoying though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw95gpG97UE

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

That boss definitely needs to show up again. Maybe in the Hildibrand series.

Also is it weird to be annoyed that he uses Zanmoto even when he doesn't get paid anything? He should just use Daigoro or maybe Kozuka instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Mid lander? Midgelander. *flexes Swolelander muscles*