Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

I think some of you are missing the fact that LK is documenting all this and reporting it to Square so it can be looked into. He did say that they fixed the things he initially found, it just turned out there was another way to do it.

Also the colors are pretty garish as 50s pointed out, so I'm not too sure a ton of people are going to go out of their way to do it other than to see if they can.

It might be funny if they fix it just due to the rage it'd cause all the people using it to make their tits bigger (one of the changes that only shows up to the person doing it AFAIK).

A Spider Covets fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jul 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

MechaX posted:

The magic happens when Bahamut's second Akh Morn animation goes off, but does no damage because Bahamut was too busy shuffling in place and then bounces because you had to move one foot to the left.

The new SMN stuff is so damned janky. I've been playing SMN a bit more lately to mix things up (I main as SCH), and while it's awesome when everything comes together and you can make some really big dick numbers, Bahamut has been a rude dude to me a couple times. I notice it most during Susex.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Ehhhh, you may be disappointed to know that you can only use FC gear while you're that FC.

What happens to glamoured items when you switch GCs? Does it just go back to the item's default appearance like when you switch races while using a race-only glamour?

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Bummer. Flames have some really cool glam items, but I just switched to Mael for PvP purposes since I see them win quite a bit.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

It'd be kinda nice to see a new Grand Company spring up someday. Blue would be a good color, now that you mention it.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

dogsicle posted:

The major drawback of having to teleport to an aetheryte shard ten steps from the GC. :confused:

It's not a big deal, but Flames do have a super quick commute. I turn in items to GC to level my crafters a lot and noticed the difference, it's just not enough to make me choose one over the other.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

I still like SCH

Also I thought Ali really was the best female character in SB by far. She's confident, but she's also caring and has a dry wit. I'm still warming up to her brother, but I'll join the group saying he's interesting because he's so flawed.

I really liked having the light on characters other than the WoL in the MSQ this time around, too. It felt like the cast was stronger as a result.

The pacing loving sucks tho lol

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Lmao

Just me and my duck

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

{ Be wary of amazing chest. }

{ Try holding with both hands. }

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Ohhh dude I can't wait to heal tomorrow. Those SCH changes are nice.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

good times in the new goon guild, <mol?>

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

\o/ grats

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Countblanc posted:

I hope we fight an Emerald Weapon primal/trial

That would be super cool + this would be a good expac for it

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

when protect macros go wrong

Lmao thank you

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Are you using sweetfx or reshade? I get this error sometimes since the last big patch. I solved it by renaming one of the dlls from like dxdg9.dll to dxdg11.dll. not at my computer atm though but I think it was the only dll with that numbering.

Some other people had luck rolling back a version. Reshade doesn't work at all for me now, but sweetfx 1.5 is fine.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

I let my niece design my character and now I'm the cattiest catgirl ever. Oh dear.

Haha I want to see this too, post a screen! :3:

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Oh you hooker! Grats dude.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

If anyone, I'm surprised they weren't bitching about Lyse after her wet fart of a storyline in SB. She really didn't develop at all, just kind of... became the leader of the rebellion without learning anything about herself, I guess. Or at least demonstrating that she did, not saying it.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Haquer posted:

lmao

E:

oh lord he thinks I'm the other goon, nice

Lol. What's going on here?

@8bit yeah I agree. I was so dismayed by her role overall, but maybe they'll do something more with it in future patches? It just seems odd, like they handled Alphinaud's development in HW so much better. I loved that when he was a dumbass, he paid for it and we watched him grow as a person.

Ali is still the star of SB for me atm, although Hien was awesome, too. I love Yotsuyu as well, I hope things turn out OK for her. It'd be great if she actually didn't join our side, but got a chance to live as a normal person. I doubt they'll do that, since it's not the kind of storyline that could be readily tied to dungeon content, but it'd make me happy.

A Spider Covets fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Sep 10, 2017

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

SonicRulez posted:

A post like this is why I don't really get the criticism of Lyse (and don't understand the spoiler policy of this thread). They do explain why she becomes the leader. It is because of her father. The previous leader believes that she has a good heart and thinks that if he places her in the position, she will grow into it. It's a more gentle "sink or swim" moment. The situation progresses very rapidly (because a proper timeline for current events would be disastrous) and dude dies before she's able to pull it off, but that was his plan. An immense amount of faith in a fallen comrade's last surviving family member. The only way for Lyse to understand being a leader is to lead. So she runs 'round and realizes that the situation in Ala Mhigo is more complex than punching the right Garlean. I don't believe we're meant to see her journey as finished by the end of 4.0. I think the future patches will elaborate on her earning the respect of the people she doesn't already know personally and she'll probably be subjected to the same chains of command that Alphinaud got in the 2.x storyline. Her deciding to stay rooted in Ala Mhigo to do work instead of going on more Scion adventures felt like a good step for her character. Taking on situations before you're actually prepared for what you've signed on for is a recurring theme in FFXIV.

Do all of them, the gear is great and you get an exp boosting ring for future job leveling.

I guess it's just the way it ends. At the end of the Stormblood storyline, it feels very finished, like things are calmed down now and she's supposed to just... be a leader, suddenly. None of her dialogue really convinced me that she'd changed at all, either - like, we see moments when she wants to step in, she wants to lead and participate, but it never feels like she does until we reach the end and all of a sudden, we're supposed to believe that she's just ready for this because she is. I would've liked to see her jumping in more before that final moment. It's emphasized further for me by the fact that we see Alisae being so brave and trying out new things, working with the local populations and really getting her hands dirty while she helps build up this rebellion. I would've liked to see Lyse doing more of that.

I think if they continue working with her, though, show her stumbling along the way and learning as she comes into her role as leader, that'd nullify my criticisms and make me a very happy camper indeed.

Also I don't care one iota about video game spoilers, I'm just spoiling to avoid ruining anyone else's fun or derailing us with another spoiler argument lol.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Mordiceius posted:

Hien is my boy crush.

I am a girl and he is my boy crush too

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

Cirina was dropping some pretty heavy hints though.

:gonk: nooooooooo

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I mean, the story's not done yet, though. Do you think she's going to just disappear now?

No, I just would have liked to see more of that kind of thing during the storyline we've seen so far. It feels like there should have been something in the buildup. Like I said in my other post, hopefully future patches will work on it.