Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

My only real disappointment with the ending is that we don't get a Zenos' Best Friend title.

The Doomhammer fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jun 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Harrow posted:

I wish there was a way to put certain quests on Ignore. Since I returned for Stormblood I have a bunch of 50/60 dungeon unlock quests clogging up the map, and I accepted them and got to the point where the dungeons are unlocked, but I'm probably not going to take the time to do all of them one by one. I could keep them around in my journal just in case I roulette into the right dungeon as I go but then I'm taking up like a third of my quest log with quests I'm basically ignoring.

You can, click on the box next to the quest in the journal a couple times.

edit: what they said!

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Kaubocks posted:

new to ffxiv, been playing gladiator, got up to level 30, started the level 30 gladiator quest

this is the first quest in the game i've failed and boy howdy am i failing spectacularly-- failed it five times so far!!

anyway that's my ffxiv story thanks for listening

Make sure to kill the named mage on the bridge (the first one, a second shows up later and you'll want to kill him too, but need to take out that first one.)

I buggered up that quest a few times myself because I was too used to the whole 'you take on the nameless adds while NPC fights the named boss' paradigm most of the ARR solo duties seem to follow.

The Doomhammer fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Jul 3, 2017

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

TFRazorsaw posted:

everyone I love in this game is taken from me

You'll always have Alphy.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

So this solo duty with Tataru after Swallow's compass is the hardest fight in the game, right?

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

The main stumbling points are before Titan, before Garuda (i find this way worse than Titan, at least that had a fun dungeon and something of a plot excuse), and parts of 2.1 and 2.2 (though they have Moogle Mog and leviabeetus, so they're not all bad.)

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Monks getting tonfa weapons, neat!

Where's my staff for Dragoon, SE?? I'm sick of rocking the mythrite pugil stick.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Ibblebibble posted:

If you got some promotional gear from a while back you could have gotten a Monkey King-style staff for DRG :v:

Yeah, I saw that trawling through the equipment database and got real excited for a moment. Honestly I don't think that promotion was ever even available here.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Gentlemen, we have Bongos.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

The squadron is great, but playing a tank with them can be frustrating since the healers have brains like warm pudding.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Lizard Wizard posted:

It's a shame you can't easily run dungeons with actual people as a tank.

I try to hide my tanking from actual people.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

I don't like tanking, I probably wouldn't tank even were I good at it. It is not enjoyable to me, being either too stressful or too boring at any one time. I was just making a crack at squadron healers being bad, sheesh.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Weren't they adding a UI thing that shows whether you can buy something from an NPC on MB purchases? Might bite into that a bit.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

also scrip cost for materia has been heavily nerfed.

The Doomhammer fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Sep 18, 2018

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Safeword posted:

Oh my god how long has this baby couerl been in my inventory

There's a couple of earlyish side quests in aleport that give you that and a baby wolf pup.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

quote:

In the mid-19th century, however, the English navy deemed that these two terms were too easy to be confused with eachother, and so changed the official nomenclature used from "larboard" to "port", thereby retaining the logic and connotations with each term.

This is 100% the problem with the move, at least for me. That extra quarter-moment double checking which one it is that wouldn't be necessary if they just used 'port.'

Oh well, everyone will get used to it eventually.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Already posted this over in the Soul Calibur 6 thread but I figure XIV peeps would also appreciate it. Decided to make our favorite sass master and I'd say it came out pretty well.

There was a pretty good Lyse posted somewhere in that thread, too

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Arenvald's been around, and a member of the scions, since ARR. He used to hang around in the waking sands and was one of the few to escape the massacre. It was pretty fun seeing him step up into semi-prominence for SB, NPC's in this game have a habit of doing that.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Does he still appear in the main quest? My new character isn't far from there, I want to keep an eye out.

He doesn't appear in the MQ until Stormblood, but he'll be back in the Waking Sands once its reclaimed, mostly being sad all his friends are dead, understandably.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

No.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

I thought Secret World got shut down, but I guess it just went F2P, huh.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

onesixtwo posted:

That is the what the two posts above yours are complaining about unfortunately, and the stupid dragoon bo-staff stick weapon that I want for my main :argh:

You too, huh?

I'm so sick of the Mythrite Pugil Stick I've been using as the closest thing to a staff I could find.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

The bodyguards are probably twins, based on their being in all the Solus scenes, and Solus is almost certainly Emet-Selch, who in the Ivalice games was the Scion of Light opposed to Zalera, associated with the zodiac sign, Gemini! Foolproof, I say!

Personally, I really enjoyed Varis going full crazy Nazi in the negotiations, especially all the alliance leaders going from willing to hear him out to 'what the gently caress is wrong with you?' in about two seconds.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Who do I have to kill to get dye channels that won't make half my gear brown or beige when I try to dye it orange? Because I'll do it, I will.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

YOKO TARO ALERT

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Give me the Viangaa you cowards

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Hooray, we get the car.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

I love MCH. I find it fun and mostly intuitive, but I think Square's useless-rear end ability tooltips are hurting it. My biggest MCH issue is remembering to keep Hot Shot up, so I don't think I'd be a good bard.

I don't know how I remember to keep heavy thrust up constantly on DRG, yet remembering to use hot shot eludes me like 75% of the time. It's baffling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

edit: whoops, wrong thread