Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

they cleaned the preliminary patch notes out and added a link on the page to the full patch notes, except the link doesn't go anywhere. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

okay literally when i posted it, it didn't work. and it does now. it also didn't work for other people i asked. so this is one of those times when i complain and it instantly backfires.

i can tell you that for the 30+ minutes prior, the shortened links went to a non-existent page.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jun 16, 2017

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/tales_of_adventure/

They're here, hooray.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

new pvp owns and is good exp

lldr and challenge log is a ton of exp

first dungeon is cool

doma is super loving pretty

i want alisaie's weapon

that's all i have to say

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Depends how you feel about eggs, I think.

https://imgur.com/zz42uGb?r :nms: i guess

i unembedded it

:douche:

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jun 16, 2017

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Lizard Wizard posted:

Am I correct in assuming that the current WHM meta is to roll AST or SMN?

are you playing this game at a level where it matters? like unless you're planning on optimizing your static for clearing savage in the first 1-2 weeks then just play what you think will be fun for you.

no class is dead. some classes are less optimal than other classes in the top 1% of the game.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Attorney at Funk posted:

We don't cast Stone here.

i laughed at this post more than i should have

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Pikavangelist posted:

So when are bans being thrown out..

For people that abuse the work around on the afk timer? I know I know, I'm on Balmung, why aren't you transferring off of Balmung then, and all that worthless tripe people throw around, but when it gets to the point that you see several people unable to play, and the /only/ choice is to play at hours that nobody who actually has things to do in the real world can play? Maybe SE should stop having a hands off approach and actually do something for people constantly abusing said work arounds. Or boot people off of the server so they get stuck in queue. One of the two. I've had enough of seeing it in 2.0, 3.0, and now 4.0. Where people did this on a regular basis just so they can stay on for incredibly selfish reasons.

Yes I'm mad. No, I'm not going to transfer off of a server I was on since 1.0 just to get an immediate 'gain' for a long term loss.

source your quotes

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Zerilan posted:

Pre-60 how does PvP compare to PotD running in terms of xp gains?

pvp at in the 50s is like 14-15% of your level

potd is between 20% and 50% of your level (with max armory)

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Thumbtacks posted:

Please explain how to use ACT and assume I'm an idiot

ACT is broken as gently caress atm, unless you're a class that doesn't use any of the new DOTs. Your best bet is to use this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1evZgz3QyiaHk1BhvFTC_8aQkhcGoXAze-22Ftw0LdQM/edit#gid=0

Make a copy of it for yourself, go do susano ex dummy and plug in your time. Normally there's a website for it, but he hasn't added the HP values yet. http://ffxiv.2digitalgames.de/

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Skaw posted:

So the client update didn't fix Battle Voice being able to miss and be dodged by your party members yet? Uggggh.

i doubt this is going to be fixed since it's the same problem as baning the same moment you hit tri-disaster or sidewindering on the gcd you caustic bite. i haven't missed a single BV since i started doing it on the gcd after WM

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

if you are level 66, 67, 68 or 69 and you are leveling in pvp, i need exp value for a Frontline match please. i'm making a chart since i haven't seen anyone else make one.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

new bard loving owns

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I finished the pvp exp chart I mentioned earlier:

Thank you to the various goons who helped me fill this in. The last level has a note that says 'just do 1 less game and finish this with your job quests'. I'll post the actual spreadsheet once I do dungeon exp values.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Xun posted:

Are bard cast bars gone forever 1-70 or is there still an awkward wana be mage phase?

the only cast bar is foe's requiem

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Frontlines is great and I posted an exp chart for it yesterday (check my most recent post history in this thread). Feast or whatever it's called is good if you have a coordinated group to rapidly throw games, though I don't know the exact exp values per game.

Dungeon grinding is also good if you're a tank/healer/have people that are those roles and can cart your rear end around.

My strategy is to just pvp on a class/role I enjoy and then kill myself when a team hits 1400ish and switch to the one I want exp on. This makes it much more pleasant to do.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Countblanc posted:

speaking of premades:

how? you can only queue with one other person out of a total of 8 players on the team.

I don't know. This is just what friends on Aether are telling me. I don't play that mode, i have no idea how it works. the only thing I can guess is that there's some sort of unwritten agreement that if you see people on your team throwing it, you throw it with them to make it faster.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

excalibur character creation is open

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Blattdorf posted:

The spectacle of it all is why I play FFXIV because once you're done with that, you're just shifting numbers on a spreadsheet.

that's all mmos

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

lyse was the worst part of stormblood

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

I could be crazy but they are different characters aren't they?

Wasn't the implication that Yda died after ARR and was replaced by Lyse-Yda late in HW, who revealed herself to be Lyse at the end and is now hardcore Lyse in SB.

Or is it that she was really Lyse-Yda all along and we never knew Yda? I wasn't super clear on that, but it seemed like the former.

E: Nope, it was Lyse all along. That's silly. They could have solved the whole thing by just saying Yda didn't die until after ARR.

you got to see original Yda via the echo in 1.0, but otherwise nope it has always been Lyse

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

this caused me physical pain

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Ainsley McTree posted:

Your mistake is in thinking that my goal is to do well in pvp, whereas my true purpose is to just get xp for SAM. Not sucking at pvp is a secondary objective

do pvp on a job you enjoy pvping on and then kill yourself when a team hits 1400 points and switch to SAM.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

wow's melee healer was never viable as a primary heal role except for like maybe one patch where it was overtuned as gently caress and could pump out both large amounts of healing and dps at the same time. otherwise, you only ever used that spec when it was farm content nobody cared about to make it go a little bit faster.

everquest 2 had melee healers but they have almost nothing tied into their melee for healing other than 'you happen to be a healer who also happens to melee' and they ran it into the ground so loving hard that melee healers just play like regular spell casters now.

ESO probably is the closest thing you'd get to having melee healers atm? there's probably other games that i can't think of. maybe rift but who cares about rift?

i don't think there's anything out there right now that has MEANINGFUL gameplay where doing Melee Things rewards your Healing Things. i would love for that to be the case but it seems like one of those designs where nobody has figured out how to incorporate it properly and balance the game for it.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Oxyclean posted:

I thought I remember mistweavers being really solid for awhile, since they did decent healing and could skip a bunch of mechanics since they counted as melee.

mistweavers are VERY GOOD and you are correct that they count as melee for ranged mechanics!

fistweavers have not been good for a while and iirc they just slammed another nail in the coffin for them a few months ago.

while they're the same class, you have to specifically talent into the punchy-melee-healer bits.

e:

Cythereal posted:

Warhammer Online had dedicated melee healers. They had to fight in melee and deal damage to build up the juice for healing.

you're right, i forgot about this, but that goes into what I said about there being nothing on the market since that game is dead! Unless you count the private server.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ow0Ppg-u5KbxS-0SqUe5txeY2M5y69F5RzffxD1Er48/edit?usp=sharing

I finished the frontline/dungeon exp chart I mentioned earlier in the thread. If i was a cool spreadsheeter I'd make it calculate like the PotD calculator but I am lazy.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Minrad posted:

what is dungeon exp w/o rested

i dunno but i dont wanna live in a world without rested exp

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Hello friends, my static's Samurai wandered off and vanished into thin air. I need a new melee dps to replace them. Ideally a Ninja or another Samurai, but I'm flexible. I'd vastly prefer someone who is already 70 in that job, but if you're at least 60 in it I'm happy to help you play catch up.

Our days are Sunday, Monday & Thursday, with 2 lockouts per night and a break in between, staring at 8 PM EST (1 AM server time). Will be cutting a day out once content is on farm. Check the recruitment post on Catgirl Bargains for more information: https://catgirl.bargains/topic/53-thals-balls/

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I think it would be great if all three FCs could snag 28, 29, and 30 all in one ward in Shirogane. Just section off that entire part as goon territory.

pbc is not moving because then new players couldn't access the house, iirc.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

then i don't remember what the reason for pbc not moving was!

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

CuddlyZombie posted:

The reason PBC was not planning on moving was because even though FC members could teleport to the FC house, new players who were looking to APPLY to the FC would not be able to reach Shirogane, in order to use the FC board (located at the house) to apply.

Now, I don't know if there are other ways to apply, or if even FC-less new players can make their way over to Shirogane somehow, but that's what was up last I heard.

you can apply if you see a character in game and right click on them.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

hilda

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Lemon King posted:

Character gen stuff

This is from a few pages back, but I want to mention it's kind of frustrating that our character generator isn't more robust. Specifically I mean ours, as in what we have access to as players. There are plenty of NPCs with very unique facial shapes and features that aren't available. Yotsuyu is one good example, as she has many unique features.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

MotU posted:

like i am by no means good at the game in any sense of the word but i can click a flashing button a few times

you dont even need to click the flashing button

you can slam your palms on your keyboard repeatedly and it will accept the inputs

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Sarrisan posted:

(direct hit is also worse than det or crit).

Post your data.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Kalenn Istarion posted:

I will be raiding, I'm just rusty on what stats are good

str is good and direct hit is good.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

VHGS posted:

We'll see for sure when the big releases hit, but the number floating around for direct hit is like 1% per ~40 points. Crit is about ~108.5. Since tanks get no Direct Hit on gear, we really just want to know roughly at what point the relative dps increase from a point of crit is higher than from your first point of direct hit. With those numbers, this graph shows the comparison.

Adding more crit is always better than adding direct hit if you already have around 2000 crit, with that number dropping the more direct hit you have. If Det is really 180 points per 1% of damage as quoted above, crit passes it forever at ~1400 ~1500 (I forgot to move the y-axis to account for det having a lower base).

I didn't ask for your data, I asked for his data, because he needs to back up his advice instead of making poo poo up. :)

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Truga posted:

Not much piety on there :(

i think you're reading the chart wrong my friend

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ow0Ppg-u5KbxS-0SqUe5txeY2M5y69F5RzffxD1Er48/edit?usp=sharing

here's a repost of the exp chart i had made prior to the pvp change. I will try to update it but I will need help with it. i also don't know how big the variable bonus is for time.

I'm Tsurupettan#1172 in the catgirl bargains discord channel if anyone wants to PM me values for wins/losses from 60-69, as well as game length.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

oh good someone re-did the numbers so i can be a lazy piece of poo poo. looks like losing is ~71.5% of winning exp.

since the oforums are loving garbage and i can't even log in to them, if someone wants to post and give this dude my chart so he can grab the dungeon @ 110% exp numbers that'd be cool.