Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I was dreading HW gathering levelling but holy poo poo collectibles + a clock for unspoiled basically gives me half a level every hour while letting me do other stuff. I hope crafting is this great as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Give me race, class and combination squares. Covering the whole area.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I presume at the point of having x crit the weight for each stat changes. Takes around a 100 for det to increase dps by 1% I believe.

E: Also if you are a bard you probably always want crit anyway due to procs being a big part of current bard gameplay

ChaseSP fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jul 18, 2017

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Minrad posted:

is this accounting for brd's 2% crit buff and ast/scholar's crit buffs?

I believe those are flat additions to the crit chance after including crit chance from stats. Also that's just chance and doesn't affect additional crit damage

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

VHGS posted:

Nope. Temporary buffs you're on your own, but just bard buff shifts it up a bit. Like 100 less crit to pass direct hit.

Don't forget Monk with internal release and how strong it is. Also the increased rate it lasts for.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Cracked Clusters aren't hard to get if your server has an active hunt group and isn't filled with assholes that hoard hunt locations or pull instantly. Also you can run the expert dungeons for materia to fuse in Central Thanalan.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Yeah pretty much that's why. Eventually even without melds, crit materia will be better.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Really it's safer to just sheath your weapon for those mechanics or maybe it's because I'm a bard and play on a controller so it's easy to do.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Stop posting how easy O1S is when our static group got it to 6% before enrage :mad:

Once we've killed it it is easy and only babies can't clear it hahahaha

Same although the dragoon in our static was only pulling like 2.4k at best for some reason so we had to do it perfectly in theory to clear.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

So apparently you can join a savage raid you haven't unlocked in Duty Finder via party finder...but it considers your unbeaten duty as completed and reward obtained.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Any other savage bard players here? Trying to optimize my damage due to my group not doing the best.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Skaw posted:

What do you need to know? Also list your party comp because that'll help.

Bard, Samurai Summoner and Dragoon for DPS
Scholar and Ast
Warrior and Dark Knight

Well I'm just trying to figure out a way to deal more dps now rather than worry about my teammates. Dealing about 3.2k on alte at ilvl 316 and we are often struggling to get by it unless we do a perfect run. Been starting off with Foes Requiem, straight shot, blood letter followed by raging strikes, the dots then Wanderers.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Cool thanks for the advice. I'll check out how it works thursday. Dragoon had to be subbed for our last night so I should be doing better next time.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Merlwyb owns because her method of figuring out whose armor is superior in the level 50 armorsmith quest is having people wear it and then have the poo poo beaten out of them then shot. If that doesn't make her the best I don't even know what to say.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Man gently caress gearing up as a bard in the new 4.2 stuff. Bunch of the best pre ex gear is crafted. Like the body set but I'm broke as poo poo. Maybe J should work on making a bunch of crafter main hands and selling them

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Maybe I'm misremembering, but I swear dungeon gear used to be a lot closer to raid-usable than it is now. Like 20-25 ilvls off of best in slot and enough to make the ilvl check for Coil/Savage with a couple of tome or 24-person gear

Sadly the only body gear with crit is the crafted gear. Maybe the BiS site doesn't have them up for some reason.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I'm gonna be sad once Alpha is gone and i hope we get a minion version

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Just play bard and get drunk or whatever while playing.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I ran some canals and got some ala mhigan weave and a blessed cloth. How much does this usually go for because it's over 2 mil on the market board.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Oh was just curious if it was high or low compared to other data groups

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

It seriously makes me wonder if the devs for 14 forgot bards actually need to crit to function or some poo poo with them kneejerking away from how 4.1 gear was. Other classes it's mostly a dps thing but bards actually need crits goddamnit.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Dukka posted:

There is plenty of crit if you just get the right gear though??

I know I'm just speaking of the base raid and mendacity gear.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

So turns out if you're being a self reliant crafter you only really need the scrip armor for ltw/alc, lets you make the ala mhigan armor that is better than the base scrip armor.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Figured I should level a tank. Can someone give me the run down on Paladin vs Warrior vs Dark Knight?

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Anyone know some handy macros for a crafter that just got to 1320 craft/1220 control w hq tempura? Been looking but haven't found any for stuff like Ala Mhigan Fiber.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

This is why Red Mages and Scholars/Summoners/Ast are pretty cool and don't have to worry about killing the land

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Captain Oblivious posted:

Summoners are still comically outrageously dangerous.

Red Mages, Astrologians, and Scholars are honestly the only vaguely responsible wizards.

Summoners are dangerous in that if they go overboard whelp there's a primal. But aren't actively draining the land of aether last I was aware.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Are there any goon raid staticd looking for a ranged DPS by chance. Looking for statics but haven't had any luck with one that fits into my hours.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Yeeeaaahh Halatali is not fun

Fixed that for you. Really a bunch of the ARR dungeons are poo poo due to being reworked areas from 1.0.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

If only they weren't cackling demons they may be more successful.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Thundarr posted:

There's still like 11 big man Ascians for us to kill and an unknown number of junior varsity Ascians, it's gonna take forever if they just hide in another dimension the whole time.

We're gonna liberate the gently caress out of that dimension once Garlemald is over with.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

You're so sneaky they don't recognize you as a ninja duh.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Bolow posted:

Rotationally isn't Bard literally the only negative-TP job?
As a Bard can confirm you slowly lose TP, but then again if you're a bard you're running poo poo with party wide MP/TP restore as well as the TP skill so even then you're always topped off unless you die.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

its okay you make everyone around you more awesome to compensate

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

TheHeadSage posted:

Now that he's Eorzean Iron Man I hope he gets a bigger role on team WoL when we go topple Garlemald.

I hope he just shows up in the MSQ as a quest giver with no explanation at all if you didn't play the ARR and SB raids. That'd be the loving best.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

As a healer keep people topped off and spam dots/your attack spell and your AoE on largee groups. Use cooldowns for oh poo poo moments or big pulls.

E: Also if your tank is going single group and you're easily topping them off, be considerate to the whole group and suggest to pull more groups.

ChaseSP fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Mar 7, 2018

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Big aoes tend to be pretty telegraphed so apply an aspected Helios before regardless of which sect

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Oh my god Ragnarock looks so cool but it's such a grind to get it please kill me I want to get it so badly.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

FF14 is kinda wierd in that base weapon damage does alot more then Dex/Str/Int/Pie so anything with more weapon damage is just about always an upgrade. I think it's like 26 damage flat per weapon damage vs 1 for your main stat before modifiers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

itskage posted:

This is something ff14 got right. Those other mmos run into weird issues with balance for caster/melee slot weights. So some of them try to fix by shoving a large amount of stats on the weapon which causes other itemization and scaling issues. But having everyone use weapon damage for all of their actions smooths all of that out.

AFAIK FF14 also sometimes gets confused when it comes to auto equipping stuff by replacing stuff with lower ilvls even if they are inferior.

E: Also on a different subject holy gently caress is Kefka Savage an rear end in a top hat group is struggling to get through his first/third graven image after about a hour and a half session.