Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

WHILE we're talking about MNK and positionals and jazz, I've got a question about clipping buffs. As a monk, should I be refreshing Dragon Kick before or after the debuff drops off the enemy? At the moment I'm doing Dragon Kick combo, Bootshine combo, Dragon Kick combo. If I do DK, BSx2, DK then the second DK is hitting the enemy after the debuff has dropped off, BUT I get a second bootshine in during the debuff window. Which of these is the higher dps?

I'd also like to ask the exact same question but for Twin Snakes - should Twin Snakes hit while the buff is still up, or after it drops off?

I always try to reapply before the buffs/debuffs fall off, if less than 5 seconds are on the clock.

Also positionals are good and bads like you guys are what ruined MCH in the first place. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Pretty sure they're Khloe Zhloe and T'kebbe.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Susano globe is good if you have a blue/red aesthetic.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Our little Eurostatic has finally managed to down O2S! Happy days for all.

M'USEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Why haven't I used the magic of /gpose effects more often.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Does anyone have that gif of one of the fights from My Hero Academia but with DRK skill icons shopped in and the subtitles making it about a dungeon last stand? Tia.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Yesssss :allears:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I like MNK and it's doing pretty well. I hit 4.1k DPS on O1S and I'm only 61st percentile so clearly it can go even higher.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Apparently they're adding Lyse's first outfit to the Mogshop (they're not ready to give away her dancer outfit or so they say or something).

I'd definitely be interested in that glamour, but only the jacket part. I want a shirt under it, not a boob tube.

I really need that jacket. I don't mind the boob tube, I just need it to be dyeable.

It won't be dyeable will it. :(

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

SonicRulez posted:

Are there MMOs where questing is the fun bit rather than everything else? I can't imagine if it was better to level by collecting 8 Wind Cores from those drat sprites instead of running The Vault.

Questing in Runescape is the best bit of the game.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I'm levelling a DARK right now and liking it, it gets good around 45 or so.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

My WoL's changed haircuts since a month into SB from the big braid to the cool short 2B hair.

Felt weird to get rid of the facepaint though, had that since I made the character.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I am a dragongirl and I like to punch things.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Even if you go freelancer you end up in flames half the time because everyone is in flames.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Well I think I've finalised my 4.1 patch glam.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Filthy Haiku posted:

Join TPT today!

I see PCD's sex dungeon has a sister.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Didn't some grognards say that implementing jumping would destroy all immersion?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Late Stormblood

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Has anyone else noticed they've replaced the Lochs town's themes with the generic Alarm Mhigan town theme rather than the Lochs daytime theme? A real shame, the introductory trumpets the first time I went into the Lochs were amazing.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

More DRK chat: the whole 60-70 questline is great. What an ending.

I also look really cool now.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

What's that pointy thing over the horizon?

It's the Susano Squad!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Argas posted:

What's the item list for that?

Head and sword are from Doma Castle, chest is the level 64 levelling gear, gloves are AF3, trousers are sky pirate (I think, will have to double check) and the boots are AF2.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

We now have a weeby tearoom to go with our weebhouse in Omega.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I think the best thing about Lochs is the music which might be one of my favourite zone themes.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

The Lochs and Azim Steppe do have some of the best background music in the entire game. The Lochs in particular has this awesome combination of foreboding yet triumphant, too bad that the night version of it is kind of meh.

The Lochs night theme is also one of my favourites. :( There's something about the piano that replaces the trumpets that makes it really lovely.

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Walking into that zone for the first time with its music playing and the silhouette of Ala Mhigo looming over in the distance was pretty rad.

Like this:

That was a drat good moment in SB, but they've changed the music in the towns in the Lochs to have the generic Ala Mhigan town theme rather than the Lochs day theme, which is a shame.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Sarrisan posted:

remember that MCH's problem isn't damage - if you look at people running meta comps, the MCH is usually one of the top 2 players; in addition they have hypercharge to boost raidwide dps. that adds up to a lot (as long as you have a drg). the problem is the perceived boringness of the rotation. if yoship wants to fix the class, then it's a playstyle question, not a buff/nerf question. for this reason I doubt we'll see many changes.

Since when was Hypercharge a raid buff? All I'm seeing is a damage buff for my turret.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Phone posted:

I'm finally starting to get i330 gear on my MNK and have just started to look at melding some materia. All of the pieces seem to be +Skill Speed and +Determination, which left me with like 750 Crit...

I take it just slotting +40 Crits into everything that will take them isn't the worst idea? And do Direct Hit for gear that actually Crit built in?

Any crit gear actually wants +skill speed, once you have a certain amount you'll be able to go under 2.00 GCD at GL3.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I've had some issues here in Asia so it's probably something server-side.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Alloran posted:

So I've been derping around at my own pace, got into HW, enjoying myself. Even if I've got all sorts of opinions of the poor life choices theatre that was the end of the 2.x stuff, also why am I allowed to run around while being a wanted criminal what even game? I'm at the point where I can get an apartment or a goon-room or whatever. Is it really worth getting if I don't have my crafting classes leveled up to make furniture? Getting one just to have it seems kinda weird.

The po-po in Gridania and Linda don't believe it and don't care, the folks in Uldah don't believe it and turn a blind eye. Talk to the various guild leaders where you've finished their storyline, it's quite sweet how they defend you.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Harrow posted:

I haven't since ARR, no, so I probably should. I do love how ridiculously flashy it is and the "I can barely hold all this arcane power" casting animations. I'm a little spoiled by how mobile RDM can be but I bet BLM is really satisfying when you pull it off right.

Nothing like a Foul-Quad-insta-Flare-Foul combo.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

I honestly don't see the issue. You'll be able to bring Enoch right back up as soon as Seduce is over unless you've been dropping ti a bunch anyway.

The laser beams that follow you also target both DPS so enjoy your scath damage :v:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Omnicrom posted:

You're likely correct. If you haven't read them already the journal entries are fun for the SB quests. This is both because Fray/Esteem is still writing them but also because it implies you sort of knew all along what was happening and went along with it because you actually did help a couple of people out.

Incidentally as somebody pointed out a while ago Myste is meant to really strongly evoke both Haurchefant and Ysayle, so while they didn't really fully spell out everything that happened it's not hard to put it together.

I think I genuinely liked the SB ones better than the 30-50 DRK quests, and a lot of that is because of how it builds on the previous storylines and is weirdly positive.

The last line in your quest log for the 70 quest is really sweet.

"You are still a good person." :gbsmith:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The best minions you can get are the ones where you come in for the final boss and then win by 1 point ;3

http://puu.sh/ykzAC/e94a61dd9d.webm

You monster. :negative:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Trasson posted:

Nonstop Blizzard 1 with a full MP bar? Cry.

I had a BLM in a 60 dungeon who only used Fire 1 and Blizzard 1, no Enochian, no AOE, no Thunder.

Still better than that BLM who was pressing random buttons in Darkhold.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Vitamean posted:

Partially true but if you get Totorak as red mage you end up in the hellish situation where you've got Verfire but not Verstone.

I didn't think Toto-Rak could get any worse but there it is.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

the level 70 one only did Dragon Kick > Twin Snakes > Snap Punch in his combos, there's no 4D ultimate DPS strats only he knows going on with that boy

Being stuck in that EXDR with Josuke was hell. As the tank I couldn't even compensate for the lost dps. :negative:

EDIT: my static finally beat O3S :toot:

Ibblebibble fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Nov 16, 2017

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Corponation posted:

I've been playing BLM for a while and I keep seeing people talk about doing Foul -> 4 flares -> Foul and I'm wondering how you do it? The most I seem to be able to do is three - once with the umbral hearts, a second time to zero out my mana, then use convert for a third. Do you use ethers or something similar for another flare, or is it dependent on people mana-shifting you?

Ether to get your fourth. If someone mana-shifts you you might be able to get a fifth in? If you want to swift/triplecast all of them it's a max of four fast flares sadly.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I made the jump from dragongirl to femroe. Dunno how long I'll stick to it but for the moment I think I look pretty drat good.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Forelands is my fav HW zone, mostly for the music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

:randstare:

:negative:

Edit: actual content: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/352291-Novice-network-mentor-wars