Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ytlaya posted:

I think Aymeric just asked the WoL out on a date. She seemed surprised but receptive to the idea.

edit: in my headcanon half of the side characters have a crush on the WoL

I showed up to that date in my bikini, Aymeric was obviously into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

orcane posted:

Here, have more timed nodes and some more RNG :suicide:

Here have a hot and cold timed minigame with no tells.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hunter Noventa posted:

Why is this guy still on the team? What kind of dirt does he have?

Seniority and years worked in a Japanese company.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's clearly trance kuja

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dennis McClaren posted:

I was just going to ask that actually. I think it might make things easier with a keyboard/mouse. The controller setup isn't really bad, and I'm sure I would get used to it. There's a lot to take in playing this game for the first time; but after a couple hours online it became more intuitive. Still...

Edit, nm. Figure I'll try both keyboard and controller see if I like one best.

Controller has the major major advantage of being easier to set up good easy action bars at high levels

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Queue ETA: 45 Mins

"Nice i have time to take a leak and a smoke"

*Queue pops thirty seconds later as I'm coming back from the bathroom and I am idled out*

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am getting a new PC this week and cannot wait to loving load this game in less than a minute per teleport, and have a framerate that is actually in the double digits

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ironslave posted:

Gaius is in this weird area where his philosophy marries "might makes right" and "with great power comes great responsibility." It's just that, y'know, the responsibility is to rule people for their own good without much moral consideration as to how you get to that point or how you sort it out after the fact.

What always gets me during his "I AM THE MOST POWERFUL MAN EVER" speeches he kept making during Praetorium is when he was fighting using his *actual* strength and power he got beaten. So, by that logic, shouldn't we be better?
And when he then hops into Ultima Weapon to keep fighting, and we beat it *again*, doesn't that prove he's still the weakest because he can't even beat us using an ancient and powerful war machine?

And yet he keeps going. "NOW I WILL BEAT YOU AND PROVE I AM THE STRONGEST PERSON using of course this giant magitech machine we don't understand can't recreate and is stronger than everything we've ever made or used ever in the history of the empire see totally ubermench"

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just wish we could interupt his Randian ranting.

I think the biggest reason we just repeatedly let him wander off before, after, and during fights is we're just stunned and unable to focus after he Galts us.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Malabolg posted:

Uhhh ... so I make a character (giant-lady with a sword, sweet), start off in Uldah, and Momodi at the Quicksand is wanting to talk about dicks roughly thirty seconds after meeting me. Is that ... normal, for her?

She likes to watch.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
At least momodi doesnt want you calling her mommy.

lookin at you mioune

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WrightOfWay posted:

Soken is a big fan of leitmotifs, especially in Stormblood.

I mean, the entirety of FinalFantasy music has always been heavy on leitmotifs from the very beginning. It's not new, and just adds to the sense of continuation and unity that the series can have.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

isk posted:

Highlady, bestlady

This person gets it

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That is amazing

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Luxury Tent Carpet posted:

I picked up the collectors edition on PS4 last night and started a whole new character as it's been a good while since I last played back on the PC.

I'm really impressed with the way this game handles on a controller - so far I think I even prefer it to kb&m

Controller honestly is a bit easier in the sense of having more of your abilities be easily accessible faster and without contortion.
It's seriously a really well done system. Moving around and using abilities mapped to the D-Pad is a bit of a pain though.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Renegret posted:

Help thread I don't know what to do.

I've been saving my MGP to get the Fenrir mount, and I'm finally getting pretty close! Except I didn't realize they made the bunny costume unisex, and my giant roegadude looks absolutely horrifying in it. I need that bunny costume but I don't know if I should get it now or get Fenrir first.

bunny roe

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cheap Trick posted:

Hey goons, what are your preferred methods of levelling alt classes to 60? Dungeon roulette? Palace of the Dead? FATEs? All or none of the above?

I've been doing dungeons as DRK and wondering if there's a more efficient method.

Do the leveling roulette, and whatever the highest dungeon is. You can also get the Adventurer in Need bonus for every run I believe

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FactsAreUseless posted:

A thought I had: I don't think anyone's ever done it, because it would be stupid, but how long can you delay the quest that unlocks mounts? Until you need your first flying mount in HW?

Indefinately? I don't think you ever are required to have a mount except for some HW dungeons which are, IIRC, not required.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FactsAreUseless posted:

Don't you have to have one for the HW MSQ? Getting a flying mount is mandatory, isn't it? Or do you not actually have to be able to fly it, just own it?

true. Then until then I guess.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FactsAreUseless posted:

No, now that you bring it up I'm not sure. The ride into Falcon's Nest is automated, you aren't riding your own mount. Like you have to get the black chocobo as a mount, but I'm not sure you ever have to mount it. You can still own mounts without the license, you just can't ride any until you do that GC quest.

No yeah, I guess I was right, the MSQ quest does not have a pre-req for having a mount.

So you can do it indefinately.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FactsAreUseless posted:

Lmfao this owns, how did you figure it out?

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/quest/7c61f718f75/

This is the MSQ pre-req for an additional blue quest. Unless someone wants to test it manually I mean, it looks like it's just "You can chose not to get a bochoco"

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FactsAreUseless posted:

Que? There's more saucer than the initial map?

Yeah, there's an elevator you can take in the main hall (I think) which takes you to the Chocobo Race and Verminion section.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I dunno if the engine can handle turn based.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

When even honest healing is too much for someone.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's not even honest healing. Honest healers at least, generally, keep you topped off because there's nothing else to do.

This person doesn't even do that. No DPS, demands no big pulls, and won't begin healing until you're at like 50%. Why even bother playing.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Martin BadClixx posted:

okay time to give this game another try

I asked in discord also, but people where discussing other things:

Should I play on the NA servers with goons while I am EU based? Is latency going to be a thing? And even worse, I guess everyone is doing their thing during NA prime-time?
Are there any recommendations for EU guilds? I feel like playing this game with fun people is atleast half the fun :shobon:

There is an EU Goon FC on Omega. You can get access to it through the Discord

Also you can keep asking question even if people are talking about the possible new classes in 5.0

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Holy and assize

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leal posted:

But no OG Miqo'te rear end size

the lack of an rear end slider is obscene especially when one of the designers has a thigh-high stocking fetish.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

homeless snail posted:

Yeah, its not like they stopped giving out event mounts, not all events get mounts but that was always the case. The thing that pisses me off about events though, unrelated to mogshop, is they stopped giving them titles!! I want more weird holiday titles.

There were a couple months where I was burnt out but still logged on just to do events to get their titles

Last two events have had titles though?

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm keeping Postwoman as mine for a while.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kaubocks posted:

popped into game thinking i was gonna run a few roulettes, hit up leveling, got an honest healer, quit for the night. now that i've installed ACT i've become acutely aware at how much dead weight there are in some parties and it just makes me mad lmfao

like jesus christ how do you level up a healer and get a bunch of damage spells and think "well i'm a WHITE MAGE never even gonna put one of these on a hotbar"

because it says HEALER in their ROLE you SCRUB if they were meant to DAMAGE in DUNGEONS they would be DPS

all those damage abilities is just to SOLO the MSQ

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thundarr posted:

Has WoW done something new to chase it's players away?

They released an expansion

edit: this is what i get for not making sure i was on the last page

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I wish I could use this top for other things, I like it.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leraika posted:

Ul'dah on Balmung has turned into a suicide cult; people are exploding over and over again so that healers can farm Kindness of Strangers.

:allears:

This is really cool actually

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jokes posted:

I had a fantasia I'd been sitting on for a long time for a dumb reason and switched from a midlander female to a beautiful elezen lady. But gently caress I hate their run. I hated the midlander female run too, but at least it didn't look like I needed to diarrhea and was running to the bathroom discretely.

Highlander is better hth

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobfly posted:

Roegadyn or highlander. Both are cool ladies (and the gentlemen are cool too).

men are trash over here in something awful we believe in gay space gynocracy.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nessus posted:

I'm extremely anxious over the prospect that I might have to ask someone to play a game with me in this gay space gynocracy.

why would you be? Embrace the evil gay trans agenda.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Or get yourself a regular weekly group doing treasure maps. Even a bad day can net you 150-200k gil just from gil drops from chests and mobs, anything good on top of that can lead to an easy couple mil a night

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

homeless snail posted:

You don't even need a regular group, just get in the map LS and say "I want to do a map" and 7 people will magically appear most of the time

Or hell even in the Discord/your FC. Going "I got a map or two, who else wants in" will get a few 70s hitting the MB for some high maps.

Goon map runs are also generally "everyone rolls for anything they can, except if a map drops, that belongs to whoever's map we're doing" so even if you come in without a map to search for, you can get good stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Maps are not boring they are excellent. Just eight rear end in a top hat murderhobos out in the sticks with their bird friends blowing up the countryside and finding hidden dungeons filled with loot.