Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
RDM gets their main AoE burst at level 52, meaning doing any level 50 dungeons sorta sucks lol. Why would they do that

Also I asked in the last thread but that was a few hours ago, have the new recipes been data mined yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Injuryprone posted:

Are ninjas hard to play with all the mudra shananagins?

They're very off-gcd heavy but I mean by video game standards even 3-mudra ninjutsu don't require that many button presses per second.

And aside from mudra they're quite simple

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

SwissArmyDruid posted:

MCH: ...wow, gently caress everything. Now MCH gets to feel what it's like to have a bolted on mechanic. There is no way to control overheat until you hit 62. Involuntary Overheats EVERYWHERE. All the BRDs everywhere just got schadenboners.

I don't think they get the heat mechanic until level 60 so that's not too bad. Certainly isn't as bad as BLM getting 6 (8?) levels of Enochian before Fire IV

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Thundarr posted:

The greatest challenge with Samurai is that I will never, ever get the names of their skills straight, meaning I will only be able to communicate rotations by describing what the icons look like.

Looks like SE had the same issue

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Klewer posted:

rip my class. other class got buffed but my class got nothing. loving SE doesn't know how to balance their own game. my class players are hosed yet again. Great JOb!!!

savage

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Xeras posted:

I know it's about 5 hours early but I was kinda hoping the servers would be up early. :f5:

Well, it won't be

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
if someone sees an astrologean asking for buffs make sure to annihilate them

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Zaphod42 posted:

Anybody got any idea what the zone order is gonna be like?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Born to Wait
World is Full
Queue em All

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

This.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
you line-ignorers wouldnt last a second in vana'diel. disgusting.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
It was a bold gambit for SE to replace every job's mechanic with Secret of the Lilies.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

SilverSupernova posted:

I was at work the past 8 hours. Did they fix the problem with instances not working?

They did, but theres now a bottleneck in the msq

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

SL the Pyro posted:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/791aac7206bf8db4b353b687c3221440dd7b8156

Congestion at the solo instance is intentional so the servers don't explode. So it's either people have endless crashes or we get line-ups spanning half of the Fringe, damned if they do and damned if they don't. Only time is gonna fix it.

if only they could have seen this coming, such as through stress testing or knowing not to put a 1-person dungeon which takes 15-20 minutes and isn't impossible to fail at the very start of the content, but unfortunately such a thing was impossible

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

8-Bit Scholar posted:

It's becoming tradition for SE to underestimate their own game's popularity.

more accurately they know that people won't quit over this and buying additional servers specifically for ~2 weeks isn't really a great move financially

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Mordiceius posted:

2 weeks? More like 48 hours.

i just mean in general, this applies to things like login queues as well. this discussion came up a lot in wow as well when expansions came out

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
regardless the point is that SE isnt like, adorable, or naive, or whatever. they're a business making a decision which helps their bottom line but inconveniences customers. you can either let this bother you a lot or not bother you at all, but lets call a spade a spade

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Soothing Vapors posted:

I don't know which publisher thought up the "let's call the actual launch day of our game 'early access'" thing but it was brilliant

it's seriously insane

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Mr E posted:

I don' t have a personal opinion about this since I'm still at work, but it's really very stupid that they would put a solo instance this early in something that unlocks a ton of expansion content. Reminds me of the items you'd have to click at the beginning of WoW expansions that would despawn before you could, but worse.

this thing is actually a blessing for me because it means i'll have RDM at 60+ and doing the same content as my friends since they're all bottlenecked right now, and i still think it's ridiculous

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Xeras posted:

Thanks to the people who helped with the red mage rotation. :)

Good luck, Crimson Ranger

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
level 60 rdm, yay.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ainsley McTree posted:

One more newbie question about potd; are there aetherpool rating cutoffs I should be aiming for before proceeding to the next set of floors? I just finished floor 50 last night and I'm not sure if I should forge on ahead to 100, or go back to floor 1, I didn't see anything in-game suggesting how geared I'm supposed to be before moving forward.

And it's floor 101+ where the game stops loving around and starts actually getting hard, right?

In case you didn't know, you require 30/30 (or maybe just a total of 60?) before the game will let you go past floor 50. I'd say that's a pretty solid benchmark too - the game level locks your aetherial gear to X+4, where X is the current dungeon floor, so you can only over prepare so much. It's also much easier to get aetherial gear boosts when your gear level is lower than the current floor.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I really hope this is a copied Reddit post :stare:

christ

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Leal posted:

Disconnected again, 3.1k player queue

dont do this to me

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

sword_man.gif posted:

don't count on it

Theyve actually been decent with updates, theyre just all either "whoops, we're sorry, but there's nothing we can do right now" or "we'll fix it in a few days".

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

MechaX posted:

If this is right then that means that I literally made it into the Raubahn instance only to be immediately DC'd and possibly stuck in the instance.

I...

Wow.. Just Wow.

also Same, and supposedly that means we're also occupying that instance and other people can't get in now either lol

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
If you have to use vercure youre probably killing too slowly

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Verranicus posted:

So they fixed the JP servers. Maybe they'll remember they have more NA players than JP and do us next.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/c8c9abd7eb4687ce3ec8294112106b70f4584650

this isn't raubahn right?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Susano stuff:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/79d6a111877eea6b26de4f4c3c9177f334bfe126

apparently the issue is/was people doing emotes when they accept the queue (/dance, /sit, possibly dismounting?, etc.).

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i wish the raubahn issue was also a stupid thing like that so they could say "ok it isnt fixed but if you mash spacebar for 20 seconds before clicking him it'll work" or whatever

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
lmao if poo poo is still hosed tomorrow night

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
im preparing my lmaos.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Minrad posted:

Cool RDM fun fact: Dualcast works if you're a succubus

Unfortunately, this also means you're not doing absolutely bonkers DPS. I want ACT to update so I can confirm that RDM is as insane as it feels with how fast it kills stuff. (fake e: it has)

people have already mathed out optimal stuff, rdm is doing decidedly Okay for single target and pretty bad on AoE. this assumes equal gear, skill, and max level though so your mileage may vary based on your given level. SAM and BLM are the two big single target bruisers right now. RDM is also incredibly bursty, especially if you go into a fight with a grip of mana, which can make the job feel more damaging than it really is.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ciaphas posted:

How did they work that out, simulators or something?

i don't know the logistics sadly, but FFXIV's potency system is highly transparent now that the formulas for damage have mostly been discovered. there's obviously room for error, either in math or future discoveries, but everything I've seen since the 4.0 "nerfs" to rdm (relative to the ~april build) suggests the job sits comfortably in the middle of the pack... or the lower end if you ignore brd/mch who are both basically tied for last. which is fine, the class is super fun and SE has typically been okay with changing numbers (though rarely mechanics) during patches. plus like I said RDM is also really bursty so until AoE pulls become meta it's actually quite good in dungeons and world content!

e: and vercure/verraise are both strong for small group content, and Embolden is neat.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Soothing Vapors posted:

opinions seem split between "new DRK is trash garbage, shat from a butt" and "new DRK is the best thing ever to happen in the history of video games," with very little in between

my DRK friend is sort of down on it right now, what are people in the latter camp saying makes it "the best thing ever"?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

SKULL.GIF posted:

I really wish RDM had a bit more depth/complexity to their rotation. Something like an additional effect to Fire/Stone that would make actually stacking Black or White mana to the detriment of Balance compelling would have been great. Like, get extra damage up from +30 to +50 mana disparity then immediately dump it to get back to balance, or something like that, like MCH's cooldown mechanic.

RDM right now feels really simplistic.

I seriously cannot believe RDM don't get Moulinet until post-50, meaning any 50 synced content effectively makes your already-mediocre AoE both insanely boring and also really awful. Just making you get that skill at 50 (and Redoublement sometime before then) would be really nice.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Lizard Wizard posted:

Am I correct in assuming that the current WHM meta is to roll AST or SMN?

You aren't. WHM is very strong, they just have a really boring/bad mechanic tacked onto them for no reason, and one of their new spells sorta sucks.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

UHD posted:

Good to see Krile making GBS threads on Alphinaud continuing into another expansion.

they're a very cute couple

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

motoh posted:

So where's good to read theorycrafting?

Discord, sadly. FFXIV has no central hub for information like that, no real Icy Veins analogue. Meaning if you want that sort of information you have to basically go treasure hunting through various discord pinned Google docs or know someone who knows already.

I've also had decent success asking in reddit's daily questions thread whenever I needed a link to a specific thing, such as where to find info on ACT or job discord links, so I recommend that if you need to find a specific thing.

Lord knows WHY it's so disorganized - FFXIV certainly has the size and popularity to justify a centralized resource - but you just sorta have to deal with it until someone with lots of time, game knowledge, and money to pay server fees steps up and consolidates it all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Renegret posted:

Anything marked for gamers is going to be either inferior quality or higher price for no reason because gamers are idiots who are easily separated from their money.

this is every demographic because marketing is a vampire, gamers just have more money and fewer dependents to spend it on on aggregate