Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Maguoob posted:

Been a while, but I'm fairly certain it won't just switch if you stay there.

Cool, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

nice

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Cabbit posted:

I've been playing this game for like a month.

Regardless, this is an outrage, because I want to hang out with the idiot catfish.

Time to gather/craft!

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Cabbit posted:

I can't believe Triplecast is only a 60 second CD.

Mother of God, two more levels and I'll be able to cast four instant Flares back to back if I pop an Ether and Convert.

BLM fuckin' rules.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

It is absolutely worth it, no questions asked. Excalibur is the place to be.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

dmboogie posted:

It'll take you ages to catch up but you can have a perfectly fine time just doing a couple story quests or dungeons or whatever a night. just pretend it's a very long JRPG

I agree with this. Just don’t feel you need to rush to be “current” and you’re all good.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

CascadeBeta posted:

Do you seriously not get storm blood access until after shadowbringers releases if you pre order the latter? Am I seriously going to have to pay full launch price for a 2 year old expansion or unsub for 5 months and then rush to catch up?

I'm seriously enjoying XIV right now but not 80 dollars enjoying it.

It's bogus, yeah.

If it's any consolation, Stormblood is currently on sale on Newegg for 10 bucks off, but that doesn't really address the problem https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832166257

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Feelin' bummed about BLU atm...

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Higanbana refers to (poisonous?) flowers growing along the Styx like Higan river, so it makes sense the move is a dot

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Oh higan is just the name of the shore of the river

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

johnny park posted:

its plainly true that words in your first language are going to be easier to remember and assign meaning to than words in a language that you don't speak. why is this even an argument. gently caress you

counterpoint if you dont implicitly and natively understand the meaning of words like baka and kawaii then what are you even doing on the internet

just learn the individual words

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

very excited for the keynote

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Ciaphas posted:

as i sit here waiting for the game to download, i realize i've long lost all of my settings/hotbars, and along with them, any memory of how to play an action bar MMO

i'm sure i'll remember within minutes, but part of me is thinking "I wonder if now is the time to learn to play with controller"

hmm

You can't go wrong either way, really.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Scathe II through IV

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Leal posted:

Verhol- Wait.

Verrais-hmm.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

What do the dashed green lines indicate?

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Hi thread, quick question. Is there anyway to transfer macros from the PC to a PS4? Or to copy ones from pastebin on a PS4?

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Veotax posted:

Apparently using the backup tool can transfer macros

https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/win/config/

Thanks! I hope I can do that without messing up my ps4 ui.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Is contribution to overall iLVL weighted similarly, or is it even per slot?

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Thundarr posted:

Well, close enough that it doesn't matter. Each of the three main cities has its own level 1-15 main story quest and one low level sidequest series of which your character can only ever see one, but if you really want to see the others all it takes is to make two alts and a couple hours worth of leveling.

also maxing desynthesis on all crafts simultaneously!

not that there's a reason to do that

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

a witch posted:

I visited Limsa on every Primal server, and wow is Excalibur ever empty.

Didn’t excal used to be always full? What happened?

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Pussy Quipped posted:

I played WoW for a while and stopped before BFA, but I got the MMO itch and bought this game on sale for PS4. I’ve played a few hours and it’s fun so far but I’m wondering if I’m gimping myself by playing with a controller? Do any goons do endgame content on their couch, and are there certain jobs that lend themselves better to the controller scheme?

You can do top difficulty stuff on a controller. I have a hard time with some jumping puzzles with it, though.

Take a look at this, it's pretty helpful for getting started. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1q_i5_X01hecbCOZOIN_71zceuSjWSuaN-OJdU6ZPV6s/edit

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Yeah Zenos IS the best, agreed

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I use the limited subscription so I can't actually check, but I know that fuckin' Balmung is open after the datacenter shuffle, so there's no way Excalibur isn't.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

With the exception of maybe some seasonal event items I’m sure you could eventually recreate your character if you wanted to.

Only, as people mentioned, there isn’t really any need to what with the incoming new game plus and with free transfers. You can change your GC once every fifteen days and fantasia lets you change your race.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

the panacea posted:

I'm also trying to get back in and finally experience up to date content once the expansion is out.

Anyone wanna share their HUD/UI layouts? I'm very unhappy with the default but I have no idea what I actually want to change.

I can share mine tonight once I get home if no one else has

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

There's a new text letter from the producer, and gently caress me that Hrothgar actually looks really really good.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Digital Osmosis posted:

Since I'm more of a solo-player, and since I figure people will be skipping the plot in dungeons they've already played, I kinda stayed away from the game.

This is an extremely reasonable concern that fortunately hasn’t been a problem in practice. All story scenes are before or after dungeons, or unskippable (very very very rare). Most dungeons have short nonstory scenes when you enter the dungeon and when you reach the final boss as well. The other players can’t start until you finish the starting scene, and almost every group will wait for you to finish the pre boss scene so that you can help out! And new players watching scenes are actually eagerly WELCOMED in dungeons because they provide valuable extra rewards for the group. So instead of being annoyed at having to wait for you, people are almost always glad to do so because you give them that sweet sweet bonus

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Those are definitely bullshit.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Dots are a great way to keep up dps as the tank moves from one pack to another and intentionally letting a DPS die for it instead of tossing out an unmend or whatever is the very picture of a tank primadonna.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Chaeden posted:

I have and will continue to happily let dipshits die who steal agro, don't use their agro dumps and run away with their loving mob. You want to die so badly enjoy it, me and the healer I queue with will let you die. And if I'm the healer I'll happily leave you to die as well, I have a tank to keep up through the fight and dots to drop, your dumb rear end just put yourself on the bottom of my priority list. You say we are spoiled for our instant queues I'd say learn to do the most basic things to make a run flow smoothly without causing everyone else trouble, there are a thousand more dps that would love your spot and if you act like a rear end in a top hat and do poo poo like sprint as a ninja ahead of the tank to start the fight we have NO obligation to keep you in the group. If you so desperately want to pull and get punched in the face, play tank. You'll live longer and healer is obligated to at least attempt to keep your rear end up. And maybe you'll make the queue better when I decide I feel like playing Summoner or Samurai myself.

As a side note, the only time I ever feel its a little justified for players to do this poo poo is Black Mages trying to offload their foul as quickly as possible and monks hoping to maintain GL. They at least have a decent reason for it even if its not always possible to maintain GL. MAYBE Bards though that'd require their being a bard in my runs that plays well enough to notice they have shiny buttons to press. Ninjas, Samurai, Summoners, Red Mages, ALL HEALERS, Dragoon, Machinist have no reason to and its always the Ninjas that do this idiocy, one would assume that they are ON ninja to facilitate being a idiot. Special mention to the several white mages I've had who rather then be intelligent have SWIFT CAST STONE into a group I'm running to agro so that I miss one AND they lose out on a good holy. Hell even if you WANT to be that idiot on white mage WHY SWIFTCAST STONE?! you have Aero which is instant cast already.

say it dont spray it

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Countblanc posted:

Heaven on High floor 100 complete

now to do it 3 more times for the title

Congrats

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I’m having a panic attack

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

All we can do is pray.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Ferrinus posted:

You know what it's kind of hosed up that per the gamerescape reports RDM's aoe rotation has a quickly-casting elemental spell followed by a slowly-casting unaspected spell.

I don’t play RDM, why is that a problem?

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Just saw this and it gave me a laugh https://reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/buvivu/im_a_whmsch_about_to_go_on_my_first_8person_boss/

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

SettingSun posted:

One of the funniest things I've seen was getting Westwind in Roulette and upon seeing a new player bonus, have the chat jokingly hype up its difficulty to insane proportions.

I actually do do that, it’s fun. Sometimes I even place markers around, for strategy.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Maguoob posted:

Do people actually like Eureka or do they want relics? Remove relics from Eureka and it will probably be as well received as Diadem was.

I don’t give a poo poo about relics and I’m level 49 and enjoying eureka. Last night I conducted a train for the first time which was nerve wracking but fun.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

queeb posted:

is it worth leveling a gather up to 70 to try and get in on the early materials rush money? mine are all at level 0 so i'd have like a month to level one.

It would be mindnumbingly boring, I think, you get great xp from GC turnins but those are once a day per class. To get to 70 without those you’d have to resort to spending all the time clicking rocks, forever. Leves would help too but not THAT much. And they’re also limited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

M.c.P posted:

I mean yeah but the primal datacenter BA discord has been having a hilarious drama meltdown of late.

Not that you still can’t get clears on it. It’s honestly not hard content. Just... takes a while to get there.

What’s the meltdown? I’m hoping to get to it fairly soon.