Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
So a guy I've been playing with just won a painted warhound for $300 on ebay. He's planning to use it in a 2k game next week. WTF do I bring to kill it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

chutche2 posted:

Really, I think if you can knock the warhound down to 22 wounds you've neutered it. That takes away most of its speed, and plus drops it to BS 3+ which helps. At that point you can try to win on objective.

Since it's T9 and is going to be 4+ save regardless, lascannons are nice but even stuff like heavy bolters will be as effective as some of the heavier guns. A melta is wounding on a 5+ and gets a 4+ save against it, same as an assault cannon. So just light it up with whatever to drop 13 wounds off of it and take it to its second profile where it goes from 24 inch speed to 8 inch. I would probably save stuff like missile launchers and meltas for other units he has since they're much less effective against a T9 target.

Alternatively, if you've got any S10+ melee you can throw those at it. A single contemptor dreadnought (if it survives the overwatch) can potentially take it to its second profile by itself. Since it has no invuln save, it's super vulnerable to stuff like dreadnoughts hitting it in melee. Any kind of S10+ melee will be valuable to weaken it. Even regular boxnaughts, but they're less reliable since they hit on 3s and have no invuln save to tank overwatch with, not to mention being much slower than a contemptor. If it's carrying the flamer though that's not an option.

I have a leviathan, so as long as I can get into melee it should be able to do some work. That seems like the best plan, just throw a lot of dreads at it. At 2k he'll only have 500 points of other units, which shouldn't be hard to deal with.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

chutche2 posted:

Yeah, the flamer is a problem though. The leviathan will probably survive the overwatch from that flamer, but it's still going to take 8-12 damage from it. A good hit from literally anything else and it's toast before it hits melee, and you'll probably be at WS 3+ or 4+ if you live through it. If he gives his warhound a flamer you're going to have to shoot it and try to avoid it. And the warhound can shoot and overwatch while in melee, and any dread weaker than a relic leviathan is going to die guaranteed. If he doesn't take that flamer, then massed dreads can definitely rock a warhound.

Assuming he runs it wysiwyg, turbo laser and Vulcan mega bolter. So as long as I can make it close, I should be OK. I'm blood angels, so librarian dread can throw a 4+ invuln on something. I'll just need to figure out what tax units to take to get some relic contemptors in.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

TheChirurgeon posted:

oh it goes beyond "I left my case in the car and they melted" and into "I left them in the case and they warped from being up against the foam."

Also, you have to carve out major details in parts where there are triangles of excess resin covering areas between raised and lower parts of the model

and yeah, so much goddamn slippage

My old finecast tau commander would droop at the ankles just from sitting in an 80 degree room in the summer. It's a terrible material.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer
So, I've got a game scheduled against the dude with a warhound I talked about last week. We're going to play the newest Konor mission, so I'm fairly confident in my ability to win by taking objectives, but I do want to kill the warhound.

My current planned list:
Blood Angels

Librarian Dreadnought
Captain (Jump Pack, Relic blade, bolt pistol)

Redemptor Dread (hog, onslaught, fragstorms)
Aggressor Squad (3-man, boltstorm)
Relic Contemptor (Kheres, DCCW)

Assault Squad (2x meltagun)
Assault Squad (2x meltagun)
Assault Squad (2x plasma pistol)
Assault Squad (2x plasma pistol, sgt w/ plasma pistol + thunder hammer)
Inceptor Squad (3-man, assault bolters)

Baal Predator (2x assault cannon, 2x heavy bolter)
Relic Leviathan dread (cyclonic melta lance, siege drill)

Comes to 2k exactly.

Plan is to use the aggressors and assault squads to screen the dreads from any incoming assaults. Use the librarian to shield the redemptor so all the dreads are either untargetable, have a 4+ invuln, or have a 5+ invuln. Once the dreads make it into the warhound, split the assault squads off and start claiming objectives.

I figure it has a 50/50 chance of working. Not going to put a ton of damage on it with shooting, but should be able to chew it up in combat if I can make it there.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Booley posted:

So, I've got a game scheduled against the dude with a warhound I talked about last week. We're going to play the newest Konor mission, so I'm fairly confident in my ability to win by taking objectives, but I do want to kill the warhound.

My current planned list:

Plan is to use the aggressors and assault squads to screen the dreads from any incoming assaults. Use the librarian to shield the redemptor so all the dreads are either untargetable, have a 4+ invuln, or have a 5+ invuln. Once the dreads make it into the warhound, split the assault squads off and start claiming objectives.

I figure it has a 50/50 chance of working. Not going to put a ton of damage on it with shooting, but should be able to chew it up in combat if I can make it there.

I played this game yesterday. He brought the warhound, 3x bikes, a techmarine, 4x inceptors and a landspeeder. I was attacker and had first turn, dropped my inceptors on an objective he left totally uncovered and took it. The baal predator and the shooting from the inceptors took out his bikes, and smite + assault squads took out the landspeeder. Aggressors managed to deploy within 18 of the warhound, so they immediately took something like 4 wounds off with weight of fire. Everything shooting managed to drop it below 29 that turn, and then he inexplicably didn't move it away the next turn. It took out an assault squad and most of the wounds off the contemptor. My next turn I took the second objective, shot another bunch of wounds off it, lost the contemptor to overwatch and my librarian dread took another 3 wounds off before getting stomped. The leviathan and redemptor flubbed their charge rolls. Turn 2 he almost but not quite killed the redemptor, and inceptors + bolter finished off all my assault squads. He limped 8" further back, which failed at getting out of my range, and I shot it to death and secured the third objective.

I was a bit over-nervous about facing it and tailored my list a bit too much (which he knew going in). It was a list designed to beat it in melee, and I shot it to death. Solidifies my position that aggressors are great and should be included wherever possible. If he uses it again we'll play a bigger game, since in anything other than a straight up kill the other guy fight him only having 500 points of army is a huge drawback. If I had held some of my assault squads in deep strike I would've won first turn, since he didn't have any way to secure objectives.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Which ones? The bolter dudes?

Yeah, bolters. For 129 points 18+3d6 shots with a threat range of 24+d6 is fantastic, and then doubling that if you can stand still. And they aren't slouches in melee. I really like to drop a squad + captain off in a repulsor. Whoever I'm shooting at gets to choose between eating ~28.5 shots this turn and ~57 the next as they try to get out of range, or charging into 57 shots of overwatch, 7 powerfist attacks, and the gravis captain.

Flamers could be good, but the short threat range means people can charge them from outside it, and it's harder to deliver them into range. I'll probably eventually build some, but do 6x bolters first.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

How do you feel that compares to Assault Cannon Tarantulas?

Well they can move, and are effective while doing so. If I need to hold a point the tarantulas are fine, but usually I'd rather be mobile.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer
I just got done with the single most frustrating game of 40k I think I've ever played. 2500 points, my blood angels against tau.

My list:
Librarian Dread
Primaris Lieutenant

Terminator squad
Relic Sicaran Venator
Aggressor squad
Relic Contemptor Dread

2x 10-man assault squads w/ 2x melta

Spartan

Fire Raptor

His list:
2x quad fusion commanders w/ 2x shield drones
triple cyclic ion blaster commander w/ 2x shield drones
cadre fire blade w/ 2x shield drones

36 drones, a mix of marker, gun and shield.

Y'varha battlesuit (w/ 2x shielded missile drones)

ta'unar supremacy armor w/ tri-axis ion cannon and pulse ordnance multidriver

I killed about a dozen drones total before I was down to just my aggressors and lieutenant. He stole the initiative and managed to use the commanders to kill both my librarian and contemptor dread straight off, and the ta'unar + y'varha killed the spartan, which then killed 3 of my terminators as they tried to disembark. On my turn I shot things, but he just put everything I managed to do onto the drones. It felt like having any multi-damage weapons was entirely pointless since they'd just kill a single drone. My assault squads took 1 of the two objectives I'd need to win (we were playing the konor mission), and the second squad tried to assault one of his drone squads on a second objective and promptly got overwatched by literally every unit in his army, killing all 10 of them. His turn 2 he killed off the sicaran, fire raptor, and second assault squad.

I know that tau ate a nerf from 7th, but I've never played a game that I felt quite so powerless to actually accomplish anything in.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Strobe posted:

For the Greater Good only allows units that are within 6" of the unit being charged to communal overwatch, so if he was daisy chaining units together to get overwatch envelope he was basically cheating. Unless literally his entire list was within 6" of that one drone unit, in which case. :shrug:

The drone unit was in a big long line around 18" long, and everything was within 6" of that. I was hitting it on one end and the ta'unar on the other got to fire full overwatch (except the burst cannons that were out of range). I can't really fault his gameplay, I just felt like the mechanics and the points values that make drones significantly better to take as a giant horde than fire warriors or battlesuits create unfun gameplay.

E: Part of the issue might be that the ta'unar gets the battlesuit keyword, so it benefits from savior protocols. If it didn't I might've actually been able to do something to it.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Strobe posted:

They're also not very durable at all at T4 and 4+ save. It's 100% better to just burn down most of the drones than it is to engage battlesuits as long as they're protected. They don't last long.

Sure, they're easy enough to kill, but that's still 30+ wounds I need to put on things before I even have a chance of hurting the big suits, while he's able to shoot my antitank from turn 1. And he can put the drones in Los blocking cover so I have to put wounds on the big suits in order to hit them. Maybe a different mission with more objectives would've worked, but it's loving demoralizing to go an entire game doing a grand total of 0 wounds to anything other than drones.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Strobe posted:

For a Drone to do Savior Protocol it has to be within... what is it, 2" of the target? You can burn them out of support range if you concentrate enough fire. Savior Protocool is by model and not by unit, so he can't kill off a drone that's 10" away, he has to take one from very close to the suit. It's very easy to run out of those while keeping them all in cover.

Nope. Unless it changed in the faq "if a drones unit is within 3" of a friendly tau empire infantry or battlesuit unit, you can choose to allocate any wounds to the drones instead of the target unit."

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

The Sex Cannon posted:

I had a game like this at NOVA. No supremacy armor, but pretty much the same everywhere else. I quit on turn 2. He had stealthsuits, and they can drop homing beacons that let battlesuits deep strike within 1" of my dudes. I did not know this was a thing, so I really lost the game in the deployment phase. His turn one destroyed 700-800 points, and he combat locked everything else that could have done anything. It was not a fun game, not even a little bit.

I think it's because it feels incredibly one sided and that there's no coubterplay. Last week I had a game against thousand sons that I lost first turn when magnus saved every single thing fired at him, including 10 successful lascannon wounds. It was annoying, but it this frustrating, because I could see how better dice rolls or changed tactics could beat it. Against this, he had a screen of drones that make lascannons completely worthless until they're all dead, and all my lascannons will be dead before his drones are gone. And they work in melee so I can't even punch things to death. I think the taunar is undercosted too, it was doing significantly more damage than a Warhound for 300pts less.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

The Sex Cannon posted:

I'm sure there's a way to beat that list, and maybe with repeated playings you could figure it out. I've requested a re-match against the Tau player I was talking about, because I think I can take him now that I know what his poo poo does!

Forge world stuff, like the Tau'Nar, is undercosted bullshit across the board, and I wouldn't fault you for choosing not to play against a list with any in it.

I mean my list is full of forgeworld, but I try to avoid using the undercosted stuff. The relic contemptor seems fairly reasonable, as does the spartan and sicaran venator. I've mostly stopped using my leviathan since it's way better than it's points. I'd just feel bad using forgeworld and telling him not to. I may try to rematch that list in a few weeks once I get a few asscan razorbacks and a land raider crusader painted up, but I'm not confident that would change anything against that drone blob.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

The Sex Cannon posted:

Maybe not. Maybe add some some terminators? Nasty CC infantry of any flavor will do well against suits.

Yeah, I had one squad that I expected to do well if they could get there, but out of 5 dice I rolled 3 1s (and had already command pointed that phase) for the disembark, and then the last 2 guys died to yvarna overwatch when i tried to charge it.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

MasterSlowPoke posted:

SRM and I were talking to someone who knew him better and apparently he was just largely making up rules or conveniently​ forgetting rules when they didn't suit him, so you'll definitely have to know what his poo poo does.

I have index xeno 2, so if you want me to type out any of the datasheets you think he'll use let me know.

OhDearGodNo posted:

You're going to need high volume shots, instead of things like plasma and las, get some frag missile launchers (2D6 shots at S4) or just go nuts with a castellan missile launcher which gives you 72" and 2D6 S6 shots.

Yeah I agree, 90% of the armies at my store are some version of space marine so I've been tending towards slightly higher damage. It's also worked well by letting me take out hostile tanks very quickly, letting mine run around on the board. Some missile launchers are definitely something I want to add for flexibility.

Booley fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Sep 5, 2017

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

DiHK posted:

Aggressors are not in Index right? I'm not missing something? And I'm assuming that the point values for them are not online yet like GW said they would be?

Can someone tell me the point costs involved with these guys for matched play?

My workplace has MTG drafts that I play in and that's the only place I'll play that poo poo. I just sold about 6 drafts worth of rares and poo poo for $100 store credit. Bought aggressors and intercessors. I'm very pleased.

Here's the PDF link.
https://www.games-workshop.com/reso...4_July_29th.pdf

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Zuul the Cat posted:

I played against a local players Space Wolves army on Sunday. He wanted to use the open war cards, and I we pulled the Burn and Pillage card for objectives. I told him at the beginning of the match that I usually don't play for the objective because AdMech suck at getting to and taking them. I instead just go for killing as much stuff as possible. Basically, I just found a way to play the game that I would enjoy.

This game can be incredibly frustrating at times, but I think it's important to remember it is just a game. Focus on the awesome, epic moments that happen on the board, hopefully your opponent is a cool dude and slam dem hams.

Speaking of that game, my opponent had a really cool light rig and hi res camera so here's my boys at work:

goddamn that knight is amazing

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

goose willis posted:

I think it would be more fair if you can only have one under-strength unit of any given type, and you'd have to be forced to finish off an under-strength slot before you can add any more of that unit type, so instead of ten one-man tactical squads you'd have to pool them into two minimal five-man squads

That was already true. You can only ever have 1 under strength unit of a given type. You could theoretically do an understrength unit of a tackle marine, a unit of a scout, and a unit of an intercessor, but the faq means that's -3 cp.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

goose willis posted:

All the new Imperial and Chaos stuff is really cool but I'm kind of worried that there haven't been any mentions of Xenos yet

Uhh but you're wrong?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/31/breaking-news-studio-preview-from-the-nova-open/ posted:

We also heard what the next three codexes will be following the release of Death Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus in September. Before the end of November, xenos fans will be pleased to see some of the galaxy’s alien races get their codexes for the new edition with Codex: Craftworlds and Codex: Tyranids, while Codex: Astra Militarum lets fans of the Imperium’s vast human armies create thematic armies from their favourite Regiment.

Yeah they haven't done a preview of them but they wouldn't be previewing them while there are codexes closer to being released that need to be previewed.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Pendent posted:

I posted over the weekend about how I finally got to give my Knight Paladin a try in 8th edition.

I've been thinking a lot about how that game went and I'm sort of wanting to make that Knight a semi-regular addition to my lists, at least until I get a full codex. It was way more fun to use than it used to be, does a really good job of shoring up some issues that a pure Blood Angels list tends to have, and best of all seemed like a lot less of pain in the rear end to deal with for person on the other side of the table.

My question to all of you is how you all feel about Knights or even superheavies in general in casual play in 8th. My own sense is that they're a lot more balanced than they were previously so that these days most reasonably balanced lists will at least have a good chance of being able to deal with them. I also don't want to let my own biases drive this so... thoughts?

I've been seeing a few titans lately (because Seattle is full of tech money) and I'm about 50/50 on superheavies. Things in the 500 point range like a knight, spartan, stormsurge, bane blade, magnus, or Bobby g (and now mortarion) feel reasonable. They're a big chunk of an army, but most balanced lists should be able to deal with them (unless magnus makes a dozen 4+ invulnerables against lascannons on turn 1).

Something like a Warhound or ta'unar hitting the 12-1500 range, otoh, I don't think should be run casually. One of those is either going to be something that their list can deal with, and they kill it and then immediately win, or they don't stand a chance at killing it and immediately lose. Games decided before deployment aren't fun.

I'm curious about a falchion/fellblade at around 800. They feel more like the small lords of war than the big ones, but it's still a good chunk of points that can be hard to deal with.

E: this is all at 2k or higher. In a smaller game I'd feel like it's no fun. Lords of war should have a minimum game size, or be a - command point detachment.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Shockeh posted:

Aside: I'm truly struggling to work out what Inceptors are for, especially compared to say, Aggressors. The move speed doesn't seem to in any way be worth the volume of fire lost, the greater impact if they end up in melee (which they do, with 18" range guns) and to top it off, they cost more.

When I use them (which isn't super often) it's a turn 2 or 3 deep strike once some space has opened up. If my opponent has MEQs out of cover, 18 shots will tear them up. You have to be careful with your objective placement and try to force your opponent to choose between claiming the objective and having cover (why I always prefer to be the second person placing objectives. I'll pick deployment zone first, so I can try to make there be one zone with objectives in cover, and one with them out.)

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer
How do you feel about telling people to buy different things (for the army they already play). At my store there are a bunch of people who don't have anything that can kill tanks. I like tanks, and tend to bring at least 1 tank/Dread. There are games where that tank runs over their army because they can't do anything to it. I don't like telling people what to buy, but is it unreasonable to cut out a chunk of my army just for them to have a chance at winning?

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

goose willis posted:

You know what? Let's have a little survey here.

Respond to this post with all armies that you officially play with, meaning you can field one in a legal match under current rules.

Blood Angels
Tau
Maybe dark angels, but they're mostly unpainted so don't count.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer
With all your data how about a graph of how many people have loyalist marine armies and nothing else? Given that they've been in every single starter box ever, and are the main focus of most art, and are the most iconic army it makes sense that everyone would have them. It would be more interesting to know how many people stick to nothing but marines, and how many people branch out (and how many people don't have marines at all)

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

TheChirurgeon posted:

The problem with making video reports snappy is that editing 3 hours of video into an interesting 10-20 minute video is a lot of work and takes a lot of post work. And also takes a skillset that most people just don't have.

I've been watching Tabletop Tactics battle reports while painting. While they don't edit down to 20 minutes, they do only summarize movement phases (other than advance rolls) and in later turns they start summarizing more and more. Unlike most battle reports everyone seems comfortable on camera and they manage to light it well and have clear audio for everyone.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Corrode posted:

Oh yeah, gamers are not exactly photogenic at the best of times and there always seems to be one guy who has the kind of personality dysfunction which shouldn't be on camera.

I think these guys (tabletop tactics) are all ex-drama students. They're either lacking crippling nerd disorders or at least able to hide them for a few hours so you get actual friendly banter instead of cringe. I tried watching MWG once and it was a mess of mumbling, constantly changing volume, and inability to see what's going on.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Pendent posted:

Generally speaking vehicle mounted plasma weapons cause mortal wounds instead of inmediately killing the firing model.

This being said... How the hell is a rhino firing a combi plasma?

A razorback with las/plas can kill itself on overheat.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Lord Windy posted:

So, is it possible to take more of what you want in armies? Like more elite choices rather than troops?

Yes, there are lots of different force org charts depending on what you want to take.

The standard is 2 HQ + 3 troops as required choices, which gives you 3 command points.

There's also the option for 1 command point to take 1 HQ and 3 of any single other force org slot.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Corrode posted:

66% x 3.5 is no different than 3.5 × 66%.

But you can use a single command point to reroll your to-hit and end up with d6 hits, or you can reroll the number of shots on a successful hit. Either way it's more impactful than reroll in how many shots (which still need to hit) or the hit die on one of those shots.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

chutche2 posted:

Also speeds the game up overall. Do you know how annoying it is to watch someone reroll 1s with 4d6 wyvern shots, rather than for 4 shots that each do d6 hits?

I've done worse. Reroll 1s on 36+6d6 aggressor shots and another 5d6 from a repulsor.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

bonds0097 posted:

So prices on eBay are super ridiculous and I live nowhere near a GW store, I don't suppose there's anyone who would be willing to ship a poor goon a store birthday primary captain? I'm happy to pay 35-50 bucks shipped. (i'm assuming msrp is 35 like most characters).

I figure if I'm gonna pay markup I'd rather pay it to some goon ham than an rear end in a top hat on ebay (not that those are necessarily mutually exclusive).

If my store lets me get 2, the birthday is tomorrow. I'll ship you one.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

bonds0097 posted:

That would be awesome, PM me if the store is amenable. :p

I've ordered 2 from the store. They don't stock them, so it'll take a week to come in.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

How do you guys maintain the motivation to keep painting?

I alternate back and forth between cool poo poo that I'm super excited about and boring things that I need to fill out my army. So I'll spend a week or two painting up a tactical squad, then the next week or two on dreads and tanks and characters.

Speaking of tanks, my sicaran omega showed up. For all the people salty about how my previous sicaran was a great cast and easy to put together, you should probably go buy more salt, since this one was too. (or buy a sicaran, since I guess they fixed the molds or whatever)

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer
Russes firing twice with their turret gun if they move under half is great.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

chutche2 posted:

They do talk about price changes, they said russes are cheaper.

That's a buff. They don't talk about nerfs in the previews.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Shockeh posted:

Short one - Inceptor bases, solutions that A. permit transport and B. Do not involve selling my soul in a Faustian pact to not be poo poo, go.

Pin them. Drill into the top of the stand where the seat is, and then into the inceptor where it would sit.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer
It's been a while since I took photos of poo poo. The Sicaran Omega looks really cool, but I think the rules are trash (170 points base, 24" heavy 6 plasma gun that can overcharge to heavy 3 s9 -1 d3). Doesn't get anything to ignore the penalty for movement, so if you want to get in range you can't overcharge without a -1 penalty.

Fire raptor is cool and good. Lots of points, but also lots of bullets. Really good at killing primaris and putting damage on light/medium vehicles.

Fat land raider

Hero of my most recent game putting 14 wounds on a land raider in a single turn

Some mans

A contemptor

My entire army as of now

Compared to June right after 8th dropped

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Broken Record Talk posted:

Your Blood Angel paint jobs consistently make me hate my bad painting, but love Blood Angels even more. Good work.

What's the secret to that red? It's so drat vibrant and crisp!

Mephiston red through an airbrush over vallejo grey (really, drat near white) primer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

gently caress you so so much.

This may be the best compliment I've ever gotten.