Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Pendent posted:

As a Blood Angels player I think I have more to fear because any change to slam captains is likely to cripple the rest of the army as badly as the FAQ, if not worse.

It's going to be like how Guilliman causes a huge point increase to razorbacks and stormravens for non-ultramarines. Their solution to fix something broken makes it so the non-broken versions of an army are even less competitive through collateral damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Eifert Posting posted:

Not to mention ap5 is so much better vs hordes than the modern -0 bolter.

Marines are costed the same but their weapons and armor both got worse.

S5 Ap4 weapons used to wound guardsmen on 2s and give them no save. Now they wound on 3s and get a 6+.

The same weapons wounded marines on 3s and they got a 3+, now it's on 3s with a 4+.

Didn't guardsmen get cheaper, too? I think they were 50 points before.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I did a thing that looks at the efficiency of Troop units against all the other troop units.

It's a spreadsheet.

Be amazed.

It looks like Scouts have guardsman stats

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Fake James posted:

It totally ruled, and that guy was drunkenly ecstatic the rest of the night. Very, very drunkenly.

This shirt is now worth thousands of dollars.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
I play Taranis fight me

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
The PL of the rogue trader guys is wonky. She's PL4 but actually costs 46.

They have some pretty cool stuff. The admech guy gives them all a 5++, you deploy the whole detachment as one drop and can spend 1 cp to deep strike everyone. With a 1cp strat the death cult lady is doing 4 S4 ap-2 d3 damage attacks rerolling misses and has a 2+ poisoned pistol.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Sep 9, 2018

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Jack B Nimble posted:

For the Kill Team starter box, am I crazy or does Mechanicus total ~100 points while GSC doesn't get much above 50?

Mechanicus hits 100 with 9 dudes

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Warglaives are fun but not very good. Helverins are incredible. They're great at killing T7/3+ armor models, good against flyers, and stuff whose wounds are multiples of 3 have a bad time usually. My helverins hosed down a good chunk of a custodes list because of the 3 damage shots.

They're not going to be great at fighting the current knight meta but they still do decent damage.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Armigers work fantastic with a Preceptor.

How's that going for you?

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I love it. Especially with Warglaives and the Helm that gives nearby Armigers +1 to hit. Combine with the House Raven ability and you have a fast, hard hitting force that can easily get in range and nuke nearly anything.

Glad to hear it's working for you. I'm going to use a warglaive and 2 helverins, the helverins will have to play farther forward than I like so I'll have to keep them protected.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

PierreTheMime posted:

Why have to play forward? They move fast enough, but a 60” range is fine to sit back in most instances. Are they going to be following along with a mobile assault army?

Because they have stay in range of the preceptor.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
RE terminators, I'd also like to see chainfists usable again. They're hideously overpriced.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Got the pics back of my mediocre and yet fully painted 2000 points.

https://imgur.com/a/bUFXqwe

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
There's also the FW knight with a volkite.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
My dev squads are usually 2 HB, 1 lascannon, 1 missile and maybe an extra bolter boi to soak up pot shots. Sometimes replace 1 HB with a second lascannon but I feel that starts making them too big of a target.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Yeah idk between knights, leviathans, and plaguebursts S8 missiles aren't very good right now. Take one for flakk but don't take 4 of them

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Oct 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Give them some crazy volkite poo poo. An actual non-psyker source of mortal wounds.

You could have hellblaster equivalents with volkite calivers at 30 inch heavy 2 S6 Ap-1 2 damage 6+ to wound is 1 mortal, or have bigger guys with culverins at 45 inch heavy 4 S6 AP-1 2 damage 6+ to wound is d3 mortal.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Oct 4, 2018